Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RMT: The OUriginals

2 posters

Go down

RMT: The OUriginals Empty RMT: The OUriginals

Post by DanDG Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:49 pm

Hey, here's my main OU team. It's the first core team that I really was able to get going with in Gen 5 and I've since adjusted it for Gen 6.

Hello! (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

Grounder (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Flying Shield (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

SPonge-lax (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Your Shadow (Gengar) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Coal Walker (Alakazam) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast

And that's the team. I'll explain how it works: Leading with Breloom has traditionally guarunteed a KO unless they switch out. Focus sash allows him to set up if the opportunity arises, and it gives him the opportunity to actually kill his usually predator Talonflame with Rock tomb. Mega Chomp is a versatile sweeper/wallbreaker that I use when I need to just get rid of some mons. Gengar packs all of the special power that I need, while Alakazam provides a more reliable and versatile coverage and an ace in the hole for when I need to take a hit. Skarmory and Snorlax provide safety between switching between my attackers and can wall out whatever I can't beat in a 1v1 yet.

My team resists entry hazards pretty well between Gengar, Skarmory and Alakazam almost completely resisting them. I find that I have an acute weakness to Latios, Landorus-Therian, Thundurus, and occasionally Talonflame if they pick up on the trick.

What do you think? I've been hitting a rough patch lately, so I would love to switch something up. It's worth noting that I'm way too attached to Breloom, Skar, and Snorlax to remove them from the lineup, and they've always served me best as well.
DanDG
DanDG
Lv. 1 Magikarp

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnUBioH8hPYGaIs-70ac-jg

Back to top Go down

RMT: The OUriginals Empty Re: RMT: The OUriginals

Post by Free Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:18 pm

The team is pretty well built from what can see... But I see two problems with it. First off, your Skarm. It's should be running some kind of Entry Hazard, Defog, or Brave Bird. It would run more effectively in your team. Seeing that hazards might be a problem for you... If set up. The second problem is Garchomp. Mega Garchomp is Slow. Regardless of the investment, it will still be outsped by most threats in OU. This generally leaves you unable to set up and sweep. Seeing that you're more Physically offensive Based, I would recommend you have Alakazam Mega Evolve instead.
Free
Free
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum