Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

+13
Dragon Arbock
verys
Pixel Profligate
TriShade
Kitten
FutureCreator
Karasugaming
Zenox-rmp
Ichiyama22
Yria/Mara LB
Professor Morel
ikey123
Hex Maniac Quinn
17 posters

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 22 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Again, that's why it would be a lot smarter to demote them simply to TMs or give them somewhat useful effects. I'm totally fine with making HMs not manditory, but still, these moves have potential to be useful moves.

Anyway, I'm not that big a fan of their solution. I would much rather have tools than mandatory Pokemon. Plus, that means we are either required to capture certain Pokemon, or they are just given to us, which is just kind of...lame.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 22 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by Karasugaming Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:06 pm

both defog and whirlpool were only hms in gen 2 and 4 and were never a HM afterwords but TMs or lv up moves surf & waterfall are seen throughout competitive but not fly

Also LM if your keeping up to trailers pokeride is the replacement tauros is the bike/rocksmash, lapras is surf & sharpedo is surf/rocksmash & charizard is fly idk what stoutland and mudsdale will do but pokeride is the HM replacements
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:09 pm

I'm pretty sure you don't actually get the Pokemon required for PokeRide. It is more of an application, like in the demo, where you are gifted the Tauros Ride feature rather than actually receiving a Tauros with a certain move. I hope it will be similar with other PokeRide mons, like Sharpedo or Charizard, and that you don't have to have the Pokemon in your party or PC to use the feature.
But I do agree, completely removing HM's is kind of dumb.
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:34 pm

I agree that removing HMs was a mistake. It's quite lazy, really. HMs are an interesting idea and it's cool to have your Pokemon be able to interact with the environment. LM said some ideas on how to solve the general uselessness of the moves as moves and how boring they were but they should also have allowed Pokemon to forget the moves without the deleter. Another option would be to have all moves of, or even Pokemon with, a certain type be able to interact with a specific obstacles since you need the gym badge to use them outside of battle anyway. Basically, I think there are a bunch of ways HMs could have been saved instead of removing them. I hope this laziness isn't foreshadowing the quality of the entire game.
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:40 pm

Pokeride is basically the Eon Flute 2.0.
I don't exactly have a problem with not needing these moves on my in-game team anymore, but if the cutscenes to use are as long as the Eon Flue, it will be annoying.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:12 am

Still, getting rid of the option is dumb too, though it is understandable. The Eon Flute is completely optional to use. Not even giving me the option to use these moves instead of the ride Pokemon is...kinda dumb. And if the Eon Flute is any indication, we'll probably have to get these Pokemon. We may not have to have them in the party, but we'll still probably be given them.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:41 pm

The official pokémon site confirmed Z-status moves. Funny enough, Z-splash powers up your attack by three stages.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:18 pm

noverys wrote:I'm pretty sure you don't actually get the Pokemon required for PokeRide. It is more of an application, like in the demo, where you are gifted the Tauros Ride feature rather than actually receiving a Tauros with a certain move. I hope it will be similar with other PokeRide mons, like Sharpedo or Charizard, and that you don't have to have the Pokemon in your party or PC to use the feature.

thats what I ment pokeride is a rental service
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:49 pm

The funny thing is, people have wanted to ride a Tauros for sooo long. ..Yeah you could ride Gogoat in XY, but that was restricted to one area and in general a missed potential.
That was the only part of the demo I liked.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Karasugaming wrote:
noverys wrote:I'm pretty sure you don't actually get the Pokemon required for PokeRide. It is more of an application, like in the demo, where you are gifted the Tauros Ride feature rather than actually receiving a Tauros with a certain move. I hope it will be similar with other PokeRide mons, like Sharpedo or Charizard, and that you don't have to have the Pokemon in your party or PC to use the feature.

thats what I ment pokeride is a rental service

Yeah, that was meant for LM. It seemed like he thought you had to actually catch the Pokemon in order to use PokeRide.
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:27 pm

If the rental thing is how it'll be done in the actual game, I think I'd be more disappointed. At least if you had to catch them, or even just being given the actual Pokemon itself, a la Latios/Latias, then it would be your Pokemon that allow you to advance. Renting them just...it doesn't give that feeling that YOU need to do things to advance.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:14 am

Being rental is fine, I think. I don't think the game should force you to catch a specific pokemon just so you can progress, besides you would have to get a charmander all the way to a charizard just to use the hm fly which would be way more annoying than getting and hm slave in game.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Well, I see that you people are complaining about basically nothing.
I'm just here to say that I'm disappointed that the Ultra Beasts are going to be battled in a battle area... Thing... But maybe they're not catchable? It wouldn't make much sense for you to fight them without the coded stage. 'Kind of like the ghost Marowak in gen 1 and FRLG.

Oh and also the first episode of the anime is out. I won't talk about it here though. 'Just letting whoever is reading this know.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

http://callmefreakfujiko.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:29 pm

It may be "nothing" to you, but it's clearly something to some of us.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:Pokeride is basically the Eon Flute 2.0.
I don't exactly have a problem with not needing these moves on my in-game team anymore, but if the cutscenes to use are as long as the Eon Flue, it will be annoying.

I have never liked HMs, you only get 4 move slots and wasting one of them on cut was annoying. Just making the moves more useful or retyping them would not have made them more appealing to me.

