Generic Trainer rp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Generic Trainer rp

Post by Acro Leo on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:56 pm

...Well this will be anticlimactic

Your choice to join my trainer design is in one of my post and my team is Oshawott Pikachu and Eevee
Acro Leo
Top Percent Rattata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Generic Trainer rp

Post by NGamerS on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:54 am

I don't get this but in I come! (both mine and my chara's reactions right now)
the team is Seviper and Mareep.
NGamerS
Splashing Hoppip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:04 pm

I am not sure what is doing on, but I want to join. Here is a thing I made for another RP.

Character Sheet:

Name: Kind O. Flame
Appearance: Average-Short Build, Brown Hair, White Dress Shirt tucked into Black Khakis, Black Fedora.
Goal: Publish Papers in Pokemon Researchers Monthly
Personality/Disposition: Curious to the point of Obsessive, so Analytical that Actions are always Cautious, Smart by all definitions except ‘street smart’, very Dyssemic, Fiercely Loyal, Displays Fraction of Emotion Felt, Strong Moral Code that will almost Never be Compromised
Affiliations: Professor Elm – Boss
Mental Alignment: Lawful Good
Bio: Knowing that he wanted to go into academia from a young age, Kind spent his childhood studying many scientific and mathematical fields. After 2 years in college, when he was forced to declare a major, he decided to specialize in Pokemon. After graduation, he got an internship and then a job with Professor Elm. His current assignment is to collect Pokemon for study and make observations on Pokemon behavior and powers.
Equipment: Tent, Sleeping Bag, Steel and Flint, Large Pocket Knife/ Multi-tool, Binoculars, Human and Pokemon Food, Water, Cooking Utensils, Towel, Several Issues of Pokemon Researchers Monthly, Pokedex, Pokeballs, Notebook, Pens (never pencils)
Other Info: Has difficulty forming bonds with people and Pokemon because of his inability to display emotions and lack of knowledge on how to react to the emotions of others.

Team

Name: Shootaf
Pokémon Species: Quilava
Moves: Double Team, Protect, Flame Wheel, Rock Smash
Ability: Blaze
Personality/Nature: Modest
Backstory: In order to become Professor Elm's intern, it was required that Kind registered as a Pokemon trainer so that he had a way to defend himself while in the field. As with any other trainer, Kind had the 3 starters to pick from. He chose the Cindaquil because the other two were more active and loud. Their relationship started off rocky, with each seeming cold toward the other. However, after a year they were inseparable. Now Sootaf, who became a Quilava about a month ago, is one of the few individuals Kind is able to show his emotions around.

Name: Chol
Pokémon Species: Larvitar
Moves: Bite, Leer, Ancient Power, Sandstorm
Ability: Sand Veil
Personality/Nature: Brave
Backstory: Professor Elm gave an egg to Kind that contained a Pokemon that had been specially breed in order to have the potential of becoming a top-tier fighter. Kind realized immediately that this egg was as extraordinary opportunity and a crucial challenge; his career will be greatly affected by how this Pokemon is raised. Chol hatched about 3 months ago. He is affectionate, energetic and impulsive, which are the personality traits that Kind has the greatest trouble with.

Last edited by Kindoflame on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kindoflame
Top Percent Rattata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:32 am

Kindoflame wrote:

Team

Name: Sootaf

Name: Chol

Is it just me or do you speak Hebrew?
NGamerS
Splashing Hoppip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:56 am

I have not yet learned how to speak Hebrew. The key word in that sentence is 'yet'. I figured naming my Pokemon after Hebrew words would be a clever way to help me build vocabulary. It gets kind of difficult because there are sounds that exist in Hebrew that do not in English and vise versa. Plus the whole situation with vowels is simply confusing. I have fun imaging getting to the finals in a tournament and then listening to Silver August try to pronounce 'Alooka' or 'PiladaEver'.

Do you speak Hebrew? If not, how did you realize what language the names were in? I tried putting these names and a few others in Google Translate and it gave out the most random stuff: "No Google, I did not name my giant, praying-mantis ninja 'Carrot', nor did decide that 'Borox' would be a good name for a 485 pound, singing Plesiosauria."
Kindoflame
Top Percent Rattata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS on Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:58 pm

I am a native Hebrew speaker and would be delighted to help you with whatever it is you wish to know. PM me if you feel like it Smile btw Shootaf may be a better spelling than Sootaf if you ment to say partner.
NGamerS
Splashing Hoppip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:19 am

I will be sure to head to Goldenrod City and make that change right away.
Kindoflame
Top Percent Rattata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:29 am

Is something going on here, or is this going to die? I really hope this does not die. Sad
Kindoflame
Top Percent Rattata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:48 pm

I think we just like, post as our characters? We may as well untill Acro Leo comes in to say no. Although that style of roleplay may be easier using an rp chat like MSPARP. So, Kindoflame, wanna set the scene?
NGamerS
Splashing Hoppip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:42 pm

...The only sound filling the night's crisp air is a choir of Noctowl; their young Hoothoot hanging on every note. Not far away a Kangaskhan decides have Pecha berries for dinner because her child enjoys the sharp taste of the acidic fruit. A tree at the clearing's edge curls its roots around the nest of two Sandslash, each diligently humming ancient melodies to their unhatch child. A crackling fire is the sole source of light in the forest's clearing, for the Moon and stars had decided to rest behind a blanket of downy clouds.

