Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Empty contest entry

Post by Karasugaming Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:30 pm

for once i decided to try and enter into a contest that require making a sprite i based this off of the official art
I MADE MALE MEOWSTIC!
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Meowst10[/img]
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:11 am

It's kinda late, so I'll judge in the morning.
Regardless, I'll assign the round now so you guys will have ample time.
So.. against my better judgement I'm going to let you guys do the creepypasta character round which I'm allowing because I've been watching entirely too much Marble Hornets again.

• Sprite a prominent character from a creepypasta, in either trainer or standard pokemon style format (obviously depending on if it's more human or beast)
  • end date- 5/2

Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Empty Creepy pasta entry

Post by Karasugaming Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:48 am

made my entry seeing as i had nothing better to do
its the evil shiny from the dead from the pokemon creepy pasta why won't you let me evolve (idk its name so lets call it eevpeon)
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Why_wo10[/img]
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:51 am

13gamer2000 wrote:made my entry seeing as i had nothing better to do
its the evil shiny from the dead from the pokemon creepy pasta why won't you let me evolve (idk its name so lets call it eevpeon)
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 <a href=Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Why_wo10" />

What have I told thee about upscaling? *beats dead horse*
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:08 pm

Alright, alright, I'm judging now. (Sorry for my lateness though- I intended to get this done a few hours ago but people have been constantly nagging me in real life.)

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Yvelta10
Intriguing pose. I like your nifty color palette, but immediately that lets me see that you've used one too many shades- it's a bit too detailed a coloring job for standard Pokemon sprites. I could maybe accept it for the pink, but it really doesn't work for the grey. Also, regarding that, your sprite has some flaws when it comes to matching up with Yveltal's actual design. The 'mane' of your sprite looks more like clouds, and has no indication of a fur texture. Also, from the position of the tail, you should be able to see the curved spike structures like the ones on the wing. Lastly, the talons are missing outlining, which really sticks out like a sore thumb.
B-

AllistorTheGreat wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Kalos_pokemon_slurpuff_by_p1x3l2-d8qmmw3
By contrast, this sprite is too flat looking. Everything only uses two shades with the exception of the body that has a weird in-between shade that does not contrast enough to been even noticed much. Also, this sprite could be refined more, structurally, especially evident when looking at the hands-  one is too narrow, and the other just looks like a blob. You made an effort, but more attention should have been put into refinement and shading.
C-

Kiriyawave wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Hoopa2b_zpsjkiagnnh
This is fairly ambitious, but as such, falls short in a few places from bothersome, though mostly correctable mistakes. For one, the rings don't look very smoothly round, but rather jagged and scrunched looking. Secondly, the contrast between the shadow and the base color from the ring down is not nearly enough, though I'd recommend lightening the base shade in this case, since it looks less like it's in shadow of the ring, and more like a different color from the face altogether. Also, the arm down by its side is messed up- its a bit to thick, and does not match the other, more accurate arm. Furthermore, I suggest using only the lighter yellow in the eyes, and using a much darker green, so the small details don't blend together as they do now.
B-

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Quilla10
The proportions on this sprite are just off in such a way that you made it look chunkier than it really is. The pokemon's face is somewhat squished for space, and it lacks defined legs to match with its feet.  Also, its near hand is lacking of claws. And, in what seems to be a trend, there is just not enough contrast between the shades. If you guys are sampling from the official art for colors, that's probably not a good idea, as they tend to be more washed-out than the game sprites.
C

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Tyrantrum_by_crimsonignis-d8qydc6
Well, all I can say is that, this is quite good. Tyrantrum is fairly detail heavy, but you worked with that fairly well. If I had one little nitpick though, I'd say add some black in with the orange scaling on the knee and tail- it blends in a little bit too much.
A

