Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Empty reasonening for arboks comments only not any other comments

Post by Karasugaming Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:Well the thing is, this one's upscaled too, and the last one you did not downscale properly, you just shrunk it, which made it fuzzy.
(Also the fact that you didn't just have the original scaled version of the sprite makes me wonder..)

(Hm.. I need a deputy that can put their foot down better than the avoidant cur that is me).

Also, guys, if you have suspicions or complaints involving others you would be better to PM me than post here and cause unnecessary unrest.

arbok the reason why i didn't have a normal version is because when i was working on the red sprite i was detailing it so i made it upscaled and saved it as a upscaled so therefore no descale unless i re-create it
also soul was not made upscaled and i don't know why future creator put a mugshot of morty there seeing as that mugshot was made for my by joasama. im sorry for the suspicions and hope you understand now
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by FutureCreator Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:28 am

I used morty for a size comparison.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:16 am

front-page rules wrote:Try to keep your sprite at or below the b/w dimensions (96x96 pixels). Having a much larger sprite than everyone else makes it hard to judge everyone equally.

@gamer  Basically anything out of scale is not allowed.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:13 am

I think that some official mugshots are 100x64
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Empty Maes Hughes

Post by Pigmaniac Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:33 am

My sprite of Maes Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist!
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Haqm1g1
Pigmaniac
Pigmaniac
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:49 pm

futurecreateor wrote:I think that some official mugshots are 100x64

Yeah, the rule was made with regular pokemon and trainer sprites in mind, but the part about being in scale still stands.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:28 am

My submission is Yusei from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Yusei_vs_by_crimsonignis-d8n5j19
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Empty fixed soul

Post by Karasugaming Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:28 am

i downscaled soul is it better? i tried to make it 64x64
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Meh10[/img]
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatBritishYoshi Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:22 pm

13gamer2000 wrote:i downscaled soul is it better? i tried to make it 64x64
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 <a href=Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Meh10" />

I recommend you do it all again.
ThatBritishYoshi
ThatBritishYoshi
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:43 pm

The normal mugshot size is 104x64...
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Create a mugshot for an anime character, 3/28]

Post by Brawler139 Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:25 am

Here is Byakuya Togami from Danganronpa: The Animation

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Byakuya_togami_mugshot_by_brawler139-d8nfcjq
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Lucy the Diclonicus from Elfen Lied Very Happy.
(The arm is a Vector and it is ment to be transparent just to point that out I have a red bg on one.)

http://yria101.deviantart.com/art/Lucy-Diclonicus-Mugshot-523102965?ga_submit_new=10%253A1427561767
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:05 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Saeko_11
This is Saeko Busujima from Highschool of the Dead.
I rather watch The Walking Dead than Highschool of the Dead...
She's my favorite in the Anime. She's so BADASS.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:21 am

(Ugh, ok, way too much 'Viva- Tales Of!' for me; I've both a headache, and (several) job(s) to do)..
Alright, let's get this underway.

Hessehl wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Konata_by_hessehl-d8ms6tm
Ah yes, I recognize her. Knowing the style of Lucky Star, I can see that you took the character and tried to make it fit the style of pokemon a little bit more. It looks nice, but I've got a few minor complaints. For one, while I know what you were going for, the highlight on the hair is too bright.. and why is there a bright highlight back-lighting her hair? Elsewhere, the anatomy on the thumb and pinky seems a bit off, especially on the character's right hand, on which the three extended fingers appear too short, even moreso when compared to the other hand. Also I know this is a stylistic choice, but official mugshots tend to be outlined almost entirely in black. (Additionally, isn't she supposed to have green eyes? (or is that one of those things where blue and green is the same word so they get mixed up))?
B-

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Kurosu10
(and now we get into the characters that a filthy casual like me doesn't know ^-^; Oh well..) At a glance this sprite looks fine enough. When I look at it a bit longer though, I see flaws. The most off-putting thing is how you chose to shade the underside of the hair. What you did is unnatural- by that I mean, the shading on individual strands should deeper in, creating an impression of the strands' origins. Best I could say is to study the source image you based this off (it came up when I google'd the character, which I need to do for reference purposes). Also, the bangs could easily be made to have the fringe at this scale, and it doesn't look right without it, and the near shoulder is separated from the body with an unnecessarily dark line.
B-

Pigmaniac wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Haqm1g1
Alright, I guess I can't say there are no dead-on mugshots, but most of them have more interesting poses. Regardless of that, I find other issues with this sprite. At first I thought the coat had no shading, but only when I go in close I can see it- that is to say, the shades are too close to be effectively distinguished. Even so, looking at it, I don't think I like how the shading was done to begin with. It makes little sense for the arm to be in the light in that manner. The face isn't awful, but it seems a bit closer to cartoony than anything, and the stubble is perhaps too dark. As for the hair, the highlight should have flowed down the spikes towards the center of the forehead to imply the slicked-back look.
C

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Yusei_vs_by_crimsonignis-d8n5j19
This one seems to be fairly well done. It's accurate to the character, and doesn't harbor any really major flaws. If I were to pick, I'd say long spike of hair on his left could have used a bit of base color poking into the shadow instead of just rounding the shading off like that- rounded shading does not fit with spiky hair. Also the eyes are a touch big for pokemon scale, but that really can't be helped.
A

