Generic Trainer rp

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Generic Trainer rp

Post by NGamerS on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Spoiler:
im 8 hours ahead so I guess o can stay up till midnight since it's friday and we'll see what's up. i just hope i can remember to do that.
NGamerS
Solarbeam Sunkern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 am

Spoiler:

I am free from 12:00 to 2:00, which is 8:00 to 10:00 for you. I think that is probably the best time for us to do this. We'll meet in the MSPARP chat yu linked to earlier. Also, I changed some rules, so be sure to check them out.
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:08 am

Spoiler:

Kindoflame wrote:

- Every Pokemon has 1 re-roll.
- A Pokemon can use its re-roll on any Action that it preforms.
- If a re-roll is used, all the dice rolled must be rolled again.
Is this a single re-roll per battle?
Kindoflame wrote:

- Base stats are based on video game stats at Lv. 100 with perfect IV and no EV.
I feel like levels should be put into account since it is a measure of work put into the pokemon. Kind (theoretically) trained hard to have a Quilava with Flame Wheel and the less experienced Nory just recently evolved his Mareep, if work is only measured in moves and EV's the line between newbie and champion becomes awful blurry.
Kindoflame wrote:

Order of Turn

-Trainer A declares Action (Attack, Buff, Debuff, or Environment).
-Trainer B declares Response (Dodge, Counter, or Block).
this whole system requires schedueled battles, which is not necesseraly a bad thing, but it will be hard to coordinate if this becomes big. Who am I kiddin this all we get :')
Kindoflame wrote:

-If Poisoned, Pokemon A takes 3 points of damage.

-If Paralyzed, all speed related rolls are halfed before the final reveal.
-If Asleep, roll a 1d6 to awaken, chances grow each turn (only when rolling a 6 to rolling a 5/6 to rolling 4/5/6 etc). You can increase the chances by one once by having the trainer call out to the Pokemon.
-If Burned, Pokemon takes 1 point of damage and all attack related rolls (NOT special attack!) are halfed before the final reveal.
-If Frozen, roll 1d6 to unfreeze, chances grow each turn (only when rolling a 6 to rolling a 5/6 to rolling 4/5/6 etc). Chances increase by one in hot enviorments. (harsh sunlight/the desert/volcano) Fire moves being used on the Pokemon have a 1d4 + turns passed chance to unfreeze it.
-If Badly Poisoned, Pokemon takes 1 point of damage and 1 point more every turn. Resets if brought back to the ball.
-If confused, roll 1d6, if the result is a 1 or 2 calculate the damage as a 40 power move with the Pokemon's attack and defence stats.
NGamerS
Solarbeam Sunkern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:27 am

Spoiler:

NGamerS wrote:
Is this a single re-roll per battle?
Yes, but every Pokemon gets their own re-roll. In a 6 vs. 6 battle, a total of 12 re-rolls can be used.

I feel like levels should be put into account since it is a measure of work put into the pokemon. Kind (theoretically) trained hard to have a Quilava with Flame Wheel and the less experienced Nory just recently evolved his Mareep, if work is only measured in moves and EV's the line between newbie and champion becomes awful blurry.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

this whole system requires schedueled battles, which is not necesseraly a bad thing, but it will be hard to coordinate if this becomes big.
Yeah, this whole system will need to be edited heavily for Double Battles and Horde Battles.

-If Paralyzed, all speed related rolls are halfed before the final reveal
-If Asleep, roll a 1d6 to awaken, chances grow each turn (only when rolling a 6 to rolling a 5/6 to rolling 4/5/6 etc). You can increase the chances by one once by having the trainer call out to the Pokemon.
Great ideas! Going to add them to the rules right away.
- Burned = Moves cost 2 Stamina points to use.
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Spoiler:

I know I said we will do this sometime between 12:00 and 2:00 (8:00 and 10:00), but I will not be able to start until 1:00. Although I would not like it, I could stay on till 2:30. I look forward to this battle.
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:22 pm

Spoiler:
sure thing! I'll get to stalking the chat now tho
NGamerS
Solarbeam Sunkern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Spoiler:

Ready to battle. I am over here: https://msparp.com/rapbattles
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Spoiler:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B83suLS2qS2FNXhrcXZiaVFaa3c check for updates Smile
NGamerS
Solarbeam Sunkern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Spoiler:

I am really looking forward to finishing our battle. Is there a time tomorrow that works for you? I am doing nothing all day.
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:56 pm

Spoiler:
i shouldn't be too busy tomorrow, so just leave a message here some time that you think i'll be awake.
NGamerS
Solarbeam Sunkern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:04 am

Spoiler:

I try to get up by 10:00 AM, which would be 6:00 PM for you.
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:59 am

Spoiler:

I am actually up right now, which you probably know because you are reading this post.
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Spoiler:
damn didn't read it till it was too late... maybe our battle system isn't the best, timewise. How about since Buckets has the advantage, and we pretty much agreed he'll win, you could write the fight scene and make yourself look good as a compensation for the loss :p we could do more dice-y flashy fights with people NOT halfway across the earth.
NGamerS
Solarbeam Sunkern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Fri May 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Chol uses spams Ancient Power and Buckets spams Water Gun. After taking a couple of hits, Buckets win.

