Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Yria/Mara LB Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
Jathavan wrote:

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Maractus_evolution_by_yria101-d8p5uhf
And it worked Very Happy

Link to the deviant arts if u want it for any reason.
http://yria101.deviantart.com/art/Maractus-Evolution-idk-525992595

I think it would be really cool if it was actually a pre-evolution as the flowers aren't in bloom but it would be much smaller

Actually, I kinda see them as cactus fruit, if you've ever seen them;
https://www.google.com/search?q=cactus+fruit&biw=954&bih=682&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=eAsoVczYDMSeNoGmg-AJ&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
Not saying that was their intent, but cool nonetheless.

It is cactus fruit Razz. But I made it look like the flowers are closed just to add some detail.
If it was a pre evolution the flowers wouldn even be there if u look on the logic side.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty Draaceon

Post by verys Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Here's a dragon type evolution of Eevee: Draaceon. You evolve Eevee by leveling it up to level 20+ with another dragon type in your party. Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Draace12

Last edited by VerysBlade on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to fix the size. Sorry DragonArbok!)
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Dragon Arbock Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:21 pm

VerysBlade wrote:Here's a dragon type evolution of Eevee: Draaceon. You evolve Eevee by leveling it up to level 20+ with another dragon type in your party. I upscaled for size reasons.     Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Draace11

I suggest that you take this down and post the non-upscaled version. This will be the last time I give you a chance to fix this.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Create an evolution for a pokemon, 4/11]

Post by Brawler139 Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Here is an evolution to Swalot.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Swalot_evolution_by_brawler139-d8pbhqr
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
VerysBlade wrote:Here's a dragon type evolution of Eevee: Draaceon. You evolve Eevee by leveling it up to level 20+ with another dragon type in your party. I upscaled for size reasons.     Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Draace11

I suggest that you take this down and post the non-upscaled version. This will be the last time I give you a chance to fix this.
I fixed It! Sorry Man!
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:32 pm

VerysBlade wrote:
I fixed It! Sorry Man!

Alright, all good- just remember for next time.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty No Name evolution

Post by Leopardmask Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:53 pm

For the life of me I can't think of a good name for this thing! It evolves from Torkoal when Torkoal is leveled up while underwater.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 2ptt27l
It's based on the volcanic vents at the bottom of the ocean.
It's funny - no existing Pokemon (that I know of) has black smoke around it.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Here's my entry!

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 7EdK8v3
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:36 am

Well, the Nascar race was disappointing.., On to judging;

BetaX64 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Heliol12
This is a pretty good design, and reminds me of the real-life species of gliding lizards. Looking at the sprite I can't find and really major flaws, though if I had to pick at something, I'm not sure I completely agree with the shading on the wing flaps.
A

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Marowak_evoulution_by_jathavansiva-d8oy3n9
This is a kind of interesting idea, and from afar the sprite looks mostly nice. Up close though, the scratching you did for the ribs either gives them an inconsistent shape or does  not make them appear curved enough. Also, the legs are not at the correct angles for the viewing perspective, as it looks like it's standing on the pointed tips of its left foot, and the side of its right foot- I suggest looking at other pokemon with similar feet structures to see how this should be done. Not a bad effort though.
B-

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Smearg10
This isn't bad, it's just not super interesting (though I guess there isn't much you could do with a Smeargle evolution. The palette on its head is a bit strange, but oddly it works. My issue is more with its left hand and tail. The hand looks like it has some kind of alien fingers, while the its right hand looks normal- which is it supposed to be? Also, the left tail almost looks like it has a kink in it- it bends too sharply near the bottom. The line of straight pixels leading to the leg is bothering me too.
B-

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Dunsparce_by_crimsonignis-d8p3a7z
Seems everyone wants a cool as heck wings serpent evolution for poor old Dunsparce. That said though this is a pretty good sprite. The shading is pretty good, however the tail segment of its body doesn't curve quite naturally- it looks more like it's making a 105 degree angle behind its back. That could be fixed by making the curve more gradual. Also I totally know those wings came from Articuno (they're fitting here at least..)
A-

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Maractus_evolution_by_yria101-d8p5uhf
This is a relatively unique idea, what with the cactus fruit and all. I like this sprite, but there's just a few things the bug me about it. Are the fruit supposed to be attached to the head?- because they don't really look like they're sprouting from the place where Marcactus's flowers were. Its right one looks like it's growing from the arm, and the left one from its back. Also, the outline is a bit messy one the large thorns, with the pixels making the points extending too long- maybe if you wanted to make it look sharper, narrow the thorns more at the base so it makes a steeper slope.
B+

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Draace12
Your sprite itself is not bad, other than a bit of weird shading on the chest, and a stray blue pixel on the nose. The real problem is it looks a bit too much like another of Eevee's evolutions, (which I know you built this off of), Vaporeon. Even without the knowledge that it was built off Vaporeon, it has the same back ridge, and a prominent fin on its head, along with a near-identical set of colors. Like I said, the sprite itself isn't bad, but as an evolution, it could have used something to really separate it from the other Eevee evolutions.
C

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Swalot_evolution_by_brawler139-d8pbhqr
This also suffers from the same problem, of a sorts. This pokemon just looks too similar to Swalot. I mean, look at the difference between Gulpin and Swalot- this doesn't look like and evolution, and having traits from Gulpin that Swalot does not have makes it look more like a fusion. Also, the shading does not contour to it's form well, and the shading on the diamonds needs to be altered.
C

