Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

+13
Dragon Arbock
verys
Pixel Profligate
TriShade
Kitten
FutureCreator
Karasugaming
Zenox-rmp
Ichiyama22
Yria/Mara LB
Professor Morel
ikey123
Hex Maniac Quinn
17 posters

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

pokemon - NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 12 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by Istas Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:26 pm

I think it might be just for sun and moon to make it unique to every other game, kinda like Hawaii is IRL or it might just be gen specific. Though I think they'll bring back megas when everyone whines about it.
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

pokemon - NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 12 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:28 pm

I sure hope it's Gen specific.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Apex Leo Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:01 pm

In all honesty this trailer felt a little lacking to me. Yeah yeah we got the monkey Pokemon but I'm sick and tired of the memes and these things are appearing to be more double battle based . Rockruffs evolution is explained but I don't think it be a Pokemon worth using unless they have a decent hidden ability. The z moves seem a bit pointless after seeing what else gets a z move. Customization is improved but that seems to be expected and refresh...at least we don't have to spend money on trying to buy status items
Apex Leo
Apex Leo
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:51 pm

They have to have Mega Evolutions back. I mean, unless they don't intend on giving the player a Mega Bracelet in the game. There's undoubtedly going to be players sending their Pokemon with Mega Stones from ORAS and X&Y to S&... Sun and Moon. Plus they already have the code for it so it wouldn't make sense not to have Mega Evolutions in the game. I'm just not positive that we're going to be getting any new ones.
It's possible that we'll have a bracelet that can hold both gems.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

http://callmefreakfujiko.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:33 am

Mm, you can't send the mega stones from XYORAS to SM. The transfer is going to be done through bank, and pokemon bank sends items back to the bag- you can't store hold items there.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:48 am

Dragon Arbock wrote:Mm, you can't send the mega stones from XYORAS to SM. The transfer is going to be done through bank, and pokemon bank sends items back to the bag- you can't store hold items there.
What? Why not? So if you gave a Pokemon an item to hold you can't send it to the bank?!
What the hell Gamefreak?!
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:52 am

LlamaMinister wrote:Well, they kinda said that Rockruff evolves into each of those based on version.
I also didn't really care about Pokemon-Amie. It was just something for me to do after I beat Y, and I didn't even touch it in AS. I get why they took customization out of ORAS since it wasn't there in the original games, and they wanted it to be played through with the RSE characters, which I get (but I'm still mad at them for redesigning Kris in HGSS because she was AWESOME in GSC), though I would have liked customization to be there.
And I feel, personally, like Z moves are super gimmicky, and I don't like them since they said EVERY Pokemon gets to use them, but then some Pokemon have to give up an item slot for their specific Z move, which is just kind of dumb to me. With Eevees, at least it makes more sense since it gets an actual boost, but giving up an item for an attack I can only do once just seems dumb in all other cases.

You'd have to trade for a pokemon from the other version then though and who wants to raise a pokemon youre not the OT of? Doing that would mess up a lot of people, especially since I liked sun's variant more.

I thought moon would just be night when it was day and day when it was night, are they also removing passing time in the games now?

CallMeFreak wrote:
Dragon Arbock wrote:Mm, you can't send the mega stones from XYORAS to SM. The transfer is going to be done through bank, and pokemon bank sends items back to the bag- you can't store hold items there.
What? Why not? So if you gave a Pokemon an item to hold you can't send it to the bank?!
What the hell Gamefreak?!

I've wondered this too, it's incredibly stupid. Maybe they don't want hackers giving themselves a bunch of master balls? But that wouldn't explain ALL items because it wouldn't be that hard to just say "no pokeballs" if they can already check for illegal pokemon because they could just add that as a stipulation.

You can still trade items between the 2 games if you have another 3DS or a trusted friend - it's kind of a pain in the ass though, maybe they want people to go through the extra hassle for berry collectors or mega stones? Maybe they figure people will keep their stones in their versions of the game if the threat of them being stolen by someone else is a risk they have to take to transfer? But I can't see how that benefits them either.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:18 am

Ariakai, they aren't removing the day and night cycle, it's just that pokemon moon will set itself 12 hours forward based on your 3ds clock, so you get the feeling of playing more at night. In moon there will still be day, but you'd have to wait till nightfall in real life for it to start.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:45 am

What Future said Ariakai is true no way on earth are they removing the day night cycle thats been in the game for 5 generations (excluding RBGY) and that they are set 12 hours apart. keep in mind though with Lycanroc that even if you evolve rockruff at night in sun it will still be midday form and if you evolve rockruff during the day in moon it will sitll be midnight form seeing as they HAVE been confirmed as version exclusives. on account that there has only been new pokemon and Z-moves I highly doubt there will be new mega evolutions. some leaks have stipulated that there will be megas but not any brand new ones and allegedly how the mega evolution will work (keep in mind allegedly) will be the player will set in their Z-Ring a mega stone allowing the mega evolved pokemon to still hold an item meaning that like mega rayquaza it can have a fancy choice scarf on its arm whilst destroying opponents.
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:57 pm

Eh.. until I see a daytime screen shot from Moon, I won't be so sure. It could easily be like RSE which has an in game clock, but the world itself always stays day. You could still evolve Eevee into Umbreon, but it never actually got dark.