...Two tents that had been build less than an hour earlier stood several yards apart, with nothing but fragrant grass and a pair of traveling companions between them. The companions sat in silence, each focusing on their own tasks. Having finished his assigned work, one turns to the other and says...
Kindoflame
Top Percent Rattata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:10 am

Kindoflame wrote:...The only sound filling the night's crisp air is a choir of Noctowl; their young Hoothoot hanging on every note. Not far away a Kangaskhan decides have Pecha berries for dinner because her child enjoys the sharp taste of the acidic fruit. A tree at the clearing's edge curls its roots around the nest of two Sandslash, each diligently humming ancient melodies to their unhatch child. A crackling fire is the sole source of light in the forest's clearing, for the Moon and stars had decided to rest behind a blanket of downy clouds.

...Two tents that had been build less than an hour earlier stood several yards apart, with nothing but fragrant grass and a pair of traveling companions between them. The companions sat in silence, each focusing on their own tasks. Having finished his assigned work, one turns to the other and says...
(Beautiful description. Sooo... Are we the two companions? I'm gonna go with that)
"So what are your plans for tomorrow? I'm kinda adventuring blindly so far." He couldn't help but chuckle at his own remark. This night truly was stunning, and definitely worth the hardships of the day before.
Nory was petting his Mareep, the Wool Pokemon being his usual substitute for making a fire. His Seviper was... Somewhere? He didn't much worry about her, Lil' Sev always comes back. It should also be noted that Nory is the kind of person who would name his Seviper "Lil' Sev".

Being captivated by the night sky, he wasn't truly expecting an answer from his older companion, but it was certainly sure to come.
NGamerS
Splashing Hoppip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:04 pm

"~PokeSpeak is formated like this~" and internal monologues are italicized. This ended up being a lot longer than I had thought it would be. Maybe I should set a limit on my word count before starting a post.

EDIT: Someone added a bunch of links to my post that appear to go to almost entirely unrelated sites. Does anyone know what that's about? My best guess is that some advertisement company pays the Silver League for the right to add these links, and the Silver League uses this money to keep the server running.

Spoiler:

....After a long pause, Kind says, "I caught a Pidgey today and I would like to catch a Ratatta before leaving this area. At most, we are 2 days travel until we get to the next city, so I would prefer to catch one tomorrow." It was obvious that Kind had decided on each individual word deliberately. "On a different note, I have the M.R.E. hydrated."

...."What?" Nory said in confusion.

...."Our dinner is ready. Assuming that you have finished preparing the Pokemon's food, I think that we should give it to them now. Shared activities like eating a meal together helps any team's moral."

...."Uh, sure." Isn't that what we do every night? Nory asked himself. Man, is this guy weird. Nory set one bowl down next to himself because he wanted to continue petting his Mareep. The other 3 bowls are put in a nice grassy spot about 4' away from the fire.

....Kind pulled two Pokeballs off of his belt and aimed them at the food. "Come one out Shootaf and Chol. It is time for us to eat." The Quilava and Lavitar took a quick look around and then started eating. Shootaf eats his meal slowly, so as to savor the crushed berries. Then he lays down by the fire, letting the flames just barely lick his fur until he felt like he had been wrapped in a blanket.

....Chol on the other hand had apparently decided that he wanted to practice being a Tyranitar. In only 2 minutes he successfully inhales three quarters of his food. Chol had the last bit smeared across his face. Kind immediently gets up and fills Chol's bowl. Afterwards, he put a serving of Eggplant Parmesan on his plate and started enjoying his 15 month old delicacy.

....Chol eats slower this time, finishing after 5 minutes. Without any hesitation he runs over and attaches himself to his trainer's right leg. "~I love you Master!~" Chol suddenly exclaims as he began nuzzling his messy face on Kind's favorite pair of pants. "~I love food and I love you. Food and you, you and food. But not you as food! That's just silly! Master's food is the best food! Best in the world! I love Master's food, Master, and food. But not your food! People food is only for people. People like Master. I love Master!~"

....Kind takes a deep breath and forces his muscles to relax. "Hey there Chol. It is nice to see you," Kind says as he starts to scratch the back of Chol's neck. "Could you, err... give me a minute to eat?" Kind starts gently pushing on Chol, but is not nearly strong enough to break the bear hug that is slightly cutting off his foot's circulation. "If you give me a minute, then we can play after I eat."

