Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generic Trainer rp

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Generic Trainer rp - Page 4 Empty Re: Generic Trainer rp

Post by Kindoflame Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Spoiler:

....Why is this Solrock attacking us? There is no trainer to order it and aggressive wild Pokemon do not claim territory need routes. Maybe it holds a grudge against humans because some poac- STOP! The point is that it is attacking. I can figure out its motive later. How badly is Chol hurt? Based on the speed he was traveling and his mass I can estim- STOP! The only thing I can do right now is return him to his Pokeball. His level of injury is worthless information. It is a 1 on 5 fight, so our numbers is our advantage. We should set up a perimeter and attack from multiple angles. The pentagon our Pokemon make should be regular, modified based on effective attack range and dodging speed. I can quickly estimate the correct modif- STOP! I cannot. There are too many variables. Return Pokemon until it is 1 on 2, preserving the numerical advantage while decreasing calculation time.

...."Nory! Return 2 of your Pokemon!"

...."What!? We have it outnumbered! We should-"

...."Just .@$&)^#{.. do it!" Nory stared at Kind wide eyed for a moment. He had never heard Kind swear before, or even yell. Sure, he raised his voice during Pokemon battles, but that was just to be heard. What just happened was completely different. There was another explosion as Amp's Thunder Shock was blocked by a Rock Thrown.

....Amp seems to he doing better than anyone else right now "Return Lil' Sev! Return Buckets! Amp Charge!"

...."Charev, provided suppressing fire with Fury Swipes! Chol and Shootaf, return! One Totadile, two Totadile, three Totadile. Double Team! Nory!"

...."Got it! Amp, give it everything you got! Use..."

Spoiler:
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:23 am

What is he doing? Scyther versus a Rock-Type, is he suicidal?!"Double Team! Nory!"Correction: Genius. "Got it! Amp, give it everything you got! Use...Two Charges... Thunder Wave!" "Keep using Double Team Charev!" Charev was struggling. It was a matter of time before all the Double Teams in the world won't help him, paralasys not withstanding.

Nory trusted Kind with all his heart, but he had an idea he was itching to put into motion, and he wasn't the only one.

"~Gah! It really is true what they say about bugs!~" Charev wasn't listening, one hit and it's over, that's all he could focus on. Shemesh's train of thought, however, was all over the place. This has stopped being a test quite a while ago, she is just angry now. No, not angry, UTTERLY LIVID IS MORE LIKE IT! ~CHEAP tactics! That's what this is! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!~

Nory swiped his hand past his waist as he bent over, "Charge!", then straightened. And that's when it hit her. "~What kind of unmannered human chucks a ROCK at a POKEMON?!~"
A dirty Pokeball was laying on the ground behind her.
"NOW!!" Distracted, Shemesh was hardly quick enough to react to a particularly nasty Bite from a Lurking Striker. A tad confused, Charev used his Fury Swipes to cover for his comrade as she slithered away to a safe distance from the "Thunder Shock!"
Panting. All she could hear was her own mental panting. Why was panting even a thing she could concive herself doing? Well, they're clever she'll give them that.

Spoiler:

Last edited by NGamerS on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : #AdventureDadKind)
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:35 am

Spoiler:

"Charev!" Kind ran over to his downed Pokemon.

Charev slowly got to his feet with assistance and replied in between deep breaths, "~King Master, I am fine.~"

"Is everyone alright?" Nory asked while rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, we are all fine. I think that the Solrock will not be a problem anymore."

"What on Earth happened?"

"Amp did... did something. I am not sure."

"~N-N-Nory~"

"Sev! Sev! Is that you?" Nory's sight finally returned and he saw what was before him. Oh no. Lil' Sev was lying on the ground in a awkward pose with burns dotting his body. His breaths were much too shallow and sparse. Nory sprinted past Amp, who was on a knee and clutching her chest while hyperventilating. "Sev! Come one, stay with me. SEV!"

Spoiler:
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Generic Trainer rp - Page 4 FZ3cjyjl

Generic Trainer rp - Page 4 3fg3zlMl

Generic Trainer rp - Page 4 Rkjjwosl

Generic Trainer rp - Page 4 XyW2wYNl

Generic Trainer rp - Page 4 ITpsE0Gl

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kindoflame on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:20 am

Generic Trainer rp - Page 4 Whatsa10
Spoiler:
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:58 am

Nory put Lil' Sev back in her Pokeball.
"Is he okay?" "She" "What?" "Sev is female. I thought you knew."
Kind and Nory heard a faint gravely screech as the Solrock rose.
"~Oh no.. You.. *huff* Don't...!~" Amp tried getting up to keep fighting, but was stopped by a combination of Nory's arms around her and the Solrock's words, interuppted with panting and gasping. "~You've done well. Truly you have the tenacious spirit I seek. You see~" Amp spat on the Psychic-Rock type. "~...You see, I am Shemesh, servant of Lunala. I believe you are the correct candidates for my mission.~" Nory was clutching Sev's Pokeball and sobbing I did this. Me and my stupid plans. Should've just listened to Kind. "~..Umm.. I. I need you to.. W-Would you appreciate healing?~" The look Amp gave Shemesh at that moment was one she continue to puzzle over for about a month, but she got the message. "~Ahot!~" A chansey came from the woods, treating the injured out of their Pokeballs and then asking to see Sev. When she was sent out, more Chanseys joined. Nory couldn't look. "~uhh... You may rest a day in the town before I speak to you again, here. This is a matter of safety among the Legendary. Be cautious.~"

No one wanted to return to that Solrock, but a matter concerning Legendary Pokemon was Important, not to mention intriguing. Charev was the first to support the idea. Shootaf followed suit, and Chol was not one to disagree with the Quilava. Buckets took a neutral position, once it was clear comedy was unwelcome. Amp had nothing to say, but the fact she is against the idea was voiced perfectly already.

The Pokemon Center's nurse had assured them Sev will be alright, especially with the care those Chanseys gave her. Nory remained silent throughout most of the ordeal.