RandomUncertainty wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 FlrXkQU
This Pancham is ever so slightly chubby, though I'm guessing that's due to the Spinda base you spoke of. Regardless, the sprite isn't bad, but it has a few technical flaws. The bottom of the face lacks an outline, and the outline is spotty where it's missing pixels on the chest and arm. also, the feet are a little stunted, with he one that's supposed to be facing forward looking more like a stub.
B-

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Meowsprite____by_yria101-d8qztc0
Ah, a kitty :3 Anyway, I have no issue with those of you who choose not to use pure black for outlines, so long as it is done in a spot-on way. This, has a little bit of an issue, specifically for the white. With the replacement for the black already being such a light shade, the even lighter shade of outline is just too light. The outline around the eyes should have been darker too. Accuracy-wise, most of the sprite looks good, but the spikes could use more of an outline where they hang over the legs, and a little less as they go up the body.
B-

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Bergmite_sprite_by_brawler139-d8r0jcl
I think you actually did a surprisingly good job making it look like dense-packed ice. This is a case of colored outlines done right, and the colors complement the ice look quite nicely. Only thing that really bothers me is that the legs are almost a bit too small. Even if that's how they ended up when working with an image, it's okay to alter proportions slightly to make things more visible in scale. Also, the one eye is more oval-shaped than I think the perspective would allow for.
A-

Hessehl wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Aromatisse_by_hessehl-d8r0x08
Hm, this is a case where the official art shading isn't necessarily the right shading to use, and in this case, even the coloring is off compared to the in game model. Concept art Aromatisse is a more darker and purplish color compared to the in game one. However, both have the fault of shading the pink fur too much like a smooth object. You tried to make it more fluff-like with the shadow shade, but it could have been more jagged. Most of the rest of the shading is good, but the outline is a little too light near the top of its ears, and the bent arm could use an extended outline, and maybe shading leading further up its top edge to make its position more defined. The shading on the leg being a straight line is a bit uncomfortable too.
B-

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 XWDxXCm
This is pretty nice, but I have a few things to pick at. Being metal, the contrast between the shades, especially on the handle, is just not quite enough. On the blade of the sword however, while the sheen is nice, it's not quite enough. Being that the blade is tilted forward slightly the further down you go, the bottom should fade into a lighter shade (though not as bright as the sheen, but still needed). Also, the shadow at the top of the blade is very straight and incorrect looking, and doesn't match the angle of the blade. On the upside, all the detailing looks nice and accurate.
B

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Meowst10
And last but not least, another kitty :3 This sprite is odd it actually looks a bit better further away than up close, though I see why. Most of it has to do with the technical flaws that are only more visible up close. One that is apparent from any distance though, is the bottom tail. The bottom tail is actually positioned in front of the top one, and thus should not use a black outline on the top. Also, why does the outline not extend all the way to meet its back (or come all the way around the curve of the front either)? Most of the rest of it is good, except a spot iin the upper tail where the grey should extend inward, and a missing pixel on top. The hands could use a bit of correcting too- they're not curved enough, but are more jagged. Also, male Meowstic only has one spike coming off its side, not two, and the rear foot is entirely too pointy. The rest isn't bad, but you could have used a highlight shade for the main body color, especially on the tails.
C

(This has been what I dub the' B-' apocalypse of things that are almost but not quite right).

1st; CrimsonIgnis
2nd; Brawler139
3rd; KittenCutie1

Dragon Arbock wrote:It's kinda late, so I'll judge in the morning.
Regardless, I'll assign the round now so you guys will have ample time.
So.. against my better judgement I'm going to let you guys do the creepypasta character round which I'm allowing because I've been watching entirely too much Marble Hornets again.

