Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Pokemon Game?

+7
Rin_Versailles
FutureCreator
ikey123
Yria/Mara LB
Pixel Profligate
Dragon Arbock
Maili
11 posters

Go down

Favorite Pokemon Game? Empty Favorite Pokemon Game?

Post by Maili Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:42 pm

I love Platinum because of the maze and stuff tongue

Maili
Lv. 5 Regice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhB3l1gCz2E

Back to top Go down

Favorite Pokemon Game? Empty Re: Favorite Pokemon Game?

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:27 am

My favorite is Crystal. It had the same great day/night system that we lost until gen 4 after, and had the best animations of any of the games, despite being the one to introduce them.
I also really like the older aesthetics and the music (which I think HG/SS didn't do as well).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:34 am

Sapphire is and always will be my favorite. I feel it had the most memorable, unique, varied , yet realistic locations, it had AMAZING music, the region was built around the ideas of the story (50% land, 50% water), it gave Surfing more of a purpose, added in new ways to experience the water (Dive), and had one of the most solid Pokedexs in my opinion. It also had a perfect style of story for Pokemon, and the region was just non-linear enough, while still guiding you around it appropriately. It even promotes exploration a lot, since there are areas that you never even need to go to, including a whole freaking town. It was the perfect Pokemon game in my opinion.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:57 am

Soul Silver ^^. I litterly just begged my parents for it when I was younger. And when I got to play it... Yeah.... I couldn't speak English... So I litterly didnt understand it at all. But becuse I am addicted to Pokémon I kept just playing it. Which lead for me to actually learn to write/speak English. + I discovered Mawile in it and immidiently loved it.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by ikey123 Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Pokemon heart gold no more need be said
ikey123
ikey123
F Yeah Seaking

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:27 pm

Definetly Emerald. It was an amazing game and had such an epic story that mixed the story of Sapphire and Ruby. It was very memorable and the game was made much more difficult and challenging than both it's predacessors.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin_Versailles Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:13 pm

I would have to go with Ruby; even though I had both Gen 1 & 2 games I never really got into it until Gen 3. It was the first one I beat and I still have fond memories of catching Gourdon for the first time and feeling really proud of myself. Smile

Rin_Versailles
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:24 pm

Mine so far is definitely X, it added fairy type and made changes to old pokemon I've wanted for a while, mega-evolving reminds me of digivolving, and I didn't feel like it roadblocked me a ton with the story like black did. It also added pokemon-ami which I hope gets expanded on and is here to stay and the communication features being in the bottom screen improves the game so much since I am pretty big into trading. Out of all the maps, I like Kalos the best because it's easy to traverse, there are not too many sections where HMs are necessary and thankfully half the region isn't flooded this time, plus the caves are short so I minimize my contact with bats and suicide rocks.

The one thing I dislike about gen 6 is they removed contests and there is no way to actually make pokepuffs which makes berries feel kind of useless now. I'd hoped going forward they might improve on contests and eventually make it so you could go through the whole game in contest halls instead of gyms like May did in the anime but I guess they're phasing them out.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for leafgreen though, it was the game I spent the most time on between 7th and 12th grade. It's not the best pokemon game out there and it can be a bit broken because it tries to merge gens 1 and 3 (no retroactively added dark types makes gengar OP) but I still like it in spite of that.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Apex Leo Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Black and white two for me. I love the characters and Pokemon. The region felt more open in comparison to black and white one. It was also how I got to know lucario and other classic Pokemon as well as having so many awesome features such as join avenue black tower and the pwt. And the music.....AWESOME!!!
Apex Leo
Apex Leo
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:28 am

I... I don't know. X and Y has the best story so far, but HGSS had the most content. Pearl actually helped me get through one of the hardest times of my life... Kind of... I really identified with Cyrus, which is... Very sad... But thanks to DPP I was able to find my passion in writing!
So...
Story: X and Y
Content: HGSS
Overall because personal reasons: Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

http://callmefreakfujiko.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by serventseaslug Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:47 am

it's hard to say for me. I really like ruby and sapphire since I played them the most as a kid but diamond pearl and platinum I had a lot of fun with as well and have more memories with. I would say the 3rd gen ruby and sapphire games since I replay them and get a living hoenn dex once a year =b
serventseaslug
serventseaslug
Wild Abra

https://www.youtube.com/seasiug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down