The Pokemon Whisperer was having a really good day today! He managed to wake up early before his alarm clock, he had time for a nice breakfast, he was just SO full of energy! He came to the Center and began the usual. First just some travelers wanting to bond with their Pokemon, than the competetives spouting off about "Friendship Values" and "good Normal-Type STAB". Than a group of Pokemon came to try and deliver their trainers a message, and he delivered it as best he could. "From what I could gather, they want you to meet someone out of town tommorow. Would you know who that is?" "Yes, thank you." Kind offered the man a small tip, and returned to fussing over the events in his mind.
Nory sat. Sev was fine, medically speaking. But she was so unusually tired. So she slept, in his arms. He remembered when he was younger, he would pass her from hand to hand with each of her crawly, snappy movements he was so used to. *sigh*

Spoiler:
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:40 am

I know this is going to sound weird, but I want whoever comes next to make their post before reading mine.:

Some suggestions for NGamerS:
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:10 am

Sev was speaking to herself again. It had become a bad habit, she's afraid Amp has picked it up as well. To be fair. Nory started it.
She wasn't in pain right now. But she needed to let something be known, albeit to noone.
"~Do you believe in the idea of a "Starter" pokemon Nory? The idea that one pokemon is more important than it's teammates because they were first. They have to remain in the team. And they trump everyone with their strength. They stand alongside their trainer and get looked up to. '~She was here first. The prodigal partner. She's so important.~'
I don't like that idea. When it's just us I feel comfortable. Like right now. It always impressed me you could fall asleep on your knees like that, just resting your head on something. And let me pretend your listening. Even if you were you wouldn't know what I'm saying. But when there's other people, I go away. In the shadows. Self-dependant. I don't think that partner material. Not in a team. But Amp. She took charge. Heh heh. It's weird. I'm not that upset. Your plan made sense, I just failed to meet expectations.~" She pat him lightly on the head with her bladed tail. "~I'll be out of your hair soon.~"

Nory was ten years old when he went on his very own Pokemon journey. And as many trainers do, he had to choose his very first Pokemon to accompany him. In his parent's ranch there were many Pokemon, a wider variety than a professor could offer. But what has always intrigued Nory most, was talk of a snake in the nearby grass. He took it as his challenge to catch it, and it was the first challenge he completed along his journey. How long it took, he could not remember at this point, but he knows it only took a moment for him and his Seviper to bond. He had heard of the snake for several years now, but against his own expectations, his brother decreed it was a rather fraile Seviper overall, and he suggested that he take one of the rowdier Mareep they had, which was causing problems for them as is. And he said yes. And although he started with two Pokemon, one was first. One was his partner. And the other. His dearest friend.

Amp was feeling many emotions during her talk with Buckets. as she recounted her tale of the fight, and how she felt afterwards.
Buckets was bummed he didn't get to do much, but he remained hopelessly opptimistic none the less! A brave smile in the face of crushing depression and envy is a sign of good things to come he was suddenly, endlessly, convinced! So absulutly, utterly convinced that he had forgotten to listen to his woolen companion. What was she saying?
"~-andimreallyfreakingoutandmaybealsobugknightdudegothurtandidontwanthertobemadatmeHELP!~"
"~Uhh.. Umm.. C-care to repeat that, light speed? Heh. Hehheh...~"
Amp took a deep breath.
"~Well, it's just that... Sev and I never really talk. Not that either of us are very good at it. To be honest, I think this is the most I've ever told someone of anything. Usually I just.. I fight a lot? I love it when I fight because it's my way to express myself. Like your puns. But it hurts people. And this is the first time it. HURT people. MY people. I'm so psyched that I could do that big powerful move, and show up Shootaf, and beat a huge Solrock... An-And I shouldn't feel bad about them, right? 'Cause they're okay! So I shouldn't.. I was just doing my job. I shouldn't feel so guilty right?~"
"~Uhh.. I mean. Don't beat yourshelf up about it??~"
"~GAH! AWFUL EMOTIONAL SUPPORT, THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE!!bye!~" And she continued to grumble her way outside.
~Great~ Buckets thought. ~I guess I really am useless~

Spoiler:
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:51 pm

...."What were you thinking? No, don't answer that. It is clear that you WEREN'T! Are you a special brand of stupid, or does Lugia only hire the dumbest to make himself look smarter?

...."Hey! Don't you dare talk that way about my master, or I'll mount your head in his undersea cave as a trophy!"

...."You think he will even want to hear the name Shemesh after he learns how badly you messed up!"

...."Listen, we can fix this."

...."Really! Tell me 'O Great and All Knowing One'; tell me how 2 Pokemon are supposed to do the impossible."

...."It is not impossible. We can talk to the humans telepathically. Psychic Type Pokemon communicate with their trainers all the time."

...."You and I both know that a mental bond like that takes weeks, sometimes months to form! Even then, the strongest bonds can only transmit emotions and images."

...."You're exaggerating. My master has talked in clear words to humans he barely knew before."

...."Lugia has been training for millennia! Millennia! If I did not know any better, I would guess that you were hatched last Wednesday."

...."Well... We can have the Pokemon Whisperer translate for us."

.... "HOW CAN ANYONE BE THIS STUPID! We weren't even suppose to let them know they were being tested, and you want to go and tell the whole story to some 2-bit hack. I am sure that Aleph would absolutely love that idea."

...."Maybe we should just not go?"

...."Imagine if some stranger attacked you, offered to explain why later, and then never explained why. Is that the type of Pokemon you'd help out in the future?

...."...No, but-"

...."Exactly! That is probably the only option that will end with then never helping us."

...."Fine then! What do you suggest?"

...."..."

...."..."

Spoiler:

Message to new players (including Trishade):
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:50 am

Nory had woken up to find Sev missing. He was immediately ready to start a search party, before noticing Amp had gone off on her own as well. Best case scenario to look for Sev. Worst...

Kind had barely enough time to exit his own room before he had trainer all over his torso. Trainer and tears and.. Eww. The only thing that could set him off like that. No, no she couldn't have, she was doing so well, a Seviper of her age and condition could easil-Just shut up and hug him back!
"Uhh.. T-There there."
"I-Uh, she" Once Nory had gotten over his poor emotional state he was able to explain more fluently what happened. "That's... Good? I mean, she can slither around at least. Not far, I'm sure. Which is.. Um.. Bad?" Et tu, the English language? "Let's go look for- Oh god we have a Solrock to meet that's right. B-But I'm sure we can communicate our troubles to it. Somehow."
Nory had managed to take a deep breath. "No. No, it's fine. You can go. Buckets and I we'll... We'll figure it out."

After semi-forcing Nory to eat before going, Kind donned his hat and left to the specified meeting place. "...Nory couldn't make it... Nory's my younger companion, with the crazy hair."
Shemesh was just hopefull she could explain it properly. With one less head to figure it out... Oh Arceus. She had stockpile several stones outside of town earlier, some gathered, some of her own making. She used her psychic powers to arrange the stones beneath her into something which may look a bit like a human torso, than rotated her body up and down the Z axis. Paused. And rotated her body around the Y axis.
"..I don't quite understand the rock formation. Are you saying we can communicate with "Yes or No" questions?" Up and down Z. "That answer may have some holes in it, but I'll take it as a yes." Shemesh was at a loss of how to reassure him. She nodded yes again.
"Now than, allow me to confirm all the data we have so far:"
"~...~"
"That's about right."
Shemesh constructed a Genesect out of the rocks.
"What.. What is this? Is it a place?" She nodded no. "A statue? Do you want something from a museum?" No.
Shemesh tried moving the rocks a bit. Waving the arm parts, opening the mouth, using her powers to glow it's eyes. "...Are you trying to emulate a person?" No. "Pokemon?" An aggresive yes. "...I've never seen something like this before. It's like... Like a deformed Kabutops? Are you here on behelf of a sick Pokemon?" Two consecutive No's. Presumably to answer both questions. "...Is it a rare Pokemon?" Yes. "Very rare?" Yes! "...Are you here on behelf of a Legendary Pokemon?" YES! YES?! Yes. "..."
Kind had a lot of information to process, but the Solrock went on with her surprisingly succesful explanation. She wrapped the figure with a boxy rock formation. "It's.. Trapped?" No. "It's... Dead?" No. "..Hiding? Is it hiding from something?" Yes. "Can.. Can you tell me where?"
"~...~" No.
"..Well. That's.. Umm.. Could you SHOW me where? When I regroup with Nory and we both understand why you wanted us to come here and talk to you." Yes. Baby steps, Kind, you can do it. "Why is it hiding? Has it been attacked?" No. "Is it in exile of some sort?" No. "...Does it even really matter?" No. Kind could swear that nod had some smuggness in it.

