Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generic Trainer rp

5 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Generic Trainer rp - Page 5 Empty Re: Generic Trainer rp

Post by NGamerS Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:28 am

"I would just like to point out this is usually WAY harder." Nory said.
He looked over at Ibon, trying to gauge how he was feeling.
Ibon was looking at the ball, speechless and amazed.
A low coughing alerted their attention to a trainer that was standing nearby.
"Sorry to kill your suspence but... Aw heck, I can't do that to a little kid, open 'er up!"
Ibon obliged, to find an [Rolling 4096 sided die: 953, normal colored] Abra, a rather small one. lbon stared at it, overjoyed.
"That ones really really really strong! Right!? RIght?!"
Nory and the trainer exchanged uneasy glances. During one of those glances Nory noticed a small pin on the trainer's collar. It featured an Ultra Ball with the letters ATA on it in shiny silver.
"Well, this Pokemon is very powerful. But not quite yet. It needs a lot of careful training... It may not be fit for a new trainer." Ibon's expression slowly went from ecstasy to a more noneplussed reaction.
"Now, now. YOU have a little trick up you sleeve with this Abra!" The trainer said as he crouched down to look at Ibon more closely.
"See this pin? It means I am an Ace trainer. And Ace trainers can make some really good Pokemon. This Abra will grow up stronger than most Abra, and with a move that most other Abra won't have. Knock Off."
"Knock off what?"
"No, that is the move's name, Knock Off. Other than that, all Abra can really do is Teleport, which is useful in its own right!"
Nory puzzled over the Ace's description a while.
"Wait, if it's your Pokemon, how did we catch it?"
"I released it." The trainer said, with a mostly bored expression. "Timid, but bad Special Defence."
Ibon had stopped listening to either of them talk once his Abra was out of his Ball. They both ran around the Center playing, like the two hyperactive kids they were. Nory questioned the Abra's supposed timidity. So long as Ibon is happy
A voice, muffled by the microphone used to deliver it, called out: "Nory Kermes, your Pokemon are ready."
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Apex Leo wrote:...Well this will be anticlimactic 

Somehow, he was wrong in my opinion, but also very right.
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Kind was already standing at the counter reading a book by the time Nory walked over. “Uh, hey Kind. So, umm, something happened.”

“Kind! Kind! Look!” Ibon ran up to Kind awkwardly carrying his Abra by the armpits.

“Ibon. You should not touch other people’s Pokemon without their permission. Take that Abra back to their trainer.”

“I am his trainer.”

“…What?”

“Nory gave me a Pokéball, and I caught him, and now he’s all mine,” Ibon said as he snuggled up close to his new friend.

“…Nory?”

“I gave him a Pokéball and told him that I would help him register it as his starter, but,” Nory shot a glance at Ibon before finishing his sentence barely above a whisper. “I didn’t think he would actually catch something.”

Kind stood in silence for a good minute, staring off into empty space. “Ibon.”

“Yeah.”

“What is your favorite food?”

Without hesitation Ibon shouted, “Ice cream!”

“Would you like to eat ice cream right now?”

“Yeah!”

Kind turned to Nory with the most intense look Nory had ever seen. “I will call Sargs tell him that Ibon wanted to get something to eat, so we decided to have some lunch. You will take Ibon and get lunch without me. This way I will give me some time to prepare.”

“Prepare for what?”

Kind continued giving instructions as if Nory had not said anything. “After lunch, come back here and help Ibon register for a Pokémon Trainer’s license.”

“O- Okay.” Before he had the chance to say anything else, Kind walked toward the computers.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:36 am

Kind haphazardly throw 3 Pokeballs into the air and proclaimed, “Everyone, out.” He did not even stop walking toward the computers as his Pokemon materialized, nor did he look at them when giving instructions. Without turning around, he started giving out instructions. “Shootaf, there is an open can of Pokemon food in my bag. Divide what is left in there among everyone.” Kind dropped his backpack on the floor and took out a round, orange bottle. He left his bag in on the floor as he opened the bottle with a click.

“/I love Master!\” Chol yelled as he tackled Kind’s leg. While trying to regain his balance, Kind spilled some of the contents of the bottle onto the floor. “/Candy!\” Chol immediately dove onto one of the small red and white balls.

Kind moved to quickly take the pill from Chol, but he was a moment too late. Chol had put the pill in his mouth. Kind did the only thing he thought he could do. The put his thumb and forefinger on opposite sides off Chol’s neck and squeezed. The effect was almost instantaneous. Chol began sputtering and desperately trying to pry Kind’s hand away. Kind only responded by applying more pressure.

The pain forced Chol to open wider until Kind could see clearly inside. He shoved his hand in and snatched the pill off of Chol’s tounge as soon as he had sight of it. Without removing his hand, Kind yelled, “Do not ever do that again! Never! Do you understand me?!” Chol could not even comprehend Kind’s word as his vision slowly turned white.

Kind had been choking Chol for a full minute before he finally let go in order to walk over and sit at a computer. Kind opened a browser and began doing his research, completely ignoring the child’s attempts to cry through his coughing.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:56 am

Nory went to pick up his Pokemon and called Ibon to follow him, with an added recommendation to let his new Abra walk next to them.
He half registered Kind's voice and the sound of Pokeballs opening as he left the building and let his own Pokemon out.
"So, Ibon, have you thought of a name for your Abra yet?"
"Ummm... Didn't you and the other man say something about 'Mega' earlier? That's a cool name!"
"You mean Mega Evolution? Or Mega Morphing I suppose, Kind calls it that. He's really passionate about it actually! More than most things anyway. Once he went on about how 'The scientific community needs to use the proper terminology when discussing Pokemon or all discussions may as well be null and void'."
"They need to do what?" Ibon looked at Nory with a puzzled expression.
"Uh, nevermind that, Mega Evolution is a long way down the road but Abra will be able to do it when the time comes. I fantasize about getting a Mega Ring someday myself." He looked at Amp who smiled at him with fire in her eyes.
"Well then, your name is Mega now!"
The Abra raised his hands in celebration of his naming. I think. Maybe.

