Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters

+3
Karasugaming
Pixel Profligate
BetaX
7 posters

Go down

Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Empty Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters

Post by BetaX Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:01 am

Here They Are!!!
Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Pokemo11
Which Starters Would You Pick?

I have so many stuff that I need to finish. The Kamen Rider Project, the Mugshot Tutorial. Anyway, this is one of my major project that I need to do. and it's a Fakemon Rom Hack. Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus is going to be a Rom Hack of Pokemon Fire Red. I really need your help to make this Rom Hack. Now so far, I drew a bunch of Fakemon, and I mean a bunch of them, well technically over 50 Fakemon. But if you have any concept of a Fakemon just post here and if it's good enough, it'll be in the game. I also drew the Team Organization, the Gym Leaders, and the Champion. Now the Rom Hack isn't great because, well, it's just Pokemon Fire Red but with Fakemon, Team Oganization, the Gym Leaders, and the Champion. THAT'S IT. Some of you were disappointed in me well I have very little of knowing how to Rom Hack and I'm too lazy... but Eh, I tried.

Last edited by BetaX on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Empty Re: Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:04 am

Busheep:
This one is by far the best one. The shading is mostly solid, however, it could have benefited from a tad more in general. The design is solid and fairly unique for a starter, and I really like it. I really don't have that much more to say about it.

Puppyro:
This one looks...off. It's the eye, I think. It looks far too big for its head, and it kinda just creeps me out slightly, but that may just be me. The shading could use some work here and there, and the fur doesn't really look like fur, to be honest. The shading doesn't detail it enough to make it look more like fur. The design in general, while okay, reminds me far too much of a Growlithe. It also reminds me of Manectric, too. It feels like it could have been more original, but it is still a decent design.

Turtlette:
This is probably the least inspired one of the bunch. You essentially just made a quadrapedal, slightly bulkier Squirtle. It seems redundant, and could have been a better idea. As for the actual sprite work, it's just meh. The shading is alright in most places, but the shell could have used, well, some shading in general. It just seems rushed compared to the others. "Meh" is the best way I can desribe it.

If you would be open to it, would you allow me to edit them to show you what I mean? It would just make it easier to explain and understand.

Now, as for choosing one, I'd easily have to go with Busheep because it looks the most original and is pretty adorable, in my opinion.

Last edited by LlamaMinister on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Empty I would choose

Post by Karasugaming Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:58 am

Busheep
I have a fondness for grass types and I can't wait to see its evolutions and hopefully a mega evolution
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Empty Re: Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters

Post by Yria/Mara LB Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:02 am

Busheep and Puppyro look the most '' original ''. Turtlette just looks to much like Squirtle. (If you get what I mean). For the water type starter I suggest not using a turtle as origin. Altough he does look cool, it is kinda repetetive.

I mostly choose for water types.. But well I'm going for Puppyro, just becuse its overall cuteness.
And well maybe I will draw some fakemon (I cant sprite Pokémon okay! XD)
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:35 pm

I expect you guys think that one of my starters is unoriginal, especially the water type one. So here more info to the starters.
Name: Busheep
Type: Grass-Type
Classification: The Bush Lamb Pokemon
Entry: This adorable Pokemon is really hard to find because it can camouflage into a bush.
Busheep evolves to Grotton at level 18 and Grotton evolves to Garagiga at level 38.
Name: Puppyro
Type: Fire-Type
Classification: The Puppy Pokemon
Entry: This Pokemon once a popular pet long time ago. Nowadays, it was it really rare.
Puppyro evolves to Growleone at level 16 and Growleone evolves to Drakomaine at level 36
Name: Turtlette
Type: Water-Type
Classification: The Baby Turtle Pokemon
Entry: It was rumored that this Pokemon is the a baby of one of the most ferocious Pokemon out there.
Turtlette evolves to Tortolisk at level 17 and Tortolisk evolves to Turtozira at level 38
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:37 pm

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Busheep and Puppyro look the most '' original ''. Turtlette just looks to much like Squirtle. (If you get what I mean). For the water type starter I suggest not using a turtle as origin. Altough he does look cool, it is kinda repetetive.