...."~I love Master!~"

....Kind surrenders and ignores Chol while eating. Why do we have to do this every meal?
Kindoflame
Top Percent Rattata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Today at 12:18 am

Nory was eating in relative silence when a thought creeped into his mind. "Where's the Pidgey? You said you caught it and you definatly don't have six Pokemon on you, so what gives?" Kind said nothing and continued to eat. Wow this guy is hard to read. I don't know whether he's taking this long to answer out of social awkwardness or because he's hiding something. Abruptly stopping the thought that his eggplant was a bird, was Lil' Sev, with the look that says that Kind has one less Rattata to catch tomorrow. Atleast Mareep wasn't being creepy. "~I wanna fight that Quilava~" "~Huh?~" "~Nothing that bothers you. Yet...~"
NGamerS
Splashing Hoppip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Today at 2:29 pm

"Where's the Pidgey? You said you caught it and you definatly don't have six Pokemon on you, so what gives?"

After Chol helped me catch that Pidgey today, I treated her wounds wounds with a Potion. I can comfortably pick her up with one hand; I can comfortably pick a baby up with 2 hands. Therefor, I will make the rough estimate that she weights about half as much as a baby. Using my Pokedex, I found that female Pidgey have an average weight of 1.8 kg with a standard divination of 0.95 kg. I remembered that the issue of Nature that I am carrying with me includes the article Effect of Expose to Small-Water Type Pokemon on Birth Weight. Using that article as a reference, I learned that the average weight of a female human at 2 months old is 4.9 kg with a standard deviation of 0.6 kg. .1.8 kg * 2 = 3.6 kg.. This puts this Pidgey well into the 90th percentile. Therefore, she must have a significant fat reserve to last for several weeks. Taking into account a Pokeballs ability to slow the Pokemon's metabolism, albeit at a difficult to predict rate, and the tendency of wild organisms to space meals apart by days by increased meal size, this Pidgey should not be in need of food until sunrise. It is unlikely that she has already spent an abnormally large amount of days without food because her battling abilities did not appear to be compromised in any way.

"I do not think she is hungry," Kind said after half a minute.

"You sure? That little fella may have not had a decent meal for days."

"Yes."

Spoiler:
I thought that Lil' Sev was a Snivy for some reason, so when I first read your post I was sort of freaking out. 'What kind of cute, little starter Pokemon kills and eats a Pidgey! Who am I traveling with!?'
Kindoflame
Top Percent Rattata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Today at 3:06 pm

Kindoflame wrote:
After Chol helped me catch that Pidgey today, I treated her wounds wounds with a Potion. I can comfortably pick her up with one hand; I can comfortably pick a baby up with 2 hands. Therefor, I will make the rough estimate that she weights about half as much as a baby. Using my Pokedex, I found that female Pidgey have an average weight of 1.8 kg with a standard divination of 0.95 kg. I remembered that the issue of Nature that I am carrying with me includes the article Effect of Expose to Small-Water Type Pokemon on Birth Weight. Using that article as a reference, I learned that the average weight of a female human at 2 months old is 4.9 kg with a standard deviation of 0.6 kg. .1.8 kg * 2 = 3.6 kg.. This puts this Pidgey well into the 90th percentile. Therefore, she must have a significant fat reserve to last for several weeks. Taking into account a Pokeballs ability to slow the Pokemon's metabolism, albeit at a difficult to predict rate, and the tendency of wild organisms to space meals apart by days by increased meal size, this Pidgey should not be in need of food until sunrise. It is unlikely that she has already spent an abnormally large amount of days without food because her battling abilities did not appear to be compromised in any way.
(THIS. WOW.)

Nory supposed Kind would know more about the proper feeding habits of pokemon than himself. He honestly doubted his own actions when taking care of his pokemon, being more used to Mareep's previous life as a farm pokemon, he couldn't be certain she wasn't gaining weight due to neglagant feeding, especially with that thick coat of wool. Sev was easier to take care of, that is to say, he really didn't. Nory's Seviper was certainly loyal but it hasn't really grown out of being a wild pokemon. If being honest, the snake pokemon's self-sufficence was welcome so long as she wasn't scampering off during important times. I should probably get her back in the ball soon. It can be a pain to find her in the mornings.
"Good night Kind." Nory said as he sent his pokemon back to their Pokeballs and neatly laid his utensils by the rest of the supplies.
He went into his tent and removed his vest, boots and gloves. The way in which he slept was rather odd, choosing to get into his sleeping bag alongside his Pokeballs and discarded clothing, save for the boots that were probably even a bit too dirty to put in the tent. Furthermore he closed the bag completly, leaving very little room for air to flow, but enough to not feel too suffocated. Had anyone questioned his behaviour, although not a soul in the vicinity would, he would shrug off the oddness as "Habit." In truth, it gave Nory a sense of security, to know he is unexposed and well prepared, from and for what, respectively, is unknown and irrelevant. However no such explanation was required as Kind would not bother asking such things and probably doesn't watch Nory sleep.
NGamerS
Splashing Hoppip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top