Nory, Amp, Buckets, Ibon and Mega sat around a table outside a nearby ice cream parlor. Nory was tapping his foot and staring blankly at the horizon. The feeling of cold, sticky, mango flavoured liquid dripping on his hand snapped him of his day-dreaming.
Ibon was licking his chocolate flavoured treat with reckless abandon, letting much of it wind up on his face, while trying to keep Mega from eating it, since Nory warned him it may not be the best idea.
"~Look Amp, I really don't think you're visualizing a gillion Pyroars. I fin, look at the horizon. How many Pyroars do you fink are fit in there?~"
Amp paused as she scanned her own field of vision.
"~A few... Thousand?~"
"~Exactly! Even if they can only Struggle a billion Pyroar can beat one of every other Pokemon.~"
"~Now wait a minute, one of every Pokemon includes the Legendaries, and stories say that those can turn back time, and move continents! THEY'D beat a billion Pyroar!~"
"~Maybe, but you never hear about them, what if it's all lies? ARE there even Legendary Pokemon?~"
Amp looked directly at Buckets and said with a judgemental tone, "~Yes, we've been enlisted to help one.~"
"~Oh yeahhhh... I feel like we should flow do that soon.~"
Nory rose from his seat, wiped himself off with some napkins and water from a public drinking fountain. He only stopped to be amazed that he found a working one for a second before giving Ibon a hefty stack of napkins.
"You can eat your ice cream while we walk. I need to go see Kind."
"Why? Did something happen?"
Ibon was quite distressed at Nory's change in behaviour.
"...No. Yes. I don't know. Kind's been acting. Weird lately. I need to talk to him."
Ibon gave a small nod and began following.

Nory began searching with his eyes for Kind as soon as he stepped into the Pokemon center. His gaze landed on a Quilava seemingly comforting a crying Larvitar.
"Shootaf?"
The Quilava turned to Nory and stepped back when he knelt down to look at what was presumably Chol.
Chol's eyes were red and puffy and he was rubbing uncomfortably at his neck. Nory touched it lightly and Chol flinched at his touch.
"~Chol? Are you okay??~" Amp rushed to them.
All Chol could do in response was sob uncontrollably.
Amp looked to Shootaf for explanation and he merely averted his gaze uneasily and put his paws around the Larvitar's body.
Amp wordlessly looked at Charev.
"~King Master had to stop Chol from making a mistake. He was... Forceful about it.~"
Nory rose and went closer to Kind, that was sitting at a computer muttering to himself.
"What happend?"
Kind's eyes were lidded as he half-turned to Nory
"Chol tried to eat one of my pills."
"...Pills?"
Kind's eyes shot open and he turned fully toward Nory.
"Y-You see, I-" Kind couldn't stammer what he had to say before Nory began his verbal assault.
"I don't SEE! I don't see anything!! What's happened to you?! You panicked in a way I've NEVER seen before when we mentioned your relatives, yet you forgot to give them any sort of signal that you were planning to come, you told me to fight someone because he insulted you in the most SOCIOPATHIC way, you freaked me out something FIERCE before you sent me off with Ibon-" Nory stopped to breath for a second "And now what?! What has got you SO on edge that you need- What even were those?!"
Kind paused.
"Th-They were-"
"No! You know what, no! I'm- I need to calm down. Take care of your cousin, I'm out!"
Nory put Amp and Buckets into their Pokeballs and left the building.

Nory stood infront of a man made pond, further from the park. Quite a bit further in fact. The sky had some time before it would begin changing color but the sun was in descent none the less.
The pond was made for trainers to fish and fight wild Pokemon at. It was mostly full of Magikarp that Nory busied himself and his partners fighting.
"~Buckets?~"
"~Hmm?~"
"~I usually like training, but... This doesn't feel right.~"
"~None of it does. Not to me. I don't know Nory as much as you do, is he usually so..?~"
Amp nodded to signify he isn't. Not often.
"Amp!"
Nory called his Flaffy to come to him.
"Have you been making your Thunderbolts... Stronger than usual?"
Amp opened her mouth to speak but didn't manage more than an 'Um'.
"You're practicing Discharge. Aren't you?"
She looked away in embarrassment. She has been trying to practice it in private so Nory won't be upset at her.
Nory smiled at her.
"That's great! Let's try with one Charge first. The faster we can control it the better!"
Amp was shocked at his change of heart, but she didn't dwell on it as the feeling was replaced with happiness and determination.
"Okay Amp, Charge... DISCHARGE!"
Amp knew the feeling of using the move quite well, even if she only used it in earnest twice. The first time was a rush of enegy, more than she could handle. The second was the same but it didn't feel like a rush. It was draining to use it. After her first use of the move she began practicing to control the electric charge in her body. Now that she used it without Charging first she had an even better idea of how it functioned, and with that she could use the one Charge she was given to its fullest.
She unleashed a frightening Discharge, fainting more than several Magikarp and causing some steam to rise from the water.
"~Buoy, I'm glad I'm immune to that. And aren't you ecstatic! What a shocking turn of events!~"
Amp was tired, but she managed to stand, shakily.
"~I really am!~" She said between huffs.
Nory looked at the impact her move made on the surronding wildlife then evaluated Amp's condition.
"Keep it up Amp! You'll need more training! More than ever!! You know why?"
Amp tilted her head at the question.
"We're going to the GYM tommorow! And neither rain nor fire'll stop us, right?!"
"~RIGHT!~"
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:09 am

Kind, Shootaf, and Ibon were walking down the street, with Mega teleporting next to them every 30 meters or so. After a little while, they reached Ibon's apartment building. "Mega, this is my house. You'll live here with me for now on."

"< Whoa. Your family must be huge if they have such a huge home.>"

"< No Mega, >" Shootaf said with a chuckle. "< Ibon's family is one of many who live in this building. Make sure you stay close to me once we enter. Humans have the weirdest habits.>" When they were all in the elevator, Ibon excitedly jumped up to press the right button. The ride made Mega rather nervous. He teleported away as soon as it came to a stop.