Leopardmask wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 2ptt27l
This isn't bad, and the black smoke is fairly nicely done. My problem is, again, a little more needed to be added to make it look more different, more like a step up from the original. Perhaps adding some of those lifeforms that live around the vents (some of the variety of tubifex worms) would be some nice decoration to the pokemon. Also, maybe making it a bit larger that its predecessor would help.
B-

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 7EdK8v3
This is pretty good, and I really like the way you did the gems on its back. The rest of the design isn't quite as impressive though, and by changing the eyes, you kinda got rid of one of Sableye's most defining features. Also, the shading is a tad inconsistent. On the back it looks nearly top-down, but on the arms it looks like it's coming from the side, and the head is a weird mix of the two, having a strong highlight only on one side, but shadow only on the bottom.
B

1st; BetaX64
2nd; CrimsonIgnis
3rd; Yria/Mara LB

Next Round- Create a gijinka of a pokemon in trainer sprite form.
End Date- 4/18

• Because you guys asked for this
  • I believe this is similar to having someone cosplay as the pokemon rather than being a half human, half animal (?) so please don't just splice pokemon parts to a preexisting trainer (like a goldeen horn and tail on Misty) and call it good. That will not get you any points. (That's just called a pokemorph, anyway.)
  • For anyone still confused, have some nice examples google has provided me with;
    1, 2, 3
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:52 am

BetaX64 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Heliol12
Ignore the Heliolisk Sprites. It's just an example of it.
If anyone curious about the heliolisk sprite, it was made by me and not anyone else (as usual...)
So don't worry, I didn't steal someone. Razz
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:02 am

Yeah, I was only looking at your sprite for judging.
Is that from Noscium on DA by chance? -I know they did a bunch as the art was released leading up to XY.

Edit; Nah, never mind, I read that wrong, you said that you did make it, not didn't *facepalms* You even bringing it up just confused me, and I read it fast.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:

Leopardmask wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 2ptt27l
This isn't bad, and the black smoke is fairly nicely done. My problem is, again, a little more needed to be added to make it look more different, more like a step up from the original. Perhaps adding some of those lifeforms that live around the vents (some of the variety of tubifex worms) would be some nice decoration to the pokemon. Also, maybe making it a bit larger that its predecessor would help.
B-

Well, I can't say that's not the grade I expected, though for a couple unexpected reasons. I honestly kinda ran out of time - had a lot of stuff to do this week and this is pretty detailed compared to most sprites I've done. I couldn't make the head look the way I wanted (I actually wanted the eye slightly open, and have sort of a ridge over it like some RL tortoises, but couldn't make either look right), and I agree that it could look more different. I know most non-legendaries fit inside an 80x80 square, so though the official size is 96x96 I tried to make it fit in 80x80 and only barely managed it because of the spread of the smoke. Torkoal itself is pretty big, and I tried to make this thing (really wish I had a name for it) bigger, but I guess I could've bent the 80x80 "rule" a little so the size difference is more apparent. I like the tubifex worm idea, I hadn't even thought of that. I did sorta come up with a Pokedex entry about Lileep liking to hang around it, but that's all.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:15 pm

Heres my submission. She's a gijinka of glaceon

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Glaceon_by_crimsonignis-d8ph7i6

Last edited by CrimsonIgnis on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:37 pm

AllistorTheGreat wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Human_mega_gardevoir__i_guess__by_p1x3l2-d8pgo0l

Ah, a new entrant. Hello there.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty My entry

Post by Kiriyawave Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:51 pm

Here's my entry, a Lucario Gijinka Very Happy

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Lucario%20Gijinka_zps0lfnwcu8

Kiriyawave
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Hmmm, this week looks interesting but I have next to no experience with trainer sprites or gijinkas... I wouldn't know where to begin. Maybe I'll just sit back and enjoy everyone else's entries this week.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty Meloetta Gijinka!

Post by Pigmaniac Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:09 am

My Gijinka of Meloetta!
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 IsuzY5P
Pigmaniac
Pigmaniac
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Create a pokemon gijinka trainer sprite, 4/18]

Post by Brawler139 Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:17 am

Here is my attempt at a Raikou gijinka.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Raikou_gjinka_by_brawler139-d8pno72
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Swampert_gijinka_by_jathavansiva-d8pthkh
This a girl just because everyone thinks swampert is masculine it doesn't mean girls can't be one Embarassed Also it needs to be kawii :lol!: heh it's Goku!!!
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hessehl Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:59 pm

Completly from scratch I post a Milotic gijinka as my entry.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Milotic_human_by_hessehl-d8puv7a
Hessehl
Hessehl
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty gijinka of grovyle

Post by Karasugaming Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:47 am

i tried i think i failed and i think i succeded havent made a gijinka before but meh atleast i tried
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 0410[/img]
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:00 pm

My entry is an Unbound Hoopa gijinka. Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Hoopa10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty Gijinka

Post by verys Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Gijink10
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty Tyranitar Gijinka

Post by RandomUncertainty Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:57 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Gc73lqS
RandomUncertainty
RandomUncertainty
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 12 Empty Froslass!

Post by Yria/Mara LB Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next