Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Empty Leopulse!

Post by Pigmaniac Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 4If8LpB

Leopulse! The Electric Leopard Pokemon

Electric/Dark

(Pronounced Le-pulse)

Last edited by Pigmaniac on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to change sprite a bit as Normal/Electric already existed (Helioptile))
Pigmaniac
Pigmaniac
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by FutureCreator Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:01 am

Umm helioptile?
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Pigmaniac Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:07 am

futurecreateor wrote:Umm helioptile?

Oh yeah... Welp that's just great!
Pigmaniac
Pigmaniac
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:10 am

*pulls self away from Kingdom Heats X [chi] long enough to judge* (somehow, that is way too addicting..)

Anyhow, judging time;

Hessehl wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Venairy_by_hessehl-d8ltwow
I do have to say I like this idea, and I at least can somewhat make out the representations of the poison and fairy types. However, a few things hold this sprite back. For one, the colors are a bit too saturated, which makes the green in particular a little uneasy on the eyes. Secondly, going in close, there are some area of double pixelation, mostly involving the hair and upstreched hand. Perhaps the biggest problem with the sprite involves the shading- it lacks shading in places it could use it (it has large swaths of flat color), and the shading that is present is pillow-shaded. Fix the shading on everything but the heart, and clean up the outlines a bit, and this would be a better sprite for it.
B-

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Totemrage_by_futurecreateor-d7y1sd1
This sprite is not bad, though I can tell you directly off another pokemon (probably Rapidash). The wood effect looks decent, and I'd say the fire should cast a glow.. but pokemon doesn't seem to do that, for some reason. The biggest problem here is that this sprite is mirrored. Sprites haven't done that since Kingler in gen one, I believe. Anyway the point is, pokemon sprites are usually on an angle, not dead on (and not mirrored).
B

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Fire_grass_type_fakemon_by_jathavansiva-d8lu1n0
This sprite is just about too cluttered. Also I know this is supposed to be a grass/fire type, but it gives me the vibe of some tropical undersea seaweed-like plant. It might have something to do with how the fire was shaded- look at Moltres for an example of how to shade the inner parts of the fire. Honestly, this sprite would probably be improved by removing the orange flames around the legs, which would make the bark more visible, thus making the grass typing more easily seen, and making the sprite less cluttered- that simple change could go a long way. Anyhow, mose of the sprite work on this is pretty solid, except for that the arm in the air has both double pixelation, and missing pixels in the outline, and the blue flame on the leg is missing a chunk near the bottom.
B-

LlamaMinister wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 15d13kk
Well this is.. off-putting. Thanks for the nightmares. >.<  Anyway, regarding the sprite and pokemon, while the rock type is evident, the ghost type is a little hard to see (though in fairness it's hard to think what else it could be otherwise). As a sprite, the shading and coloring is fairly good. The only thing that I really hold against it, it that this is a bit out of the friendly and cartoonish pokemon style- it almost looks more at home with Ocarina of Time (maybe?)
B+

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Nordra_by_crimsonignis-d8m4rso
Cute idea, but this sprite is fairly flawed. First and foremost, the direct side view is also something that pokemon sprites do not do. Another thing, it looks like you tried to give it a shadow on the ground where it was laying, but this blends in and makes things difficult to see, and when I take it away, the anatomy is not correct for laying. On a plus, the shading isn't that bad, though the outline on the white could be a bit darker- It's not a bad design, but it needs a different pose and a bit better anatomy.
C

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Ghost_fighting_type_by_brawler139-d8mb968
There's just something about this that looks off.. but I'm not quite sure I can peg down why. One error I can notice though is that the shading on the claw hand it wrong, or at least if the claws are meant to be wrapped towards the body, both the structure and the shading of the middle claw are incorrect. Something else not preferable, is that the white body has an all black outline. ..Most of the rest that I'd like to nitpick about the sprite is technically design choice.. not necessarily faultable, but the bright purple really doesn't work inside the ghostly portion of the body, and is double-pixeled.
C+

