Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The introduction of a vocable enthusiast

5 posters

Go down

The introduction of a vocable enthusiast Empty The introduction of a vocable enthusiast

Post by TheChth0nicProfessor Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Hello everybody. So, I'm The Chthonic Professor. It's a pleasure to meet you all. I haven't actually read any other introductions yet, so I have no basis with which to begin an introduction of my own. I guess I'm winging it, as usual. Maybe I'll start with some information about me?
- I'm a Canadian who lived in Switzerland for four years of his life.
- I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at the tender age of 10 months old.
- I'm currently writing this in a College Introductory Psychology course, which I find to be hilarious, but may mean absolutely nothing to you.
- My favourite Pokemon is Altaria.
- I began playing Pokemon when I was five or six, and my first game was Pokemon Ruby. Since then, I've played Pokemon Silver, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Soul Silver, Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, Pokemon Y and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, alongside a couple of the Pokemon Ranger games, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, and Pokemon Battle Revolution.
- I would like to become a pixel artist, and create pixel characters of my own one day.
- I like to write fan fiction, and I hope to be a professional novelist one day.
- I would like to one day be a Silver League Gym Leader, or if possible Elite Four Member, but I have to get my team up to par first.
- I have an incredible obsession and pet peeve when it comes to proper grammar, so please be understanding if I seem scathing when I correct someone's grammar. I know people hate a know-it-all, but learning how to get your message across properly never hurt anyone, I can guarantee you.
- My favourite Pokemon types are Flying and Bug, because they're sort-of the underdogs of the Pokemon types.

Fun Fact: For anyone who wants to know, my name has an interesting meaning. It's actually why I picked the name. Chthonic (pronounced: THAW-nik), means 'Something to do with hell, or something that belongs to hell.' If you take my name literally, I'm someone who 'Professes' 'Something to do with hell'. Essentially, a Chthonic Professor is someone who preaches the word of Satan like one would profess the word of God, like a Satanic Priest. Which Pokemon is the equivalent of Satan? Giratina. What am I trying to say? I'm a messenger sent to the Silver League to profess the words of the Distortion Lord himself, the almighty Giratina.

Yeah, that's about it for me. I hope to make some interesting friends as a new member of the Silver League.
TheChth0nicProfessor
TheChth0nicProfessor
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

The introduction of a vocable enthusiast Empty Re: The introduction of a vocable enthusiast

Post by Professor Morel Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Whoa-ho-ho--another professor, eh? You'll make a welcome addition to the Silver League Forums. There are a lot of really great people here, I'm sure you'll catch one of them sooner or later (not me of course). Props for taking psychology, I've always loved it though it is just a hobby of mine.

Anyways, there are several threads here you should check out: specifically the Pixel Art and Fan Fiction ones. Might give you a basis to work from. There's also a "Chat Box' at the bottom of the SL's home page. Usually a few regulars hangin' 'round there. Hopefully you'll share some of your own Fan Fiction with us. Being an aspiring writer myself, I enjoy checking out others' works.

So yeah. Just message someone if you need any help or got some questions.  Bonne soirée!
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

The introduction of a vocable enthusiast Empty Re: The introduction of a vocable enthusiast

Post by Pixel Profligate Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:44 pm

Well, I see Morel, despite his recent absence, beat me to it. Well, welcome to the forum ^^ Morel covered it all, pretty much. If you ever need help with Pixel Art, I'd be more than willing to critique anything make and to help you improve. As for getting your team "up to par," I'll be of little help there, but I can sure help you battle test your team a bit. See you around the forum ^^
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Woohooo! Canada!!! Ahem, welcome to the forums! I don't really play competetive but I look forward to seeing your pixel art and reading your fanfiction. Also, Psychology? That's pretty cool. Well, hope to see you around!

(I'm not doing very well at my job of promoting the chatbox, am I?)
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:02 am

Welcome to the forums ^^, (btw Altaria is a cute ball of fluffyness, as you already saw XD)
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down