Shemesh was experiencing a real test of patience with this human. ~You brought this on yourself Shemesh. Okay, let's try...~ Shemesh made a linking chain of small rocks with a big one at the end. "This looks like... A flail?" No. Followed by a short yes. And something not even Shemesh really understood. "...Sort of.. Like a flail?" Yes. "A... Wrecking ball?" Yes. "It's hiding spot is about to be teared down." Yes. "And you want me to do what? Stop it?" Yes. "..." This is insane. The only word befitting what this Solrock's plan is. Is utterly insane. "I.. How.. How am I supposed to do that?" Silence. "...Can't it find a new place to hide?" No. Kind had suspected as such. If it truly had to be in solitude, there aren't many places it could go. Traveling alone may prove dangerous. For all he knows, it's gigantic and slow, making moving too much difficult as is. "You showed me a wrecking ball. It's hiding place will be built on." Yes. "Will the place it is located in give me more insight as to the construction's nature?" ...Yes, she nodded after a pause. "Than I suppose we will regroup tomorrow. Again. Here." Yes. Yes.. ~Yes!~

Spoiler:

Last edited by NGamerS on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake in Shemesh's dailouge)
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:36 pm

....Nory tossed 3 Pokéballs into the air. There was a flash of light, followed by Buckets doving into his container while Shootaf and Charev looked around in confusion. "Guys, everything is okay. Kind lent you to me for the day. He is going to meet that Solrock, while we form a search party."

...."~Search party? Has someone gone missing?~" inquired Shootaf.

....Nory did not know what Pokemon said, but she had a pretty good guess. "Sev and Amp have disappeared. Sev is still weak so she couldn't have gotten far, and hopefully Amp is out looking for her."

....Bucket remarked, "~I don't think so. Sea was beating hershellf up over what happened yesterday pretty hard.~"

...."~You think she ran away?~" Shootaf asked with concern in his voice.

...."~No. Sea probably went for a walk and got lost.~"

...."Listen everyone, Kind printed out a map and marked it with the best places to search. I have no idea when or how he did this, but if it helps by find Amp and Sev, I don't care." Nory reached into his pocket and pulled out two pieces of paper. The first was a map covered in arcane lines and shapes of various colors; the second was a short essay titled 'Key'.

Generic Trainer rp - Page 4 GzijVFn

...."Umm, yeah. I got no idea what this means. Do you have any ideas?" The Pokémon took one look at the map, and shook their heads in unison. Nory angrily stuffed the map into his pocket. Stupid Kind. Why can’t you act like a normal human for once? "Forget about the stupid map. Let's just go." Shootaf quickly jumped in front of her. "Shootaf, stop being stupid and get out of my way! We need to get going." Shootaf pointed at each person and then a different direction. "Oh, you want to split up." The Volcano Pokemon nodded vigorously. "Good idea... and sorry for calling you stupid."

...."~No problem. I knew you didn't mean it. You're just stressed out. You don't even want to know how Kind would react if one of his Pokemon disappeared.~" Charev looked over his shoulder and shuffled his feet a little.

...."Me and Buckets will go that way, and you two go that way. We meet up back here at noon."
Spoiler:
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Amp set out to find Sev, but was unfortunately preoccupied taking out her frustrations on a tree. Followed by crying on a tree. Followed bOH GOD WHY IS IT SCREAMING?!

Amp's Tips!~ Wink #5: Before crying, check parameter for nearby Sudowoodo.

"~I am very sorry I startled you. Water has quite the adverse effect to my people. See?~"
"~Yes. I apologise.. I'll get going.~" "~Now now. Young one. You do not cry to merely get going later. Stay a while.~"
Amp reluctently agreed and set down near the elderly Pokemon. His wrinkled, flakey greyness almost made him seem even more tree-like than the younger specimens.
"~Would it make you more comfortable. To ask me a question before we speak. *cough* Of you?~"
"~...If you can't stand water, why do you pretend to be a plant?~"
"~...~"
"~D.. Did I touch a nerve?~"
As Amp was preparing to get up and leave the old rock croaked "~It's so Water. Grass. and Ground types will think we are Grass types. And so they stay away from us. While Flying. Bug. And Ice types come near. And get a good bop on they're gnoggin.~"
Amp chuckled as she was listening to his gravely voice. She could tell he enjoyed talking, despite not being able to breathe quite as well as he used too.
"~I'm sorry to tell you, a lot of people know this already.~" "~There's a sucker born every minute child. Now I get to ask you.~" He swallowed quietly "~A question. Why were you crying?~"
Amp buried her face in her own wool. "~A friend of mine...~" "~Speak up child. Have not established I am old?~"
Amp allowed herself half a smile "~A good friend of mine has gone missing. And.. It was after I'd hurt them.~" The Imitation Pokemon gazed upon her thoughtfully. He breathed. "Yet you still call them friend. An accident I presume?~" "~Yes.~" "~And do they know?~" Amp stopped.
"~Yes.~" She must know. If her trainer has half a brain she MUST know.
"~Well than. What does that have to do with anything?~"
Amp stared at the mon in disbelief.
"~Much like how you do not get going after a cry... You do not scamper off after an accident.~"
"~That... That makes sense. Thank you.~" "~Your welcome.~"
As Amp was leaving she realized she gotten a good look at him. Or his name for that matter.
She turned to face the crumbling, hunched figure, holding an impromptu wooden cane and brandishing a fake beard made of tree sap and red leaves. "~What's your name?~"
"~Selluh!~"
He turned and left.
"~...He actually met me earlier. Either he's senile or just a very playful old mon.~"
Amp turned slowly, before pouncing onto the slender figure before her. "~PAIN!!~"
Amp got up, took a step back and spread her arms to either side of body, breaking into a nervous sweat.
"~I got fried earlier. In case you forgot.~"
Amp was speechless and on the verge of tears. Lil' Sev rubbed against her companions stomach with her head, as they both fell to a comfortable repose.