"Mega? Where'd you go?" Without saying anything, Kind walked to the apartment's door and opened it. Inside Sargs was beating a newspaper against his hand trying to scare the invading Pokemon away. "Papa, wait!" Ibon barralled past Kind and throws himself around Mega. "This is Mega. He's my new best friend. He's mine." Ibon dug through his pants and pulled out Mega's Pokeball.

"Ibon, we've been over this," Sargs said with a sigh. "You cannot get a Pokemon before you get your Trainer's License."

"But I got one! I got one, I got one, I got one." Ibon was snuggling up with the Abra really cutely.

Kind quickly handed Sargs a form. "I have already enscribed all the information required in order to apply for a Trainer's License. The only necessary component I could not provide is the signature of a consenting legal guardian." Sargs's eyes darted all over the paper in front of him, his face growing paler by the second. "Ibon, may I be so bold as to suggest you retreat to the room designated for your recreational activities."

"Huh? I think I'll just go show Mega the fire truck I got for my birthday instead." Ibon ran toward his room and Mega teleported after, which made Sargs jump back from freight.

"Shootaf, you should go with them." The Quilava nodded in acknowledgment and walked down the same hallway Ibon flead down. He spead up a little when he noticed Sargs glaring at him. Once the Pokemon left the room, Sargs turned the icy gaze toward Kind, who was not nearly as intimidated as his Pokemon was.

Sargs spoke through gritted teeth. "How could you let one of those things into my house?"

"What entity are you referring?" Kind innocently asked.

"That, that, that... creature that is with my son right now, doing G-d know what to him!"

"If you are referring to Mega the Abra, I would hypothesis that they are currently acting out imaginary scenarios with the assistance of their toys. That is what most friends Ibon's age would do."

"That monster is not Ibon's friend. I will not allow it!"

Spoiler:
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Roje put a moderately sized ceramic mug on a coster laying on the dining table.
"Kind, why don't you help yourself to some tea? Sargs. Can we please speak privately?"
Sargs left to a different room with his wife without taking a second glance at Kind.
Kind decided to grab one of the napkins next to the mug and tuck it into his collar.
He drank his tea trying to listen to his relatives' conversation, but couldn't quite make it all out.
Kind's hands shook a little as he put the mug to his lips. The napkin was just as handy as he had predicted.

"We have no way to know what that creature could be doing to our poor child's mind right now!"
"Don't raise your voice."
"I-! I'm just saying, he could be in danger."
"Sargy," Roje put a hand on Sargs arm and squeezed it lightly, "we had the exact same conversation-"
"It was not the same!"
"The EXACT, SAME conversation with my sister when Kind declared his college major. And he's the same as he always was."
"Yes, but Kind was an adult when he made that decision. Ibon is a child, and who even knows what that monster can DO?!"
"Kind." Roje answered deliberately.
"...What?"
"Kind. He studies the things for a living, so how about instead of another shouting match, you try to actaully talk with him. For me?"
Sargs sighed heavily.

When Kind heard the sound of a door opening he hurried to clean his mouth with the napkin and toss it in a trash can.
Sargs came in, looking rather displeased. He glanced at Roje, who jabbed her elbow in his side.
Sargs huffed.
"Okay, Kind. You're going to explain every part of this bussiness, nice and clear. What is that thing in Ibon's room, why does he have it, and for the love of G-d, what do I do about it.
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Fri May 11, 2018 10:56 am

[Insert other arguments Sargs has for why Mega should not stay.]

“It doesn’t matter anyway,” Sargs said dismissively. “There is no way we could afford a pet.”

The economic argument; a complex issue dealing with, at minimum, the socio-economic position of the persons in question, the micro- and macro-economy of the area in question, and a cost-benefit analysis as viewed from a pragmatic perspective. The easiest response is to side-step the entire issue by invalidating the most fundamental underpinning of the argument, that having a Pokémon will cost money. However, indirect verbal traps are a powerful opening move due to their ability to attack a position without presenting the opposition with an obvious way to rebuttal, as the attacker can faint ignorance in order to make the opposition appear paranoid.

Kind took a long sip, exhaling softly when he finished. “I apologize for changing the subject, but there is a question that has been on my mind. This tea is quite exquisite. The container claims that it was imported from India. Do you know if that is true?”

“For what we paid it better be,” Sargs said, disgruntled. “Me and Roje aren’t really tea drinkers. Really we just got that for expensive stuff guests.” Kind was silent for a moment, just long enough for what Sargs said to dawn on him.

“To return to the subject at hand,” Kind said as he shook his head and waved a hand. “I volunteer to fully supply all finances associated with your new house guest.” Both Sargs and Roje were flabbergasted, which Kind took as an opportunity to take another sip.

“We- we can’t possibly ask you to do this.” This time it was Roje who objected.

“I receive a stipend from Prof. Elm that increases in proportion to the number of Pokémon I care for. Although this increasing stops at 6, I currently have only 3 Pokémon. One effect of paragraph 14 subsection d of my internship contract, which I suspect is unintended, allows me to increase my stipend for a Pokémon that I am not the trainer of, on condition that the money is used to care for said Pokémon. Providing money to support expenses incurred by Mega has no actual impact on myself.”

Sargs searched desperately for a new excuse, while Kind took several more sips. “I still don’t like letting things like that into our home.”

All of Sargs’s arguments based on Logos and Ethos have been disabled. Only Pathos remains. “Aunt Roje, can you please go to Ibon’s room and record how many times Mega can teleport in a minute. This is important.”

“Sure.” Roje stood up and walked down the hallway, glancing back before turning the corner. I hope Kind will be alright alone with Sargs. Sargsy can certainly be forceful at times.

Sargs spoke while still looking down the hall. “Why do you need to know something like that?”

“I do not. I assigned Aunt Roje that errand in order to provide me with a minute to talk to you without her present.” Sargs furrowed his brow, but Kind started monologuing before he could get a single word out.

