Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

+41
DekuMarowak
FutureCreator
Infinity Calli
Essix
nya2468
Pixel Profligate
Dragon Arbock
Kitten
Mitchell Boot
CrimsonIgnis
Yria/Mara LB
Lex Callaina
Karasugaming
Hessehl
TeamNingo
TriShade
Gantorn
Zell Justice
Professor Morel
PoLlOrOn
Capta1n_Henry
Lady Phosphorus
Sir Tman
JTGamer_BR
Samuronite
CraterChest
Audio_Soul
Smileycorp
Istas
DanH03
stormneko
ryu
MizuCyne
AeroTheMaverick
J A Y
Chawizawd
redxephyr
ZeroScale
secretsupergirl
GrimlockGabe
Warlock
45 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

Post by Mitchell Boot Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:25 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Ice_grass_type_gollurk_by_magiquezmaster-da7oz0d

Ice/Grass type Gollurk

Mitchell Boot
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:35 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Week_seven__retype_skitty_by_yria101-da7p58i

I killed a Skitty and gave it armor. Uhh.. I mean I made it a Ghost/Steel type.

The tail is supposed to be a mace-like weapon. Anyways I hope you like it ^^.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by PoLlOrOn Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:19 pm

Looks meh...

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Nosepass_by_polloron-da7r6jb
Ice and... Rock?

Last edited by PoLlOrOn on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
PoLlOrOn
PoLlOrOn
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Gantorn Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Fire/Rock-type Torterra
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Torterra_into_fire_type_by_gantorn-da7qrt1
Gantorn
Gantorn
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Rapidash_steel_fire_type_by_crimsonignis-da7s0nl

(Shiny is on the right)

I guess when you give a Rapidash a Metal Coat it becomes a Steel/Fire type.
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:09 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Yo32gru

Ghost-type Rapidash
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:06 am

Water-type Charmander (AKA, Wetmander). View this as a relation to the Slowbro and Shellder "symbiosis."
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 MwoytDd

Really late with this one, but I still wanted to participate even after my first creation was botched.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Judging is running a tad behind. Next round will be a devamp of a Pokemon not from Gen 1 or 2.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Apologies for my lateness...

Karasugaming wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Spr_5b10
Well, this is alright. It's simple enough. The only real problem I have is the added parts don't really have much shading affecting the rest of the sprite, like the leaves on the chest not having shading around it. It also seems a tad bland. It's not bad, though. Just feels like it could be more.
B

Capta1n_Henry wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Firesl10
Well, this one, while I get what you were going for, it being lava, it just was executed poorly. The idea could have worked, but you simply recolored it. The idea is sound, the execution just needs work.
D

Essix wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Mewtwo10
Well, this isn't really /bad/, but it does need work. The colors aren't bad, but the fact you used Gen 3 sprites confuses me. The wing should probably be in front of the tail, and the shades of the wings and the tail make them blend. It could work, but it also needs some work.
C-

TeamNingo wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Entry_6__golurk__fire__by_pokeminer20-da74grp
Hmm... This idea could have worked really well, but...it was executed poorly. The fire doesn't look like fire, and the colors for the body don't really work. There isn't much I can say. Just needs work.
D+

stormneko wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Tumblr_o96zcxjH2P1s0q25yo2_r1_75sq
Ooh, this is interesting. I will say, the fire type is obvious, though it does sometimes look odd. I understand you were using Rapidash's fire as reference, which is a little weird, but the yellow should go where you think the fire would be hottest, mostly around the source of the fire. Bits of yellow work here and there, but the size of the yellow you used should be only used for larger, more billow-y fires, like Rapidash's. Also, the steel typing is hardly evident. If you had just said fire, though, that would have been fine.
B+

FutureCreator wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Hippow10
Okay, this is great. The idea of the coral is good, the water instead of sand is great, and the overall execution is great. Only thing that could be fixed, and this is more a nitpick, but the blue used for the shadow on the body is a bit too light. Otherwise, this is a great one.
A

Zell wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 L233
Hmm...this is interesting. It's not really bad, but could use more work. Little was really added to show the psychic or steel typing, so it's hard to notice at first. The effect of the psychic stuff does look good, though. This just needs a fair bit of work to get the idea across better.
C-

Mitchell Boot wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Ice_grass_type_gollurk_by_magiquezmaster-da7oz0d
This is alright. The idea is good, though some things in the execution need some work. For one, all the vines you added, while they do help the idea, also look very flat. The ice style shading you attempted looks more like plastic or metal instead of ice, even though it is obvious what it is supposed to be. Over all, not a bad attempt. Just needs some work.
B-

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Week_seven__retype_skitty_by_yria101-da7p58i
Hmm. I see what you are going for, but it falls kind of short. The steel type would be more evident with a sheen on the metal parts, and the ghost type is barely evident. The aura like thing actually makes it seem more like a psychic type. The concept in idea could work, but it really just needs work in execution.
C+

PoLlOrOn wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Nosepass_by_polloron-da7r6jb
Well, the ice shading looks great, but besides that, this one is kind of boring and bland. It just doesn't really have anything that makes it stand out. There's not much I can say, really. Good ice shading, but bland idea.
C+

Gantorn wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Torterra_into_fire_type_by_gantorn-da7qrt1
This is clever. I mean, you only changed one thing and recolored it, but that worked so well for your idea, and the colors are great. There's honestly not much I can say about this one. Good job.
A

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Rapidash_steel_fire_type_by_crimsonignis-da7s0nl
Well, this is cool looking. The idea would have been a hard one to execute, but you did it very well. I do have a few nitpicks, though. For one, a lot of the shading seems pillow shaded, and that is probably because you used 7 different shades for it, which is honestly too many when the fire is much less shaded. It makes it seem inconsistent. The light source also has a slight inconsistency on the neck, making it look like it's coming from the opposite side of the sprite. Over all, it's really good, but both of those things just knock it down a bit.
A-

Kitten wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Yo32gru
Hmm. I'm not sure how I feel about this one, honestly. I see what you were going for, and what's added looks good, but the problem arises in the fact it doesn't look like a ghost type. It really comes off as a dark type. It also feels a lot like Houndoom in the design style, which also adds to the dark type feeling. It's not bad, don't get me wrong. It just comes off as a completely different typing.
B

Professor Morel wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 MwoytDd
You know...this isn't bad. The colors look good, the rain looks good, the concept makes sense, somehow. The cloud looks great. The only real thing I have is the water on the Charmander itself is a bit distracting, being as it doesn't look much like water on something, which I will admit, is a hard thing to pull off. But it's not bad.
B

The next round is a devamp of any Pokemon from Generation 3 or later, in case you missed my last post about it.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:48 pm

DA da daaa!!!!
Dieno!
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Devamp11
Edit: added Trademark logo

Last edited by Karasugaming on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added logo)
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:28 am

Devamps are my guilty pleasure, so I couldn't not do one;
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 2h839z4
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell Justice Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:39 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Bdzq

Shinx Very Happy
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Essix Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Jirachi devamp, my first one!
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Devamp10
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

http://fanfictionessix.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:44 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 FzVZHyw

Jirachi~
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gantorn Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:38 am

One of my favourites, Electivire!
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Electivire_devamp_by_gantorn-da8gew9
Gantorn
Gantorn
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Pelipp10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:42 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Week_8__devamp_by_yria101-da8kpuk

There you go, hope you like it! ^^.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Boot Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:28 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Scraggy_generation_2_style_by_magiquezmaster-da8lhv7

Pretty simple Scraggy devamp, was planning on doing a different pose but I didn't have any idea what to do with it.

Mitchell Boot
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:01 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Spheal_devamp_by_crimsonignis-da8ogpv
Note:

Funny how Spheal's B2W2 sprite is the same size as Marill's Crystal sprite.
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:35 am

Okay, judging will be posted tomorrow (holiday weekend, so kind of busy)

HOWEVER, the next round is being posted, and we are trying something a bit...new. Let's see how this goes.

Next Round: Make a sprite using only a maximum of 8 colors.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Essix Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:11 pm

Is this sprite for new contest suppose to be trainer sprite? Or it can be anything in paint?
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:42 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 NrWvjjF

Tada! Cat from Peg + Cat. And only 7 colours, heh.

Reference:

Last edited by TriShade on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed "Peg" to Cat as it should be because I'm a pedant.)
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:55 pm

Karasugaming wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Devamp11
Well, this isn't really bad, but there are some problems with it. For one, the white shading seems kind of all over the place, and doesn't have any rhyme or reason to it. Also, the shade of black you used is much too dark for a sprite of this style. Needs some work, but could work.
C

Dragon Arbock wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 2h839z4
Arbock, you never fail in this department. I have nothing to say about this besides great job.
A

Zell wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Bdzq
Huh. Well, this isn't bad, but it seems kind of...boring. It has almost no dithering to shade it, making it look flat. Creative use of the limited color palette could have helped too, but as is, seems...bland.
C

Kitten wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 FzVZHyw
Welp, I am impressed yet again. The use of the blue shade is amazing, as is the dithering in general. The only problem I could have is that the sprite might look too detailed for this style.
A

Gantorn wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Electivire_devamp_by_gantorn-da8gew9
This one is also very good. My one thing with it is the shades of yellow seem too close together, either in actual color or in brightness, and it is bothersome. Otherwise, great job.
A-

FutureCreator wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Pelipp10
Well, this is pretty good, but I feel there is too much dithering for the shades used, specifically with the blue shade. It looks much too dark to be the shade of the white, and it also is pretty dark for the blue in general. There are also some spots of double pixelization on the beak that are out of place, and there are some black pixels on the "tail" that don't belong either. Not bad, but there are some needed fixes.
B

Mitchell Boot wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Scraggy_generation_2_style_by_magiquezmaster-da8lhv7
Well, this looks pretty good, actually. The use of the shades looks great, the general dithering is pretty good. Nothing much I can actually say. Well done.
B+

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Spheal_devamp_by_crimsonignis-da8ogpv
Crim, you never fail to disappoint. This is no exception. The only real gripe I have with it is that the blue looks too dark for Spheal.
A-

Essix wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Devamp10
Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Week_8__devamp_by_yria101-da8kpuk
Unfortunately, both of these sprites go over the color limit. I'm sorry to both of you.

You all know the next round ;P
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamNingo Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:36 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Entry_8_by_pokeminer20-da92ebd

Guardian of Chaos, rival to Order and my entry to round 8... enjoy Razz

(Color pallet to the right and background changed so the sprite could simply be seen)
TeamNingo
TeamNingo
Wild Abra

https://sites.google.com/site/theroughningosagav1/

Back to top Go down

Post by Essix Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Mistral from Le Ranch
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 7 Mistra10
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next