Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Dragon Arbock Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Judging;

ThatBritishYoshi wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Ndlf2w
Right away this looks like a pretty well done fusion. The balance is good, and these two pokemon work seamlessly together. Looking in close, there are just a few minor nitpicks I have, and those are that the tail could have used some shading, and there's a tiny bit of double pixelation on the face. Otherwise, great job.
B+

DracaufeuX wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 1sfqtj
Not a bad idea, but it falls a bit flat. Around the head there's some blue left over that doesn't look that great, and there's some missing pixels from the outline of its left leg. Also, the head looks a bit small for the body.
C

Fireckraker wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Silverleague_sprite_contest_entry__zoroark_gabite_by_fireckraker-d8j3ued
This sprite looks nice at first glance. Looking a bit longer though and I noticed a weird stray yellow pixel off its left fin. Also, the replaced feet don't appear to be attached correctly, as the lines leading down from the legs should not be there. While I like this sprite, it isn't a very balanced fusion, and is overwhelmingly Zoroark.
C

13gamer2000 wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Dragon12
Not terribly bad, but this sprite has some poignant flaws. The front wing is a bit highset, and the back wing should be shifted over to be more visible. The front antennae is also too long in a way that is not justified by perspective. The gem on the forehead has double-pixelation, and there's an outline shade on the mane that's much too light. Also, this sprite is a three-way fusion, when technically this round was for two-ways.
D

Leopardmask wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 O79gl4
This fusion you chose for yourself would be difficult to make work. Technically what you did was fine, but it isn't very balanced and would have taken extensive scratch to mix well. That being said, I like what you did with the eyes, but I just don't feel there's enough there to make it feel not like Duskull.
C

CrimsonIgnis wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Etffxh
I'll start by saying I like the idea of this fusion, too, but something about what you chose to do with the wings doesn't work in your favor. They should have been kept as vibrant as the body colors, but instead it looks like you tried to make them semi-transparent? Either way they're more washed out. The rest of the fusion is pretty nice, and I like the head, though the position of the yellow feather puzzles me. All the little touches are nice though.
B

SilverRiolu wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 23gyyw2
This sprite is intriguing, but has several technical flaws. I can see that when you took the part hanging off the far side of the head, yo didn't edit Lucario's snout out. Or if that was intentional, it just doesn't look good. The fin-like sections hanging off the arms don't connect well, and the one hanging off its right should be positioned behind the body. This isn't a bad idea, but it wasn't executed as well as it could have been.
D

Brawler139 wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 06ce5c30b59449e45c1c39a8d0657f94-d8j6oy5
This.. is a bit creepy. Congrats on that. ..Anyway, the sprite isn't bad. The arms are attached fairly well, but the legs look like they're just tacked on, and could have used more of an upper leg. Also, the swirl on the stomach should have been angled, since the area it sets on is.
B-

Jathavan wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Dusknoir___honchkrow____duschkrow_by_jathavansiva-d8j2uvc
Well there's definitely a lot going on here. This certainly isn't a bad idea. On;y real flaws I can find is that the shape of the feathers on the back wing aren't very natural (and even if this was the original sprite's fault, it's prudent to pick up on these things and fix them.) Also I don't really like the marks on the forewing, but I can't take away for that.
B+

LlamaMinister wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 9kq913
I'd yell jpeg, but you said this was a bitmap. Unfortunately they have the same effect though. Bitmaps look fine on your computer but they don't display well on the web. I learned this when I had to use a computer that was too old for png. Just remember not to use bitmap next time. Regardless, this sprite is fairly good. While it is a bit too much Dragonite, it still works well.Some of the lines you filled in for the scaly stomach aren't very smooth though, and I unfortunately still have to dock for the file type.
C-

EndlessTetris wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 KDA5lob
Not bad, but this idea unfortunately doesn't work as well as you hoped. It's nice, but in the end it's just an Alakazam with a Hypno's head and hand. The sprite itself isn't bad, but the shading on the mane is weird and unnatural, and the outline of it had some double pixeled spots.
C

Yria/Mara LB wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Primal_tyrandon_by_yria101-d8jbxq2
At first glance I really like this. However, there is one thing that bothers me. The little red-orange bits may work fine in the small streams of yellow, but on the stomach patch they look awful. They have nothing to mesh with there- they're just red dots. Otherwise the fusing is mostly great, though I would have put an outline around the far knee. Still a nice sprite though.
B+

BetaX64 wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Deoxar10
I had been wondering when you'd drop by. Needless to say, you didn't disappoint. This fusion appears very nice and balanced, and I think what you did is rather clever. Up close, it's fused fairly well, though I think there's one or two places where the shading and outline color should be changed. The light source almost seems to be coming more from the top, but the outline on the head is very dark.
A

1st; BetaX64
2nd; ThatBritishYoshi, Yria/Mara LB and Jathavan
3rd; (N/A, too many 2nd places, sorry)

Next round- Create a trainer sprite for the trainers in the new games since they no longer have ones.
Due date; 3/7

Last edited by Dragon Arbock on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:54 pm

BetaX64 wrote:
It's Ankh!