“When you were 17, 2 friends and you made sport out of attacking Pokémon. On March 17th, you assaulted a Lillipup. One of you stomped on its abdomen, causing 2 greenstick fractures and 1 compression fracture, each on a different rib. In retaliation a Stoughtland broke through a wooden fence blocked the path to the local park. The fence blocked your view so you were not away of the Stoughtland’s presence before you began your assault. The Stoughtland proceeded to use Crunch on your left arm, causing a comminuted fracture to your radius, a segmental fracture to your ulna, severing your brachioradialis, and several other injuries minor in comparison. The probability of you now playing major league baseball, a goal you had been working toward for the majority of your life, was now 0. You blamed this on the Stoughtland. This started a trend of you blaming Pokémon for negative events in your life.

“The truth is that the Stoughtland is not to be blamed for ruining your chances at playing major league baseball. You know this already. Although your AVG was 0.201, those who did hit off of your pitches had a 19% increased probability of achieving a homerun. To make matters worse, you had an inability to judge distances peripherally. 73% of the times you attempted to get a leading player out failed and 48% of the steals attempted were successful. Your coach and teammates gave you praise and encouraged you to pursue a career in baseball, because they did not perform rigorous statistical analysis. The truth is that the Stoughtland cannot be blamed for ruining your chances at playing major league baseball, because you were never even good enough to play in the minor leagues. You know this already. The Stoughtland simply offered you a convent excuse that did not require you to admit to yourself the truth.”

Kind was silent for exactly 10 seconds, just long enough for Sargs to process what he had said. “The only conditions under which I will not repeat all of this information to my aunt is if you promise to begin attending therapy to help you process the psychological issues that currently manifest themselves through your hatred of Pokémon. This is independent of the decision Aunt Roje and you reach on Mega, although I am more than confident that any practicing therapist will tell you that accepting a Pokémon into your family is a major step toward your recovery.”

After a moment Roje can back into the now silent room, trailing Ibon behind her. Mega teleported in shortly after, startling Roje. “Kind, I could use some help.”

“Actually, I was just leaving.” Kind stood up and walked to the kitchen with his empty cup. “Thank you very much for having me. In case you were wondering, most the information I told you about I found from various scientific journals. Some of what I said near the end I inferred from newspapers and public school records. I can send any of it to you if you would like to review it.”

Sargs quickly interjected, “No. No. I think you have given me- us, enough to think about.”

“Then I will be on my way.” Kind left the apartment without looking back.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Artic Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:18 pm

hey um, I'm new the forums but it would be cool to role play can I join.
Artic
Artic
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:45 pm

Artic wrote:hey um, I'm new the forums but it would be cool to role play can I join.
Spoiler:
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Artic Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:22 pm

K
Artic
Artic
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Artic wrote:K
Spoiler:
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Nory sat, hunched by the wall of the Pokemon center. He didn't want to see Kind. Not yet.
I can't very well go to his relatives, and he may come look for me at the Pokemon center.
Nory went into the center, looking around for any sign of Kind. He approached the front desk and sorted through some leaflets to find a small traveler's guide. In it, he was able to find a place to stay for the night.
"1,100Generic Trainer rp - Page 5 OU2dc please. Have a nice stay!"
Nory was sweating bullets. The weather was hot, sure, but he was sweating more then the proper amout. He went into his room, made sure the window was open, but not enough for bugs to come through, and went to sleep with Amp in his arms.

Nory was awoken by Daylight coming in through the window. Daylight, he decided, was the name of this Yanma that just opened the window, came in and began buzzing around with reckless abandon.
"Hey! Yo! Mornin'! Mind if I stay here? It has been the CRAZIEST day you would not-" The Yanma's buzzing was cut off by Nory slamming the door behind him, having put Amp in her ball before she could wreak havoc on the room.
Nory was determinatly eating an oran berry. We're here.
Nory and Amp stood before the entrance to the Arihana Gym, with Buckets in tow.

Nory entered the building. Infront of him was a large round pool, built like an arena ring, and standing by it was a man in a wetsuit. "Umm... Hello?"
"Oh! A challenger I assume?"
"uh-Yes! And you are, the Gym Leader?"
"Correct! I just opened actually, I was going to warm up at the pool, but I can't say no to a trainer that went to all the trouble to make it here so early." He looked at Nory's Pokemon for a little while. "~I AM GOING TO WIN. SO. HARD.~" "~...Go Amp.~"
"First timer?"
"I don't have any badges. If that's what you're asking."
"Alright than!" The Gym Leader went to a small cabinet by the wall and pulled out two Pokeballs.
"Name's Glib Mito! Arihana's Gym Leader, expert synchronized swimmer and Water-Type enthusiast! Let's go!"
Generic Trainer rp - Page 5 Gym110
"Go Panpour!"
Nory looked at his Pokemon intently. "Like we practiced."
Amp nodded.

