Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

+13
Dragon Arbock
verys
Pixel Profligate
TriShade
Kitten
FutureCreator
Karasugaming
Zenox-rmp
Ichiyama22
Yria/Mara LB
Professor Morel
ikey123
Hex Maniac Quinn
17 posters

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

info - NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 13 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by Istas Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:19 am

Looking through the official site, it looks like I can clear some things up that you're all concerned about.

First off, the game is gonna have a day and night cycle and it's gonna link to your in game clock. "Except for a few scenes, time in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon is tied to the actual time. Pokémon Sun operates on the same time as your Nintendo 3DS system, but time in the world of Pokémon Moon is shifted by 12 hours." So it will be night in sun when it's night for you and day in moon when it's night for you. - http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-gb/sept-6-sunmoon-differences/

Next up the version exclusive evolutions. I understand how it would be stupid of them to base it on the time of day and they know that too. If you look in either of Lycanroc's bios on the page you'll see this "When Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, it evolves into its Midday Form. In the world of Pokémon Sun, Solgaleo’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form." or the similar version for moon. Basically meaning that it's evolution is tied to the legendary in the game and nothing to do with time, also proving that there will be a day and night cycle.

Finally, they released a lot of information on the pokemon bank updates, but a rundown is you can transfer pokemon into it from BW, BW2, XY, ORAS and the digital versions of RBY. From there you can put them into SM but you can't transfer them back into ORAS or XY, unsure about the other games but likely the same situation. Items will be sent back to the original game so no megastones unfortunately.

If you wanna look at that further, here's the link - http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-gb/pokemon-bank/
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

info - NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 13 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by Ariakai Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:46 am

Well at least there's a day/night cycle. Rockruff is still the dumbest thing ever but I wonder if having the legendary in your game effects it. Most people DO just trade for the opposite legendary...right?

Well I do anyway, cool as it looks (xerneas x3) it's not like legendaries are really any good in battle unless you mega-evolve them (or get good IVs and all the decent ones that are good in battle are apparently roamers so...yeah)

I hope we can still obtain mega stones somehow in the game though. Mega ampharos and altaria are the greatest things ever to me. D:

[quote="CallMeFreak"]
LlamaMinister wrote:
You can't blame them for trying.

Oh yes I can. Very Happy Video games are for hermits and introverts, social butterflies already dominated the playground and bullied us all as kids so they can stay out. >:L
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:44 am

Ariakai wrote:Oh yes I can. Very Happy Video games are for hermits and introverts, social butterflies already dominated the playground and bullied us all as kids so they can stay out. >:L

Agreed. That was basically all of my school life from 3rd grade to graduating high school.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:07 pm

By the way it's worded it might indicate that once you beat the game and catch the legendary you can evolve Rockruff into the opposite form based on Day/Night, hopefully.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:09 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Gamefaqs? What does that have to do with anything about this?

Anyway, I'm in the same boat as Aria where I prefer being the OT of a Pokemon I'm raising. Making a Pokemon version exclusive is fine, but making it have version exclusive evolutions is just plain dumb.

Gamefaqs is the perfect place to ask for Pokemon and tell people what you're offering. I've always been using them when I need help via Wi-Fi in a game. Again, version exclusive Pokemon has always been a thing. It really isn't that different for them to have evolution exclusives. If the problem is that you're getting the version with the Pokemon you don't want, just switch. If you want them both, ask somebody. It's been this way since 1996. They're not going to change... Ever, probably.

LlamaMinister wrote:
Ariakai wrote:Oh yes I can. Very Happy Video games are for hermits and introverts, social butterflies already dominated the playground and bullied us all as kids so they can stay out. >:L

Agreed. That was basically all of my school life from 3rd grade to graduating high school.

I'm the most anti-social person I know, but thanks to drugs (talk to your doctor) I was able to get friends and I'm engaged to somebody who I've been going out with for more than a decade even though I could barely talk to him when we first met. I would probably talk to a psychologist if you are really so anti-social that you can't even ask people online for help.
That's just my opinion based on experience.

Edit: I just realized what I said exactly. I meant legal anti-anxiety and/or anti-depressant drugs.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

http://callmefreakfujiko.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Again, I prefer being the OT of a Pokemon, which is the problem with version exclusive evolutions. They force you to trade to get a Pokemon you want, but because it's a version exclusive evolution, it can never truly be yours. Breeding it would just lead to getting your version exclusive Pokemon, and if I were to want to raise this Pokemon myself, I never can. That is, quite honestly, really, really dumb. And since I'm not a competitive battler, it becomes EVEN MORE difficult to get this evolution that I want.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:35 pm

But as of now we don't even know if either forms are competitively viable...
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:41 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:I'm not a competitive battler

It doesn't matter if it's competitively viable to everyone. I like getting Pokemon and raising them on my own just because that's fun to me. It's hardly ever to make it competitive. But I can't do that with this Pokemon.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:16 pm

noverys wrote:But as of now we don't even know if either forms are competitively viable...
I use NU Aurorus in OU among other things. They could have a niche even if not stellar all around.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:35 pm

CallMeFreak wrote:
LlamaMinister wrote:Gamefaqs? What does that have to do with anything about this?

Anyway, I'm in the same boat as Aria where I prefer being the OT of a Pokemon I'm raising. Making a Pokemon version exclusive is fine, but making it have version exclusive evolutions is just plain dumb.

Gamefaqs is the perfect place to ask for Pokemon and tell people what you're offering. I've always been using them when I need help via Wi-Fi in a game. Again, version exclusive Pokemon has always been a thing. It really isn't that different for them to have evolution exclusives. If the problem is that you're getting the version with the Pokemon you don't want, just switch. If you want them both, ask somebody. It's been this way since 1996. They're not going to change... Ever, probably.

LlamaMinister wrote:

I'm the most anti-social person I know, but thanks to drugs (talk to your doctor) I was able to get friends and I'm engaged to somebody who I've been going out with for more than a decade even though I could barely talk to him when we first met. I would probably talk to a psychologist if you are really so anti-social that you can't even ask people online for help.
That's just my opinion based on experience.

Edit: I just realized what I said exactly. I meant legal anti-anxiety and/or anti-depressant drugs.

Yeah...I guess you're not entirely aware that sounding like a PSA commercial isn't the best way to give people life advice. Especially when we didn't ask for it. Very Happy

LlamaMinister wrote:Again, I prefer being the OT of a Pokemon, which is the problem with version exclusive evolutions. They force you to trade to get a Pokemon you want, but because it's a version exclusive evolution, it can never truly be yours. Breeding it would just lead to getting your version exclusive Pokemon, and if I were to want to raise this Pokemon myself, I never can. That is, quite honestly, really, really dumb. And since I'm not a competitive battler, it becomes EVEN MORE difficult to get this evolution that I want.

One of my true joys in pokemon is breeding and raising a pokemon from lv. 1 - even transferring it for one level-up as a favor from a friend is...not something I want to do and have never, ever had to do in any other pokemon game.

Also worth noting that thanks to online, pokemon IS actually changing. You no longer have to risk RL confrontation to fully enjoy the game which I think is great for kids. (I guess some soccer moms might disagree but everyone knows how idiotic they are about electronics.) There are still some technophobic attitudes holding the games back from being truly online though, you can probably blame nintendo for that. Plus the original creator of pokemon seems to be under the naiive misconception that all kids have an equal shot at friendship and will act kind and helpful to each other.

Last edited by Ariakai on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:53 pm

I'd talk about why it's hard for me to talk to basically anyone, but that's better for a one-on-one talk, or in the Chatbox. (Speaking of which, let's try to get it populated again)
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:21 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:I'd talk about why it's hard for me to talk to basically anyone, but that's better for a one-on-one talk, or in the Chatbox. (Speaking of which, let's try to get it populated again)

Yeah that'd be nice... Tried getting on yesterday, guess I missed you. Very Happy

If you needed to vent some stuff, you can PM me. I got my own reasons for how I feel, but I feel like I might've derailed the thread too much already.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:23 pm

Well, I've vented a LOT, but I like letting people know stuff about me just so they have a better idea why I say or do what I do.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:24 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Again, I prefer being the OT of a Pokemon, which is the problem with version exclusive evolutions. They force you to trade to get a Pokemon you want, but because it's a version exclusive evolution, it can never truly be yours. Breeding it would just lead to getting your version exclusive Pokemon, and if I were to want to raise this Pokemon myself, I never can. That is, quite honestly, really, really dumb. And since I'm not a competitive battler, it becomes EVEN MORE difficult to get this evolution that I want.
You... You're complaining that you have to trade to get certain Pokemon. That is literally the main thing Satoshi wanted to do with his games for twenty years.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:37 pm

It's not the fact I have to trade to get it. It's the fact I literally can't raise the thing from scratch. Yeah, I know I have to trade for some Pokemon, but once I do that, I can breed them, hatch an egg, and then boom, it's mine. But I literally have the inability to do that with this Pokemon. I'm not complaining that I have to trade to get Pokemon. I'm complaining that I can't ever be the OT of this Pokemon solely on my own. I HAVE to rely on someone else to catch get this Pokemon for me, raise it for me, and evolve it for me.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:49 am