Yes, someone got it! Ankh was my inspiration for the sprite.
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:14 pm

CrimsonIgnis wrote:
BetaX64 wrote:
It's Ankh!

I first glance that sprite. it was a good sprite. Second glance, I just notice the color and then I shouted IT'S ANKH! I'm such a Kamen Rider Fanatic.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:16 pm

BetaX64 wrote:
CrimsonIgnis wrote:
BetaX64 wrote:
It's Ankh!

I first glance that sprite. it was a good sprite. Second glance, I just notice the color and then I shouted IT'S ANKH! I'm such a Kamen Rider Fanatic.

Me too, Beta. Me too.
Speaking of Kamen Rider I'm working on a Kamen Rider Skull sprite
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Next round, What do you mean by this Trainer Sprites?
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:27 pm

CrimsonIgnis wrote:
BetaX64 wrote:
CrimsonIgnis wrote:
BetaX64 wrote:
It's Ankh!

Me too, Beta. Me too.

Good luck with that. I've finish Kamen Rider Ryuga Trainer sprites. Didn't do the mugshot though i'm still working on it. I'm not doing the survive form though. Speaking of what you said I'm Going to make Kamen Rider W.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:34 pm

BetaX64 wrote:
CrimsonIgnis wrote:
BetaX64 wrote:
CrimsonIgnis wrote:
BetaX64 wrote:
It's Ankh!

Me too, Beta. Me too.

Good luck with that. I've finish Kamen Rider Ryuga Trainer sprites. Didn't do the mugshot though i'm still working on it. I'm not doing the survive form though. Speaking of what you said I'm Going to make Kamen Rider W.

Cool.
Now count up your sins! xD
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:02 pm

Welp, thread=off topic :/

BetaX64 wrote:Next round, What do you mean by this Trainer Sprites?

I mean, every generation before this one, the trainers are sprited. Now they're just some portrait, so I want you all to take one of the trainer portraits, and make a sprite based off of it.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:45 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:Welp, thread=off topic :/

I mean, every generation before this one, the trainers are sprited. Now they're just some portrait, so I want you all to take one of the trainer portraits, and make a sprite based off of it.
oh like use six gen trainer portraits and turn into trainers sprite right?
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:52 pm

BetaX64 wrote:

oh like use six gen trainer portraits and turn into trainers sprite right?

Yes, that's the idea.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:05 pm

Does this include characters who have a model instead?
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:37 pm

CrimsonIgnis wrote:

Does this include characters who have a model instead?

Sure, since characters like Lysandre would fall into that.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:56 pm

Okay then, my submission will be Professor Sycamore

trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Prof_sycamore_by_crimsonignis-d8jxsux
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:47 am

trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 X_and_10
All that from scratch build.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:14 am

So like use the X transiever sprites? or am I totally wrong probaly.

EDIT: Nvm I was totally wrong get it now nvm this I didnt write this...

Last edited by Yria/Mara LB on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Empty It's bonding time!

Post by ThatBritishYoshi Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:01 am

trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 4FWe2bF

He's not a trainer, but he was the first to come to mind. It's Mr Bonding!

Hooray.
ThatBritishYoshi
ThatBritishYoshi
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell Justice Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:34 am

I can't participate in this round (Scratch=too difficult for me) Sad

Last edited by DracaufeuX on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:27 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Forget)
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatBritishYoshi Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:09 am

DracaufeuX wrote:I can't participate in this round (Scratch=too difficult for me) Sad

It's not a X and Y or ORAS trainer but it's just my better sprite Wink

trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 1zxw2ud

It doesn't need to be scratched.
ThatBritishYoshi
ThatBritishYoshi
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:49 am

For clothes its handy i do that most of the time.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell Justice Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:42 am

Woops I just finish a Aqua Grunt (She's ugly) but this is my ENTRY :

trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 293hmjr

(Yep It's a scratch pale )
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:48 am

ThatBritishYoshi wrote:trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 4FWe2bF

He's not a trainer, but he was the first to come to mind. It's Mr Bonding!

Hooray.

(quotes so I can see.. but it's weird because you did the bb code right this time.. I don't get it.)
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 Empty ...

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:02 pm

DracaufeuX wrote:Woops I just finish a Aqua Grunt (She's ugly) but this is my ENTRY :

trainer - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 3 293hmjr

(Yep It's a scratch pale )

ehhm...Outlines have fallen in the water...So did her face... For the other part it looks kinda okay...I geuss...
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell Justice Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Don't worry I agree with you but , I am forced to post a 6th gen sprite ,So I've Killed Scratch a Aqua Grunt (I'm very baaaaaad at Scratch !)
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:20 pm

DracaufeuX wrote:(I'm very baaaaaad at Scratch !)

You dont need to Scratch it...
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell Justice Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:04 pm

What's the other méthode?
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next