Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100%ly new to Competitive Battling, no clue if I have a good team. Send Help. Plz.

3 posters

Go down

100%ly new to Competitive Battling, no clue if I have a good team.  Send Help.  Plz. Empty 100%ly new to Competitive Battling, no clue if I have a good team. Send Help. Plz.

Post by Silver the Dragon Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:23 am

I am new to competitive battling and I have almost no concept of what makes a team good! Understand (barely) about the rankings and what not, but I really want to know more about my team and if this is a good team, or if I have to work on something with my team. Here is my team:

Greninja (Focus Stash)
Protean
Jolly
252 Atk 4 Def 252 Speed
MOVES: Toxic Spikes, Taunt, Shadow Sneak, Hydro Pump

Aegislash (Leftovers)
Stance Change
Sassy
252 Hp 4 Def 252 Speed
MOVES: King's Shield, Gyro ball, Shadow Sneak, Prusit

Sylveon (leftovers)
Pixilate
Bold
2523Hp 252 Def 4 Speed
MOVES: Hyper Voice, Heal Bell, Wish, Protect

Gerdevoir-Mega
Trace
Timid/Modest
16Hp 8 Def 2323 SpA 252 Speed
MOVES: Hyper Voice, Psyshock, Focus Blast, Calm Mind

Talonflame (Sharp Beak)
Gale Wings
Jolly
252 Atk 4 Def 252 Speed
MOVES Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, Sword Dance, Roost

Luxray (Choice Band)
Intimidate
Adamant
252 Atk 4 Def 252 Speed
MOVES Wild Charge, Ice Fany, Super Power, Volt Switch

Thanks!

Silver the Dragon
Silver the Dragon
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

100%ly new to Competitive Battling, no clue if I have a good team.  Send Help.  Plz. Empty Re: 100%ly new to Competitive Battling, no clue if I have a good team. Send Help. Plz.

Post by Ryouzen Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:49 am

Heya! So i'll tell ya straight up I'm not really any better off than you are atm haha! I just posted my own team idea under this one but i thought i'd try and help where i could ^^

With Greninja it seems bit odd to have hydro pump being used when you have him more a physical attacker. Mind you maybe he has good special and ya just boosted the physical but seems an odd choice. Then with Toxic spikes I'm not sure how often people use poison types but when they do and they are grounded your toxic spikes are off the field. Forcing you to reset them. Granted they could be taken away in a lot of other methods but its definitely something to consider when you can have a layered amount of spikes or even the the stealth rocks up (if it can learn either not sure) that don't leave unless forced off.

As for the Aegislash there wasn't a huge problem except if memory serves isn't gyro ball better the slower it is compared to other pokemon? If so why give your Ev's to speed? That could hinder its power especially when you have Shadow sneak and Pursuit which will hit first under their circumstances. Though i personally may consider sword dance to buff its attack when you know your opponent will switch or do otherwise. Definitely can help buff the power of your other moves.

Got nothing on Sylveon haha! Seems good to me.

The Gardevoir is almost the same except myself i don't really understand why you'd give 16 and 8 into two different stats instead of just filling up the Sp Atk and then using the 4 in another stat. Just from what i know it would make too much a difference but again I'm pretty new myself to this.

Talonflame looks good! And so does Luxray. Though personally I would consider life orb so you can use all 4 moves and have a good chunk of force behind them. Especially since you can just use Sylveon's wish to heal up any hp lost on him due to life orb.

Hope i didn't overload any and that this helps! Again I'm new also so..yea take what i say with a grain of salt. It may be less than optimal. But I hope it does help ^^
Ryouzen
Ryouzen
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

100%ly new to Competitive Battling, no clue if I have a good team.  Send Help.  Plz. Empty Re: 100%ly new to Competitive Battling, no clue if I have a good team. Send Help. Plz.

Post by Silver the Dragon Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:55 am

Okay! Thank you so much! I will take your advice into mind as I form my team (breeding a bunch of Frookies at the time).
Silver the Dragon
Silver the Dragon
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:27 am

My main concern with this is that a lot of what is on here is overused in competitive. It ultimately makes the team more predictable, which is a huge detriment to the team overall. I'm not trying to say the team is bad, but using things that a large number of people use can lead to a lot of losses just because people know how to take care of them.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down