Spoiler:
[Panpour's speed gives them the first turn]
[Flaffy's hp: 70 Panpour's hp: 50]
"Alright Ella! Use Surf"
"Bul- I mean, NO! What?! Counter with Thunder Shock!"
[Surf's power is 90. 90/20 rounded up is 5. Panpour Sp Atk is 53. Flaffy's Sp Def is 60. The Damage is:
(5d6[21]*5.3)-(2d6[7]*6)=69.3 i.e 69 rounded.]
Panpour jumped toward the pool, and as he was about to land water rose from it, creating a huge wave rushing toward Amp. The ball at the edge of Amp's tail began to shine as she spun her body and jumped back.
[Flaffy's hp: 70 Panpour's hp: 50]
"What the-"
Nory smirked. Panpur was now standing at the other end of the pool. On top of a wet strip of scales.
"Now!"
[Thunder Shock's power is 40. 40/20 is 2. Flaffy's Sp Atk is 80. Panpur's Sp Def is 48.
(2d6[10]*8)-(2d6[12]*4.8)=22.4, 75% power for countering is 16.8, times two for Super Effectiveness is 33.6 rounded is 34.]
Amp let out a blast of electricity toward her opponent, hitting the monkey and knocking them into the pool's water.
"Shake it off Ella!"
A tense second passed before Nory realized the opposing trainer hadn't given an order. "Charge!"
"Kh-Surf!"
[Amp's Sp Def is now 60*1.5=90
(5d6[17]*5.3)-(2d6[9]*9)=9.1 rounded is 9.]
Both Pokemon are bathed in steam as the wave collides with the electricity around Amp.
When it disperses a little, both trainers and able to see a Flaffy triumphantly looking down at a Panpour.
[Flaffy's hp: 61 Panpour's hp: 50]
"DISCHARGE!!!"
"~YEAAAAHHHH!!!~"
"Block it!"
[Amp's Sp Def is back to normal btw.
Discharge's power is 80. 80/20 is 4.
(4d6[18]*8)-(2d6[7]*4.8*1.8(blocking modifier))=83.52 rounded is 84]
"Panpour, come back!" Glib said to his unconscious companion.
[Flaffy's hp: 61(?) Panpour's hp: 0]
Amp let out a gasp, as if she was holding her breath for a time.
"Are you ready for another round?"
"Of course we are!"
"~yeaaaahhhh...~" Amp coughed.
"Go Marshtomp!"
"~Oh yeah!~" The Mud fish Pokemon exclaimed.
"But. I mean. No. What." Nory said weakly.
Glib that is the dumbest name I have ever heard let out a laugh. "Gotta be prepared right?"
Spoiler:
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Marshtomp, the Mud Fish Pokemon. The evolved form of Mudkip. Water and Ground Type.
These words rang through Nory's head as he faced down his opponent with a look somewhere between shock and a vast tiredness.
"Amp. Come back!"
Nory threw the Pokeball retrieved from the inside of his vest with a note of desperation.
"MAKE A SPLASH BUCKETS!"
"~Wha- WAIT!~"
Buckets landed in the pool and looked at the imposing, smiling figure infront of him.
"Are you ready Marshtomp?!" Glib called out.
"~OH YEAH!~" replied the enthused Mud Fish, jumping into the pool.
[Round 2]
[Buckets is faster so he goes first!]
"Let's go with Mud Bomb!"
"Counter with Mud Shot Tompson!"
[Calculating Accuracy: Mud Bomb has 85% Mud Shot has 95%
Rolled 41 for Buckets so it hits (not 15 or below)! Rolled 21 for Tompson Mito so ditto.]
Buckets turned his head skyward and began gathering a big ball of mud that was launched toward his opponent as Tompson's cheeks inflated. The Marshtomp let loose a torrent of smalled mud balls directed at the projectile.
[Mud Bomb's power is 65 so 4d6.
(4d6[18]*4.6-2d6[4]*7)=54.8... what. Rounded is 55, and apparently it's neutral.
30% chance to lower accuracy. 1d100[28] so it fails (70 or below).
Mud Shot's power is 55 so 3d6.
(3d6[14]*6-2d6[9]*4.1)=47.1. Times 0.75 for Counter = 35.325 rounded is 35.
100% chance to lower speed by one. Bucket's speed is now 40. Marshtomp's is 50.]
As the mass of mud collides over the pool the lethal earth rained on the swimming foes pelting them even as they swam toward the pool's bottom.
[Buckets' HP: 50-35= 15
Tompson Mito's HP: 70-55= 15 holy shuckle]
"Tompson, use Surf!"
"Oh com- Dodge!!!"
[(5d6[17]*6-2d6[7]*4.1)= 73.3
Hit chance is 1d20[13]*(40/50)=10.4
Tompson Mito's hit: 1d20[3]*5=15. Hit.]
Nory could see what happened only vaguely. Buckets was more well aware of what had happened.
While Barboach do hide in mud, and can spring out of it, that would take a certain level of effort and an amount of time Buckets couldn't afford. Trying to swim away was much more difficult, and ultimately fruitless. Water swirled around the Marshtomp and, to the people looking at their Pokemon fight, it seemed as though the entire contents of the pool shifted outward, yet retained their half-spherical shape.
The water formed a wall infront of Nory, just for a second. And the Marshtomp broke through it. With no sound but a splash and a victorious "~Oh yeah!~".
Buckets fell to the ground by Nory.
"Oh no..."
Nory fell to his knees, and looked down at the water staining the ground below him.
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:51 pm

[Power of 40, 2d6.
(2d6[8]*5.5-2d6[7]*7)= -5.]
"~Hmm?~" The Marshtomp stood, unmoved by the wooly head shoving against him.
"~I'm not giving up! Stand up!!!~"
Nory lifted his head when he heard the cry of a really ticked-off sheep.
Amp picked up the wet and tattered snake skin off the floor and tied it in a shoddy knot around her tail.
"~Now you listen here mister!~" Amp turned to Nory. "~I worked so hard and now you give up?!~"
[(2d6[12]*5.5-2d6[5]*1)= 66. Half for subdue damage.]
Amp slapped her trainer across the face. "~NOT HERE! NOT NOW! NOT! AFTER! SEV!!!~"
Nory remained stunned for a brief moment. Sitting on his knees with a red spot on his cheek he called out: "Buckets come back."
"~thanksamp~"
"~Now you are going to get up. You are going to stare that guy and his fish in the eyes. And we are going to win. We are going to win because we are the best. We are the best because people need us to be the best. Do you understand?~"
Nory stood up.
"AMP! TACKLE!!!"
Glib smirked.
"Block it Tomp!"
[2d6[11]*5.5-2d6[6]*7*1.8(block)=-15.1]
The Marshtomp merely put one hand in front of himself.

"DON'T STOP!!"
[2d6[6]*5.5-2d6[7]*7*1.8(block)=-55.2]
Nothing happened.

"TAKE!"
[2d6[7]*5.5-2d6[10]*7*1.8(block)=-87.5]
But it failed.
"THEM!"
[size=13][2d6[7]*5.5-2d6[6]*7*1.8(block)=-37.1][/size]
[size=13]"DOWN!!!!"[/size]
[size=13]"~OH YEAH!!!~"[/size]
[size=13]"~That's my line!~"[/size]
[size=13][1d100[45]. 5d6[13]*5.5-2d6[9]*7=8.5, 9 rounded.
[/size]
[size=13]25% recoil is 2 rounded.[/size]
[size=13]Amp: 59 Tompson: 6][/size]
[size=13]Thompson Mito was knocked into the pool by the force of Amp's now bruised forhead.[/size]
[size=13]"wOAH!!! DO IT AGAIN AMP!"[/size]
[size=13]"~With pleasure!~"[/size]
[size=13]"Mud Shot!!"[/size]
[size=13][1d100[78] (85% accuracy). 5d6[12]*5.5-2d6[5]*7=31.[/size]
[size=13]25% recoil is 8 rounded.[/size]
[size=13]1d100[38]. 3d6[10]*6-2d6[10]*6=0.][/size]
[size=13]Amp dove through the mud, landing directly on the Mud Fish Pokemon's head where it floated above the water, striking it with great force.[/size]
[size=13]"CONGRATULATIONS! You won!"[/size]
[size=13]"I won? I WON!"[/size]
[size=13]Nory and glib both called back their Pokemon and shook hands.[/size]
[size=13]Glib went and retrieved a few small items from the same cabinet he took his Pokeballs from.
[/size]
[size=13]"Here is the Tower Badge for your victory. Its design comes from a story about our region's rivers all coming from a single ancient tower where great birds would rest. It's all yours! Although I have to say, I never saw a Pokemon treat their trainer so..."[/size]
[size=13]Nory put his hand to his still sore cheek.[/size]
[size=13]"Yeah. It also lets you legally use a very handy little move outside of battle..."
[/size]
[size=13]Glib Mito handed Nory a small case, which he opened to reveal a disk.
[/size]
[size=13]"Surf! You saw how good it is right? Well, it also lets you-"[/size]
[size=13]"Ride your Pokemon around on water! Yeah I know. I also think Buckets may take a while to use it properly."[/size]
[size=13]Glib chuckled.[/size]
[size=13]"That's true. And don't think I forgot the money. Just leave your details and we'll have it in your account in no time."[/size]
[size=13]Nory smiled wide and went through the back door of the Gym.
[/size]
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:08 am

Kind walked into the Pokémon Center as if he did not just destroy the world view of a grown man. In fact, most people would say he looked a bored, maybe even a little depressed. Without giving a thought about anyone else, he went to the room Nurse Joy gave to him earlier that day. He peaking inside to see if he would not be having any roommates this evening. The room was rather nice, if a little small. There was a bunk bed furnished with downy pillows and thin blankets, a dresser under a large window, and a bathroom in the back. None of the beds had been touched and only his backpack was inside. This is great!

Kind quickly went through his backpack and fished out a small bag of toiletries. He barely reached the bathroom door before hesitating. I must be efficient. He placed his toiletries on the sink and returned to his backpack. He put everything he owned onto the bed, making sure each item aligned to a grid without touching each other, with the exception of his cloths. Those were left in his backpack.

Kind left the room in order to carry his backpack to the end of the hall. Opening the door on his left revealed several washing machines, some humming and some silent. Yes! The complimentary detergent was a brand Kind was familiar with, so he was not compelled to read the instructions before doing his laundry. When he got back to the room he made a beeline for the bathroom, this time without any hesitations.

He immediately released Shootaf and started filling the bathtub with hot water. When the bathtub was full of hot water, Shootaf jumped straight in yelling “/Cannonball!\” Kind tumbled over himself in his attempt to escape the Volcano Pokemon’s uncharacteristic eruption, but he was not nearly fast enough. Shootaf, sitting in a significantly less full tub and literally clutching his sides, managed to said in the gaps in his laughter, “/Look at you. Haha. You’re even wetter than me.\

Kind gave Shootaf an angry scowl that had no effects on hysterical Quilava whatsoever. Sighing, Kind stood up and took a bar of  soap from the bag of toiletries. He knelt on the wet floor besides the tub to find that Shootaf was already holding out his right foreleg. Shootaf knew that Kind would want to start by souping that up because that is always how he started the baths; right foreleg, left foreleg, chest, back (paying particular care to the burners), right hind leg, left hind leg, then the whole thing again with water to rinse the soap off, and finally the same thing with a towel once he got out.

After all of that, Shootaf climbed on the edge of the tub in order to get out. “Hey, wait.”

Shootaf looked up in astonishment. Was Kind going to change the routine!

“Do you see that thing near the drain?”

Oh...

“Your already wet, so can you get it for me.”

/Of course, Master.\” Shootaf waded over and started looking around. “/I don’t see anyth- ahh!\” Shootaf was suddenly bombarded with cold water. He leaped out of the tub and landed all the way as the doorway.

Now it was Kind’s turn to laugh until it hurt and Shootaf’s turn to shoot an angry look that did not do anything. “Oh come on. You had to see that coming. Did you really think I would let you get away with that little prank you pulled earlier?” Shootaf begrudgingly walked back into the bathroom, but by the time he was done being dried all had been forgiven.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Kind was sitting at the Pokemon Center's bank of computers looking up information on Scyther anatomy.

