Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostalgia for a League Long Gone But Not Forgotten

2 posters

Go down

Nostalgia for a League Long Gone But Not Forgotten Empty Nostalgia for a League Long Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Samuraiott25 Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:32 am

Hi. I hope all who sees this is doing well. I'm not sure if anyone else still browses the forums here or not, but I was feeling a little nostalgic for the times long ago and sought to come back here as the memory of the group that once was long ago came flooding back to me.

I joined the Silver League at some point in 2016, signing up for the forums a short time after joining. I was new to the world of Pokémon at the time and the idea of playing with others that were as passionate about the game as I was was like a dream come true, where we could all talk about a shared love for the game and strive to be better at it with our own little fan league. I was around from around Mid-B2W2 to around USUM, where I would occasionally pop on and off of the Xat chats to get better at the game and talk with the community that we had made together, with my appearances becoming less and less as life began to change with getting older. Still, even when I had less time to the community, I always had it on my mind. The thought of being able to get better at the game, talking about new releases and how the strategies would change, as well as seeing the gym leaders pop up on chat and try my hand at battling them. I was only able to squeeze around 2 gym badges at most, but even when I wasn't that good at the game, I still found myself having a great time.

My memories of the Discord server were very shaky due to not being active as much then due to life once again doing its thing, but it was always a pleasant sight, popping in the chat every once in a blue moon to see what everyone was up to and what was happening within the server in regards to events or just how everyone was. When the Discord deleted, I was confused. Was I kicked or banned for something? Looking into it, everything about the Silver League was just gone. Then I grew to find out it wasn't just me, but that just most about it was just scrubbed from the internet. After that point, I didn't really think much about it. I didn't know what happened or why and just grew to accept that I probably never would.

Flash forward to today. The topic of the Silver League comes back into my mind and I do a little digging and eventually saw what had happened that led to the downfall (Wow look at me learning 2 year old info-). Honestly, it hurts to think that it ended the way it did. The community we had, the memories made, and much more, all taken away in an instant because Silver did horrendous things and was willing to bring everything he made, everything we made as a community together, down with him.

But I'm not making this post to talk about how far things had fallen. I wanted to leave my post here as a way to keep the memories of the community we were alive and as a "Thank You" for all the memories shared. A big part of why I got into Pokémon and even still play in competitive formats in my free time was because of the spark this community gave me and the effect it's had on me even now. So thank you to everyone who was a part of this community for all the memories we've made together throughout our long run together as a community. I'd especially like to thank Dragon Arbock for keeping the forums up despite the inactivity and all that has happened. Thank you for preserving the memories we have all made together.

Thank you everyone.
Samuraiott25
Samuraiott25
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia for a League Long Gone But Not Forgotten Empty Re: Nostalgia for a League Long Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Kindoflame Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:36 pm

Stumbled upon this while coming back here for something. There is the Lapras Lazuli League is a Discord server where most of the SLN community has moved to (https://discord.gg/ey8zwZgxdA). We're be happy for you to join.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia for a League Long Gone But Not Forgotten Empty Re: Nostalgia for a League Long Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Samuraiott25 Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:25 am

Thanks for the invite! I'd love to reunite with the community and love to be a part of a new one as well!
Samuraiott25
Samuraiott25
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down