Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by FutureCreator Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:18 am

I'm up for the partner round too
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Zell Justice Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:59 am

Me too but I guess the next round will be the partner round... Damn it I can't participate
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:17 am

Okay, judging time;

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 New_an10
(Kirby~) Okay, first things first, the color palette is a little lacking- the sprite would really benefit from having at the least 3 shades, preferably 4 to include segments of colored outline. Also, the shading is a little confusing, as it looks like it's coming from the one side, but the foot seems to suggest the opposite, and it casts no shadow on the body. Speaking of the foot, it's a little to ovular for Kirby, as they're usually more like rounded off wedge-shapes than anything, and it probably should be angled more outward rather than being straight up and down. Overall not too bad, but it falls short.
C

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Meta_k10
(And Meta Knight- we're one short of the whole crew here). This is pretty good, and I can imagine how long it might've taken. Even so, it still has a few flaws. For one, it has an awful lack of black outlines, or really and outlines of a dark enough color to really stand out. secondly, the cape lacks some contrast (and might have benefited from a highlight shade), and feels a bit pillowshaded. LAstly, I'm not sure 100% what's going on with that hand, but the thumb looks off and not like it's gripping anything, and it appears as though you /might/ have drew in the sword hilt, but forgot to color it. Overall, not bad, but needs some polish.
B-

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Ludwig_by_jathavansiva-d8y1gq1
Not a bad effort, though I can definitely tell this sprite is larger than Pokemon scale. The colors being accurate isn't so much the problem, but right away I can already see some other problems with the palette. For starters, the sprite is outlined entirely in black. Another thing is, that, while for the most part your sprite includes highlight and shadow shades, you didn't use them well everywhere they needed to be. Using the hair for example, it's technically pillowshaded, but it's also very flat. It could have used more detail-oriented shading. The top of the head is okay, but some of the colors are too close, and that becomes more apparent on the rest of the body. Also, the shading on the clown car's tongue doesn't curve with its shape. The anatomy of the character is good, but the clown car's outlines are a little rough and misshapen.
C

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Peach_11
Hm, not bad at first sight, but upon second, the face looks awfully thin, and the eyes are set too low down (actually, fixing the eyes would probably make the face look better too.) The hair is pretty nice, and for the most part the contrast all around is great. This sprite also lacks black, but it's not so bad because there's at the least some dark outlines. You could maybe use more highlight on the top of the other shoulder puff, but all and all this sprite is rather great if you'd just fix the eye issue, and maybe make the neck a bit wider (and add a bit of shadow under the chin).
B-

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 The_planking_king_vs_by_crimsonignis-d8y3qqn
This is almost scary good how much at first glace I thought this /was/ the in-game model. Maybe it has to do with Luigi being a simple character, but this is still good. If I had to make any comment at all, it almost looks a little too good for Pokemon style, but you're not using and extra shades, so I can't fault you for that. I can't really find anything anatomically wrong with it either, so, good job.
A

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 HqSr4tS
(Pit~ *loves the Kid Icarus series*) Ahem, anyway, pretty nice job on this, and considering the number of details you had to fit in, this came out for the most part, pretty well (especially the tunic). Now.. I can tell those are Articuno wings- you didn't do an overly bad job trying to disguise them, but I feel like the back one isn't angled quite right (and I never thought it was on the original either). Also, something about the bent leg bothers me- it sorta doesn't match the other in build, like in shape and muscle tone, and it feels like too sharp of an angle, I'm not really sure how to explain, it just doesn't look right. Overall though, nice job.
A-

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Ness_scratch_by_brawler139-d8y5fm0
Okay, the colors in places on this sprite are entirely too close. There's a part on the top of the hat that looks like it has no outline at all, but that's not the case, because I checked. but the thing is, if you can't tell from afar that there's an outline, it's as good as not having one in the first place. Looking at it, the arms and legs are a tad noodly, but overall it's a shame, because if the coloring were fixed, this sprite would look a lot better, so I hate to have to be harsh, but I need to grade it as is.
D

1st; CrimsonIgnis
2nd; KittenCutie1
3rd; futurecreateor, Yria/Mara LB

Next round; Open Partner Round
End date; 6/27
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:53 am

What does the partner round entail? I feel like I missed something, because I have no idea what's going on right now.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:58 am

Leopardmask wrote:What does the partner round entail? I feel like I missed something, because I have no idea what's going on right now.