Leopardmask wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 11hqm1k
First things first, too much of a side view. Regardless, not bad, but if it weren't for the fact that it's a snake-type build, the sprite lacks a real indication of being the poison type. This sprite could also use more shading, and the side view really stunts it in that department. Also, the tongue could stand to be two pixels thick down most of the length.
C

BetaX64 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Heligl10
I do really like this, though I'll say it's not completely without faults. It's mostly well constructed and decently shaded- where I find room for improvement is in the outline. The outline of the near wing just about blends into the bottom, and could stand to be a darker color so that it would stand out more. Also, the use of black on the underside of the abdomen could be used to distinguish the segments slightly better. Otherwise, this is a very nice sprite.
A-

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 16afda9165f6f6a583d1dacebe97486a-d8miyz0
I'm not sure if the white one is supposed to be a shiny or not, but I'm only judging the purple one. Anyway.. looking at this, while I can sorta see the fairy, the fighting isn't exactly evident. Regardless, the anatomy of the sprite is off, with the one arm being a bit too big than the other, even with it being closer front. The shading also doesn't flow from color to color like it should- you shaded the tail like the segments were raise and wrapped around, but the rest of the sprite work does not suggest that. Also, the back leg is shaded incorrectly, and the purple shadow color is almost too dark.
C-

DracaufeuX wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 5bu2hf
First things first, the black outline on the dress is on the wrong side, as the light source is more likely hitting the front of her body, not back-lighting her. Another thing I notice is the slight waves you tried to make in the dress, but that doesn't really work out if the whole bottom outline is smooth (it needs to contour). I think what bothers mo more though, is that you didn't do a great job of disguising the pokemon you used to make this- to me it's evidently a Meloetta with Articuno wings and a new dress. It wouldn't be bad, but it doesn't feel like a new pokemon. Also, the wings don't look like they match the dress in color, despite likely using the same palette, because you used too much white, since while was intended for the highlight, you used it for the base color.
C-

13gamer2000, ThatBritishYoshi, and Pigmaniac, your sprites do not qualify. I'll look yours over, but you're not eligible to win the round.

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Mercen10
Nothing personal, this sprite is just really more of a pokemorph (trainer/pokemon fusion) than a fakemon. Also, neither of the type combos you tried to give me are very fitting. Regardless, this sprite is not bad. It looks like the trainermon's standing on his toes.., but I'm going to day that was intentional.

ThatBritishYoshi wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 MwY50rx
I make the request that you not do evos for a good reason- it can be hard to make the pokemon look different enough, and yours really did not. Even so, the fire type is not really able to be seen. Also, your sprite has too many unnaturally straight lines on its body, and the shades of green are a bit too close. I like the fluff on the back of its head though.

Pigmaniac wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 4If8LpB
electric normal - electric dark
I saw what you did- you switched the type and edited at the last minute. I'm not supposed to allow for last-minute edits; once it's entered, it's in. Even so, it just doesn't do enough, and the electric arguably looked better with the other body palette. The sparing effect on the tail doesn't look quite right.. one-pixel thick lines aren't really used in pokemon, and the neck looks weird.. but maybe that could be fixed if you gave it more of a bottom jaw. Also, this is just a nitpick, but while you named it after a feline, it just about shares more features with a bear.

1st; BetaX64
2nd; LlamaMinister
3rd; futurecreateor

Next Round- Create a mugshot for a character from an anime.
End Date- 3/28

And what have I learned from this week? never assign a fakemon round again Anticipate people's questions so I don't have to shoot people down, because I really don't want to have to do that.

So.., yes the character can be from any anime (not just pokemon). No, it can't be from an 'american anime' (like Avatar). I'd also prefer it not be from something manga-only (because style reasons).
However, if the character you want to do is from a video game that got an anime adaptation (like Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss), that is allowed.
Basically, if the character appears in an anime, it's good.
Quick addendum; The character should be at least humanoid (no team mascots or anything like that.. and as far as mugshots for pokemon.. that might actually be a cool idea for a different round. Hm..)