"~...Amp?~"

"~...Yes?~"

"~..I'd like you to have something.~"
"~Ok, what is EWW OH MY GOODNESS WHY ON ME NOOOOO~"
Lil' Sev had to shake herself off a bit. Those burns made molting a difficult task.
"~Why Sev? Why do you do this? TnT~"*
"~I'm... Leaving, Amp.~" The sheep's eyes widened.
"~Wha-Um-No-Where?~" She held her friend gently in her arms "~..Don't~"
Sev could keenly sense the wetness on her fresh scales. "~I... I have to leave. I know I can't explain it well. I simply must.~" "~...Can you atleast try?~"

"~Do you remember the Mightyena attack?~"
Amp nodded. "~We were outnumbered. Some of my family on the ranch lost their lives that night. Yet I fought. It was right at my point of exhaution that a Seviper came to my rescue. And a much less cool Seviper also showed up I guess.~"
"~My, how have you not fallen head over heels for this mysterious beauty? I would've swooned right into their arms with my hand hanging on my forehead if I were you. And had hands. And they had arms. And I also seem to recall that that was the Seviper's only contribution. A sneak attack at the last second. And people got hurt because of it. Sound familier?~"
"~B-But this time only you got hurt! That doesn't count! I-Uhh, what about all the other times?~"
"~That was you. You are a fighter. I am a coward. We have not won any Gym Badges. We have caught one additional party member. I let Nory keep me out of Buckets' catching because of his ground typing, despite his lack of Pokemon. You wouldn't have done that. I climbed a tree to stike once than disappear. Like many times before. But I preformed one act of courage, as I saw the damage your sudden Discharge could make. I circled back to the Solrock and used myself as a lightning rod for your attack, lest Charev or our trainers get hurt too badly. And look where bravery has got me.~"
"~No! You can get better at fighting!~" "~I am more experienced than you by far. And yet I suffer. I am not meant to fight Amp.~" "~Than don't fight!~" "~We are the loyal team of a Pokemon trainer that sought to surpass the great people before him in combat. As passive as he is, a Pokemon that can't fight is a blight upon any team.~" "~Just stay! Please! Just be here! I.. I need you Sev. I can't do this without you. I can't be the best if you aren't there. It's... It's not worth it.~" Sev chuckled.
"~Than be the best for Nory. And Kind. And that kid Chol, and to rub it in Shootaf's face, and for Buckets to look up to you and become a fighter instead of just another clownfish.~"
"~And when you will become the best I'll be there to celebrate. No matter how much distance sets us apart. So look up. Wipe you face. And raise you tail a little.~"
Amp did as she was told. She felt some delicate movements on her tail. And heard some faint sounds of shuffling.
"~There.~" Amp looked upon her tail, which was now decorated with sheded scales, tied into a neat butterfly like bow at the tail's base. "~Selluh arranged a transport for me. I'm going back home.~"
"~At least wait. Wait for everyone to find us and say goodbye.~" "~And how long will that be?~"
Amp set with Sev in her lap in an oh so familiar fashion. "~With my luck?~" They relaxed as they watched the scenery, a river splitting in two and flowing ever onward. "~Shortly.~"

Spoiler:
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 am

Nory and Buckets were the first to run into Lil' Sev and Amp.
Nory saw the girls huddled together, and as much as he wanted to run up to them and hold them close, he didn't. He saw Amp's face and started walking slowly toward them before sitting down near Sev, opposite to the Electric Pokemon.

Kind arrived with his team, once a short phone call was made to arrange a rendezvouz.
Everyone was silent and no one quite knew why. As they sat and looked at the sky, waiting for a countdown to end with no particular clock stepping forward to claim it.

Selluh stepped out of the woods to wave Lil' Sev over.
"~What's happening Shootaf?~" Chol asked as Nory embraced Sev and murmurs of gratitude and goodbyes spread among the party.
"~I think she's leaving now.~" Shootaf wasn't sure what was happening, or what to say. "~It's.. Been an honor.~"

Honchkrow descended, waiting for the Seviper to climb utop them. Amp watched the large bird fly away until they vanished completly into the sky. Not many words were uttered that day. They felt too precious at that time.

Spoiler:
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:14 pm

....The next morning Kind and Nory walked to the meeting place sluggishly. Neither had a Pokemon out. It did not seem appropriate somehow. “Hey. I’m sorry for not telling you anything at the Pokemon Center. I didn’t want a eavesdropper to hear anything. Do you understand?”

....“Yeah.”

....“So, the Solrock used rocks to make a rock figure that looked like a Pokemon, but it didn’t look like a Pokemon. I mean, not a Pokemon I recognized, so I used the PCs at the Center to look up Legendary Pokemon and tried to find something that looked like it. Oh yeah, the Solrock said it was working with a Legendary Pokemon. I mean, it didn’t say it, but it said it. And I could not find anything. It had 5 limbs. I think. Probably. 2 legs and 2 arms and a something on the back that went over the head. Can you think of anything like that?”

....“Uh-uh.”

....“Okay. Yeah, sure. Anyway, so I looked up any modern monster sightings on those conspiracy sites that have black backgrounds and use 20 fonts on a page and found a few things like Slenderman, which looks like a person, but without a face and back-tentacles. but the statue had eyes and Slenderman doesn’t, but maybe the sighting are just not that accurate, which makes sense because they’re from cheap website run by nutjobs.” They pair stopped shuffling along, for they had reached a familiar sight. “So anyway, here we are. Maybe we should let everyone out so that they can run around and have fun. I mean, if you think that’s a good idea, ‘cause maybe we shouldn’t let them have fun right now. Not that having fun is a bad thing! You probably want Amp to have some fun to cheer her up and help her, uh, forget...

....“~Forget what?~” Shemesh the Solrock inquired, forgetting for a second that the humans would not understand.

....Oh thank G-d. “You’re here now. That’s great! I mean, it is good you are here now. What is the next step we need to take?”

Spoiler:
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:42 pm

....Shemesh formed a crude circle out of several stones left here. The top half was made of dark stones, while the stones on the bottom were much more pale. She then showed the humans the two halves separating. “You want us to call out are Pokemon. Should all of them come out?” Shemesh did a quick nod. “I understand. Shootaf, Charev, and Chol, I need your assistance.”

....After a moment, Nory pulled out two Pokéballs and unenthusiastically called out, “Amp and Buckets, come on out.”

....“~Good. Now that you are all out we can- Wait a moment? What happened to the Serviper who was traveling with you.~”

....All the Pokemon started looking at each other awkwardly. None of them could bring themselves to say their old friends fate. Chol started wiping small, salty streams off of his face. Amp was the one who shattered the silence. “Sev left. She went back home. She didn’t want any-” There was a quiver in Amp’s voice, “-anyone getting hurt because she was not a strong enough fighter.”