• Sprite a prominent character from a creepypasta, in either trainer or standard pokemon style format (obviously depending on if it's more human or beast)
  • end date- 5/2

Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
13gamer2000 wrote:made my entry seeing as i had nothing better to do
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 <a href=Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Why_wo10" />

What have I told thee about upscaling? *beats dead horse*

to make the sprite i had to take the shiny eevee and espeon sprite that were upscaled from pokemon omicron so i could add the blood and the creepy smile :,(
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:33 pm

13gamer2000 wrote:
to make the sprite i had to take the shiny eevee and espeon sprite that were upscaled from pokemon omicron so i could add the blood and the creepy smile :,(

You could still do what you want on proper scale. It's not impossible
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Brawler139 Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:15 pm

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Bergmite_sprite_by_brawler139-d8r0jcl
I think you actually did a surprisingly good job making it look like dense-packed ice. This is a case of colored outlines done right, and the colors complement the ice look quite nicely. Only thing that really bothers me is that the legs are almost a bit too small. Even if that's how they ended up when working with an image, it's okay to alter proportions slightly to make things more visible in scale. Also, the one eye is more oval-shaped than I think the perspective would allow for.
A-

Alright! After several weeks of very mediocre sprites, my efforts finally paid off! Laughing

Anyway, yes the legs were pretty small, but I wasn't sure if I should make them bigger because I figured that the sprite might be too big since I was comparing the size to Bulbasaur. For this week's theme though, I'm not quite sure what I would use since I'm not very interested in a lot of creepypastas, but I'll try I guess.
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Empty ummm

Post by Karasugaming Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:16 pm

remember arbock i don't have ms paint .-. XD
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Empty re uploaded entry

Post by Karasugaming Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:13 pm

i downscaled it and it made it look more like the creepy pasta :S
here is the sprite along with the story of it

also arbock i did get that ms paint working and im starting to get used to it

Sprite:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 <a href=Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Eeeee_10" />

Story:
Spoiler:
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Empty Lol

Post by verys Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:21 pm

So I was like, Ok, seems interesting. Ill read a small part before I leave. And I ended up reading the whole thing. Welp.
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:18 am

AllistorTheGreat wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Ticci_toby_sprite_by_p1x3l2-d8rbamh
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Empty Ideas for others

Post by Leopardmask Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:53 am

I'm not familiar enough with creepypastas myself, nor do I particularly like them (even though I'm still curious enough to read them when I see them) but there are a couple ideas I have for others if you on't have ideas yet...
Maybe something from some Lavender Town story? Plenty of those around. Like White Hand or something. Also, there's this CP I read once that I think involved Missingno. or something, it involved Giovanni's gym and a trainer that comes in with some horrific thing that's just a blob/amalgamation of random Pokemon parts, and it distorts everything it touches and later more. When Giovanni sends out his Rhydon and Rhydon touches the thing, Rhydon turns red and its face, like, melts or something. Like, not just missing a face, but like its eyes aren't lined up and its face droops I think. So that might be interesting to try.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Fri May 01, 2015 11:47 am

i made BEN from the BEN drowned creepypasta(here's the link http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/BEN_Drowned)
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Ben11

Last edited by futurecreateor on Fri May 01, 2015 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link problems :\)
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Sat May 02, 2015 9:37 am

Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sat May 02, 2015 4:17 pm

"I now announce... you're Guilty!"

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 VKeeiXZ

I did Judge Angels (Dina).
Her creepypasta can be found here: http://yaguyi.deviantart.com/art/Creepypasta-Judge-angels-408812188
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sat May 02, 2015 11:51 pm

I'm judging tomorrow- stupid internet is awful from stupid mother trying to backup her stupid iphone. Our cheapskate internet isn't freaking capable of handling that she should just take it somewhere else.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun May 03, 2015 2:12 am

Hopefully this submission isn't too late. Its currently 23:12 over
But anyways my submission is Lost Silver

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Lost_silver_by_crimsonignis-d8ryefx

and heres a link to the creapypasta
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Lost_Silver
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun May 03, 2015 10:51 pm

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date! (sorry folks).

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Eeeee_10
Your sprite does suffer from the rescaling. While you did bring it back down to 96x96, the pixel size is inconsistently about 4:1, though in a few places it's 1:1. The whole thing needed to be cleaned up to single-pixel lines, because while there's nothing wrong with making a sprite bigger to add more detail, the lines should never look so blocky.
D

AllistorTheGreat wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Ticci_toby_sprite_by_p1x3l2-d8rbamh
Ah, yes. I know of him. For the most part this is good, but I have a few gripes, mostly involving the shading and contrast. Most glaring would have to be the pants. The shadow color just does not stand out from the outline, which makes it difficult to discern with the eye. I get why- shading blacks can be difficult to do while keeping the integrity of the color, but bumping it up a shade would have been better. Also, the hood and arms have no shading- even though I can see in your colors you set out, you planned to do so to the hood. Speaking of the arm, the torso should be positioned in front of the upper arm, based on where the lower arm is facing and the perspective. He also seems to be missing the thing that covers the lower part of his face, that most depictions have.
B-

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Ben11
Cant have this round without a reference to this. The face is suffers a little from the scale, but what bothers me more is the flatness of the torso. IT could have used more prominent shadows and highlights. Belt could have been a pixel thicker, and also, on the actual stature, the red things are boots, not leggings, and don't extend all the way up. The hair outline maybe could have been a bit darker, and the eyebrows ought to have been hair-toned.
B

Zenox-rmp wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Pokemo24
Interesting use for the toddler sprite. I feel like the overall product though is a tad simple. Also, I know what you were going for, but the stuff on its hand looks more like pumpkin guts. Blood is thick and not really affected by the color of the surface its on if there's enough to still be dripping like that. The blood spots on the white mane look good though.
C+

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 VKeeiXZ
This one I am unfamiliar with. For the most part, it's good; the shading is nice, and the hair can get away with the few thin locks at the top. What bothers me the most about this sprite is that the arm and hand do not look like they are positioned to be grasping the sword. I'd complain a bit about the sword itself too, but swords are notoriously difficult to do perfectly at this scale. I would have considered maybe a pixel wider for it though- as thin as it is, it looks more like a rod-cane.
B+

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Lost_silver_by_crimsonignis-d8ryefx
Sprite and mugshot, hm?- though considering that with this the primary modification is removing parts, I guess it just made sense to do. I think that the biggest thing that bugs me is this; why is there a black crater where his arm used to be attached?- should it not just be a bleeding stump?- I mean, the arms were connected to something, after all. For the rest of the sprite, otherwise, it decently depicts a de-limbed, pale, ghost-like Gold. Maybe replacing the black outline on the white would have been a good touch, but otherwise I'm not sure what else to tell you.
B-

(Hm, I think if I ever do this round again I'll have to exclude Pokemon-based creepypastas- it's too easy when you have sprites to work with already  Twisted Evil  )

1st; KittenCutie1
2nd; futurecreateor
3rd; AllistorTheGreat, CrimsonIgnis

Next Round- Revamp 1st or 2nd gen badges to D/P/Pt style.
End Date- 5/9

• No need to do 5th gen, since they're fairly similar
  • 3rd gen already got an upgrade in ORAS; HG/SS for some reason did not apply the D/P/Pt badge system though

Last edited by Dragon Arbock on Sun May 03, 2015 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun May 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Why did Future win when Kitten got a higher grade?
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun May 03, 2015 11:06 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Why did Future win when Kitten got a higher grade?
Oh, sorry, I typed it wrong.

Probably a good thing I have people to jump on me for my mistakes. Oops.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriyawave Mon May 04, 2015 9:57 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Falkner%20Revamp_zpsvdrrovzn
Falkner Gen 2 Badge revamped :3

Kiriyawave
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Empty Quick Question

Post by verys Mon May 04, 2015 10:45 pm

Other than adding the weird silver thing on the edges, can we slightly change the design at all? Like how the Hoenn badges were edited with the release of ORAS?
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Tue May 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 14 Boulder_badge_revamp_by_jathavansiva-d8sa10o
I did change the design but i tried to make it look like a boulder
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next