Spoiler:

I wanted to do the match following the rules we made, with me playing for both sides. However, the idea of RP by myself was so depressing that I couldn't even open my bag of dice, which I keep next to my computer. Considering I basically wasted a whole week, I just want to move on and do something interesting. Also, I got no ideas on what events should happen next because I spent all my mental energy trying to solo-RP.
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Tue May 09, 2017 9:21 am

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!:

Welcome back to everyone's favorite game show: What Happens Next! Plot, characters, conflict, themes, motifs; the fate of them all and so much more are at the mercy of our dice tonight. Let's see tonight's scenarios.

1. Nory catches a Pokemon
2. Kind catches a Pokemon
3. Kind and Nory see a Legendary Pokemon
4. A Legendary Pokemon sees Kind and Nory
5. Kind and Nory come across a very badly injured Pokemon
6. Kind and Nory come across a poacher
7. Kind and Nory find the remains of a poacher's trap
8. Kind and Nory come across a trainer attacked by Team Rocket
9. Team Rocket attacks Kind and Nory
10. Natural 10 Bonus: 1 must be added or subtracted from all other scores

Tonight NGamerS will have the honor of rolling 3 of our dice that are totally not rigged in any way and Kindoflame will choose which of the results is What Happens Next!
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS on Tue May 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Spoiler:
Hello one and all, this is... What! Happens! Next! I rolled the dice and of our many incredible scenarios the un-loaded dice have chosen.. *Drumroll*

4!
7!
and 8!

Many a varied scene to be had, with poachers, gangs, and a pokemon of legend! Personally I am rooting for a Legendary Pokemon to spot our heroes, but which is it? Of course Kind has his say, but do the dice wish to way in?
The Generation is... 7! How topical.
(no cosmog or comeon cause they don't exist anymore. i think.)
1: Solgaleo
2: Lunala
3: Necrozma
4: Tapu Koko
5: Tapu Lele
6: Tapu Bulu
7: Tapu Fini
8: An Ultra Beast

Lunala. If you want to you can use it, if not, more power to you!
NGamerS
Solarbeam Sunkern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Tue May 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Spoiler:
This is not dead. I just turned in my 5th paper in one week. I have one more final on Thursday, and then I can post. I got something good ready.
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Mon May 22, 2017 12:08 am

...An elderly Lunatone, psionically encased in a personal atmosphere, arrived at the sub-oceanic cave it has been dispatched to. "~Halt!~" The chief resident commanded with a large verbal and telepathic voice. The Lunatone stopped, and politely waited for its next instruction. "~Identify yourself!~"

..."~My lord, I am Yarayach the Lunatone: Lunala-serving, message-bearing.~" Yarayach used his own telepathic powers to supplement these words in ways only telepathy is capable of.

...~State the message!~

..."~My liege has identified 2 humans to nominate:  smile-wearing, past-fleeing & wisdom-wielding, future-dreading.~" There was a silent pause as more detailed information was communicated telepathically.

..."Deliver this message to your liege! 'My servants will monitor these youths for now. Meanwhile, you must find more nominees. Aleph is very selective regarding matters of trust and may not be satisfied with any of the 124 nominees we have already selected.' "

..."~I will deliver your message at once, and guard its contents with my life.~"

..."~You are dismissed!~" The Lunatone bowed deeply and backed out of the cave. The dominate Pokemon turned to swim back inside, but was unable to move do to being tackled in the gut.

..."~Daddy! Please don't go!~" The child had more to say, he could no longer form words through the sobbing. Seeing his progeny in such pain hurt the father more than any of his war injuries.

...The father curled one wing around his son as he softly said, "~Do not cry my child. I was merely speaking with another. I have no intention of leaving you or your mother so soon after coming home. Let's go put you back to bed. You will need your rest if you intend to play with Oliver and Menorah tomorrow.~"
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Yesterday at 6:44 pm

Spoiler:

Trishade, you are still welcome to join if you want to. Actually, anyone who wants can join. All you have to do is write a post and BAM, your in.

Have you ever wondered what the inside of a Pokeball is like. Well, I have spent the last month or two, and especially the last week, working on images of my team in their Pokeballs. Here is the first:

Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Yesterday at 11:35 pm

Spoiler:
man, I gotta tell you, I have no idea how to continue your post. Wanna brainstorm something?
NGamerS
Solarbeam Sunkern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Today at 2:21 am

Spoiler:

Here is a nice series of events that could happen next.

Spoiler:

1: Bucket and Nory celebrate the victory + the party starts walking again
- This is just to transition from the battle, so it should be really quick

2: Battle with wild Pokemon
- No catching, we still have to deal with the ones we have already just caught

3: Party decides to stop for lunch
- The area needs a good description because lunch will be a long scene
- I think I should do this because my posts are really long and have a lot of details, but you can take a crack at it if you want to

4: >3 these things are addressed, and the rest are quickly glossed over or ignored completely until later

- Nory and Kind prepare lunch and talk
- Buckets meets the full party
- Charev meets the full party
- Charev tells his backstory and beats the audience to death with references
- Lil' Sev still wants to fight Shootaf
- Chol is sad that he lost a battle (?his first lose ever?) and is comforted by one of Nory's Pokemon*

5: Party starts walking again

*I want one of your Pokemon to do this, because we needs to be interaction between the teams. Otherwise, the story would be about 2 trainers on solo quests, while just happening to be near another person.
Kindoflame
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top