Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by FutureCreator Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:27 am

I would like to help with the judging.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Zenox-rmp Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:29 am

If I remember correctly Llama and Ignis would like to help with the judging.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:30 pm

(Ok, I'm working on a test to evaluate people for judge status, but for now..)

To celebrate today's release, the round this week is to Sprite a playable character that appears in a Super Smash Bros title.
Round ends 6/20. Have fun~
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty You should probably

Post by Karasugaming Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:47 pm

You should probably say that the pokemon characters in SSB should not be allowed to be used seeing as someone could just post a random pikachu sprite
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:52 pm

13gamer2000 wrote:You should probably say that the pokemon characters in SSB should not be allowed to be used seeing as someone could just post a random pikachu sprite

I /guess/ but Greninja is still spriteless, and if someone wanted to make a whole new sprite for Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, or Charizard, I'd allow it.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty Sprite created

Post by Karasugaming Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:52 pm

1st entry for this weeks selection
ITTSSS!!!!
Kirby Kirby Kirby thats a name you should know
Kirby Kirby Kirby He's the star of the show
He's more than you think he's got maximum pink!
Kirby Kirby Kirby's the one
He's coming RIGHT Back at ya
He's coming RIGHT Back at ya
Give it all that you take your very best shot
KIRBY!
KIIIIRRBYYYY!!!!
Kirby Kirby
Kirby Kirby Kirby's the onneeeeeeee
Right back at ya
Yeah

So yeah heres kirby
I scratched the kirby sprite and used my old original kirby sprite for reference
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 New_an10[/img]
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:46 am

Oh my god, this took soooooo long to make! Anyways, here is Meta Knight (Cape form) as he appears in Smash 4.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Metakn10

P.S. Ok just noticed the blur. Here is the sprite itself:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Meta_k10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty Tounge Attack

Post by Jathavan Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:13 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Ludwig_by_jathavansiva-d8y1gq1
This is a scratch sprite so the color pallet is a little bit off.

Last edited by Jathavan on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Okay her crown has fallen of and i got no time to get it on deviantart but: PEACH
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Peach_11
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:25 pm

My submission is the Planking King, Luigi

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 The_planking_king_vs_by_crimsonignis-d8y3qqn
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:00 pm

Here's my entry ^^

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 HqSr4tS
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Brawler139 Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:51 am

Here is my very late entry based on the official image.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Ness_scratch_by_brawler139-d8y5fm0
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:53 pm

(Internet is garbage right now- I think my brother is stealing all the bandwidth with youtube uploading or something- I'll pick up the judging tomorrow morning at work).
For now.. was anybody actually interested in doing that partners round?
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:55 pm

I still am.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:01 pm

I am really interested in a partner round even though I never really participate in the contest. I like the idea of choosing partners but it'd also be cool if there was another round with random partners. Of course, that would need to factor in timezones and such...
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty gamer is interested

Post by Karasugaming Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:18 pm

Gamer is interested in partners round
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:39 pm

I'm in. This will be interesting. Question will this be a free sprite round or what?
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Yes I am interested in the partners round ^^
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:50 pm

CrimsonIgnis wrote:I'm in. This will be interesting. Question will this be a free sprite round or what?

I was considering making it so, since this'll be the first partner round and tricky in and of itself.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:52 am

Partners round? What'd I miss, I didn't hear about this? It sounds fun though. I like the idea of a random partner.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:18 am

I'm up for the partner round too
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell Justice Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:59 am

Me too but I guess the next round will be the partner round... Damn it I can't participate
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:17 am

Okay, judging time;

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 New_an10
(Kirby~) Okay, first things first, the color palette is a little lacking- the sprite would really benefit from having at the least 3 shades, preferably 4 to include segments of colored outline. Also, the shading is a little confusing, as it looks like it's coming from the one side, but the foot seems to suggest the opposite, and it casts no shadow on the body. Speaking of the foot, it's a little to ovular for Kirby, as they're usually more like rounded off wedge-shapes than anything, and it probably should be angled more outward rather than being straight up and down. Overall not too bad, but it falls short.
C