....Hearing the truth out load was too much for little Chol to handle. With stinging tears flowing down his face, Chol ran towards Kind, who responded in the only way he could think of; kneeling down and tightly embracing Chol.

....Nory did not have to look at the odd expression on Kind's face to know that he was confused. “I think that the Solrock asked about Lil’ Sev.”

....“Oh...” Kind squeezed tighter.

....Shemesh bowed and said, “~I am sorry. That was tactless of me.~”

...."~No.~" Amp responded quickly. “We need to deal with this and move on. Now tell us who you are and what you want.”

....“My name is Shemesh. I am a simple servant of Lugia, the Guardian of the Sea and Master of the Winged Mirages. To understand my purpose, you must first be informed of the situation. There is a group of Pokemon in serious danger. Humans are planning to build a new town on their land. Conflicts such as this are nothing new, and compromises involving the wild Pokemon living in the town as citizens are so standard that it is taken as a given in almost all parts of the world. The problem with this situation is that the native group of Pokemon are Legendaries. Along with several other Pokemon of significance, Lord Lugia has been looking for a human to act as the Pokémons' ambassador to the humans. The hope is that they will convince the humans to build elsewhere before the situation escalates. This is all made more complicated by the fact that the leader of the the threatened group distrusts all humans, because their past interactions with humans have been… traumatic. They have declared that only a human who has earned their leader’s trust my learn of the their existence.~"

....“~Is that why you attacked us 2 days ago? You were testing us?~” inquired Shootaf.

....“~Exactly. Unfortunately, Lugia is not convinced that the tests your trainers have passed will be sufficient to satisfy the leader’s high standards. Therefore we must present you with another test.~”

....Chol had calmed down and joined the other Pokemon. “~Ms. Shemesh, what’s a ‘test’,~” Chol asked naively.

....Seeing that Shemesh was having trouble forming an answer to the question, Buckets turned to the young child and said, “A test is like a game. One person tells you to do something difficult, and you win if can get it done. Usually a reward is given to the winner.”

....“~Okay. Oh, and thank you. What game are we playing?~”

....Shemesh tried to regain her authoritative status by firmly stating, “~There is a place that the humans have named ‘Tel Hogimeh’. You must discover its location and travel there.~”

....Buckets asked, “~Conch you shell us where this place is?~”

....“~I am afraid not, for that is part of the test. I must leave now. May the Great Diver watch over you always.~”

....“~Bye-bye!~” Chol cheerfully ringed out. No one else felt quite as chipper as the juvenile.

Last edited by Kindoflame on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:40 am

Amp tugged at Kind's backpack, attracting his attention. He lowered his bag and adopted a blank look as the electric sheep partially buried herself in the man's belongings.
"~Aha!~" Amp cried triumphantly. She spread a map of the Tychone region on the ground and stared at it for a long while, lost in deep concentration.

Finally, she spoke: "~I can't read.~" The groaning of her fellow Pokemon was not lost on the trainers, who were feeling foolish for assuming a Flaafy would be capable of using a map.

For a long time the humans and their other-species companions set. One group held a puzzle and another, a solution.
"~Why is everyone so silent?~" Chol said, after a while of occupying himself with other thoughts.
"~We are trying to figure out how to tell the humans that we need to go to Tel Hodgimeh. Without knowledge of writing, or of what Tel Hodgimeh is, we cannot communicate our next location to them.~"
Charev explained thoroughly. Chol whispered to himself as he studied the map, long and hard. No one wanted to tell him to stop, partially due to a feeling of defeat.
"~It's here!~" Chol exclaimed, pointing at the map. Kind knelt over and mouthed the words pointed to him by the stubby hand of a Larvitar. "Tel Hodgimeh? Do we need to go there?" "~Swimposeable! How could you posea-bubbly guess that?!~" "~Oh, Kind tought me!~" "~He did n-When??~" Shootaf said with unfathomable confusion. "~Well, whenever he reads to me I make sure to ask lots of questions about all the funny symbols. Now I know what they are!~" At the same time Kind realized he had infact tought a Larvitar to read. He never expected Chol's questions to bear fruit, but those musings were unimportant, first priority: Taking some notes about this absurd development!
"Sooo.... Going to Tel Hodgimeh, I understand?" "Oh, uh, yes.[size=10] Is it only Larvitars? Is Chol gifted??[size=13]" Kind managed to answer Nory in between mumbles.[/size][/size]
[size=10][size=13]"Welp."[/size][/size]
[size=10][size=13]"~*Kelp.~"[/size][/size]
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:33 pm

....After thinking for a moment, Kind pointed to a city North-East of Tel Hodgimeh. "I think that we should head here next. Although it makes our path to Tel Hodgimeh sightly longer, it gives us a chance to resupply and exchange equipment."

...."Sounds like a good plan to me." Nory said energetically. "Let's get going!" The next 4 days went by rather uneventfully. The party had fallen into a rather consistent routine: wake up, eat breakfast, walk, eat lunch, walk, eat dinner, sleep. Neither Kind nor Nory had any reason to engage with the wild Pokemon in the area. Shemesh the Solrock was not seen again for she was off on another mission assigned by Lugia. Eventually they arrived at Lafua City.

....Nory looked around, making a point to stare at every other skyscraper that they passed. "Hey! Check it out! That one sky-scrapper is reflecting that other one, which is reflecting it! Its Sky-ception!"

....Kind walked through the crowded streets quite comfortably, with his trademark silence a sharp contrast to the loud and constant noises of the city and certain Pokemon. "Nory, Amp is doing it again."

....Amp was running around stopping to talk to every Pokemon she could see. This time she had cornered a young Wooper. "Hi! I am new in town! I love this city! I love all cities! They are so busy and constantly changing! Its like you never know what will happen next! Like, a whole gang could attack us right now and I'ld have to beat them all back on my own! Or there could be a thief right around that corner that needs a good clobbering!"

....Nory dragged Amp away from the terrified Wooper. After scaring 4 more Pokemon to the point of tears, Nory switched her out for Buckets. Considering he had never before been in a human town, much less a city, Buckets was handling the situation quite well. "findahappyplacefindahappyplacefindahappyplacefindahappyplaceWHERE'SMYHAPPYPLACE!"
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:50 am

If you were looking for the definition of relaxed, Nory's current mood is a sign your quest has not been in vain.
Bathing after days of walking through the region feels like a rare luxury. Simply the feeling of having less dirt, sweat, lint and oils stuck to your body is a kind of feeling none-trainers will never be able to truly appreciate. It is a sensation bordering on divine.
This place is really nice. Nory thought to himself, laying on a nice, fluffy bed in an otherwise small and empty room, bathroom not withstanding. Nory is not the kind of guy to muse on the exact economics of being a Pokemon Trainer, he understands them quite well. Nonetheless...

