Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon (For Non-Competitive Reasons)

+5
DekuMarowak
Yria/Mara LB
Karasugaming
verys
Pixel Profligate
9 posters

Go down

Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon (For Non-Competitive Reasons) Empty Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon (For Non-Competitive Reasons)

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Well, since I'm kinda really interested, I want to know everyones favorite and least favorite Pokemon, but there's a catch, these reasons can't be competitive based, so you can't pick something because it has a good movepool, or because it is useful in competitive, or because it's bad in competitive. Pick something because of what you like about the design, or because of a story, or something like that.

Anyways, I guess I'll start. My favorite Pokemon has beenn Shuppet ever since I first saw one in my very first Pokemon game of my own, Sapphire. I don't really know what it is I love about it so much, but I just do. It might be the super cuteness and ghost combo, or the cool stories behind it, or a combination of both of those, but whatever it is, I just love the thing.

My least favorite Pokemon is Maractus. I freakin' hate this thing for 2 reasons. 1, it's super forgettable and just underwelming, and 2, they didn't make it a female evolution of Cacnea. It is literally perfect for that, but because it was Gen 5, they didn't do that, which just led to the thing being forgotten by most people, and seeming like they are "running out of ideas", for lack of a better phrase. They had so many options for a cool desert Pokemon, like a Jack Rabbit, which are essentially the badasses of the bunny world, or they could have had something based off of a Chupicabra, but nah, lets just make another Cactus, but lets give it no evolutions and lets make it really forgettable.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon (For Non-Competitive Reasons) Empty Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon (For Non-Competitive Reasons)

Post by verys Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:10 pm

My favorite Pokemon would probably have to be Chimchar, because it was the first Pokemon I ever had. Yes, I started with Gen 4, dont judge me. I also got a Chimchar in my very first Pokemon card pack. I also had a member of the Chimchar family in my SoulSilver, Platinum, and Black 2 nuzlockes, so its as if it was meant to be XD If I had to choose a second favorite, it would have to be Umbreon, purely because of its design and how much everyone else hates it.

My least favorite Pokemon is probably Beedrill. Though I love its design, it killed my Kabutops in my Emerald, my Umbreon in SoulSilver, and my Monferno and Weavile in Platinum. Why must you do this, Beedrill?

verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon (For Non-Competitive Reasons) Empty Eh....

Post by Karasugaming Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:42 pm

well im doing my favourite and non favourites based on starter pokemon
Favourite 3 starters:
Turtwig
Oshawott
and Fennekin

least favourite 3 starters:
Chikorita
Squirtle
and Tepig (bacon must be eaten)
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon (For Non-Competitive Reasons) Empty Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon (For Non-Competitive Reasons)

Post by Yria/Mara LB Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:17 am

My favorite pokemon Is MAWILEEEE!!!!. 
And for all of those (probally none) who thought I liked mawile becuse the competetive shits, youre wrong ^^.

Mawile has a really cool origin, and has a great desine overall. + Its cute and well it can kill some things off, exactly what I like lol.

And for my least favorite pokemon..... UNEFAZANT!
I hate it, Pidove and Tranquil, had nice designs, and where cool. But when you go with shades of grey, dont put the colour in the next evolution! I know its something about its design ect. But its sooow uglyy!!!! It looks like a duck overrides by a huge car... TWICE!

Well that said, love Mawile and kill Unefazant ^^
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by DekuMarowak Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:07 am

I bet you'll never guess what my favorite Pokemon is.

PLOT TWIST! It's Marowak!
I don't really know where my love for Marowak started, but I do know I've had a Marowak character named Fedora for years now. She's my longest standing character and has gone through so many changes, whenever I'm signing up to a place where Pokemon is the main focus, I always use some version of Fedora Wearing Marowak as a homage to her.

My least favorite... that's a toughie.. I'll have to say the elemental monkey trio, specifically the final evolutions. Monkies are one of my least favorite animals to begin with, not to mention all three are ugly. I felt like Nintendo was shoving them in our faces over the course of Gen 5, I just got sick and tired of them. I'll stick to grinding in the dreamyard over using one of these against the first gym.
DekuMarowak
DekuMarowak
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon (For Non-Competitive Reasons) Empty Re: Favourite/Least Favourite Pokemon (Non-competitive reasons)

Post by TheChth0nicProfessor Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:09 pm

My favourite Pokemon, without a doubt, is Altaria. Why? I have no idea. It's a Dragon Type, it's a Flying Type, it's got cloud wings, it's Mega Evolution is awesome... just... just everything about Altaria is amazing. It also helps that my Altaria Cloudhopper helped me through the toughest moments of my Alpha Sapphire journey.

As for a least favourite Pokemon? I don't actually know, I don't think I could really hate on a single Pokemon enough to call it my least favourite.
TheChth0nicProfessor
TheChth0nicProfessor
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:43 pm

The only one for me is Abra. My first sight of the Psy-mon was in Fire Red on the route to Bill's house. It's generally tired yet curious expression seemed to resonate with me. Wasn't until Heart Gold that my interest renewed in it, after I picked up another from the game corner then randomly took a picture with my team. Abra had wound up right behind me in the photo making it appear like he was sitting on my shoulders, head resting on my hat. Thought it was adorable. Plus the thing can teleport and bend spoons (sort of), what's not to like?

Least favorite... hm. I generally like most of them, but Gengar stands out as dislikeable. Always irked me how some Pokemon only evolved through trades, and since I lived in the middle of nowhere as a youth I could never get any of these evolutions. But also because I love Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Gengar was the villain who tried to mess up a lot of stuff. Team Meanies indeed.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon (For Non-Competitive Reasons) Empty favorite Pokemon

Post by weret12343211 Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:56 pm

my favorite pokemon for non-competitive reasons is mega lucario because it looks really cool. My least favorite is dialga, because it took forever for me to catch.

Last edited by weret12343211 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Previous message was not on topic)
weret12343211
weret12343211
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Weret, I'm just gonna say, this thread was for favorites and least favorites for NON competitive reasons.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:09 pm

My favourite pokémon design wise is Gallade. I think that it's design is really cool and the mega makes it even better. He also helped me trough Platinum version.

Least favourite pokémon is Charizard. Just because of all the hype it gets.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down