I like finally having the freedom to do whatever I want with my pokemon without worrying about carrying around an HM slave (wasting a slot) or spreading out HM moves among "adventure" pokemon, I can just play the damn game the way I actually want to, which is teaching them whatever move I think will work best for them and not having to compromise like that.

Plus, you actually get to SEE your pokemon for a change. I can see riding charizard or sharpedo instead of some vague bird shape or some turtle on surf. This is a pretty huge deal to me.

I just hope it works for a variety of pokemon and you don't need a sharpedo in your party to surf or a charizard to fly, and that every flying pokemon large enough to actually carry you can do so now.

Pokemon Ranger was doing this back on the DS so this is kind of overdue really.

FutureCreator wrote:Being rental is fine, I think. I don't think the game should force you to catch a specific pokemon just so you can progress, besides you would have to get a charmander all the way to a charizard just to use the hm fly which would be way more annoying than getting and hm slave in game.

I'd prefer just having the item in my inventory permanently. Having to actually go somewhere and rent a service just to teleport (fly) is dumb.

CallMeFreak wrote:Well, I see that you people are complaining about basically nothing.

How is people expressing their like/dislike for a game-changing feature nothing?
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:06 pm

You don't need the pokemon in your party. You don't even need to own the pokemon. Think of it like a sort of taxi that you can call up whenever you need it.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:28 pm

FutureCreator wrote:You don't need the pokemon in your party. You don't even need to own the pokemon. Think of it like a sort of taxi that you can call up whenever you need it.

I guess so long as it isn't removing the ability to fast travel wherever it's, uh, whatever I guess. Still would prefer being able to fly/surf on any pokemon though, as in, the ones I own, just because I'm a terrible miser. Very Happy (breeding is expensive.)

Plus I wouldn't mind seeing myself ride on pokemon I really like (altaria, lapras, gogoat) wherever instead of some presets but I guess gamefreak still isn't up for animating all that.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:14 am

I can say the wait was worth it *he says as he currently continues playing pokemon Sun*
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:43 am

I get physical copies of things whenever I can (ran out of space on my 3DS anyway) so I gotta wait for it to get here in the mail ):
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Ok so is there a hairstyle guide out for this game yet? And are the ones you find in the first salon the only ones available? Because I'm really disappointed I can't make my hair look how it did in X/Y and after I slogged through the world's longest tutorial just to get to this point I'm pretty disappointed. (Seriously? X and Y let me pick how I looked at the start of the game!)

Also, are we basically locked to the polynesian thing for clothes choices? Because I also liked my hat in x/y and would like to have something like that again at some point. I can't even find any earthy green/brown clothes in the first shop. -_-
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:02 pm

The clothes store is right next to the hair stylist. This can't be it. I saw hairstyles and clothes not in the stores in the trailer, so this is either not it, or they're going to restock as you progress through the game.
Which is pretty decent so far. The trials are an interesting change. I just finished the first one before passing out.

The game's kind of cut-scene heavy, but I'd probably be a hypocrite if I complained. Also the school thing... Oh... Haha... >>
At least a lot of the cut-scenes are also professor hot abs heavy~!

Edit: Apparently I haven't officially finish the trial yet.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:08 am

Well I haven't got the game yet, too poor for it. But it might be like XY and have clothing shops and such in every other city, or one per island, something like that. So you just might've not got to other ones yet, unless it actually says it's the only one in the game, which I find doubtful. There'll be a way to get all the other cool clothes though.
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:20 pm

I've found... Around five different clothes stores, and three or four hair salons. The clothe stores each have different items, but the hair salons all have the same hair styles.
Was this a lie?! Where's this hair style?!
NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 22 Meme_jar
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Maybe you unlock more when you beat the game?
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:40 pm

Just gonna say that as it stands, after getting the first trial and beating the first boss, this might easily be my favorite game in the series. Wardrobe crisis aside. Very Happy That was mostly just me assuming something from a trailer that was, uh, not correct I guess.

Also I am glad wonder trade made a return, it was great for filling out the pokedex since people threw up legendaries a lot. (No, they probably weren't legit, but I didn't care. Very Happy)

The only major issue I really have so far is wild pokemon are a massive pain to fight now and I pretty much need broad AOE moves just to keep them from being a nuisance. It makes raising weaker pokemon annoying since they end up biting off more than they can chew and having to rely on the EXP share is too slow a process. I'm referring to how wild pokemon call for help now. Christ.

Also gotta love that cutscene at the beginning where the professor says his body is ready.

Edit: Oh, I heard an interesting rumor about how the third game (which game freak might finally be reviving after abandoning it for 2 generations) will be on the switch. I can't confirm it, but if that ends up being true I can't really say I'm getting a switch for it since the switch is about as viable a handheld as roadkill is as supper. (3 hour battery life. Way to abandon the handheld userbase that basically kept your heads above water throughout the entire 8th generation nintendo, it's not like your home console did that.) Supposedly it's called pokemon stars, might just be a fan name though. I don't really care if a pokemon game is on what basically amounts to a console (even though their handheld department was merged to help make this thing and apparently given the shaft) but hopefully it being on console means more online events and less "go to a freaking store" ones.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next