Mostly check the Sprite Contest Discussion thread, but it entails working with one other person on a pokemon-styled sprite of your joint choosing.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Empty Partner round submission

Post by Leopardmask Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:10 pm

Here's what Zeno and I made.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 258p8og

I just realized if I had fused the names slightly differently I would have literally gotten "Samurai"...
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Kitten and my entry.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 PZ3zRwQ
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:17 pm

By TriShade and FutureCreateor
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Contes10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:01 pm

Kamen Rider OOO PuToTyra Combo made by Beta and I

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Putotyra_by_crimsonignis-d8z03nc
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by nya2468 Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 To_sho18

Yria's and my entry Razz
nya2468
nya2468
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:52 am

(Aah, sorry- I was somewhere yesterday, got home, watched the end of the Sonoma race while editing footage, set it to upload, then fell asleep @_@)

Judging;

Leopardmask&Zeno wrote:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 258p8og
Interesting idea to do a whole line.. though if I'm honest, I feel more could have been done. In saying this, I mean that these had little more done to them beyond giving them the Pikachu-line's ears, tail, and partial recoloring. Samuchu honestly is the one that I feel suffers from this though, as while the others mix decently well, both being bipedal with similar body shapes (that I don't think much more could have been done to make them more even fusions), Raichu and Samurott are completely different and thus it doesn't feel like there's enough Raichu in there. Using Raichu's body as the base and to give it a more upright position would have more helpful here (of course you'd have to scratch the Samurott arms to get them to work in that position), but it would have led to a better end result overall.
B-

LlamaMinister&Kitten wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 PZ3zRwQ
Looks like I was not wrong to expect something intriguing from the two of you. This sprite looks very nice and cohesive; The shading is rather nice as well (though I would have preferred some kind of highlight shade on the hat). What i'm really impressed with though is fire on the staff, as you did nice with the semi-transparent effect. Regarding the rest of the sprite, structurally, for the most part it is fairly sound- my only complaint there would be that the arms are a tad bit skinny, which is most noticeable with the arm holding the fire.
A-

futurecreateor&Trishade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Contes10
Okay.. now this is interesting and unexpected. Overall, this is a rather nice effort, though I notice a few issues. For one, the angle of the piano keys do not match up with the angle of the rest of the piano (and the rest of the picture). They appear like they're slanted upward as they are now. secondly, compared to the rest of the proportions, that hand is somewhat small, and the fingers aren't quite bent naturally (especially the pinky, which looks like it's missing a joint in there). Otherwise, for the most part, the sprite is pretty good, but being as large as it is, it really could have used more shades in there- and speaking of shades, the shadow around the knee down there doesn't match the angle of the light source according to the rest of the shading on this sprite (and for that matter, neither do the highlights on the hair for the most part).
C+

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Putotyra_by_crimsonignis-d8z03nc
Well I should have figured you two would come together for the greater Kamen Rider spriting good. Where to start.. This sprite is impressively detailed (and given the source material, rightly so). This sprite is so that it's relatively hard to find a legitimate fault with.. The most I can say it that the pauldrons look a bit pillowshady, and the highlight on the chestplate would be more evident if the center design used colored outlines there instead of the black in that area. Really nice overall though, and I like the little extra effort with the full VS shot set up.
A