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Meta_k10
(And Meta Knight- we're one short of the whole crew here). This is pretty good, and I can imagine how long it might've taken. Even so, it still has a few flaws. For one, it has an awful lack of black outlines, or really and outlines of a dark enough color to really stand out. secondly, the cape lacks some contrast (and might have benefited from a highlight shade), and feels a bit pillowshaded. LAstly, I'm not sure 100% what's going on with that hand, but the thumb looks off and not like it's gripping anything, and it appears as though you /might/ have drew in the sword hilt, but forgot to color it. Overall, not bad, but needs some polish.
B-

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Ludwig_by_jathavansiva-d8y1gq1
Not a bad effort, though I can definitely tell this sprite is larger than Pokemon scale. The colors being accurate isn't so much the problem, but right away I can already see some other problems with the palette. For starters, the sprite is outlined entirely in black. Another thing is, that, while for the most part your sprite includes highlight and shadow shades, you didn't use them well everywhere they needed to be. Using the hair for example, it's technically pillowshaded, but it's also very flat. It could have used more detail-oriented shading. The top of the head is okay, but some of the colors are too close, and that becomes more apparent on the rest of the body. Also, the shading on the clown car's tongue doesn't curve with its shape. The anatomy of the character is good, but the clown car's outlines are a little rough and misshapen.
C

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Peach_11
Hm, not bad at first sight, but upon second, the face looks awfully thin, and the eyes are set too low down (actually, fixing the eyes would probably make the face look better too.) The hair is pretty nice, and for the most part the contrast all around is great. This sprite also lacks black, but it's not so bad because there's at the least some dark outlines. You could maybe use more highlight on the top of the other shoulder puff, but all and all this sprite is rather great if you'd just fix the eye issue, and maybe make the neck a bit wider (and add a bit of shadow under the chin).
B-

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 The_planking_king_vs_by_crimsonignis-d8y3qqn
This is almost scary good how much at first glace I thought this /was/ the in-game model. Maybe it has to do with Luigi being a simple character, but this is still good. If I had to make any comment at all, it almost looks a little too good for Pokemon style, but you're not using and extra shades, so I can't fault you for that. I can't really find anything anatomically wrong with it either, so, good job.
A

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 HqSr4tS
(Pit~ *loves the Kid Icarus series*) Ahem, anyway, pretty nice job on this, and considering the number of details you had to fit in, this came out for the most part, pretty well (especially the tunic). Now.. I can tell those are Articuno wings- you didn't do an overly bad job trying to disguise them, but I feel like the back one isn't angled quite right (and I never thought it was on the original either). Also, something about the bent leg bothers me- it sorta doesn't match the other in build, like in shape and muscle tone, and it feels like too sharp of an angle, I'm not really sure how to explain, it just doesn't look right. Overall though, nice job.
A-

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Ness_scratch_by_brawler139-d8y5fm0
Okay, the colors in places on this sprite are entirely too close. There's a part on the top of the hat that looks like it has no outline at all, but that's not the case, because I checked. but the thing is, if you can't tell from afar that there's an outline, it's as good as not having one in the first place. Looking at it, the arms and legs are a tad noodly, but overall it's a shame, because if the coloring were fixed, this sprite would look a lot better, so I hate to have to be harsh, but I need to grade it as is.
D

1st; CrimsonIgnis
2nd; KittenCutie1
3rd; futurecreateor, Yria/Mara LB

Next round; Open Partner Round
End date; 6/27
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:53 am

What does the partner round entail? I feel like I missed something, because I have no idea what's going on right now.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:58 am

Leopardmask wrote:What does the partner round entail? I feel like I missed something, because I have no idea what's going on right now.

Mostly check the Sprite Contest Discussion thread, but it entails working with one other person on a pokemon-styled sprite of your joint choosing.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next