Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

+13
Dragon Arbock
verys
Pixel Profligate
TriShade
Kitten
FutureCreator
Karasugaming
Zenox-rmp
Ichiyama22
Yria/Mara LB
Professor Morel
ikey123
Hex Maniac Quinn
17 posters

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 7 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by ikey123 Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:33 am

I swear Nintendo and game freak just want the matches to go faster in every generation, cause we got megas which almost broke everything and now we got z moves in pretty sure from gen 7 if you want a match to last longer than 5 mins your gonna have to use stall.
AND I'M NOT USING STALL.
ikey123
ikey123
F Yeah Seaking

Back to top Go down

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 7 Empty Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by FutureCreator Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:13 am

Matches went faster because they made hp falling speed dependant on the damage dealt, megas didn't really speed anything up
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:32 pm

Time to enjoy the glorious thing known as denial. Do what I do with everything and just pretend it doesn't exist >.<
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:16 pm

Same, Arbock. Same...
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:04 am

I'm here for the WWE cat
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:07 am

Kitten wrote:I'm here for the WWE cat

And his name is...

NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!  - Page 7 Tumblr11

I'm sorry, I just had to
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:09 am

Honestly, I don't know why I'm here. These games are just worrying me at this point...
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:19 am

probably because the gamer side of you wants to know as much about it as possible, which can lead to it being really worrying. But I don't honestly care as long as the game isn't terrible.
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Oh, no, it's not that. It's because the actual choices they are making with the game genuinely worry me.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:23 pm

They're just getting away from the formula a bit. Personally I like the new aditions. Why do they worry you?
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:32 pm

I will say, I appreciate breaking the formula a bit, but a lot of what they are doing seem completely unneeded or very, very gimmicky. For example, the Alola forms could so easily be new Pokemon similar to these older Pokemon, Like Beartic is to Ursaring, or they could have made Megas for these old Pokemon, or added new evolutions to them, which we haven't seen for 2 generations. What they are doing just bugs me because of all the other options they have, yet they are ignoring them. The Alola forms also feel very "Fan-Gamey," which just generally bugs me.
I also dislike what most of the designs are for the new Pokemon, but that's more a personal preference.
And Z moves seem completely pointless and are going to be a big problem for competitive since they will basically be a way to just get rid of an opponent's Pokemon that you don't want to deal with.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:43 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:For example, the Alola forms could so easily be new Pokemon similar to these older Pokemon, Like Beartic is to Ursaring, or they could have made Megas for these old Pokemon
They made them new forms because it brings the spotlight on older pokemon. They didn't give them megas because that was more of a gen 6 feature and they wanted something unique for this game. Making copy pokemon is just dumb in my opinion because it can be a cheap tactic to recycle pokémon and not have to be original.
LlamaMinister wrote:The Alola forms also feel very "Fan-Gamey,"
Well tbh they do, but some fan games have great ideas behind them. Besides we have shadow pokémon and it doesn't get any more fan-gamey than this.
LlamaMinister wrote:And Z moves seem completely pointless and are going to be a big problem for competitive since they will basically be a way to just get rid of an opponent's Pokemon that you don't want to deal with.
This I have an issue with. Firstly they aren't OHKO moves so it isn't like you wouldn't be able to survive. Secondly they are used once per battle so switching into a pokémon that resists them or using protect (maybe even flinching the users) will be an easy way to avoid them.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:41 pm

FutureCreator wrote:They made them new forms because it brings the spotlight on older pokemon. They didn't give them megas because that was more of a gen 6 feature and they wanted something unique for this game. Making copy pokemon is just dumb in my opinion because it can be a cheap tactic to recycle pokémon and not have to be original.
Umm...so you think Milotic, Beartic, Seviper, so on are dumb? Just because some things are based on the same, or similar animals doesn't make them copies. I think taking an old Pokemon and just changing its types and its design is more unoriginal than at least making a new Pokemon. And that doesn't change the fact that we already have 2, count 'em, 2 ways to bring the spotlight back on them.

FutureCreator wrote:Well tbh they do, but some fan games have great ideas behind them. Besides we have shadow pokémon and it doesn't get any more fan-gamey than this.
Umm, yeah, Shadow Pokemon are dumb too, but they aren't in a main series game. They are in spin-off games.

FutureCreator wrote:This I have an issue with. Firstly they aren't OHKO moves so it isn't like you wouldn't be able to survive. Secondly they are used once per battle so switching into a pokémon that resists them or using protect (maybe even flinching the users) will be an easy way to avoid them.
I know all those things, Future. I never said, nor intended to imply, they were OHKO moves, but that doesn't change the fact that they will still be absurdly powerful to anything they hit, especially if it's something that has set up with Calm Minds or Swords Dance, so type resistances won't matter too much. Plus, because they are so powerful, they would be very, very hard to predict being as you can only use them once. I honestly feel Z moves are unneeded as a gimmick as a whole.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:03 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Umm...so you think Milotic, Beartic, Seviper, so on are dumb? Just because some things are based on the same, or similar animals doesn't make them copies. I think taking an old Pokemon and just changing its types and its design is more unoriginal than at least making a new Pokemon. And that doesn't change the fact that we already have 2, count 'em, 2 ways to bring the spotlight back on them.
No I have no issue with basing two pokémon on the same animal. What I do have an issue with is getting pokemon based on the same animal with similar stats and evolution patterns like Zebstrika and Rapidash.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:10 pm

FutureCreator wrote:No I have no issue with basing two pokémon on the same animal. What I do have an issue with is getting pokemon based on the same animal with similar stats and evolution patterns like Zebstrika and Rapidash.

These Alola forms could have easily been just other Pokemon, like a physical attacking ice fox, or a tanky ice/steel armadillo. Similar animals, but different stats.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:44 pm

As someone who loves everything about biology, I'm geeking out over the Alola forms. Like at first glance it might seem like a silly palette and type swap, but knowing that one species can evolve to look differently when geographically separated makes it that much cooler to me. It brings it that much closer to real-world biology and I just can't love it enough!

Having no gyms or pokemon league is gonna be so weird to me, but I like that they're changing things up and getting away from the same cookie-cutter plot it's always been. It's refreshing.

As for Z moves, I live for Bloom Doom lol
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:58 pm

Kitten wrote:As someone who loves everything about biology, I'm geeking out over the Alola forms. Like at first glance it might seem like a silly palette and type swap, but knowing that one species can evolve to look differently when geographically separated makes it that much cooler to me. It brings it that much closer to real-world biology and I just can't love it enough!
That's part of what I hate about it because when things evolve so much, they become their own species because they are so different, like, surprise surprise, Ursaring and Beartic, Or Milotic and Gyarados. That's why I said they should have been new Pokemon based on the same or very closely related animals, that way they are still similar to those old Pokemon, but are still their own.

Also, they need to at least change their names to Nicetales and Snowslash. If they simply did that, I'd be okay with it. Then they'd at least be moreso their own sub species of this base Pokemon.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by ikey123 Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Im just confused why they decided to change it now because it's a bit random having the same formula for 6 gens then deciding ' oh let's just throw all that out the window and change it all up ' it's kinda worrying me and it may end up making gen 7 rememborable for a bad reason
ikey123
ikey123
F Yeah Seaking

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:53 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Also, they need to at least change their names to Nicetales and Snowslash. If they simply did that, I'd be okay with it. Then they'd at least be moreso their own sub species of this base Pokemon.
Animals do indeed adapt and you could say that Ninetales is more of a genus than a species. I think it's better the way they're doing it since it doesn't just fill the pokédex with copy pokemon and leaves room for more unique designs.

Kitten wrote:As someone who loves everything about biology, I'm geeking out over the Alola forms.
And yeah Kitten I'm also super happy they're finally putting examples of real evolution into pokémon.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:40 pm

FutureCreator wrote:Animals do indeed adapt and you could say that Ninetales is more of a genus than a species. I think it's better the way they're doing it since it doesn't just fill the pokédex with copy pokemon and leaves room for more unique designs.
Designs can still be unique while also being similar to previous Pokemon. The way I see it, this won't "leave room" because whenever they make a way to bring new light to new Pokemon, it takes up Pokedex spots, even if it doesn't directly take up spots. The evolutions of old Pokemon took up Pokedex space, but were still new, and Megas also took up space, and contributed to Kalos' small Pokedex, as did having to 3D model ALL the Pokemon, but that's a different story.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Eh, a design is a design. Last gen had less than 100 new pokemon, even with megas. It's not like SSB where a clone character takes less time to develop than a character with its own moveset. These pokemon, Alola form, mega, new pokemon, or whatever, each need the same amount of modeling and programming. So in the end, I'd rather see a pokemon that's obviously supposed to be Vulpix's cousin, than a straight up ice Vulpix.. like we got..
Another thing that bugs me is they're calling them 'Alola forms'.  What are they going to call them in gen 8 when Alola doesn't exist? Are they going to exist at all outside of these games even? Either way they've created a future compatibility plothole.

And still still not a fan of the Z moves. Even if it's once per battle, I don't like it, and they already have megas. I don't think we needed this too.

I don't mind what they're doing with the main game. I do admit to being sick of the traditional formula, though in my case I'm more sick of the 'stop the evil team from using a legendary to destroy/take over the world plot'.. but I'm still worried about this game in general.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by ikey123 Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:07 am

So if we are probably not having 8 gyms are we ever gonna get 8 gyms in the rest of the series but I think one positive comes from only having 4 because in the previous games the gym leaders felt like part of your challenge and you felt proud and happy if you complete them. But in x and y it was very different the gym leaders just felt like a bump In the road to the elite 4 they were more like a chore you had to get out of the way. So I feel like if there is only 4 they will be more separated apart so that once you've got to one it feels more like an accomplishment and hopefully they should be harder. I also feel like they should make Z moves something you can only use whilst playing through the main games cause I really don't want the meta to be broken and they will probably try to give it to bad pokemon to make them better but that's kinda what they went with when they made megas and they gave perfectly viable competitve pokemon megas like garchomp, scizor and latios who admittedly is better non mega with life orb. But they did give a few forgotten pokemon ones like medicham, mawile ect.
ikey123
ikey123
F Yeah Seaking

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 am

because Alola is based off Hawaii and both seem to be closed off and rather unique compared to the rest of the world, it is a possibility that Z-moves are an Alola only thing and we may see a return to megas in the future, either in the gen 4 remakes or in gen 8, but we can't be certain on that yet, but it's possible if everyone ends up complaining about Z-moves when the game comes out, which I can see happening.

As for gyms, similar thing applies, they're doing something unique to Alola because its isolated from the rest of the world and has its own traditions instead of the pokemon league. We'll either be getting the Pokemon league back next gen or something else that's unique to the region we're getting and the place its based on.
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:14 am

I would be really suprised if the game didn't have the old megas because nintendo has never ommited an old form from the games. Also, I'm really sad to have to say this but evolutions to old pokemon that didn't have them will probobly never happen again, because of eviolite. Eviolite just makes the newevolution redundant and has the old pokemon get more attention, they had fixed this problem with megas in ven six, but I don't ghink we're getting new evolutions.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:46 am

That is sad, but unlike forms, they have removed items from the game (such as every gem besides the normal gem). If they really wanted to make new evolutions, and it became that big of a problem, they could just do that.

Edit-
Sandcastle.. monster.. thing.
Yeah, I'm out.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next