I mostly choose for water types.. But well I'm going for Puppyro, just becuse its overall cuteness.
And well maybe I will draw some fakemon (I cant sprite Pokémon okay! XD)
It was originally a sword fish or a platypus but it was scrapped.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:18 pm

Hm.. I had some fakemon ideas I had kinda forgotten about for a while now.. maybe I should redo those.

I'm looking forward to seeing the evolutions for these, as I'm most interested to see what you end up doing with the grass sheep in particular.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:39 pm

I reshaded the sprites a bit to better show what I ment shading wise.
Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters YzMa3Vp
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:44 pm

If you take any of LM's suggestion, I must say that the eye on the fire starter does look better.

Also, out of curiosity, Beta, do you know the color limit for gen 3, and how to insert sprites without them changing color to a preset palette?

(I know that gen 4 is 16, including black, white, and transparency..)

Edit;
R/S Milotic has 15 colors if you include the transparency, and since the colors are stored in bits, the limit for gen 3 must also be 16.
With this in mind, I'd consider adding another shade to your sprites to make them look more gen 3 style.
I see that you often go with the more minimalistic gen 5 coloring, but they mostly did that due to having to animate them, so it was less work to have less shades.
(And some pokemon with sprites imported over straight from gen 4 even has inconsistencies between the number of shades the normal and shiny versions of the same pokemon had;
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/306.shtml )

(I still never could figure out how to put the sprites into the roms though- I know they had to be saved as an indexed png, but I could never get the palette to carry over).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:14 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:I reshaded the sprites a bit to better show what I ment shading wise.
Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters YzMa3Vp
It great but I prefer mines better. You know what, just only the fire type. I prefer the grass and the water starters that you did.
Just the fire has faults. You mention that the fur of Puppyro isn't look like a fur. Because i made it stylish. and i'm proud of the furs. However, when you made it, it looks pillow shady (which it's not in my taste) BTW I notice what you did on the black plate. You thought it was fur so you made it furry. It suppose to be a plate or a scale, which you thought is a copy of various Candae pokemon. Which is not a case. However I does base similar to arcanine, which is a Komainu. And the eye...is really off putting. My drawing of Puppyro has the eye that connects to the mane. However Busheep and Turtlette are perfect and thanks for the fixing and i'll give you credit for that... But not Puppyro, though. Sorry Llama...
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:If you take any of LM's suggestion, I must say that the eye on the fire starter does look better.

Also, out of curiosity, Beta, do you know the color limit for gen 3, and how to insert sprites without them changing color to a preset palette?

(I know that gen 4 is 16, including black, white, and transparency..)

Edit;
R/S Milotic has 15 colors if you include the transparency, and since the colors are stored in bits, the limit for gen 3 must also be 16.
With this in mind, I'd consider adding another shade to your sprites to make them look more gen 3 style.
I see that you often go with the more minimalistic gen 5 coloring, but they mostly did that due to having to animate them, so it was less work to have less shades.
(And some pokemon with sprites imported over straight from gen 4 even has inconsistencies between the number of shades the normal and shiny versions of the same pokemon had;
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/306.shtml )

(I still never could figure out how to put the sprites into the roms though- I know they had to be saved as an indexed png, but I could never get the palette to carry over).
yes, I know alot of this. I forgot to mention that I'm good at Editing Pokemon. So there's no need for that.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:26 pm

I don't see how it is even remotely pillow shaded, to be honest. Pillow shading looks nothing like what I did, and mine is detail shaded. And i didn't think it was a copy, it just simply reminded me of it and looked similar to it. However, I did think ot was fur, and since it wasn't spesified that it wasn't, I went with it. If it is supposed to be a plate, add a lighter shade to it to make it not look like fur. I also thought it was fur since it had the same shading as the head "mane". The eye, I think, looks more correct smaller since it looks like his head is a tad thin, and eyes of the size you have are way too big for the thinness of the head. As for the others, thank you, and I appreciate it. If anything else needs some slight touch up shading, I would be more than glad to help out.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:32 pm

LlamaMinister wrote: If it is supposed to be a plate, add a lighter shade to it to make it not look like fur. I also thought it was fur since it had the same shading as the head "mane".