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Meh10
I don't know why you had made is so big that you had to downscale it, but now you scaled it down too far. Furthermore, you didn't do it by the proper method, as in you didn't do much to clean it up after the scaling afflicted it. It might not have been bad with some more work, but I find issue with more than just the scaling. The lines are messy, and the anatomy of the arm is a bit troublesome- Mainly, it isn't well defined, and the forearm seems too short. Also, the colors on the sprite are varying degrees of shades off from the actual character.
D

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Byakuya_togami_mugshot_by_brawler139-d8nfcjq
I'm sorry, but the biggest problem with this sprite is that it's essentially just Cheren recolored with a slight edit to the front of the hair (which wasn't even for the better). The sprite does little to capture the character it's trying to be associated with, so I'm afraid I can't let you off easy for it.
D

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Lucy_diclonicus_mugshot_by_yria101-d8nfwtx
This sprite is fairly decent as well, and if it wasn't my job to scrutinize, I'd call it good, though it is, so I have a few issues to point out. For one, the hair could use more of a highlight shade, and the shading you tried to do on the fringes falls flat because the colors are too close in shade. Secondly, and the only other real issue, is the shading on the chest. Frankly, it's a bit to flat, or, at least it is on her left half (to put it another way, the shading makes her look a lot less endowed in her assests on her left as compared with her right.) The shading should be changed to mimic that of the right.
B+

BetaX64 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Saeko_11
There's something about this that's off-looking- I think it's that it just doesn't look quite feminine enough, and I think that has to do with the shape of the face. Also, the bangs overextend the edge of the face, giving it a disproportionate look which extends to the shape of the cranium, which looks about too wide. The trailing strands of hair that come down by her ears are also too thick, though maybe if it was made to look like several strands instead f one big one, it might have worked. Otherwise, I like the shading on the fringe of the hair, and you did a good job with the sword, but the other faults of the sprite just hold it back.
B

1st; CrimsonIgnis
2nd; Yria/Mara LB
3rd; BetaX64

Next Round- Devamp a 5th gen pokemon sprite to G/S/C style.
End Date- 4/4

• Yes, you must downsize the sprite to fit the 56x56 aspect ratios for gen 2
  • Yes, you must reduce the color palette to 2 colors, black, and white (so 4 in total).
  • You may choose a pokemon to devamp that already exists in gen one or two, but you may not use its existing sprites in your sprite
  • Please don't pick a pokemon that you don't have to resize- that's the easy way out, and not fair nor fun.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:53 am

Can we devamp 6th gen pokemon?
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:51 am

SInce I don't have an answer about 6th gen I'm posting my entry, but I would like to have the right to changing it if 6th gen is alowed.
Here is it - Arceus:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Arceus10
btw this is my first devamp Very Happy
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:03 pm

futurecreateor wrote:Can we devamp 6th gen pokemon?

I just wanted you to do 5th gen because I didn't want to drag scratching an entirely new sprite into this (and I do not allow you to use 6th gen sprites other people have made).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:18 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
futurecreateor wrote:Can we devamp 6th gen pokemon?

I just wanted you to do 5th gen because I didn't want to drag scratching an entirely new sprite into this (and I do not allow you to use 6th gen sprites other people have made).
Ok thanks, I wasn't going to use someone else's sprite. That means my entry will be arceus.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:39 pm

BetaX64 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Saeko_11
There's something about this that's off-looking- I think it's that it just doesn't look quite feminine enough, and I think that has to do with the shape of the face. Also, the bangs overextend the edge of the face, giving it a disproportionate look which extends to the shape of the cranium, which looks about too wide. The trailing strands of hair that come down by her ears are also too thick, though maybe if it was made to look like several strands instead f one big one, it might have worked. Otherwise, I like the shading on the fringe of the hair, and you did a good job with the sword, but the other faults of the sprite just hold it back.

I could understand that because I procrastinated when making on the mugshot. So guys don't procrastinate or you'll get really bad or IDK...
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:04 pm

Haha, true enough Beta. I've certainly been there though.
(I am the queen of procrastination- it's a wonder I even get these done on time).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Empty ummmm

Post by Karasugaming Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:50 pm

does 5th gen only mean pokemon that were added in the 5th generation pokemon game or any sprite that is specifically from the game because if its only the pokemon added in 5th gen then that arceus isn't allowed
(also that arceus sprite is amazing)
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:17 pm

13gamer2000 wrote:does 5th gen only mean pokemon that were added in the 5th generation pokemon game or any sprite that is specifically from the game because if its only the pokemon added in 5th gen then that arceus isn't allowed
(also that arceus sprite is amazing)
I think that as long as you're devamping its 5th gen sprite, any Pokemon is ok. Didn't Arbock say that even 1st/2nd gen Pokemon are allowed as long as your sprite doesn't look like its actual sprite?
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:35 pm

^ Yes, I only mean 5th gen as in the sprites from B/W/B2/W2. Pokemon from before gen 5 are allowed.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Empty Devamped glalie

Post by Karasugaming Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:54 pm

i tried to make devamped glalie by following the devamped tutorial you made dragon arbock how did i do?
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Glalie10[/img]
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:48 pm

13gamer2000 wrote:i tried to make devamped glalie by following the devamped tutorial you made dragon arbock how did i do?
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 <a href=Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 9 Glalie10" />

Well I had wanted you to pick a sprite you had to resize (which I checked to make sure, and the original one was already below 56x56). Also, you used too many colors.

(I don't technically know if I should have said any of this at all, but I'm not one to ignore a question).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next