Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Analysation of Test Team Requested: Critisism is welcome...

3 posters

Go down

team - Analysation of Test Team Requested: Critisism is welcome... Empty Analysation of Test Team Requested: Critisism is welcome...

Post by Thundasius Sat May 30, 2015 6:45 pm

Hello there I want to ask if some people my Under Used Tier Pokemon. The Reason I went to use unused Tier was because I want to be more creative when it comes to team building. I am an beginner and then the first thing to is then follow a template and such. But since I am still learning and trying to see which Pokemon is best and such. I really have some Pokemon that are my favorites and It is sad to say that I would like to use these Favorites some of them... are maybe not that usefull.

Tough I realize now That I cannot STAND A CHANGE when I use UU, NU and RU pokemon in the OU tier competitive. Trust Me I tried so I kind of Have to use OU pokemon sadly. So please if my team is not build good enough let me know which Pokemon I can salvage if I need to go to use a different Team. I know some Ideas of Pokemon I have are good so please let me know if I am on the right Track.

I want to follow and respect the Rules here at the Silver and I hope some of me can help me in return. I will share my Ideas here even if this would Technically put me at a disadvantage since well anyone can read it and then Copy not to mention it would make me more predictable.

Bronzong @ Shell Bell
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Zen Headbutt
- Gyro Ball
- Rollout

Empoleon @ Burn Drive
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Grass Knot
- Hydro Cannon
- Ice Beam

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Quirky Nature
- Encore
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Extra Possible Move: Nasty Plot instead of Substitute.

Galvantula (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

Pyroar (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Giga Impact
- Roar

Cloyster @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Rapid Spin

Begin Strategy

Ok so here is my reasoning I have Brozong as My lead which has an EV spread as physical sweeper with a very low speed to maximize the Power of Gyro Ball. To cover for its fire Weakness because of its steel styping I set the Ability to Heatproof. He is also the Pokemon I give the Entry Hazard Stealth Rock which I will always select first if possible but sometimes the situation just would not cut it. Rollout and Gyroball are contact moves same with Physic Headbutt which will get STAB together with Gyro Ball, the Contact moves also activate the Shell Bell he has which would work the same way then as leftovers... only that he recovers at the rate of the damage he inflicts.

Empoleon has the EV Spread of a Bulky Physical Sweeper which also well... a slow one. It has Flash Cannon as Steel Type move but is really actually a Fire Move with the Burn Drive equipped. Hydro Cannon is the Only Water Move he has which should receive a Stab Bonus. Grass Knot and Ice Beam are there for extra coverage. I use him when I need to switch around for a water type Pokemon and to let him take a hit if needed.

Pikachu (My absolute Favourite: I have other Pokemon I like but I Grew up with this one because I like Mice) is a fast Physical Sweeper who has Light Ball to double its SPA. I originally wanted Pikachu to be a Physical Sweeper with Volt Tackle but I could not give him/her some extra coverage and it just way too risky even tough I notice It pays off sometimes. Thats why I did go for Special with Thunderbolt for the STAB and Hidden Power Ice for pesky grass types. I have given it the Ability Lighting Rod to have applie to Encore, where I either Trap my Opponent with him using Lightning move by switching around or letting him use a move that does no Damage. Once I got the chance to Trap my foe into this situation I set up Substitute to allow Pikachu to survive if the encore should end or the Opponent switches around. The Spa boost from Lightningrod and STAB bonus should give enough damage if the Typing is favour. There was ofcourse a second Strategy I had in mind where I replace Substitute with Nasty Plot to raise the SPA while my Opponent is trapped in Encore but because I am left wide Open I went for Substitute instead.

Galvantula is a fast Physical Sweeper who has Thunder and Bug Buzz as stab. Energy Ball for against ground types and Sticky Web as a possible Hazard should I notice most of the Pokemon my Opponent have are too fast. The Choice Scarf helps for Extra speed, should I have set Sticky web then I just switch around to cancel the Choice Scarf. His ability helps to counter the 70 procent accuracy for Thunder by making it always hit with the Ability accuracy multiplier.

Pyroar which was mentioned on one of Silver August his List's is my Fast Special Sweeper. With Fire Blast as the STAB and Hidden Power Grass as extra Coverage. To give her an extra Role I have given her Roar to switch the Opponent around if a Water Type is ever on the field. While Pyroar is not greate as physical Attacker I had a plan in mind to KO an Opponent to raise its attack by Moxie and if this happens two times I would Use Giga Impact as an Physical Attack (Two Times is a bit too Optimistic) for some hugh damage... provided the next Pokemon is not a physical Bulk.