Yeah, I will have to agree with this part- Without giving any textured shading to the head mane, with the plates having the same type of shading as the mane, it can not be discerned to the observer that those are in fact plates. A highlight to show the relative smoothness and therefore added reflectiveness compared to the mane would be more helpful.

(And as far as the tech part, I was more or less asking you- I never could figure out how to actually /inset/ sprites into the roms without them getting messed up or destroying the roms >.> )
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:54 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:I don't see how it is even remotely pillow shaded, to be honest. Pillow shading looks nothing like what I did, and mine is detail shaded. And i didn't think it was a copy, it just simply reminded me of it and looked similar to it. However, I did think ot was fur, and since it wasn't spesified that it wasn't, I went with it. If it is supposed to be a plate, add a lighter shade to it to make it not look like fur. I also thought it was fur since it had the same shading as the head "mane". The eye, I think, looks more correct smaller since it looks like his head is a tad thin, and eyes of the size you have are way too big for the thinness of the head. As for the others, thank you, and I appreciate it. If anything else needs some slight touch up shading, I would be more than glad to help out.
Scratch i said about pillow shady. When I meant to say it doesn't look smooth, which i prefer on my Puppyro. You see, I prefer cell-shading, just like i did on the forum icon you always see, except for 3d cel shading... It looks really distracting. And even though Busheep and Turtlette are perfect, I just need to fix and remove some of the details which is kinda distracting. btw thanks
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:56 pm

No problem. I'm always willing to help where I can.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
LlamaMinister wrote: If it is supposed to be a plate, add a lighter shade to it to make it not look like fur. I also thought it was fur since it had the same shading as the head "mane".

Yeah, I will have to agree with this part- Without giving any textured shading to the head mane, with the plates having the same type of shading as the mane, it can not be discerned to the observer that those are in fact plates. A highlight to show the relative smoothness and therefore added reflectiveness compared to the mane would be more helpful.

(And as far as the tech part, I was more or less asking you- I never could figure out how to actually /inset/ sprites into the roms without them getting messed up or destroying the roms >.> )
I thought it was easy to insert Pokemon Sprites but not the trainer though. It was a program called GBAPGE that's how I put Pokemon sprites into it.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:12 pm

BetaX wrote:]
I thought it was easy to insert Pokemon Sprites but not the trainer though. It was a program called GBAPGE that's how I put Pokemon sprites into it.

Hm, quite possibly. That tool you mention is new to me- back when I tried it we only had unLZ.GBA, which is probably dated as heck now (all searches of it bring up stuff from 2011/2012 ^-^; )

..now if only I could get a map editor better than advance map that wouldn't crash roms if I changed the map size.

Edit; And oh yeah, I've probably got no shot, but you did say you'd consider other people's fakemon designs, so.. here I guess;
Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Pladuck_by_gothica_the_eevee-d8zup0r -> Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Platydon_by_gothica_the_eevee-d8zxlq3 -> Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Spinesaurpus_by_gothica_the_eevee-d8zszey
Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Kittail_by_gothica_the_eevee-d8zz3q4 -> Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Catrus_by_gothica_the_eevee-d908qul
Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Vuladuro_by_gothica_the_eevee-d90c8yh
(And a few that aren't 64x64 or color optimized yet but I'll get to that later;)
Spoiler:
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Pokemon Orichalcum and Damascus Starters Pokemo11
Updated Starter. Changed the water starter.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:48 pm

I like the design of the new water starter, but it lacks a bit of shading on some parts but the shadin that is there is good.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Zenox-rmp wrote:I like the design of the new water starter, but it lacks a bit of shading on some parts but the shadin that is there is good.

I agree with Zeno, but this time I can't fix/edit the shading.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:23 am

As cute as the turtle was, this one is a neat and more original design.

I'd comment on the shading, but at this point I'm sure that's his style, like it or not.
What I do want to comment on is the relative thinness of its left (our right) arm and hand compared to the other.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:I'd comment on the shading, but at this point I'm sure that's his style, like it or not.
Well, then any flaw on anyone's sprite could be exempt as "their style". Just because it's someone's style doesn't mean it's okay.

EDIT: I should specify that I'm not saying it's bad here, but it could be better.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:08 pm

I just now notice how similiar to Totodile it looks, in the head mostly.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down