nya2468&Yria wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 To_sho18
I'm not fully sure as to what this is referencing (I live under a rock, okay), but regardless, that doesn't matter for what I see to be wrong with this sprite. First off- if you're going to use the text too, be careful which font you choose, as some turn out to look rather jpeg-like (like what you ended up with here). Also, the book has way too think outlines in some places, and in others, has none at all, which perplexes me. Down to the core sprite itself, The shirt somehow ends up looking like it has 2 shades, when it really has 3, though part of that is the first two being too close in color, and the other part is just from incorrectly done shading. The hair fares better, but the whole of the forehead area looks a little strange- maybe it's the eyebrows invading the space a little too much, but I'm not entirely certain that it doesn't have to do with the oddly round shape of the hair excluding the one middle spite though. Most of the rest of the sprite is fine, except for visible wrist and lower arm- that line from the closed hand should not cur into the arm like that, and the arm itself bends too far down, giving her an oddly short forearm, and long upper arm.
C-

1st; CrimsonIgnis & BetaX
2nd; LlamaMinister & KittenCutie1
3rd; Leopardmask & Zenox-rmp

Regarding next round- Should I do one, or should I give you guys off, considering the upcoming Canadian and American holiday weekend?

(Also someone remind me I need to do a headcount of who all turned in their judge tests so far).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:21 pm

I would vote for another round, since you asked
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:21 am

Ok.. since no one else has any objection-
Since I'm in the mood;
Next Round: Make a sprite based on an indy game
  • This includes the characters, monsters, etc
  • Must be in pokemon style

Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:18 pm

Well, I made Spectre Knight from Shovel Knight.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 YUhmwke
It's all scratch, by the way.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Empty IB

Post by Karasugaming Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:48 pm

[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Ib10[/img]
nuf said
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Made Aida from Ascensions ^^.
Note: I left some details out becuse it looked packed/ it looked out of place.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Aida__ascensions_by_yria101-d8zwx3r

And I finally got myself a signature XD.

http://yria101.deviantart.com/art/Aida-Ascensions-544051863?ga_submit_new=10%253A1436034893

Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:28 pm

I made both "forms" of The Eye of Cthulhu from Terraria

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Eye_of_cthulhu_by_crimsonignis-d8zygsv
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:54 am

I'm so sorry this is late! >.< My parents decided to drag me out of the house for 5 hours just when I was about to finish this. Anyway here is my entry. I did the Cheshire Cat (hood off version) from Alice Mare. References I used for him can be found [here], [here], and [here].

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 HYjdkDb
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:11 am

My dad draged me out with no internet for 2 days so sorry for being late. If I was too late you can just not judge mine...
Here is War's appearance in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 War10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:42 pm

futurecreateor wrote:My dad draged me out with no internet for 2 days so sorry for being late. If I was too late you can just not judge mine...
Nono, it's okay, I'm super late too because holiday weekend and the need to participate in said activities.

(Judging I shall do first thing tomorrow morning, but for now;)
Next round- create a set (front, back, left, right- no real need for the animation frames) of 4th gen style overworlds; these can either be for your trainer character, or any npc that does not appear in a 4th gen game, that would thus not have 4th gen overworlds and therefore could use some.
End date- 7/11
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:10 pm

*Quietly inserts judging*

LlamaMinister wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 YUhmwke
My primary complaint is that, without knowing what the character is supposed to look like, I couldn't immediately tell what were the legs. Now that I see them, it's easier to tell, but the somewhat cluttered look down there lead to the initial confusion. I think what would help is to add greater contrast between all the shades on the legs, including a darker colored outline. Speaking of outline, the one knee seems to jut out a bit too far- the outline could use some smoothing rather than the abrupt jump to the two single diagonal pixels. Other than the legs, the arms also look too short,- I can see what you did on your process, but all the details on the sprite make the body look like it has more weight to it, so the arms just suffer from it. Other than that, the sprite looks fairly good. The red cloak might be shaded in a bit too detailed of a way for pokemon style, but that's not too much of a detracting factor.
B

