Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I trade my Porygon before training

2 posters

Go down

Should I trade my Porygon before training Empty Should I trade my Porygon before training

Post by Kindoflame Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:12 pm

I was wondering if I should morph* my Porygon (or any other Pokemon) before leveling it up. I know that EV would be unchanged because 4 EV always equals 1 point; it's just the IV that I am not sure about. I would expect the developers would give the later stages greater stat growth; that game mechanic would create an incentive for players to work hard to buy/find stones and, more importantly, trade Pokemon. It also makes sense that adults Pokemon are stronger than then child Pokemon. Thanks in advance for your help.

*Evolve is such a bad word to describe the sudden change in a Pokemon's form. As a scientist, I die a little every time I read it. Metamorphosis is a much more accurate word; that is what happens when a caterpillar becomes a cocoon and then a butterfly. The verb form of 'metamorphosis' is 'metamorphose', which I shorten to 'morph' because 'metamorphose' is a real mouthful.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Should I trade my Porygon before training Empty Re: Should I trade my Porygon before training

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:53 pm

IVs do not change. Whatever that particular pokemon's IVs are, they will be the same forever.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Should I trade my Porygon before training Empty Re: Should I trade my Porygon before training

Post by Kindoflame Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:45 pm

IV never change; how they influence stats could. Here is an example that is over simplified and I know is not correct: Every time a 1st stage Pokemon levels up and it has 31 IV, the stat increases by 1; every time a 3rd stage Pokemon levels up and it has 31 IV, the stat increases by 2. A game mechanic like that could be in place. Imagine if a level 50 Cyndaquil and a level 50 Typhlosion with the same IV and EV had identical stats. That would just not make sense in the games' internal logic and eviolite would not exist. Also, situations where only the lower stages can learn moves by leveling up, the incentive of getting better stats would create a very engaging situation. Think of the famous Pikachu and Raichu dilemma that is the core of one of the best episodes.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:33 pm

When your pokemon evolves, its base stats increase, that's why they gain more stat increases via level up. Try ev training two identical pokemon, but evolve on first, and one after. They'll still be the same.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to know how it works before I started training. It took me forever to get 9999 coins in the Game Corner so I did not want to mess up now.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down