LlamaMinister wrote:It's not the fact I have to trade to get it. It's the fact I literally can't raise the thing from scratch. Yeah, I know I have to trade for some Pokemon, but once I do that, I can breed them, hatch an egg, and then boom, it's mine. But I literally have the inability to do that with this Pokemon. I'm not complaining that I have to trade to get Pokemon. I'm complaining that I can't ever be the OT of this Pokemon solely on my own. I HAVE to rely on someone else to catch get this Pokemon for me, raise it for me, and evolve it for me.
I don't know what to tell you then. It's really not a big deal. You don't have to have it be OT to train it in the way you want. Not with Reset bags.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:56 am

Freak, I'll only agree with you if they let us nickname pokemon from other trainers. But if they're not going to do that, then no.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:56 am

To you, it may not be a big deal, but to me, it is. And I'm not talking about raising it for competitive. I am not a competitive battler. I've said that a handful of times now. I like forming bonds with my Pokemon as I battle with them in game, not in the meta game.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:30 am

Though I do agree it's pretty stupid, there's not much we can do about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:33 am

noverys wrote:Though I do agree it's pretty stupid, there's not much we can do about it.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Valid point XD
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:37 pm

CallMeFreak wrote:
You... You're complaining that you have to trade to get certain Pokemon. That is literally the main thing Satoshi wanted to do with his games for twenty years.

Anyone who has played the games or at least been aware of them since gen 2 up knows the day-care is a thing that exists, as well as a ditto. Razz

Or did you forget about breeding? You do realize when you breed a pokemon you traded for another pokemon of the same species, you become the OT of that pokemon, right?

Dragon Arbock wrote:Freak, I'll only agree with you if they let us nickname pokemon from other trainers. But if they're not going to do that, then no.

Yeah that's always been an issue with me. Its trainer obviously didn't care about it that much otherwise they wouldn't have traded it away so why keep the sentimentality in-tact there?

LlamaMinister wrote:
noverys wrote:Though I do agree it's pretty stupid, there's not much we can do about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Valid point XD

We can still complain about it though. Very Happy But even on official forums nintendo does not listen to their fans.

Weirdly enough, gamefreak does sometimes. Too bad they got stuck with nintendo.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Why do things seem to get progressively more passive aggressive after I've said my stuff and gone for only a few hours? Anyway that aside, a video game has to cater to a wide audience to do well, if any game only catered to introverts then the game would be a complete failure in terms of sales and such and the company could be ruined for it. Despite what people might think, a lot of people who buy games and play them have good social lives. Essentially the companies don't care, for the simple reason that if they did focus just on giving an experience for introverts, they'd lose a lot of money, being a business that's how it is and always will be, making sure that they sell to as wide an audience as possible while keeping to their target market, which is almost always based on age alone.

That said there's an active community on the Silver League. Since we don't know what method it takes to evolve rockruff yet, the current solution would be to find someone on here who you know well and such with the other copy and trade over, get it evolved and then trade back. I don't really see the commotion either, the only difference is aesthetic, one attack that it learns differently and then it's other ability being different, I really don't see any point in fussing over those differences unless you're really into competitive. It's just a game too, being a game there's gonna be something some people won't like. There's always something like that in a game, but this seems to just keep being blown out of proportion, so let's all just calm down about it and deal with what we've got. Because there's no use complaining over something that's not gonna be changed, especially with an easy work around, we've just got to accept what they're giving and move on with it.
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:01 pm

There is one massive problem I have with what you're saying, Istas. They have to make games to a wide audience of people, yes, but they also have to make games in accordance to their fans. If the fans really don't like something, we need to let them know somehow. Otherwise they'll just keep making things we might not like, so we'll stop playing the new games, they'll lose a profit, and the series has potential to completely hault. We basically control what they make. We complain now, they don't do those things later. We don't complain, they keep doing new things. New things that we might not like. I'm totally fine with experimentation, but if I think something is dumb, I'm going to voice my opinion on it and explain why I don't like said thing.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:17 pm

I get what you mean there, from my knowledge of developers, it'll either happen in some form of patch after release if things go sideways or they'll see how things go with this game and from there make a decision on what to do next, if how they've done it is well received then it'll go down that line and if it isn't it'll go in the opposite direction in the future, though different devs can go about things in a different way so I don't know for certain. I see this more of a test to see what happens with it for now, due to it seemingly being for only one pokemon, but I think we ought to reserve judgement on it until the game actually comes out, because jumping on things too quick without knowing everything doesn't always end well. So I'm just asking that we see how it goes before anything happens. Who knows, maybe I'll end up thinking it was a completely stupid move on their part by the time everything's out in the open. I'm just trying to keep myself neutral with this if I can and I don't have a real opinion on it for the time being. Mainly the reason I've avoided getting into the discussion about this topic. I think I'll just keep to looking for info for now on here, but don't get so worked up about it for now, that's the only real reason I posted that, and I do understand I didn't get everything right there either.
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:23 pm

I feel like SM as a whole is trying too hard to be different. I don't think most of what it's doing will be carried over to another game after, hopefully.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next