Cloyster is a fast Physical Sweeper which has a Choice scarf as speed boost and would also help with the Skill Link ability which makes moves that hit 2-5 times always hit 5 Times. And this counts for Icicle Spear and Rock Blast. Shell Mash could be used to raise if my Choice Scarf ever gets rendered useless, RapidSpin is also there to escape Hazards.

End of Strategy

So please tell me what I am doing right and what I doing wrong. Which Pokemon I have in this UU team still can be used and which not please let me know. Also tell me If I am clearly thinking wrong if it comes to Strategy's because Just Like I said I am an Beginner building these thems into a Simulator to plan things out for in the main games. I REALLY REALLY Believe I can use some NU and UU pokemon if Just think things creatively.

Last edited by Thundasius on Sat May 30, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistakes.)
Thundasius
Thundasius
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

team - Analysation of Test Team Requested: Critisism is welcome... Empty Re: Analysation of Test Team Requested: Critisism is welcome...

Post by Dragon Arbock Sat May 30, 2015 8:31 pm

The Cloyster with Choice Scarf if interesting, but why then does it have Shell Smash really?- I know what you said, but it really isn't a good move to use on a scarf set, because I don't see Cloyster surviving long enough to reach a scenario when it looses the scarf and then can survive another turn to use Shell Smash.

Also, I kind of thought Flash Cannon didn't work with the drives like that (that's Techno Blast you're thinking of?)

Brongzong's not bad, but I've always found Shell Bell to be extremely lackluster, and it won't help you as much as leftovers or a Sitrus Berry.

Another thing I have to say is that phasers are usually more sturdy pokemon that can afford to take a hit, because all phasing moves have decreased priority. Pyroar, however, more than likely can't take a hit.

Also something I noticed is that all your fast sweepers are special attackers. It might not be a bad idea to change one out for a fast physical sweeper.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

team - Analysation of Test Team Requested: Critisism is welcome... Empty Re: Analysation of Test Team Requested: Critisism is welcome...

Post by Zenox-rmp Sun May 31, 2015 5:41 am

Arbok said some good things, but I have found some more ''problems''

You only have attackers. You should use some more bulky pokémon, like a special defensive empoleon and a physical defensive bronzong.

Giving the choice scarf to galvantula who sets up sticky web isn't usefull. You waste one turn switching out because you're locked into it.

Shell smash on cloyster is well thought of, but is really useless when your choice scarf isn't knocked off. Rapid spin isn't smart on a choice scarfer either, when you've done the spinning the next turn you're locked in an useless move.

Levitate on bronzong is better because you have: Bronzong, Empoleon, Pyroar and Pikachu. They're all weak to ground type moves.

Giga impact on pyroar isn't good and here are the reasons: 1. Pyroar has a bse 68 attack, 2. You have an attack decreasing nature, 3. You need a turn to rest after using giga impact.

Your team has an huge fighting and rock weakness, without any good way of dealing with them, plus the rock weakness is bad because stealth rock is the most common move in competitive battling.
Fighting is one of the most common attacking type in the game, that's bad because the only way to deal super effective damage to them is with a zen headbutt from your Bronzong.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

team - Analysation of Test Team Requested: Critisism is welcome... Empty Thanks for the Reply

Post by Thundasius Sun May 31, 2015 8:48 am

Thanks for the Reply so some Pokemon I can still use for Different teams and in the future I can prevent some mistakes I make here. I have revised my Team and I most say I got my first win whit this this team, granted my Opponent was using Water Pokemon. And I accidently had Levitate on Bronzong.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heathproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Trick Room

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Roar
- Signal Beam
- Scald
- Blizzard

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
Quirky Nature
- Encore
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Galvantula (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Fang

Cloyster @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Spike Cannon
- Clamp

I had taken your feedback into consideration by replacing Pyroar with a Fast Physical Sweeper Aerodactly who has Mega Evolution for an extra boost in Stats. As for the Roar I moved ont Empoleon since he can take better hits than pyroar after Bronzong had the change to include Stealth Rock I use Empoleon when my Bronzong has fainted to switch the Team around and let them take damage by Stealt Rock tough I think I can expand my strategy a bit more. As for the speed disadvantage I picked Trick Room to Give Empoleon and Bronzong a speed advantage for the first 5 turns.
Thundasius
Thundasius
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Sun May 31, 2015 9:01 am

This is better.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Sun May 31, 2015 9:03 am

Do you want to test out the team by battling against me? I have an ou mixed team.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

team - Analysation of Test Team Requested: Critisism is welcome... Empty Not today

Post by Thundasius Sun May 31, 2015 10:18 am

I would love to test it but I do not have the time left today.
Thundasius
Thundasius
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Sun May 31, 2015 10:27 am

Ok. You can join the chatbox and if I'm online and in the chatbox you can ask then.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down