Nory entered the Pokemon Center. He managed to find Kind. He hesitated for a second before going to Kind and saying, with all the smugness of a kid that made a minor accomplishment: "Guess who has a badge!"
"The gym leader."
Kind had not looked away from the computer.
Nory's smiley expression soured. With his smile still in place and great annoyance in his voice he responeded.
"It's me. Smart Alek. Are you STILL at the computer?!"
"Clearly."
"Oh, congradulations," Kind added as an after thought.
"...
IT HAS BEEN A DAY KIND!"
"I apoligize. I misunderstood your question. I brought Ibon back home and had a talk with his parents. Then I came here and went to my room. I returned to the computers the next morning. If you do not mind me asking, why did you get up before 7:00?"
Nory was no longer smiling. "You have no way of knowing that. And now you are going to begin explaining EXACTLY how you know that." He quickly added, rolling his eyes.
"I have been at this computer since 7:00 waiting for you. Since you have already been to the Gym, you must have left the Pokemon Center before that."
"I never went to the Pokemon Center. I thought you'd notice. Because we ROOM TOGETHER."
Kind mentally cursed. Have to think fast!
"I thought you wanted to have a room to yourself. We always had to share a room before because the Pokemon Centers outside the city were so much smaller."
Nory stopped to think. "So-I... Do you prefer to be alone?"
Kind visibly tensed up.
"..."
"..." Nory stared at him in silence.
"Can you please restate the question?" Kind was sweating bullets now.
"...Allow me to first preface this with saying that the following question is not, in fact, the restatement. Are you so far detached from the human condition you can't answer the question: 'Do you prefer to be alone?'"
I do have the ability to say the words 'Yes' and 'No'.
"No."
"'No', you're not detached from the human condition or 'No' you don't prefer to be alone."
"No, I am not able to answer the question 'Do you prefer to be alone?'"
Nory was taken aback. He did not actually expect that reaction from Kind. He was often in his own head, but in conversation, Kind was at least... Functioning. I think.
"Kind are you... Are you okay?"
"Yes... No... Define 'okay'. No..." Kind shook his head as if to dislodge the clutter of thoughts in his mind.
"Can I not answer your question?" Kind said, moisture in his eyes.
"Not that last question, the one before that. About being alone."
"Ummm... Sure. But in return... Can I just. Can I just hold you?"
Kind sniffed. "Like a hug?"
"Yes." Nory was already coming further toward him.
Kind stood up slowly, but not reluctantly.
"I think that I would like that."
They embraced. Nory wasn't sure if Kind was crying. But he felt his eyes become a bit wetter against his better judgment. "I have no idea what I'm doing."
"Niether do I."
Kind meant it in a much more literal sense.
Are my arms too high? Should I apply pressure? TOO MUCH PRESSURE! No, wait, I think that was right.
Nory broke away from the hug. "I was ready to come here and just... I was really angry but I don't know what it was about. Like, you were being really weird and... What's happening?"
"What do you mean?"
Nory looked at the floor and began making vague gestures with his hands.
"I mean why did you make me fight that guy, and why was Chol crying, and just all the problems we've been having since we got here." Nory had an idea in mind that he didn't want to articulate.
"That guy was causing me emotional distress. I dropped a pill and Chol went to eat it, so I had to hurt him to make him stop. I cannot answer the third part of your question because I do not understand what you mean."
Nory began walking away. "Come with me to the room please. It's game-plan time."
Kind began following Nory.
They were halfway across the lobby when Nory stopped and blushed a little.
"Uh, Kind. Where is your room?"
Kind walked in front of Nory and lead him to the room.
"Okay!" Nory called out with renewed excitement, and only slightly red eyes. He reached into his bag and retrieved a map of the region where the name 'Tel Hodgimeh' was circled. "We are en route to this little hill area where Legendary Pokemon will recruit us for a mission or some such! I think. Did you have a chance to do some digging on Tel Hodgimeh while I was gone?"
"Yes."
"Its location is vital to hold the region, militarily speaking. A city was built there for this very reason.
When that city was destroyed in a war, a new city was built on the ruins.
This process repeated several times until the mountain as we know it was formed.
The location lost its military importance with the invention of long range vehicles.
As such, no new city has been built there since the last one fell.
Currently, it is known to be the most densly populated habitat of Ghost Pokemon in this or any neighboring region.
Occansinal archeological expeditions are sent, but tend to return with insignificant artifacts."
"So right now there would be very little human traffic in the area. Ghost Pokemon are certainly.. A deterrent for most people. Makes sense for them to hole up there. And hey, once we get there, we are going to have such an EXCITING adventure! Even if they need more confirmation of how well we'll do I could just show them," Nory opened a small metal case he had retrieved from his vest. In it was a small token showing a tower rising out of the water "THIS! You should have seen it Kind, Amp came in in the last minute, it was, in every sense of the word, EPIC!" Nory was much more joyous now.
"It almost always is with Amp. Excitable, enthusiastic, and powerful are an interesting combination."
Amp came out of her ball with a shinning light "~That's right!~" She paused and turned 180 degrees in order to face the trainers. "~That's right!~"

Nory gave Amp a big smile as he guessed what she had said.
He then gave her a scratch under her chin.
Amp leaned forward, enjoying the feeling.
"Let's hit the road!" Nory declared.
"Right!" Kind resounded.
They both left the cramped room with newfound purpose.
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Note of Retcon:
Blamane watched over his partner as they waited for the coming humans on the outskirts of Tel Hodgimeh. She had been quite for some time now, and he had done nothing to attempt to break the silence between them.
Finally, she snapped toward him.
"Can you not stare at me like that?! It's a little creepy."
"Sorry if I feel a bit nervous about you coming into contact with humans again."
Solhund sighed, "I have one 'bad' idea and all of a sudden... You know, I fixed my mistake, they ARE coming."
"And how are you so sure?"
"I had a friend of mine trail them for a short while-"
Solhund was caught off by Blamane, nervously screeching in a way those that are neither psychically-inclined nor made of minerals are quite capable of.
"SOLHUND-!"
"RELAX! You know that friend well, and they are very covert. I bet you didn't even know she was here right now!"
"Hey! 'Hoy! Afternoon! Are you talking about me?" a rambunctious Yanma buzzed at the pair.
Blamane turned and left.
"SHE'S A GOOD BUG BLAMANE!!" Solhund called after her absconding partner.
Solhund sighed. "Well, time to set the tra-Test. Time to set the test. WRAP HER UP!" Solhund called at two Monkey Pokemon in the brush.
The two stood opposite eachother on the road, a Pansage and a Simisage, and began working to tangle the Clear Wing Pokemon in vines that appear to come from the surrounding trees.
"BETRAYED BY MY OWN MEN! HOW COULD THIS BE?!" The Yanma cried.
"But Boss, isn't this part of the plan?" The Pansage questioned.
"Hush, little bro", the Simisage said as he put the smaller monkey on his shoulder, and pushed his black glasses higher on his nose, "Let her have her fun."
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:44 am

