Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyper Training all your 6 stats (especially the Attack stat) actually a flaw for Special Attackers when you consider Confusion?

Go down

Hyper Training all your 6 stats (especially the Attack stat) actually a flaw for Special Attackers when you consider Confusion? Empty Hyper Training all your 6 stats (especially the Attack stat) actually a flaw for Special Attackers when you consider Confusion?

Post by ThunderSpark91 Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:35 am

I currently had some thoughts and did some research to search from some workings of gameplay mechanics and I always wondered how Confusion status condition worked.  And I found something interesting, that made wonder something about Hyper Training. Keep in mind I am relatively new to competitive and still learning, but considering I never saw this topic discussed anywhere so far. I will bring this up here:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Confusion_(status_condition) wrote:Confusion damage is calculated as if it were a typeless physical move with a power of 40; it cannot score a critical hit, and does not receive STAB. Confusion damage is unaffected by Wonder Guard, Technician, and a held Life Orb.

In theory (Correct me if I am wrong here) this does mean that even you have a special Attacker on your team, when you try to risk an attack (33% to get confusion damage), you get a physical damage attack targeted towards yourself. So your special Attacker is using the normal attack stat is it not?

This is also kind of makes me wonder a few questions, lets assume you get into a situation where you cannot switch out and cannot get rid of the Confusion stat, and you have to take the risk.

Would it not to be in your best interest to keep damage as low as you can, to not raise you attack stat to 31 by Hyper Training for a special attacker? Or is confusing just a way to unrealisable strategy?

ThunderSpark91
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Hyper Training all your 6 stats (especially the Attack stat) actually a flaw for Special Attackers when you consider Confusion? Empty Found my answer

Post by ThunderSpark91 Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:19 am

I have also posted this topic on Smogon. And yes they gave me Positive advice about this.it would be in your best intrest go for 0 Attack IV if you are not gonna use the Attack Stat.

If you guys really want to get for 0 Attack IV ditto it can be found as a preset encounter in UltraSun/UltraMoon. I am not saying where to avoid spoilers

ThunderSpark91
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down