Also, there better be a mega Flygon. I hate Z moves enough as is, but if they get in the way of that SM will be below even BW for me.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:33 am

Dragon Arbock wrote:Eh.. until I see a daytime screen shot from Moon, I won't be so sure. It could easily be like RSE which has an in game clock, but the world itself always stays day. You could still evolve Eevee into Umbreon, but it never actually got dark.

Also, there better be a mega Flygon. I hate Z moves enough as is, but if they get in the way of that SM will be below even BW for me.
They wanted to have a Mega Flygon in ORAS but Sugimori couldn't find a way to add to it's already awesome design, so unless that changed I wouldn't expect a Mega Flygon anytime soon.

So it looks like I'm going to play at night most of the time in Sun, and my fiance will be playing during the day in Pokemon Moon.
sleepinginftw
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:36 pm

I still don't really see it confirmed anywhere that its forms are version-exclusive. At least, not on serebii.

That would still be incredibly stupid. You'd have to basically trade to get the other form and again, who wants to raise a pokemon you aren't the OT of? Surely gamefreak knows that most people immediately breed whatever pokemon they trade so they're the OT of it and it starts at lv.1 so they can raise it how they want without having to spend some kind of currency item for move tutors or grind super training to find reset bags/use a bunch of berries to lower EVs?

Because if they don't, I can't see rockruff being that popular for PvP and I can't imagine they'd want to do that? They've made crap pokemon before in the past but since gen 4 onward they've been way more savvy about what people want out of battles (like making region birds that aren't trash by midgame that you have to replace with a gravity-defying ostrich to not get stomped on) and this would effectively undo some of that.

As far as moon being 12 hours ahead...that was my original assumption about it and why I'm getting it. I am mostly awake all night so in pokemon games I rarely see what it looks like in the daytime, I hope the day-night cycle still exists visually for this reason because it'd suck if it doesn't. I'd like them to make this an improvement over XY and I really hope it doesn't feel like the step backward to RSE this thread is making it sound like.

I didn't know you could evolve eevee in emerald. Didn't help you don't really get one and I had to cheat my espeon over from pokemon XD just to find out, tried leveling up one I bred several times, nothing happened. If there's one thing I can do it's calculate and raise pokemon happiness on-the-fly too since as a kid I largely raised eevees in LG.

side-note: not the only person who doesn't like BW...I like its pokemon lineup but I don't like unova. Can't even motivate myself to beat black.

CallMeFreak wrote:
Dragon Arbock wrote:Eh.. until I see a daytime screen shot from Moon, I won't be so sure. It could easily be like RSE which has an in game clock, but the world itself always stays day. You could still evolve Eevee into Umbreon, but it never actually got dark.

They wanted to have a Mega Flygon in ORAS but Sugimori couldn't find a way to add to it's already awesome design, so unless that changed I wouldn't expect a Mega Flygon anytime soon.

So it looks like I'm going to play at night most of the time in Sun, and my fiance will be playing during the day in Pokemon Moon.
sleepinginftw

You give it more wings, more spikes, and some fluff like they did with literally every other mega evolution.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:41 pm

pokemon - NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 12 Screen10

Says it right here.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:39 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:pokemon - NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 12 Screen10

Says it right here.

That is incredibly stupid. I wanted to use its sun form in-game too but not if I have to trade for it, fuck using a pokemon I'm not the OT of. :1

I can't imagine my attitude is all that unique, are gamefreak really this stupid?

That means it is entirely possible we might not get a visual day-night cycle either. It's not a deal-breaker for me but it's a pretty big deal-bender to basically be thrown back to the stupidity that was gen 3 not having visual representations of time even though gen 2 did. Surely they cannot be THAT stupid right?
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:47 pm

They clearly are.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:34 am

Ariakai wrote:
LlamaMinister wrote:pokemon - NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 12 Screen10

Says it right here.

That is incredibly stupid. I wanted to use its sun form in-game too but not if I have to trade for it, fuck using a pokemon I'm not the OT of. :1

I can't imagine my attitude is all that unique, are gamefreak really this stupid?

That means it is entirely possible we might not get a visual day-night cycle either. It's not a deal-breaker for me but it's a pretty big deal-bender to basically be thrown back to the stupidity that was gen 3 not having visual representations of time even though gen 2 did. Surely they cannot be THAT stupid right?
They've always had version exclusive Pokemon. The goal from the beginning was to have people make friends through their love for Pokemon, and I'm positive that there will be a bunch of "wolf for werewolf" GTS trading.
They told us that the games are twelve hours apart, strongly implying that both games will have both cycles.

