Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

+13
Dragon Arbock
verys
Pixel Profligate
TriShade
Kitten
FutureCreator
Karasugaming
Zenox-rmp
Ichiyama22
Yria/Mara LB
Professor Morel
ikey123
Hex Maniac Quinn
17 posters

Page 19 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

info - NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 19 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:25 pm

^
Also the first 4 regions are all based off Japan.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

info - NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 19 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by Karasugaming Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:44 pm

I was talking about giraffarig I never saw one in Gen 2 cause I never played GSC until last year when I did a randomized silver nuzlocke thats when I found out giraffarig came from gen 2
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:16 pm

I will say, Gen 2 was pretty bad at actively making some Pokemon stupid rare, like Scarmory and the aforementioned Giraffarig.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:07 pm

noverys wrote:
CallMeFreak wrote:"No fossil Pokemon" besides the fossil Pokemon. Or at least it should be a fossil Pokemon since it's based on Ankylosauria.
What is...? I feel really dumb right now xD
This thing.
Spoiler:

Ariakai wrote:what was a pokemon based off a giraffe doing in a region based off japan?
Girafarig is based on a giraffokeryx, an extinct type of giraffe. That on top of the fact that it's psychic makes it's history kind of mysterious, which was a theme in the second gen games.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

http://callmefreakfujiko.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 pm

I mean, you can have something prehistoric and NOT be a fossil... look at all of the grass starters. Also, Jangmo-o is a three stage evolution line, so it won't be the fossil.
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:48 pm

It's also not Rock type...so...
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Apex Leo Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:57 pm

( and que solid snake detected sound effect) something just dawned on me that is probably just speculation and rambling ( so this could be very pointless) but what if the ultra beast are like a failed attempt of what Bill tried to do back in gen 1.
Apex Leo
Apex Leo
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:48 am

noverys wrote:I mean, you can have something prehistoric and NOT be a fossil... look at all of the grass starters. Also, Jangmo-o is a three stage evolution line, so it won't be the fossil.
How the hell does it exist then?! What's the secret to them to be able to live forever?!

Well, okay all of the fossil Pokemon have a 12.5 chance of being female, strongly implying that they went instinct because they couldn't populate fast enough. And implying that Ditto weren't around when they were. Especially if Ditto was man-made like theorized.... I could go on but that would be out of topic. My point I'm trying to make is, maybe the M/F ratio isn't drastic enough for them to go extinct. Where the grass/dinosaur-like Pokemon could've mated with a plant Pokemon or something Iduno. Apparently it can mate with a Cranidos...
But anyway!

LlamaMinister wrote:It's also not Rock type...so...
It just dawned on me that all of the fossil Pokemon are at least part rock type... Because they were fossils? That's... That's not how it would work. If you could revive a dinosaur from a fossil, it's not going to be part rock monster.

Acro Leo wrote:( and que solid snake detected sound effect) something just dawned on me that is probably just speculation and rambling ( so this could be very pointless) but what if the ultra beast are like a failed attempt of what Bill tried to do back in gen 1.

...Ohmygod.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:52 am

CallMeFreak wrote:How the hell does it exist then?! What's the secret to them to be able to live forever?!

I think you might be forgetting that these are fictional monsters that literally don't make sense in existing 80% of the time, like the entire Porygon line, or Wailord the "lighter than air" blimp whale, etc.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:44 am

LlamaMinister wrote:
CallMeFreak wrote:How the hell does it exist then?! What's the secret to them to be able to live forever?!

I think you might be forgetting that these are fictional monsters that literally don't make sense in existing 80% of the time, like the entire Porygon line, or Wailord the "lighter than air" blimp whale, etc.
Monsters that are a mix of reality and mythology. There's a lot more thought put into every Pokemon (usually) than what people think.

Wailord implies that people were inspired to make blimps based on him, like Vanill... The ice cream-shaped Pokemon.

They're always very vague with Porygon's background, but it's basically a computer with a face.

Porygon2 is an A.I. that can learn emotions... Which is something that people are working on... 'Not really sure why. I mean, I have an idea as to why, but... I'll just leave the explanation to Gaijin Goomba.