A majority of Pokemon trainers earn their money through gambles: The winner of a Pokemon battle gains some portion of money after defeating their opponent. Richer trainers maintaining a poor persona is a known issue in this world, which caused the widespread use of Trainer ID: A certificate, now partially digitized, documanting a trainer's earnings. Those come in the form of badges, ribbons, other prizes from known institutes and actual money. Underaged trainers, or those who operate without license, will typically put an equal sum of money at stake before the match, as opposed to the modern system, which uses a precentage of total amount of money and income. It is also common place to scavange for marketable plants, minerals and items typically held by Pokemon for additional profit at various outlets, although it has become a more discouraged activity now, due to a decreasing population of certain plants, and increased records of specific Pokemon species getting driven out of their natural habitat due to overeager trainers fighting them in mass to obtain rare items. Most notably, Farfetch'd in Kanto are being moved to the Safari Zone and having special laws governing them. Trainers are also privy to several goods and services, such as use of the Pokemon Center, discounts at some rest spots with trainers in mind, and basic aids such as Pokeballs and Potions are often provided to starting Pokemon trainers. Than there are Pokemon researchers: These trainers are given certain sums of money and supplies to conduct investigations regarding any subject deemed worthy by whoever is funding them. My research on the effect differant areas of living have on Pokemon, for example, is funded by Professor Elm from Johto."
Tzepora was listening with wide eyes and untold concentration. Nory was geniuenly impressed.
"So restocking just so happened to include helping your little cousin with her first Pokemon?" "As it naturally does."
Amp had her head up against a tree since about the second third of Kind's great onslaught of vocabulary, having scouted the area for unassuming Rock-types before hand. The comedy of her state was not lost on Shootaf.
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Dear Non-Existant Readers:

One

“Nory, can you please do me a favor.”

“Sure. What is it?”

“The Pokemon Center is 2 Blocks that way. Can you please take my Pokemon there?”

“No prob. Where are you heading?” Nory hurriedly added, “If you do not mind me asking.”

Two

“I am going to visit my kid cousin. They are in the other direction, so I figured that this would be the most efficient route.”

“What!?” Nory shouted in surprise, although they were already shouting in order to be heard over the city’s commotion. “We’ve been traveling here for days, and not once did you mention that you had family here!”

“You never asked,” Kind deadpanned.

“I asked you how you knew your way around so easily!”

“I told you that I had been here before.”

“Stop being such a wise-guy! You knew what I meant!”

After a carefully calculated pause, Kind replied, “I am sorry.”

“Just forget about it,” Nory said. He was quite tired and did not want to argue over pointless stuff. “Give me your Pokéballs.” He held out his hand.

Three

Instead of handing his Pokéballs. over, Kind said, “My cousin Ibon is a lot of fun. He’s right at that age where everything is exciting. I always have a lot of fun when I play with him.”

Nory dryly replied, “Good for you.” His hand remained noticeably empty for a few more moments. Eventually, Kind turned over his Pokéballs.

Nory turned to walk down the street, thinking about a relaxing bath he could have once he got to the Center. After traveling only half a block, someone frantically yanked on his shoulder from behind. It was Kind. He was wearing a mask of pure terror. A terror so fundamental that it threatened to break the very essence of his being. The arachnaphobe licking a spider; The agoraphobe standing at a podium. This terror was the weapon held in Room 101.

“Please come meet my relatives. I never meant to make you angry. If I knew that it mattered to you I would have told you as soon about them as soon as we meet that Solrock. And I’m-”

Dude! Calm down. Sure, I’d love to meet your family.” Kind wiped the moisture from his eyes with his palm. When he lowered his hand, the expression of fear was replaced by serenity. The change was so drastic that Nory questioned if he saw the fear at all.

After a short Walk, Kind and Nory stood at the base of an apartment complex. Kind looked down the long list by the door until he found the right name. He cleared his voice before pressing the corresponding button.

Four

“Who is this” a stern voice asked.

“It is Kind Flame and a friend.” A buzz signaled that the door had been unlocked. While Kind held it open, he told Nory, “You should put Buckets back in his Pokéball.”

“Why? It’s not like-”

“Trust me. It is better that way.”

Last edited by Kindoflame on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:10 am

"Hey, so who are your relatives that we are meeting anyway?" Nory asked during the long elevator ride.

"There is my Uncle Sargs, his wife Roje, and their son Ibon."

After a minute, the duo were standing before a metal door painted a solid white. Kind went to knock, but was interupted by a sound. Click. Ching. Rattle. The heavy door was pulled open to reveal a woman wearing a black dress and a bright smile. "Kind! It is so good to see you again. How have you been? And who's this friend of yours?"

Despite being trapped by a suffocating hug, Kind was able to reply. "Hello Aunt Roje. I have been doing well. This is Nory."

"It is a pleasure to meet you."

"Ibon will be so happy to see you and your friend! I just wish you called first. He is at the store right now with Sargs."

"Sorry." Kind's cheeks gained a hint of rosiness. "I forgot."

This caught Nory's attention. He forgot! I though Kind never forgot important things. Weird.

"Come in, come in," Roje said as she pulled her guests in by their hands. "I already called Sargs to let him know that you have stopped by. Let me get you something to drink. You must both be so thirsty. What would you like? We have goat milk, filtered water, apple juice, mango smoothies-"

"Water is fine," Nory said as politely as he could.

"Do you have any root beer?" Kind asked.

"No, sorry. We do not let Ibon have any sugary drinks."

"Apple juice is fine then."

Kind and Nory sat at a cold, marble table while Roje got the drinks. Soon she emerged from the hallway carrying two tall glasses that were dripping with condensation. Kind downed 2 thirds of his at once; Nory was sipping his at a much more modest pace.

With great interest, Roje asked Nory, "What do you do?"

"I am a Pokemon Trainer," Nory proclaimed quite proudly.

Roje did not give him a chance to elaborate, for she had turned to Kind and inquired, "What have you been getting up to?"

"I am currently working as an intern for a research professor."

"Really, what type of research?"

"My current assignment is to gather specimens from various environments. The professor will then cross reference them to find statistically significant trends and patterns."

Nory spent the next 10 minutes feeling like a 3rd wheel. Roje kept asking questions on every detail and Kind kept giving detailed answers.

She was having difficulty understanding exactly what Kind's job was, because he kept using scientific words instead of more common ones.

Fortunately, he was saved by a knock at the door.

Five

Roje went to the door and opened it wide, revealing an older man in a rather bland, black turtleneck holding a brown paper bag of groceries and a cute 10-year old in a grey sweater that he hated because it was so scratchy. "Kind!" the child yelled enthusiastically before dashing foward. Kind dropped to a knee and held Ibon in a tight embrace. This lead to Ibon making a rather informative observation. "Eew! Your stinky." That got a good laugh out of Nory.

