Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've Always Loved Your Videos, and I Think It's Finally Time to Join.

3 posters

Go down

I've Always Loved Your Videos, and I Think It's Finally Time to Join.  Empty I've Always Loved Your Videos, and I Think It's Finally Time to Join.

Post by Nickjustnick Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:18 pm

I've Always Loved Your Videos, and I Think It's Finally Time to Join.  15039510

Good evening Silver League,

It's Nick... just, Nick.

I've long been enthralled with the SL tournament videos, and the whole Ginune War lore and storytelling, but I've never had the free time to consider participating or actually competing in your events. But now that I have some time, and a stable wifi connection that my 3DS can use, I would really like to hone by battling skills with you guys. I worked at a tech-y nerd camp over the summer teaching high school kids, and there were some who would bring their 3DS's with them to camp. Though we mostly did Pokemon Go, just for fun, I put a sign on my door that said I was the camp gym leader, and it turns out I got a lot of challengers. I had Omega Ruby at the time, and I had some really cool teams. Actually, the team I would used to battle the teens most often was an all-steel type team.

For the whole summer- no one was able to defeat me: not any of the kids, nor any of the other instructors.

Fast-forward to October, I drew this team that I would use for Pokemon Sun with PaintTool SAI. Though, I still have not found a shiny Cutiefly. And I ended up replacing Slowking for Primarina, which by the time had I reached the E4, I had replaced with a Kingdra I nabbed through a Horsea QR scan, luckily holding a dragon scale. So (I believe) the Japanese in the picture reads "Nick tries to play Pokemon Sun", but it's a mixture of Hiragana and Katakana, so it may be slightly off.

Anyway, I'd love a chance to get to participate in the Alola Champ Battle Festival Tournament, and here's a picture preview of my champion team (if you swap out Slowking for Kingdra, and then pretend my Ribombee is pink).
Nickjustnick
Nickjustnick
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

I've Always Loved Your Videos, and I Think It's Finally Time to Join.  Empty Re: I've Always Loved Your Videos, and I Think It's Finally Time to Join.

Post by Professor Morel Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Bonjour, Nick! I quite enjoyed your story of being the gym leader and being the undefeated Steel-type user. I would love to attempt similar but, well, my skills lie anywhere that isn't competitive battling unfortunately. (I also love the posing of your Alola Team!)

Hope to see you in the Alola Champ tournament, though; and I officially welcome you to the Silver League forums!
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

I've Always Loved Your Videos, and I Think It's Finally Time to Join.  Empty Re: I've Always Loved Your Videos, and I Think It's Finally Time to Join.

Post by Nickjustnick Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:06 pm

If the posing seems similar, I based it off the Death Parade intro haha
I've Always Loved Your Videos, and I Think It's Finally Time to Join.  Iceaxb10
And yeah it's nice to meet you!
Now I came really close to losing to this one guy who brought a team of 6 Darkrai... that was certainly interesting match. But besides that I was really impressed with the strategies the kids came up with. And for the ones who were just battling me with their in-game teams, I was also able to teach them a lot of things too about how to get started with breeding and using some niche moves to catch your opponent off guard. It was a lot of fun.
Nickjustnick
Nickjustnick
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:41 pm

I love Death Parade, so perhaps that's why I liked your team so much!

It's great you were able to teach them tactics, though. Oh how I wish I'd gotten any form of tutor beyond simply playing the games straight when I was starting out. Now I just enjoy using Pokémon I like and attempting failed strategies around them, which mainly comes down to praying my Wobbuffet KOs all six of the enemy team.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Hello there and welcome. If you haven't come across it by now, the tournament will be held at the site's chat page, found here;
http://www.thesilverleague.com/ambercrest-chat.php
Also, pretty cool art.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Nickjustnick Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Ah ok, I'm still learning, how do I message him through Ambercrest chat?

And thank you! I'm still learning but it was fun using SAI again.
Nickjustnick
Nickjustnick
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:22 pm

If you are on the chat, look for the name League Master Silver August, click it, and message him that you want to join. If he is not on message someone with a white pawn who will pass the message onto him.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Nickjustnick Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Ok, I think I messaged him correctly this time ha. I just learned how to use IRC chat last week for something completely unrelated so now I'm just learning how to use this one
Nickjustnick
Nickjustnick
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down