Last edited by Dragon Arbock on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:23 am

Dragon Arbock wrote:

Leopardmask wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 11hqm1k
First things first, too much of a side view. Regardless, not bad, but if it weren't for the fact that it's a snake-type build, the sprite lacks a real indication of being the poison type. This sprite could also use more shading, and the side view really stunts it in that department. Also, the tongue could stand to be two pixels thick down most of the length.
C

Yeah, I was having a REALLY difficult time trying to make this thing look poisonous... I'm sure I could've done better but the only thing I could think of was the purple stripes.
I didn't even think of the side view of being bad, but now that you've said something I realize that's why I couldn't, in my eyes, make the shading look right either - because most sprites aren't side-view like that. Also maybe why I couldn't get a 2-pixel tongue to look right. I should've gone a little bit more out of my comfort zone to make the head 3/4 view at least, but this idea was barely fully fledged as it is. It's also my first scratch build, so I didn't really expect too much from it anyway.

Maybe I should have tried my will-o-the-wisp trapped in ice idea... way too much translucency for a first build though IMO.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Isn't helioptile a normal electric though
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Empty Questions...

Post by verys Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Can the mugshot be for a Pokémon?

verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Well i don't think it really maters it's basicly the same normal/electric and electric/normal.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Jathavan wrote:
Isn't helioptile a normal electric though

Theirs was a normal/electric type at first then they tried to change it out. I saw it first-hand.

VerysBlade wrote:Can the mugshot be for a Pokémon?

No. I actually was kicking myself after I went to bed that I should have specified that the character has to be at least humanoid, but I thought that was a given. (I'm just going to add that now to be safe).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Welp...there goes my idea of armored Mewtwo... Sad
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:53 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Welp...there goes my idea of armored Mewtwo... Sad
Oh, man, that would be cool though! I'm still attempting a full-body sprite of armored Mewtwo.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Hessehl Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Konata_by_hessehl-d8ms6tm
I submit Konata, from Lucky Star.
Hessehl
Hessehl
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Empty umm

Post by Karasugaming Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:35 pm

does this include manga seeing as most anime is based off of the manga?
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:36 am

13gamer2000 wrote:does this include manga seeing as most anime is based off of the manga?

I request that it be an anime, not something manga-only. Obviously the anime can be based off a manga, but I was trying to avoid the manga-only (and I already stated in the update video no, so I'm not going back on that).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Empty entry

Post by Karasugaming Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:39 am

entry has been changed because i didn't want people to keep saying i copied red so i made soul from soul eater by editing my mugshot to kinda look like soul but just with a pokeball.
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Vstrai13[/img]
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Latest10[/img]
you can kind of see the resemblances of how soul kinda looks like my mugshot but i tried my hardest with his bandanna XD dude needs to stop putting stuff on it

Last edited by 13gamer2000 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed entry)
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:08 am

I'm sure i've seen red before on the silverleague sprite reviews
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:23 am

Gamer.. do you maybe have it not upscaled?
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:49 am

Why did you do upscale editing?
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Empty dude

Post by Karasugaming Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:43 am

dude your late i edited my post before you posted that and i normally do upscale editing to see how it turns out and i normally downscale it -.-
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:08 am

No i mean the "soul" caption
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Empty umm

Post by Karasugaming Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:22 am

soul isnt upscaled
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:05 am

Ok gamer, your sprite has been edited after being upscaled. I've pointed out the edits in green...
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 <a href=Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Vstrai10" />
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Well the thing is, this one's upscaled too, and the last one you did not downscale properly, you just shrunk it, which made it fuzzy.
(Also the fact that you didn't just have the original scaled version of the sprite makes me wonder..)

(Hm.. I need a deputy that can put their foot down better than the avoidant cur that is me).

Also, guys, if you have suspicions or complaints involving others you would be better to PM me than post here and cause unnecessary unrest.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:Well the thing is, this one's upscaled too, and the last one you did not downscale properly, you just shrunk it, which made it fuzzy.
(Also the fact that you didn't just have the original scaled version of the sprite makes me wonder..)

(Hm.. I need a deputy that can put their foot down better than the avoidant cur that is me).

Also, guys, if you have suspicions or complaints involving others you would be better to PM me than post here and cause unnecessary unrest.
Sorry if I've caused problems just wanted to point this out. Shocked
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:33 pm

This is my entry-Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 8 Kurosu10[/img]
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next