"You try spending 4 days on the road in this heat without working up a sweat."

"O, how rude of me," Roje exclaimed. "Would you two like to wash up?"

Six

"Are you certain that it is acceptable for us both to take a bath?" Kind asked. Being a desert country, showers were the norm in the Tychone Region.

"Of course! It's not like we can't afford it," boasted Sargs.

"Kind! Kind! Tell me a story. Pleazzzzze."

"Nory, you do not object to bathing first, do you?"

"Na, of course not," Nory said as he walked down the hall. He came back a second later blushing slightly. "Hey, umm... where is it?"

"Second door on your left," answered Sargs.

"Okay. Thanks."

If you were looking for the definition of relaxed, Nory's current mood is a sign your quest has not been in vain. Bathing after days of walking through the region feels like a rare luxury. Simply the feeling of having less dirt, sweat, lint and oils stuck to your body is a kind of feeling non-trainers will never be able to truly appreciate. It is a sensation bordering on divine. "This place is really nice," Nory thought to himself, laying on a nice, fluffy bed in an otherwise small and empty room. Nory is not the kind of guy to muse on the exact economics of being a Pokemon Trainer, although he understands them quite well. Kind, on the other hand...

"A majority of Pokemon trainers earn their money through gambles: The winner of a Pokemon battle gains some money the loser. The more badges and ribbons a trainer has, the more money they have to bet on the match. This way, even though newer trainer win less often, when they do win they get enough to support them for quite a while. Trainer IDs, which are held in a Pokedex, keeps track of a trainer’s progress to ensure that there is no bad people trying to cheat. Trainers who do not gather badges or ribbons bet the same amount of money that the other person does. Although, these types of trainers tend to be supported by an outside agent, so they do not need the money from battles quite so much. For example, I work for Professor Elm in Johto, who gives me money every month.

"It is also common place to scavenge for marketable plants, minerals and items naturally found in the wild or typically held by Pokemon, although it has become a more discouraged activity now. This is due to a decreasing population of certain plants, and increased records of specific Pokemon species getting driven out of their natural habitat due to overeager trainers fighting them in mass to obtain rare items. Most notably, Farfetch'd in Kanto are being moved to the Safari Zone and having special laws governing them. Trainers also get special stuff, like staying at Pokemon Centers and discounts at PokeMarts. In addition, basic items such as Pokeballs and Potions are often provided to starting Pokemon trainers in order to give them a grace period when they are still learning the ropes of being a trainer." Ibon was listening with wide eyes and untold concentration. Nory was genuinely impressed with Kind's explanation. He took a rather complex topic and explained it very easily to a 10 year-old.

Spoiler:
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Nory was awkwardly waiting in the guest room of a stranger's house after failing to refuse Ruje's offer of laundering Kind's and his clothes. He was slowly and absentmindedly scratching Amp's belly as he watched Buckets preform various tricks from the comfort of his watery carrier case. "I've been reading up, apparently Whiscash can breathe air just fine, so long as they don't dry up. Sure would help considering how enormous you'll be! Also you can't battle in very many places." Buckets stopped his flipping and stared at Nory "~That was so otterly disrespectful. Have you no conchience? Insalting me and my figure! You should clam up you urchin! But I shall take it in tide, and naut let my emotions get out of sand." Nory kept scratching at Amp, which was having a blast lazing about. Nory interrupted her bliss when he got up and announced the day's agenda.

Stepping out to a local park Sargs had told him would house trainers, Nory was pumped, if feeling oddly naked without his gloves and vest. His first stop was a pond where a battle between two trainers' Corphish and Horsea were fighting.

Spoiler:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fa0fK4X_-HkKtMG3xOXqtNJhkBnXSvdaASusWGUD_cY/edit?usp=sharing

Fisherman David's Corphish used Vice Grip!
"Horsea, dodge with your Smokescreen!" declared Youngster Ishay.
[David rolls a 17]
[Ishay rolls a 14]

[14*(60/35)= 24 (exactly Very Happy)]
[Ishay rolls for the dodge. 10]
[24*(10/10)=24]
[Smokescreen adds 3 so 27]
Horsea dodged!
Corphish: 37 Health, Horsea: 37 Health
"Use Twister!"
"Counter with another Vice Grip!"
[Both moves hit due to counter.]
[Twister: 5*(70/10)-(3+1)*(35/10)=21]
[Times 1.25 for counter, 27]
[Vice Grip: (5+4)*(80/10)-(2+2)*(70/10)=44]
Corphish: 7, Horsea: 0
Corphish Wins!
"Come back Horsea!" The Youngster shakes the older Water-type user's hand, both declaring "Good battle!"

Nory felt at ease as he stoop by the pond letting Buckets strech his fins as they waited for an opponent.
"Ready?"
"Shore are!"

Spoiler:
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:49 am

Chol and Ibon were running around the park's field playing no game in particular, while Nory was teaching Buckets to aim while jumping. Kind sat at a shaded picnic table reading a copy of The Tel Hodgimeh Times. A man in his early 20’s walked up to Kind. “Hey dude, you wanna’ battle.” He was wearing blue jeans and a black t-shirt with a large red paw-print with the words ‘Naughty Hounddoom’ written below.

“No thank you,” Kind flatly replied without looking up from his newspaper.

“What, are you scared?”

“No.”

“Well you should be! I’m Lavan and I’m going to rule this town.”

“…” Kind read in silence as he did not believe a response was necessary.

“Hey! I’m talking to yea.”

“…”

“You’re just a big scaredy cat, aren’t you?!”

“‘Big scaredy-cat’ is a label. If I have the set of properties that defines this label and I have no objection to these properties, then I have no objections to being referred to by said label. All of the properties that you know of me I do not object to, therefore I have no objection to being given this label.”

Lavan was becoming quite furious. “Coward! Wimp! Stupid! Chicken!”

Kind’s eyes darted up from the article for the first time. “Excuse me, what was the third word you said?”

“What, stupid? Yeah. Yeah! You’re really stupid. You got worms for brains! Can’t find your way out of a paper bag! I bet yo momma so dumb she went to pet store to buy some bird seed, then asked the cashier how long does it take for the birds to grow!”

In a flat and even voice, Kind called out, “Nory! Please battle this man. He ascribed negative properties to me and my mother.”

“Umm… what?” Nory asked.

