Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello. I'm Ryu.

3 posters

Go down

Hello. I'm Ryu. Empty Hello. I'm Ryu.

Post by Ryu, Mega Lucario Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Ryu, The Mega Lucario, but go ahead and call me Ryu. Even though my SLF account has been up for a good few months, I haven't really used it, so I guess you could say I'm new here. I have been thinking about creating a Pokemon Trainer OC for a while but IDK what I want him to look like. I'm not a good sprite-maker, and have looked at all the important Pokemon characters VS., Battle, and Over World sprites from Gen 4 to Gen 5. My favorite types are Fire and Dragon but I also like Fighting and Steel (because, if you couldn't tell, Lucario is my FAVORITE Pokemon EVER!!). I do have a Pokemon OC, a Lucario named Ryu (I know, who would have thunk it. Very Happy) If anyone could help me with creating a Pokemon Trainer OC, I would love that (I was thinking he would have the same hat that Sir Aaron and Riley have). Thanks! ^_^

Ryu, Mega Lucario
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Hello. I'm Ryu. Empty Re: Hello. I'm Ryu.

Post by Professor Morel Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:36 pm

Well, Ryu, it's a pleasure to have you making an appearance now. Couldn't help but notice you were talking about OCs and all so thought I'd extend somewhat of a hand. Normally, I'd go out of my way to volunteer myself to create a sprite for you but I've had an odd schedule lately. However, I can point the way to a self-made profile sheet to help narrow down some details for this trainer of yours. Maybe after that you'll have a clearer picture of who they are, aesthetically. Hopefully.
https://silverleague.forumotion.com/t699-pokemon-trainer-files

My shameless plug-in aside, there are plenty of people available to make you a sprite--don't worry. Our sprite contest has brought in around 20 or so people who are all rather talented. Finding someone shouldn't be a problem at all. All the same, nice to find someone else who appreciates the style of Riley's fashionable hat.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu, Mega Lucario Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Professor Morel wrote:Well, Ryu, it's a pleasure to have you making an appearance now. Couldn't help but notice you were talking about OCs and all so thought I'd extend somewhat of a hand. Normally, I'd go out of my way to volunteer myself to create a sprite for you but I've had an odd schedule lately. However, I can point the way to a self-made profile sheet to help narrow down some details for this trainer of yours. Maybe after that you'll have a clearer picture of who they are, aesthetically. Hopefully.
https://silverleague.forumotion.com/t699-pokemon-trainer-files

My shameless plug-in aside, there are plenty of people available to make you a sprite--don't worry. Our sprite contest has brought in around 20 or so people who are all rather talented. Finding someone shouldn't be a problem at all. All the same, nice to find someone else who appreciates the style of Riley's fashionable hat.

Thanks Morel. What I did was go on to Bulbapedia, look for all the important characters' VS./Battle/Over World sprites in D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2, and download each sprite to a folder. What I was thinking of doing from there was going to Piskelapp.com (a sprite animation creator site), start with the trainer sprite I like the most as a base, and edit it to my liking from there. But I have been trying to think of everything I'd like him to wear first. I also tried a Pokemon Trainer Creator Flash game on DeviantArt. I ended up with a character with a lot of red, black, and blue clothes. Laughing . Not really what I want. :/

Ryu, Mega Lucario
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:30 pm

Very similar to what I've done. Have all those same game sprites saved to my files, and I usually use Hapuriainen's trainer creator to get a few ideas. But you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Shouldn't be too difficult for you but if you have some trouble, let me know.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu, Mega Lucario Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:54 pm

Professor Morel wrote:Very similar to what I've done. Have all those same game sprites saved to my files, and I usually use Hapuriainen's trainer creator to get a few ideas. But you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Shouldn't be too difficult for you but if you have some trouble, let me know.

So far I know I want him to have Sir Aaron's hat, brown hair with a streak of red up front, and red eyes. He is white. He would be described as calm, collected, strategic, keeps to himself, quiet, doesn't back down from a challenge, doesn't mind helping others. (might add more later.) I was thinking that some of the colors would be red, some black, a bit of blue clothes, and tannish brown pants.

Ryu, Mega Lucario
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums. Better late then never to introduce yourself, am I right?
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum