Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 7 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 7 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:20 pm

Leopardmask wrote:Dang, I can't do my idea for an evolved form of Torkoal. Oh well, I have another idea now.
I had an inkling that you might've been heading there.

Also, Yoshi, if I'm putting my foot down with Leopardmask, that applies to you too.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 7 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by ThatBritishYoshi Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:30 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
Leopardmask wrote:Dang, I can't do my idea for an evolved form of Torkoal. Oh well, I have another idea now.
I had an inkling that you might've been heading there.

Also, Yoshi, if I'm putting my foot down with Leopardmask, that applies to you too.

Well that hard work just got thrown out of the window. Seriously, what's the problem with an evo?
ThatBritishYoshi
ThatBritishYoshi
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:42 pm

I was looking for something completely original, getting new evos has become more unlikely than ever before, and being honest, the fire type was not evident at all in your sprite, so this could actually help you.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 7 15d13kk
Name: Poltersight
Type: Ghost/Rock
Abilities: Startle (Cuts Speed)
             Shadow Tag
             Moxie
Info: The evolution to Spireye (a Ghost/Psychic type), Poltersight, who is typically found in caves or mountainous areas, has begun using it's Psychic powers to take advantage of its environment, using rocks and boulders as weapons against opponents. It maintains a decently high Sp. Atk. stat while gaining a boost to its Atk. stat but a cut to its Spd. It is relatively frail, but packs a punch, and in combination with Startle, it is a decent sweeper.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:57 pm

*wonders if I should post a paragraph at the start of every round to emphasize what you can and can't do an cover every possible question imaginable, but I know no one would read it*

(also probably shouldn't let gamer get away with that entry either, but I am aware it probably won't make a difference, because again, no one listens)

(..or alternative is I ignore all questions and just hand out D's and E's, but I don't think people would appreciate that either- I don't know whether to be more lenient, or to run this with an iron fist- I don't think I got the latter in me.)
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:01 pm

I know it would help to post all the information at the start but people would probably just ignore it so you know but maybe you should get helpers so you do not be aware of the chat all the time and could get a second opinion.
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:41 pm

[quote="Dragon Arbock"]*
(also probably shouldn't let gamer get away with that entry either, but I am aware it probably won't make a difference, because again, no one listens)

nahh you don't have to enter mine if its not up to standerds i don't mind tongue Razz Very Happy
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:00 pm

13gamer2000 wrote:
Dragon Arbock wrote:*

nahh you don't have to enter mine if its not up to standerds i don't mind tongue Razz Very Happy

Well, it's just technically yours is a pokemorph (a trainer/pokemon splice), not a fakemon. Thats why.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 7 Empty Ideas

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:32 pm

I suggest you post specifications on what to make/how to make it, and pick people to help enforce them, preferably people taking part in the contest.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hessehl Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:43 am

I think you should also make an example of the theme of the contest, so people can see what are you looking for.
Hessehl
Hessehl
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:08 am

Hessehl wrote:I think you should also make an example of the theme of the contest, so people can see what are you looking for.

I don't think that's really needed, plus I'd have to delay the announcing of rounds until I were to finish mine then (and I can't even enter because I'm the judge) :/

*wonders if anyone else would ever /want/ to be a judge, though it'd need to be someone with lots of experience and objectivity*
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:01 pm

I had a bit of trouble deciding what to do, but finally i based my sprite on a sketch i did last year

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 7 Nordra_by_crimsonignis-d8m4rso
My submission is, the Normal Dragon type, Nordra (very creative name)
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:48 pm

By the way, how many rounds will there be in total?
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:13 pm

futurecreateor wrote:By the way, how many rounds will there be in total?

This is a continuous contest- basically it goes until people stop participating.

I may do a separate tournament in the future with elimination rounds, but this thread here is the equivalent of having individual contests each week, but with the added incentive of the scoreboard.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:50 am

That sounds great, thanks!
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 7 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Create a fakemon for nonexistant type combo, 3/21]

Post by Brawler139 Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:55 pm

This is supposed to be a ghost-fighting type.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 7 Ghost_fighting_type_by_brawler139-d8mb968
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 7 Empty Hailektrik, the Electric Snake

Post by Leopardmask Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:38 pm

This is Hailektrik, an Electric/Poison type. It's based loosely on the Native American haietlik, although the haietlik itself is actually a sea serpent.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 7 11hqm1k

Pokedex:
(might as well make up a game name for Hailektrik to be native to)
Topaz: Its head is razor sharp for defense and hunting. It gets its electric power from its preferred prey: the electric rodents.
Opal: It shakes its tail to warn off enemies, making a crackling sound from the electricity stored there. It can also shoot lightning bolts from its tongue.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:24 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 7 Heligl10
Meet Heliglider!
The Copter Pokemon
Bug/Dragon-Type
Base Stats: 524
HP: 70
Attack: 95
Defense: 64
Sp. Attack: 115
Sp. Defense: 60
Speed: 120
It evolves form Propelfly at Lv.28 (Won't show it due to the rule of this contest.)
HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY IT! Very Happy
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Damn that's a good scratch if only I was bothered to put my drawings on the computer then I might be level.(not saying yours is a drawing) cheers afro
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Jathavan wrote:Damn that's a good scratch if only I was bothered to put my drawings on the computer then I might be level.(not saying yours is a drawing) cheers afro
Who are you refering to?
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Pretty sure he means you...
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:17 pm

futurecreateor wrote:Pretty sure he means you...
Well in that case, thanks! I always like doing scratch work.
If you want to reply someone click the button that said, "QUOTE" this shows that you want to reply that person that you're referring to. Then after clicking it, Notice you see two words that saids quote between the [ and ]. Press ENTER after the ] to reply and BOOM BOOM BOOM, you're DONE!
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:47 am

Faeki the Fairy Fighting pokemon.
It is based of a Red Panda (Very cute)
And the next evolution is based of a Kangaroo that will explain fighting more.
But well enough chit-chatin here is the sprite.

http://yria101.deviantart.com/art/Faeki-final-521566092?ga_submit_new=10%253A1426937889
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:45 am

BetaX64 wrote:
futurecreateor wrote:Pretty sure he means you...
Well in that case, thanks! I always like doing scratch work.
If you want to reply someone click the button that said, "QUOTE" this shows that you want to reply that person that you're referring to. Then after clicking it, Notice you see two words that saids quote between the [ and ]. Press ENTER after the ] to reply and BOOM BOOM BOOM, you're DONE!
OK then thanks this is the first time I've been on a forum so you know I don't quite get everything yet
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell Justice Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:26 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 7 5bu2hf

Pyrangelina

Fire/Fairy
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next