Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are these recolors any good?

2 posters

Go down

Are these recolors any good? Empty Are these recolors any good?

Post by Capta1n_Henry Wed May 25, 2016 6:12 pm

I plan to make an oc out of these two but I wanted to know if the colors were any good.

Are these recolors any good? VLtDDoJ
Capta1n_Henry
Capta1n_Henry
Solarbeam Sunkern

http://capta1nhenry.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Are these recolors any good? Empty Re: Are these recolors any good?

Post by Professor Morel Wed May 25, 2016 10:01 pm

The first thing I noticed upon my comparison was the Ace's left hand is slightly cut-off, though I gather you likely have the completed version still.

As for the recolor's themselves, the Gambler (guy with coin) has adopted stronger tones in opposition to his formerly dull hue. That with his red eyes gives the sprite a sharper vibe. Almost reminds me of some suave demon ready for tricks. I like it.

However, I don't favor the Ace as much. Specifically the new coloration on his bodysuit. This may be personal bias seeping through, but the red and dark yellow really don't mix very well. You could also use some better differential between the red tones for the vest as I can barely make out the lines on his side. If you perhaps change the Ace's vest or softed the colors, maybe...

Anyway. All in all, you have strong colors. Sometimes it works--like with the Gambler--but more often then not it's better to use duller colors aren't particularly as vibrant.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Capta1n_Henry Wed May 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Are these recolors any good? IENmDc5

Ok, I changed the colors for the Ace. How is it now?
Capta1n_Henry
Capta1n_Henry
Solarbeam Sunkern

http://capta1nhenry.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Wed May 25, 2016 11:11 pm

At first glance I'm inclined to think the belt, boots, and hair are all the same color. My recommendation there is to vary either the hair or boot/belt's color to a slightly different red to add contrast. Now I do noticed there's a bit of color reversal between the Gambler and Ace now (both sharing red and gray) but that's fine by me.

Basically, I recommend maybe just a bit darker with the boots and belt (or the hair). Other than that, these colors are perfectly fine to me.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down