Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

+13
Dragon Arbock
verys
Pixel Profligate
TriShade
Kitten
FutureCreator
Karasugaming
Zenox-rmp
Ichiyama22
Yria/Mara LB
Professor Morel
ikey123
Hex Maniac Quinn
17 posters

Page 14 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 14 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:28 pm

I getcha. For me, and just based on the info Game Freak has given us, I don't like it as of now. It may be a really good or cool thing explained poorly. But for me, it falls in line with the UBs as of now with the info we know. Kinda dumb as is, but might potentially work. Admittedly, I explaained my side poorly, and I apologize for that. But my overall throughts on it, as we know right now, remain the same.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 14 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by Istas Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:31 pm

As a side note on it being different and games overall, I think in general that every so often, a dev will release a game as part of one of their biggest series where they just put new things in and try it all out to see what does and doesn't work and from there the next game is a combination of what worked in the last one and what would work better than whatever they had, it's a risky thing to do as it usually ends up in a somewhat mediocre game a lot of the time, but it's just something I see happen from time to time and might not be the case here, who knows. But I do agree with you there, I think this game is just gonna diverge from the traditional pokemon formula just for this game.
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:29 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:I feel like SM as a whole is trying too hard to be different. I don't think most of what it's doing will be carried over to another game after, hopefully.

I actually like some of what it's doing because I feel like it just adds to the games and doesn't replace anything - the pokemon snap thing has me super excited as well as getting to treasure hunt and some of the neat minigames - but I can't see them keeping the progression for future games because it subtracts far too much from what people are used to whereas stuff like pokemon refresh is just an extra feature that you might not even need to do.

Also re: discussion about companies. I don't usually argue on the business point because I've been screwed over by game companies (usually publishers, go figure Very Happy) to really try to predict how their minds think but speaking as a person who also happens to want to create content someday, I can tell you that with a lot of creative content does have personal desires or perspectives inside of it. The person who created pokemon wanted to make something with interaction at the heart of it. They obviously saw some benefit for kids there and thought this would be a good idea - whether or not the series succeeds because of his core design philosophy and not on sheer dumb luck or the many other factors is up for debate and a question the rest of the gaming industry has been trying to answer for 2 decades and failed, but regardless of all that, I personally disagree with him. I think his intent was misguided and naiive and whether or not the rest of the world agrees or disagrees with me is of no consequence for one reason, most people cannot relate to my life experiences and have no idea what it feels like to deal with the kind of adversity I have and I will only take someone seriously if they have, even if it means they disagree with me about kids who had less adversity to deal with encroaching on my territory. Yes, it works from a business side because there are more people with normal lives in the world than people with troubled ones, hence why their lives are referred to as "normal", but that doesn't change how I feel about it or the fact that it started as a personal choice and not a business one and only became a business's concern after the games became successful and not even they can say the reason was because of that aspect.

Plus trying to be objective about this sprt of thing would be extremely arrogant on my part. I don't have a business degree, I'm terrible at statistical math, and I don't know anyone who works or has worked on the business side of the industry. I've known, met, and talked to plenty of game developers but most of those were indies or people who used to work in the development side and quit, and I am not gonna pretend I know what does and doesn't work in the industry, let alone a specific company, when college-educated and experienced statistics workers for huge companies can't crack that nut.

I can say, though, that based on how I and almost everyone I've ever met plays pokemon, this one thing will likely be widely unpopular and either changed or scrapped - most likely changed since gamefreak has never scrapped a pokemon or type, just changed your method of obtaining it depending on the games and since this pokemon's method appears to be linked to the legendary that hs game-exclusive, just linking it to day/night cycles in future games and saying it just applied to this one region would be really easy to do not only because it canonically makes sense but would pacify everyone. There is most likely not going to be anyone who loves or even likes this feature, at best - and this can even be observed here - people will tolerate it and unless someone at gamefreak really likes the feature themselves or they feel it serves their original game design philosophy for pokemon, which I will not rule out at this point, a feature people simply tolerate as a matter of course being the best-case scenario is generally changed in the next iteration of games.

