Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so im trying to get in to anime, where do i start?

+8
Zenox-rmp
Karasugaming
Yria/Mara LB
TriShade
XxChr0NicSpeedxX
FutureCreator
Dragon Arbock
golducky
12 posters

Go down

so im trying to get in to anime, where do i start? Empty so im trying to get in to anime, where do i start?

Post by golducky Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:45 am

i like recommendations, short series if possible
golducky
golducky
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

so im trying to get in to anime, where do i start? Empty Re: so im trying to get in to anime, where do i start?

Post by Dragon Arbock Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:52 pm

Well, what are your interests? Action, romance, fantasy.. do you like dragons, pirates, space explorers?
I mean, I'm pretty selective with just about anything that it has to catch my interest.

As far as short.. Fullmetal Alchemist and DN Angel are both kinda shorter (especially when compared to Naruto).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

so im trying to get in to anime, where do i start? Empty Re: so im trying to get in to anime, where do i start?

Post by FutureCreator Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Start with Blood C, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Hellsing, Another or Mirai Nikki...
that is if you want to see the most fucked up side of anime (not in the sexual way)
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by XxChr0NicSpeedxX Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:47 pm

School Days Laughing Twisted Evil
XxChr0NicSpeedxX
XxChr0NicSpeedxX
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Here's a list by basic genre of some excellent anime series that I recommend. Try doing a little research to see what interests you from this list first because my organisation of them into genres isn't particularily well-done and they really vary within said genres.
Action:
- Soul Eater (51 episodes)
- Noragami (12 ep)
- Gundam Build Fighters (25 ep)
- Blue Excorcist (25 ep)
Thriller-y stuff:
- Steins;Gate (25 ep)
- Death Note (37 ep)
Slice of life-ish or comedy:
- Bakuman (if the anime is anything like the manga, I've never seen it myself)
- Hetalia (52 ep but they're 5 or so minutes long and you really don't need to watch them in order)
- The Devil is a Part-Timer (13 ep)
- Ouran High School Host Club (26 ep)
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by golducky Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:01 am

i made a list, thanks for your help guys
golducky
golducky
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by XxChr0NicSpeedxX Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:17 am

Try toradora if you like romance and slice-of-life
XxChr0NicSpeedxX
XxChr0NicSpeedxX
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:03 pm

ELFEN LIED ELFEN LIED ELFEN LIED <nvm that I did enjoy it alot altough it isnt the best anime, Still my number one.

But I suggest Durarara, Its just awesome and funny over all. Oh and afcourse Death Note and all that shizzle. And The Legend of Legendairy Heroe's. Its ending sucks so much. Its litterly the worst and it wants you to have never watched this anime. But - that its really awesome, I do recommend it even though its ending is just... *Shivers*. They arent the shortest of anime. But You will litterly enjoy every part of it. (- the ending of... you know what I meen.)

Goodluck watching anime!.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by XxChr0NicSpeedxX Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:54 pm

If you're into horror try Corpse Party Tortured Souls. I was having nightmares for days. They did a fantastic job on it.
XxChr0NicSpeedxX
XxChr0NicSpeedxX
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:59 pm

XxChr0NicSpeedxX wrote:If you're into horror try Corpse Party Tortured Souls. I was having nightmares for days. They did a fantastic job on it.
Darn, missed that one in my gore lineup XD
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by XxChr0NicSpeedxX Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:17 pm

lol but its a good series
XxChr0NicSpeedxX
XxChr0NicSpeedxX
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

so im trying to get in to anime, where do i start? Empty anime list

Post by Karasugaming Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:54 pm

okay heres a list of anime
-Akame ga kill!
-Code geass R1 and R2
-Naruto 
-Naruto Shippuden
-H.O.T.D (highschool of the dead)
-Nisekoi (there are 2 seasons atm)
-Pokemon (yes pokemon is a anime)
-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Bakugan
-Vampire knight
-Sword art online
-Sword art online II
-Kill la kill
-Fairy tail
-Black butler
-Corpse party (there are a few anime episodes based around the game for the PSP)
-Soul eater
-Soul eater not
-Beyblade
-Beyblade metal masters
and finally on my list of many animes
-Attack on titan (one of the best animes i've watched by far S2 comes out in 2016)

you are welcome for my list of many animes
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:25 am

Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon and Naruto are really not a good place ot start, considering they are over a hundred episodes long(Pokemon is like 800 and Naruto+Naruto Shippuden is about 900, dunno about Yu-gi-oh though).
13gamer2000 wrote:-Attack on titan (one of the best animes i've watched by far S2 comes out in 2016)
Also Season 2 is already out, season 3 is coming 2016 (If you count the female titan arc as a seprate season, I think it counts).
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:14 am

FutureCreator wrote:Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon and Naruto are really not a good place ot start, considering they are over a hundred episodes long(Pokemon is like 800 and Naruto+Naruto Shippuden is about 900, dunno about Yu-gi-oh though).
13gamer2000 wrote:-Attack on titan (one of the best animes i've watched by far S2 comes out in 2016)
Also Season 2 is already out, season 3 is coming 2016 (If you count the female titan arc as a seprate season, I think it counts).

IS SEASON 2 ALREADY OUT??!?!?!?!?!?!?!. I gotta find that shit.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

so im trying to get in to anime, where do i start? Empty its not

Post by Karasugaming Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:10 pm

the female titan arc is not counted as season 2. just because it has a new introduction does not necessarily mean that its a new season. also the whole series of AOT that is out at the moment is classified as S1 S2 is about Levi and has nothing to do with the female titan arc. so as I said before S2 comes out 2016 and pokemon naruto and yugioh I know that they are all long anime but its a good series to get into im only suggesting not telling him and thats your opinion that they are not good.
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:19 pm

FutureCreator wrote:Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon and Naruto are really not a good place ot start, considering they are over a hundred episodes long(Pokemon is like 800 and Naruto+Naruto Shippuden is about 900, dunno about Yu-gi-oh though).

Heh, you can always do what I do and pretend entire seasons don't exist when they don't meet my expectations. Naruto? Pfft- that ended after the chunin exams- and Yugioh- what are seasons 4 and 5?? ;p
ignore me I've very picky
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:06 am

FutureCreator wrote:Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon and Naruto are really not a good place ot start, considering they are over a hundred episodes long.

Isn't pokémon a kids game and kids show? XD

I also suggest Kuroko no Basket if you are interested in sports anime.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

so im trying to get in to anime, where do i start? Empty zeno

Post by Karasugaming Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:01 pm

pokemon was made in japan and then dubbed in america also look at the eyes the eyes tell all (the anime eyes) pokemon has been a anime for many years
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:25 pm

13gamer2000 wrote:pokemon was made in japan and then dubbed in america also look at the eyes the eyes tell all (the anime eyes) pokemon has been a anime for many years
Pokemon most definitely an anime however I take issue with your second point. Anime doesn't refer to the art style but the location in which it was made. Astro Boy is an anime, correct? Yet Avatar the Last Airbender is much closer in style to most anime. In fact, the deeper you go exploring in Japanese cartoons (anime), the more you find the art style differs from the "standard" shonen or shojo-type styles. Some examples that really change up the style are Ping Pong and Panty and Stocking (I've never actually watched either of those series though so don't hold me responsible for whatever is contained within them). So to recap, an anime is simply any animated cartoon to come out of Japan. Not Korea, not China, not America. Japan.
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

so im trying to get in to anime, where do i start? Empty true

Post by Karasugaming Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:37 pm

true thankyou for clarifying that tri
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:49 am

I have the answer to your problem.
I can't really recommend any anime if I don't know what you're looking for, so with this site you can search by genre, themes, ratings, et cetera.
So let's say I want to find "comedy NEET." It will show me every NEET comedy anime that they know of, like Welcome To The NHK and Eden Of The East! (Both are fantastic, but also rated MA, so don't watch them until you're seventeen, kiddos.)
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

http://callmefreakfujiko.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by golducky Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:19 am

alright, thanks CallMeFreak
golducky
golducky
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeroHarugana Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:16 pm

i started with SAO and Fairytail
ZeroHarugana
ZeroHarugana
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddler31 Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:36 pm

ZeroHarugana wrote:i started with SAO and Fairytail

Yea I started with the same, cept I added in Bleach, too. Most of those aren't the best anime overall, but're great entry series.
Riddler31
Riddler31
Lv. 1 Magikarp

http://tinyurl.com/schoolscout

Back to top Go down

Post by JRaikes Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:11 pm

id recommend starting with something like the devil is a part timer, fullmetal alchemist, the seven deadly sins or violet evergarden

JRaikes
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down