As Nory and Kind trekked onward Nory couldn't help but feel like the events that transpired in Arihana were more of a strange dream than reality. He squeezed his badge case under his vest to reassure himself that the city they just left was actually real.
"It was fun meeting your family Kind! Although your uncle looked kind of... Out of it when we left."
"Yes, the business with Ibon..." Kind paused as if to consider "Tuckered him out."
"I'd imagine. Ibon seemed really happy though!"
Kind was about to respond, but a sound from not too far caught his attention. He squinted forward to attempt to identify the source. "Do you hear that?"
"Yeah? It's some kind of buzzing... Probably just a colony of Combee or something." Nory said plainly.
"Perhaps... Wait, there! In the trees." Kind pointed some ways away from them and above to a web of vines that streched between the trees where he identified the source of the buzzing.

Nory was startled by Daylight caught between the vines. Daylight, he recalled, was the name of this Yanma that was entangled above them, and the very same one that rudely woke him up the other day. He could feel it in his bones.
"How peculiar, the way these vines strech across the trees, they were clearly put there by something. Could a pokemon have done this? But then they would probably be more attentive to the area. Poachers perhaps? An uncareful trainer wanting t-"
Nory snapped his fingers near Kind's ear. "Perhaps we should help the poor thing and speculate later.
"Of course." Kind commented, but kept speculating to himself as he let out Charev.
Charev appeared with a bow, "~Yes Master, I-~" "~OH GEEZ I'M STUCK IN THIS TREE HERE!~" "~I said I am-~" "~OH NO DEAR WHO COULD HELP ME!?~" "I'm-" "~OHHHHH NOOOO~"
It was incredible to both humans to see a Scyther become visibly frustraded, but Kind felt as though torturing his poor bug further would be inhumane "Charev, if you could please untangle this Yanma for us." Kind made the request Charev was all too happy to comply with.
Charev flew upwards and held his appendages back, about to strike.
"WAIT!" Charev stopped at the sound of Nory's panicked voice. Both Kind and Charev looked at Nory inquisitively. "The buzzing. It's not just her, it's mostly her, but there's something else. At this point I'd recognize it even past a siren. It's electric buzzing." Nory pointed toward the vines. His comrades took a closer look and it became clear to them: the vines were covering a power line, slightly damage such that small sparks occasionally came from it.
"Hmmm... This is quite strange." Kind looked to Charev "Be very careful then. We do not wish anyone to become electrocuted."
Spoiler:
With painstaking precision and patience, Charev managed to eliminate the vines without touching the metal cord, in spite of the Yanma's constant moving around. "~This one truly is more of a child than Chol...~"

"~Thank you very much for freeing me brave knight bug! You thought I was merely a damsel in distress, but in truth, I was a queen! Er, well I suppose queens can be damsel's in distress, even likely to be, it's mostly princesses anyway? But still! The point is that this was a test!~" "~A test?~"

"What the heck is Daylight buzzing about over there?" Nory mused.
"Daylight?" Kind inquired
"Uhhh long story."

"~This was a test of your trainer's willingness to help and their skill to do so! This test of compassion serves to go along with the previous test of power to weed out all those who would not be capable to assist those who require your help! Or at least that's how it was explained to me, so congratulations!~"
Charev paused.
"~Thank you miss. When you mentioned being queen, was that literal? I was not aware Yanma had such hierarchies.~"
"~Oh no! Silly! I'm not a Yanma queen, I'm queen of this grove! Meet my loyal subjects.~"
A Simisage wearing black sunglasses with a Pansage on his shoulder emerged from within the trees.

"Uhh guys? Little help for the humans here?" Nory felt extremely confused trying to understand the situation. Kind had managed to interpret most of Charev's facial expressions, starting with confusion and irritation, moving to surprise, moving to reverence. Clearly something important was happening.

The bespectacled ape came closer to the humans and gestured upward, pointing. And down to them decsended none other than the Solrock that started their journey to Tel Hodgimeh in the first place.
"...Okay I think I get it now."
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:36 pm

Kind stiffens as soon as he notices the Solrock before forcefully exhaled through his nose. Nory was pretty sure that if they were in an anime steam would have shot out.

“Charev, return.” Kind walked past the remaining Pokémon without sparing them a second glance.

“Hey!” Nory took a couple of steps after Kind, but does spare the Pokémon a second glance. “Wait here a sec.”

/Is the grumpy one okay?\ Daylight asks.

/I cannot think of why he would not.\

When Nory catches up to Kind a he puts and hand on his shoulder and asks, “Hey man, what’s your problem?”

Kind spins around, knocking the comforting hand away. “Do you think what happened in Arihana was an accident?! A coincidence?!”

“Wha-”

“Do you think a random Abra appearing in a random building gets randomly captured by some 10 year old without so much as a struggle just happens?!”

“Well-”

“No! That orange monster made it all happen. It was testing us. It put those children in danger just ‘cause it wanted to.”

“Danger? They’re with your family. What dang-”

Sargs hates Pokémon! If I did not do anything Sargs would have ripped them apart, giving them both sever mental trauma. I had to use all my influence with him, had to burn the most valuable asset I had in this region just to fix the mess that Solrock created for no reason other than to see if I could.” Kind takes a step closer and lowers his voice. “My research here ends in 2 months. There is no way I can build enough social capital in that amount of time to manipulate Sargs into granting me access to his domain in that amount of time. Do you understand?”

“I-”

“No, of course you don’t. Let me make this simple enough for someone like you to understand. I will be luck to see Ibon again before his college graduation. And all because that little floating lump of sandstone decided it wanted... wanted… wanted something!”

Kind and Nory stared at each over for a moment, the former trying to catch their breath and the latter is holding their’s.

Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5