...unless you're sonic team, in which case you just fire everyone and start from complete scratch Very Happy
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:21 pm

There's a strong rumor confirming mega evolutions in the game. (You're going to have to drag the image to a new tab since it's too big and I can't get it small enough while at the same time make it readable.)

Spoiler:

Here's basically the information you need on this. I'm too tired to read it myself right now.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

http://callmefreakfujiko.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:12 pm

It could also be referring to a new Pokemon.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:33 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:It could also be referring to a new Pokemon.
Uhm from what Freak gave as info there is literally nothing even hinting at a new pokemon. It mentions Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon by name and talks about that little dragon pokemon.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Sorry, I didn't realize that she had linked something.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:47 pm

CallMeFreak wrote:There's a strong rumor confirming mega evolutions in the game. (You're going to have to drag the image to a new tab since it's too big and I can't get it small enough while at the same time make it readable.)

Spoiler:

Here's basically the information you need on this. I'm too tired to read it myself right now.

That is a really awesome find, breathing a sigh of relief that I might not have to give up mega ampharos. Also, I guess this means they are not only keeping them in the games, but adding new ones?
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:48 pm

I doubt they'd add new ones with Alola forms being the big new thing.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Yeah probably not. Still wish I could've gotten a mega breloom though. D:
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:57 pm

I'm happy with Mega Banette :3
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:32 pm

I have no idea if there's going to be any new Mega Pokemon or not. Personally I don't really care for some reason. Don't get me wrong, certain Pokemon do need a Mega. I want a Mega Raichu (just so that translation error "My Raichu Went And Evolved" will finally kind of be true) and a Mega Butterfree, to compliment the Mega Beedrill.
Otherwise I guess my wants are the same as anybody elses as far as Megas go. It would be interesting to have an Alolan Form with a Mega Evolution to see if that counts or not.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:49 am

Although it does look pretty legit, I'm still gonna take this with a grain of salt until it either comes out in the corocoro preview at some point or Pokemon officially confirm it, until then I'm not getting my hopes up. The other thing is that the article doesn't specify where the source came from "a Japanese magazine" is all it says, which is a big problem for this because you can't tell if it's a reliable source or not, despite its appearances leaning toward it being real. For now though, we'll just have to wait and see.
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by Apex Leo Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:19 pm

Honestly I don't know what to think about megas at this point. I feel like there does need to be more but at the same time to quote silver " the gen 6 OU is a bit boring " ( don't hold me to that half the time I don't even know what I'm talking about) and I have to agree because it's just flat out boring seeing teams with similar Pokemon and I actually respect a person that uses an original team to win. But I also agree that they gave too many to popular Pokemon and either should've done it to least used or not do it at all. However if they don't continue there goes my hopes for a mega Raichu with a dream set. Tough the alolan form is cool. Not expected but cool( tough wish it's a version exclusive and make the other version a water type)

Speaking of alolan forms I feel like if the dpp remakes are coming than they're going to be short of ideas of alolan forms as the only Pokemon not available from dpp are from bw. Xy and sn .... Tough I'm usually wrong so prove it to me
Apex Leo
Apex Leo
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:28 am

You guys seen this yet?

Pretty upset about how the grass starter looks, might as well get him a hot topic t-shirt.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:29 am

new news and I'm really pleased with this, first off the starters are looking pretty good, aside from the owl with curtains Razz and we might actually get pure water and fire starters this time around. Then it looks like we might have actual multiplayer of some kind. After that there's more pokemon grooming style things for your box pokemon. And now we can confirm the mega evolution is returning. and there's gonna be a demo too that'll also bring in the 'synchro evolution' and we'll be getting the Ash-Greninja. Probably the best update they've given so far.
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:35 am

Looking through the sun and moon website at the extra things it says about the new stuff and there's a few thing involving the online play, competitive scene and some other things that's gonna shake up battling.

One of the things I found really interesting was this here.

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 14 Own_co10

This probably looks to be the best feature for the Silver League as a whole on the competitive side of things. Judging by this it's gonna make the SL competitions and Champions League go a lot smoother when the game comes out, so good things.

If you wanna read up on all the different things coming into online play here's the link: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-gb/new-pokemon-global-link-features/
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:21 pm

The post game's gonna be fun for a while.
The middle evolutions are so CUTE! Heee~!
Oh, and Mega-Evolutions confirmed. They didn't really need to show us a bunch of them that are already a thing though.

Oh and Ash-Greninja. I dunno if I want one though since apparently it can lose to a mega-Charizard!
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:32 pm

essentially they just showed those ones to feature them in the trailer as the ones you're gonna be able to use, most of the megastones are gonna be bought with BP in endgame according to an image on the sun and moon website and some of them you get from talking to people.

But yeah I know what you mean there, though from Ash-Greninja's description it's going to have one of the best, if not the best speed stat a pokemon can have, at least that's what I gathered from this "Ash-Greninja's leg strength has been enhanced compared to an ordinary Greninja, making it difficult to see because of the speed at which it can move. It takes its enemies out in a flash! It becomes able to make giant Water Shurikens on its back, and it can throw them in rapid succession." It could also suggest that water shuriken changes and becomes a better attack when Greninja transforms.

And here's their quick summary of how it works too. "Greninja that can become Ash-Greninja have an Ability that no Pokémon has ever had before—Battle Bond. The Battle Bond Ability triggers this Pokémon’s form change to Ash-Greninja after it causes an opponent’s Pokémon to faint. When the battle ends, the Pokémon returns to its original Greninja form. This form is only for battles where it needs to break the limits!" So it looks straightforward.
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Istas wrote:essentially they just showed those ones to feature them in the trailer as the ones you're gonna be able to use, most of the megastones are gonna be bought with BP in endgame according to an image on the sun and moon website and some of them you get from talking to people.

But yeah I know what you mean there, though from Ash-Greninja's description it's going to have one of the best, if not the best speed stat a pokemon can have, at least that's what I gathered from this "Ash-Greninja's leg strength has been enhanced compared to an ordinary Greninja, making it difficult to see because of the speed at which it can move. It takes its enemies out in a flash! It becomes able to make giant Water Shurikens on its back, and it can throw them in rapid succession." It could also suggest that water shuriken changes and becomes a better attack when Greninja transforms.

And here's their quick summary of how it works too. "Greninja that can become Ash-Greninja have an Ability that no Pokémon has ever had before—Battle Bond. The Battle Bond Ability triggers this Pokémon’s form change to Ash-Greninja after it causes an opponent’s Pokémon to faint. When the battle ends, the Pokémon returns to its original Greninja form. This form is only for battles where it needs to break the limits!" So it looks straightforward.

...It used nothing BUT Water Shuriken and yet... Well, there's a reason why I stopped watching the anime over a decade ago.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:45 pm

yeah, I get why. This might just be another one of their tests for another type of evolution that we'll see more of in the future or something like that. If that's the case then I think it's acceptable, unless it ends up being unnecessarily overpowered etc.
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by Apex Leo Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:10 pm

(Sees the new trailer. And proceeds to run back and forth saying oh my gosh at a high speed)

The stater evolutions look awesome especially Popplio I can't wait to see their final stages. The pokeplaza.... Thank you thank you for bringing back join avenue. The islands are actually a good idea as it makes Pokemon you don't use useful and will this replace the daycare. And greninja................leave. Just leave.
Apex Leo
Apex Leo
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:25 pm

I will make a competitive Ash-Greninja and NO ONE CAN STOP ME >Very Happy also no dual typings till final evolutions ;-;
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Apex Leo Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:02 pm

I swear if I see ash greninja in almost every team come release...I'm going to bang my head on a brick wall
Apex Leo
Apex Leo
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:51 pm

It's definitely going on my team for sun and moon xD Idc if I have both popplio and greninja I'll do it xD
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next