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Ib10
Ok, not too bad, but there are issues. For one, you used way too much black outline, which is very apparent on the white shirt, and the one spot where you used non-black, you used the shadow color of the white, instead of a new, darker outline color, so it's entirely too light. The shape of the outline is also a mess in places- the arms are a bit noodly, rather than being properly defined, and the hands, especially the one not obscured by the rose, needs work. In terms of design, the shirt comes down too far and covers too much of the skirt. the socks have no outline because they're solid black, and the hair doesn't have much of any shading, due to having a tiny bit of highlight, but no shadow color. And, with the shading on the shirt, it's atypical of pokemon light source, and doesn't quite seem to match up with the rest of the sprite anyway.
C-

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Aida__ascensions_by_yria101-d8zwx3r
Oi, I'm having trouble finding a reference for the exact outfit anyway, so I'll just worry about what you have given me here. Regardless, the one thing I do notice is that this sprite looks somewhat androgynous, when I believe the character is supposed to be clearly female. Possibly more contourus shading on the chest, and a bit softer expression in the face would help, but it's not too much of an issue. What I do see though is the arms, which look like they curve like Harry Potter's arm when Lockhart poofed away his bones- That is to say, they have no elbow joints, which unfortunately detracts from what was otherwise not such a bad sprite in its totality. (I like your signature badge by the way ;p)
B

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Eye_of_cthulhu_by_crimsonignis-d8zygsv
..this is actually terrifying. Anyway, For the most part, this set of sprites is nicely detailed, though I'd say the mouth one takes the cake. The morn normal looking eye falls a bit short of the other, as a larger amount of the white is exposed which has subpar contrast between the shades compared to the rest of the details on the sprite. Overall it's not bad though, and the mouth one is more than enough to stand on its own.
A

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 HYjdkDb
For the most part, this is actually really nice, in typical fashion. What bothers me though, is the detailing with the colored side of the face. From afar it comes off as a weird plate-type thing because of the ear, which might have benefited from being separated from the face by a lock of hair. Also, a slightly pinker, fleshier color like the original would help distinguish it, and otherwise the sprite teeters on the edge of feeling very monochromatic.
A-

futurecreateor wrote:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 War10
(Okay it's safe to say this unnerves me too). Regardless, this is a pretty nice sprite. (technically it's over color limit, but we don't really care about that here). I find the use of black on the side of the staff strange since you refused to use any black for outlines anywhere else except the teeth. It's hard to find something more constructive to comment on since the character itself is already so stylized.. the most I can say it the shading is a bit overly simple and minimalistic due to you focusing half of your shades in the outline, but the staff having a smaller surface area to cover looks pretty sharp- it's just the main body color that has the problem, as I feel the shading wasn't used to its fullest potential and doesn't quite conform to the body shape (like fore example the side away from the light should be in shadow, and it would help give shape to the body).
B-

1st; CrimsonIgnis
2nd; KittenCutie1
3rd; LlamaMinister, Yria/Mara LB

(and I already had mentioned about the next round- now to finish the judging screenings)
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:11 pm

Well, since these are already done, and my computer is being the worst thing ever, here are OWs I made for Tri's RP sprite.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 NmFQC2N
-hopes the next round is something else he has access to without need of his computer-
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:25 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Wolfy_10
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Ignore the sprites that aren't the OWs they're just there for reference.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Ashley_ows_by_crimsonignis-d90qcfw

Note: Sprites were made by me but the character was created by a friend of mine, AwkwardlyBored
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:34 am

I did ow's for my trainer sprite. (Yes I have a other mugshot. And yes the arm looks weird and yes its kinda wip.)
This will be the last time im participating (vacation) I will be back in 3 weeks.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Yria_sprite_sheet__by_yria101-d90uez0

http://yria101.deviantart.com/art/Yria-Sprite-Sheet-545614668?ga_submit_new=10%253A1436625136&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next