“His insulted me and now I want you to you wipe the floor with his face so well you win a reward for cleaning the park. Be careful though, I wouldn't want you to give him a beat down so great we will have to build levies to make sure he does not drown. Just make sure that you crush his self-esteem until we can get rich selling it as baby powder."
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by NGamerS Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:42 pm

"What... What did you say?"
"I called him stupid, but that wasn't right, CRAZY'S more like it!"
Kind neatly folded his paper next to him as he looked at Nory.
Nory shrugged with an awkward expression, quietly remarking to the man who had bothered his companion: "He has been a bit... Off lately. But if you're game I could kick your ass a little less graphically than he wanted."
Lavan's chest rose and a smirk replaced his previously puzzled expression "Psshh! As if! You're going down kid, and yer sugar daddy over there!"
Generic Trainer rp - Page 4 Nory_v10
"Go get'im Pawniard!"
"~Yeah dawg!~"
"Play nice Amp!"
"~Never!~"

[Amp: 40 HP . Pawniard: 40 HP]
"Fury Cutter!"
"Dodge with Thunder Wave!"
[Pawniard's hit chance]
[10*(45/60)=7.5]
[Thunder Wave halfs Pawniard's speed]
[10*(45/30)=15]
[Pawniard's attack needs to pass 15]
[5*8.5-6*5.5=9.5]
[Pawniard missed!]
As Pawniard charged forth with his attack, Amp struck him with a veil of electricity as she strafed away from the Steel type's trajectory.
[Amp: 37 HP . Pawniard: 37 HP]
"Now let's hit 'em for real!"
"~You don't have to tell me twice.~"
"Counter with Feint Attack!"
[Amp used Thunder Shock]
[(noice)12*8-3*4=84(we need to balance this fast)]
[With counter boost: 84*1.25=105]
[Pawniard used Feint Attack]
[8*8.5-6*5.5=35]
[Amp: 2 HP (technically -1 due to move cost. This will be reffered to that fatigue, so the Pokemon is standing but can't fight anymore) Pawniard: -68 (-71 for cost but C'MON)]
"Was- Was that DISCHARGE!?"
Lavan was flabbergasted. He thought this was some little old sheep that narrowly avoided a Fury Cutter, but whatever this move was it was UNREAL.
The sudden use of such a powerful move left Amp extremely tired. She collapsed in a haze of thoughts and feelings about this sudden surge of power she had felt.
Nory and Kind stared at eachother blankly, with Kind's face showing some regret for his choice of words.
Chol and Ibon were both ecstatic to see such a powerful move.
Buckets was very glad he was part Ground.
And just about the whole park began staring, with another set of prying eyes, belonging to an ancient bug with a shell of steel.
~Interesting. Very, interesting.~
NGamerS
NGamerS
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 pm

"That was totally wicked!* Ibon yelled at the top of his lungs. He and Chol ran straight to the fainted Flaffy. Before the reached her, she was returned by Nory.

Nory looked up at Kind and stated, "We are going to the Pokemon Center right now." The serious scowl he was wearing made it clear that this was not up for debate.

"I understand. Chol, return. I do not have my phone. Can you call Ibon's parents and tell them what happened?"

"No. Left my phone with most of my stuff back at your place."

"But wait Kind." Ibon suddenly pipped up. "Papa said we can't leave the park."

"Well, I'm calling an audible,"

"What's an odd-able?"

Nory was grinding his teeth a little. "I means I don't give a da- I mean, darn what your Papa said. He could be the queen of Spain for all I care."

"But Papa-"

"It doesn't matter what your Papa said!" snapped Nory. "Amp is hurt and needs to get to the Pokemon Center, NOW!" Ibon took a few steps backward and started to hunch over a little. "Hey, Ibon... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you. It's just..." Nory took a deep breath. "If your Papa were here, he would say that we can go to the Pokemon Center. Okay?"

"...are you sure?"

"Yeah. Everything will be alright."

"O- okay."

*Link added by me
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 pm

The party walked to the Pokemon Center, which fortunately was only a few blocks down the street. Nory ran straight to the front desk the second he saw it. “Hello,” Nurse Joy said in a sing-song voice. “I take it your Pokemon need some aide.”

“Yeah,” replied Nory, panting. “My Mareep got really hurt even though it was just a normal battle. She only got hit once, but something weird happened and she fainted instantly.”

“I see. Please give her to me and I will give her a thorough examination. Will you be dropping off any other Pokemon?”

“Might as well give you the rest. You know, just to check up on them.” Nory handed all of his Pokémon over, staring at Amp’s ball as Nurse Joy carried it away.

Kind, holding Ibon’s hand, walked over from the video phones. “I just called Ibon’s parents. Unsurprisingly, they were not too thrilled. We should leave in 105 minutes, plus or minus 15 minutes.”

“Hey Kind, hey Kind!” Ibon was pulling on Kind’s sleeve frantically. “What is that Pokemon called?”

“That is a Sandshrew.”

“And that one! What about that one?”

Kind sighed. “Nory, could you watch Ibon for a while. I need to be excused.”

“Sure, no problem.” Kind walked back toward the video phones, leaving Nory at Ibon’s mercy. For the next couple of minutes, Nory was occupied answering the endless list of questions Ibon had for every Pokemon he laid his eyes on. Nory decided to interrupted the verbal barrage. “You sure like Pokemon, don’t you?” Nory was hoping to buy himself a brief repose by asking as question instead of answering one.

“You bet!” Ibon exclaimed. “When I grow up, I am going to become a Pokemon Trainer and have lots of Pokemon friends with me all the time. But I can’t start ‘til I become 16.

“Why 16?”

“Mama said only 16 year olds can get a Pokemon lice-ants.”

“I think that your mother was confused. 16 is when you can get a driver’s license; 10 is when you can get a Pokemon license.”

“Really!” There was a twinkle in Ibon’s eyes. “I turned 10 last month, so can I get a Pokemon lice-ants today.”

“Yup. All you need is a Starter Pokemon to register with. Normally, the Pokemon Center gives you a chose of 3 Pokemon to choose from, but you have to let them know that you are coming before hand so that they can get ready.”

“Ooh,” Ibon said depressingly. Nory could not stand seeing such a cheery kid so sad.

“You know what, how about I give you a chance to get a Starter Pokemon today.”

“Really! No kidding!”

“Really,” Nory replied with a big smile. “Here is one empty Pokéball. If you hit a wild Pokemon with it, they may end up being stuck inside. If that happens, then you have caught them. BUT, if the Pokemon breaks out, then the Pokéball can never be used again. If you can catch a Pokemon in this Pokéball before I leave town, then I will help you register them as your Starter.” Ibon was staring at the Pokéball in Nory’s open palm as if it where made of diamonds. He looked up at Nory, then back to the Pokéball, then to Nory again. “I’m serious. Think of it as an apology for getting angry earlier.”

Ibon snatched the Pokéball and held it with both hands close to his chest, as if it was going to float away if he was not careful. Suddenly, a blue light materialized directly between Nory and Ibon. The both stumbled backward in surprise. With a look of horror, Ibon realized that he had accidentally tossed his Pokéball. Before he could even think about catching it, it bounced on the figure that had startled him so badly. The was a red light, three shakes, and then a ding. Nory and Ibon stood transfixed on the now full Pokéball.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next