You give it more wings, more spikes, and some fluff like they did with literally every other mega evolution.
Well, they're not technically entirely new Pokemon, so you can't really blame them for just updating the looks slightly for the Pokemon. The artist said it himself that he got artists block from coming up with a new design for mega Flygon.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:47 am

Just because they will have time cycles doesn't necessarily mean they will have visual day and night cycles. Will they? Most likely, since it's been consistent Gen 5 and on, but it's still entirely possible it's not there at all.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 am

LlamaMinister wrote:Just because they will have time cycles doesn't necessarily mean they will have visual day and night cycles. Will they? Most likely, since it's been consistent Gen 5 and on, but it's still entirely possible it's not there at all.
It would honestly seem schitzophrenic to make a day and night system but not have them switch, even more so when that is a selling point of the game.

Ariakai wrote:I wanted to use its sun form in-game too but not if I have to trade for it, fuck using a pokemon I'm not the OT of.
Or you could, you know, just get it right before it needs to evolve, trade it, have someone evolve it in their version and then trade it back.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:33 am

The selling point is the games being 12 hours apart in game, which means, if Game Freak is losing their shit, they might make time stagnant in each game so if you wanted to play it during the day, then "sorry 'bout'cha, gotta buy a new game." I mean, the games are even named after the moon and the sun. What would the point of that be if you could play Moon while it's daytime in the game?
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:24 am

LlamaMinister wrote:The selling point is the games being 12 hours apart in game, which means, if Game Freak is losing their shit, they might make time stagnant in each game so if you wanted to play it during the day, then "sorry 'bout'cha, gotta buy a new game." I mean, the games are even named after the moon and the sun. What would the point of that be if you could play Moon while it's daytime in the game?
What's the point of getting more Diamond and Pearl? What's the point of getting both Black and White? There has never been a point other than forcing you to make friends. And they never said that one would exclusively be nighttime and the other day time. They just said that they're twelve hours apart. So I guess technically speaking one is taking place across the other.
There are some places in the world that are twelve hours ahead of where ever you live. In America it would be some places in Australia and Argentina.
It would be interesting to see if there's a small change to change the entire plot again like in X and Y.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:30 am

Forcing you to make friends or forcing you to get two systems and games so you cam get the version exclusive Pokemon, because there are some people, like me, who are too anti-social and introverted to go out and make friends.

And yes, I know there is nothing saying that this is how it'll be. That's why I said: "Will they [have a day and night cycle]? Most likely" earlier. But all I'm saying is that these games have the potential to not have this feature since it ultimately isn't necessary and would help drive home a big point of the game's names.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:51 am

LlamaMinister wrote:Forcing you to make friends or forcing you to get two systems and games so you cam get the version exclusive Pokemon, because there are some people, like me, who are too anti-social and introverted to go out and make friends.

And yes, I know there is nothing saying that this is how it'll be. That's why I said: "Will they [have a day and night cycle]? Most likely" earlier. But all I'm saying is that these games have the potential to not have this feature since it ultimately isn't necessary and would help drive home a big point of the game's names.

Being 12 hours apart drives home their names pretty well already though - oh, and the legendaries, which is the thing that is supposed to drive home their names since gen 2 in the first place.

I, too, am also pretty introverted though. (Gamefreak might hate introverts but guess what, that's the main audience of video games so they cannot hope to forever drive us away. >Very Happy) The GTS makes life much easier for me so I don't feel obligated to reach out to people just for the sake of completing a game and I personally feel like a lot of things you have to do to complete the pokedex are really underhanded. (Events. I want my progress in a game to be determined by how much time I spend playing the game, not whether or not I can manage to carpool or afford the gas money to drive to a freaking toys R us I have no other reason to go into.) But being able to trade on the GTS for version-exclusive pokemon still means that, outside legendaries, you can just breed the pokemon and make it yours, then toss the other one out, or up on wonder trade. Or keep it in a box if it has a good ability or good stats. Or if you just want to masuda but lack a ditto with decent stats. Having a pokemon that can only evolve in a specific version of the game is incredibly different as you can't just trade for a sun rocruff in moon, you have to actually own sun, or know someone who does.

Even though I will probably have 1-2 friends who get sun, I would still prefer being able to play a game singleplayer except for random encounters with other players over the passerby or acquaintance features (which hopefully don't get dropped, fingers crossed) just because throwing things up on the GTS and just checking in later is a lot easier than having to actually coordinate a schedule, especially when I'm mostly awake at night and in the morning when everyone else is either sleeping or at work and I am never around at noon or in the evenings when everyone else is gaming so I just end up playing singleplayer or with randos anyway.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:27 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Forcing you to make friends or forcing you to get two systems and games so you cam get the version exclusive Pokemon, because there are some people, like me, who are too anti-social and introverted to go out and make friends.

This is what Wi-Fi and Gamefaqs are for. >w>

You can't blame them for trying.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Gamefaqs? What does that have to do with anything about this?

Anyway, I'm in the same boat as Aria where I prefer being the OT of a Pokemon I'm raising. Making a Pokemon version exclusive is fine, but making it have version exclusive evolutions is just plain dumb.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:20 pm

Heh, I would never go to game faqs for assistance with Pokemon. Neoseeker, maybe.
And version exclusive pokemon are on thing. Once I have one I can breed it and train as many as I like without further assistance. But evolutions? That is absurd to me, and is going to be annoying. Trade evolution are already annoying enough, but now only 50% or less people can actually do it.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next