Porygon-Z is Vista... Okay it's a Pokemon made to work in alien dimensions... And failed. They were probably given moves to defend themselves against the actual Pokemon who wants to battle them.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:50 am

I'm not meaning their concepts. I'm meaning the fact they can actually exist in the way that they do. No animal could ever be literally lighter than air and be that size, and nothing could ever be a physical construct of polygons and code, but they exist in the Pokemon world. But they do exist because they're Pokemon. Biology doesn't apply to them like it applies to real life animals, or something like a floating sentient group of magnets wouldn't exist, or a ball with no feesable way to get nutrients, or just a mushroom with a face. These things have to be given a bit of leeway or you have to judge all of them with a similar harshness.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:08 am

LlamaMinister wrote:I'm not meaning their concepts. I'm meaning the fact they can actually exist in the way that they do. No animal could ever be literally lighter than air and be that size, and nothing could ever be a physical construct of polygons and code, but they exist in the Pokemon world. But they do exist because they're Pokemon. Biology doesn't apply to them like it applies to real life animals, or something like a floating sentient group of magnets wouldn't exist, or a ball with no feesable way to get nutrients, or just a mushroom with a face. These things have to be given a bit of leeway or you have to judge all of them with a similar harshness.
I'm just saying that every other fossil Pokemon has a reason to have gone extinct, and it makes sense for them.
I guess I'll just have to see the gender rate for this one.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:10 am

Personally, I wouldn't trust the gender rates in telling what something is, since a lot of Pokemon in the past have had some pretty screwy ones, even so far as to having different gender rates in an evolutionary line of Pokemon.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:20 am

But the evolutions... I can really appreciate their 3D model A LOT better than their leaked art. I actually really like them!
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:42 am

LlamaMinister wrote:Personally, I wouldn't trust the gender rates in telling what something is, since a lot of Pokemon in the past have had some pretty screwy ones, even so far as to having different gender rates in an evolutionary line of Pokemon.
No I mean gender rate to make sense of the extinction or not. Otherwise I would have to do some more research because that's just meee~!
Edit: NEW STUFF

Red's not dead! Woooo!

Oh, and we have the typings of the final evolution forms too. They're pretty cool.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Apex Leo Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:47 pm

YUSSS! Primarina is so pretty I'm going to faint from beauty!!! I'm really excited that these are the final forms tough grass ghost threw me for a loop. And is that the remix for blues theme ?! Just take my money already
Apex Leo
Apex Leo
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:47 pm

I want rowlett so bad now. :O but since its type changes from flying to ghost I can't use it as my favorite flying type...which in a way means my favorite type list has two owls on it now. Very Happy

Also man, the water starter's special move removes burns...she might wanna use it on all the redditors who're gonna be so salty that the leaks for final evos were true. xD

Dragon Arbock wrote:^
Also the first 4 regions are all based off Japan.

I thought sinnoh was basically canada. It even had bronzor, the hockey puck pokemon. Very Happy

Also all I care about this time for fossil pokemon is, uh...getting actual dinosaurs out of them. Like we always do, really. It's not a proper fossil pokemon unless it's a dinosaur, because dinosaurs are cool and why make you go through some special segment of the game (the fossil stuff you usually do) if it's not to get something from a land before time?

Also that 3-stage dragon is super lame, I like drampa more. :V Too bad it won't likely get an evo. ):
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:12 pm

I'm inlove with all 3 starters typings and the tapus also FUCKEN RED, BLUE, CYNTHIA & WALLY! INCLUDING A WHOLE ARC WITH THE POKEMON THATS BEEN INSIDE LILLIES BAG COSMOG!
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Revealing that returning characters are in this game is a huge mistake on their part.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:51 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Revealing that returning characters are in this game is a huge mistake on their part.
Black and White 2 did it. I'm assuming that this is going to be like that.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:52 pm

And I feel like B2/W2 had a lot of mistakes made about their design and marketing.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:57 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:And I feel like B2/W2 had a lot of mistakes made about their design and marketing.
It was just post game. You didn't have to participate in the battling thing.
They probably revealed Red and Blue because 1. twentieth anniversary game, and 2. pandering to the nostalgia fa... People addicted to 'member berries.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:59 pm

Well, yeah, it's clearly meant as a way to remind people that "hey, look, Gen 1 was cool." I'd even be willing to actually bet money that Red is the superboss of the game.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Apex Leo Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:32 pm

I think the reason for the secondary effect for Primarina is to deal with gut sets
Apex Leo
Apex Leo
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:36 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Well, yeah, it's clearly meant as a way to remind people that "hey, look, Gen 1 was cool." I'd even be willing to actually bet money that Red is the superboss of the game.
Well, since Cynthia and Wally were shown with them, I'm assuming that there's going to be a thing like they had in B2W2... I can't remember what that was called. The post game thing that you can avoid.
Well, people seem to like them being there and I really don't care.

Edit: I dunno what happened but it's fixed now.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next