Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jelly Colloctive RP Rules/Guidelines

+3
Pixel Profligate
verys
Galladeguy77
7 posters

Go down

The Jelly Colloctive RP Rules/Guidelines Empty The Jelly Colloctive RP Rules/Guidelines

Post by Pixel Profligate Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:59 pm

We felt like these were necessary as to help keep the RP organized and free of problems. Any questions should be asked to me or one of the council members.

FOREWARNING: Just because your post may fit within these guidelines doesn't mean it won't be subject to change. If complaints are heard, the council will meet and discuss what will be done about the problem.

RULES/GUIDELINES:
1) No more legendaries introduced or used unless approved by the council.

2) New characters must be spread out. If the character you made isn't in yet, you must be okay with waiting until a suitable time.

3) If you want to introduce something new that is either very powerful or might change the track of the plot, the council must agree.

4) If you want to add anything blatantly romantic between two characters, you must ask the people those characters are based on to ensure they are comfortable with that.

5) Any major events involving specific character must be agreed upon by the character's creator or the council.

6) New locations must be approved by the council, as well as where the location is relative to other places in the world.

7) Don't be the reason for Rule 8.

Last edited by LlamaMinister on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

The Jelly Colloctive RP Rules/Guidelines Empty Re: The Jelly Colloctive RP Rules/Guidelines

Post by Galladeguy77 Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:00 pm

My character has a giratina and is currently in the distortion world, is that ok?
Galladeguy77
Galladeguy77
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

The Jelly Colloctive RP Rules/Guidelines Empty Re: The Jelly Colloctive RP Rules/Guidelines

Post by Pixel Profligate Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Based on the current backstories, and rule 1, you cannot have Giratina. As for the distortion world, PM me on A.) How this will affect the story B.) How early you'd like to be introduced C.) What the purpose of having you in the distortion world will do. After that, the council and I will discuss it.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

The Jelly Colloctive RP Rules/Guidelines Empty .....

Post by Karasugaming Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Iv'e already posted my new characters backstory and he has giratina in it but does not control it more like he's making marc have choices to do the wrong thing right thing or his own thing so i think thats gonna cause some issues if you control giratina and are in the distortion world
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:35 am

Uhm, gamer in your backstory you replaced the headphones with a locket, but the final sentance still reads: "I put it on to hide my headphones". Just a heads up Very Happy
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:10 pm

The jungle/ forest mentioned in my backstory was already okayed, correct?
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Thats okay since it was before the council, and it works. So yes.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

The Jelly Colloctive RP Rules/Guidelines Empty Notice

Post by Karasugaming Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:52 pm

I fixed my thingo on the character backstory even though it was before the council I got rid of the thing about giratina just to be fair and to not be a guy that gets a choice to be good or evil or both at the same time. also his partner pokemon is a beedrill that can mega evolve so I got rid of charizard and dragonite cause that would mean he had 3 pokemon that would be able to fly so now he only has gliscor for transportation
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

The Jelly Colloctive RP Rules/Guidelines Empty Mainly being asked towards people who are in the jelly colloctive

Post by Karasugaming Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:53 am

If anyone has any recording software on there computer and would like to do a team pokemon fire red and leaf green randomizer nuzlocke (2 people play leaf green 2 people will play firered 1 from each is 1 team)
so yeah I would like to do that on my channel And just wanted to know if any one in the jelly colloctive have recording softwares on there computers.
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:13 am

13gamer2000 wrote:If anyone has any recording software on there computer and would like to do a team pokemon fire red and leaf green randomizer nuzlocke (2 people play leaf green 2 people will play firered 1 from each is 1 team)
so yeah I would like to do that on my channel And just wanted to know if any one in the jelly colloctive have recording softwares on there computers.
This would probably be better off in the Video Game thread instead of here.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:56 am

Ah, should have posted this earlier. Better late than never, hopefully. Doctor Morel uses his Void Tome, Mensio de Apsens, as like a picture book full of alchemy symbols. With a palm tattoo, he can pull whatever object the alchemy picture symbolizes from the page. Now, a lot of these have been pre-determined by me and are not over-powered (I think). It's honestly more of a magical backpack than anything, just with eventual story concepts that involve Morel's missing arm and overall goal. No Pokeballs containing Legendaries, or any godkilling weapons, are in this book (unless, of course, the council feels that has potential).
Additionally, I stated in my backstory, Morel is from and wishes to go back to a city north of Lakedon. I just want to make sure this is approved. If not, I'll get to work on edits.

P.S. I forgot to mention Etirp's Key. Mystical objects that come together to unlock ludicrous treasure. Or maybe the apocolypse. I don't really know. As stated above, whatever the council feels has potential, I will do.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:23 am

I like what you're saying, but I'm sure you've seen Fullmetal Alchemist, because your character uses alchemy and has a prosthetic arm. Honestly, I don't understand what the point of adding alchemy into the mix. Since what you're doing has nothing to do with actual alchemy, and because of the fact we have magic in the RP already. I feel it would be easier to simply call it magic.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:51 pm

You dont need to change it Morel. You're the only one using Alchemy in the Jelly. So, Magic doesnt really get to repetetive.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:47 pm

I support keeping it the way you have it just to add a bit of diversity.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:50 pm

Uhm I would like someone to point out what differenciates magic from this "alchemy" since I don't understand what taking things out of a book has to do with turning iron into gold...
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:56 pm

Alchemy involves the summoning of physical, inanimate objects, where as magic is more energy based.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Quite sure alchemy is chemitry with the use of magic.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:01 pm

I'm talking in the more broad sense.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:04 pm

I would actually assume we had already used alchemy in the RP. Since Zekrom can be transformed into a small stone. And Siana's backstory claims she uses magic from a book to summon Raikou (not sure if she only used it to do magic)
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:53 pm

True, but we haven't really had a completely alchemy user.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:44 pm

Just to add clarification. I believe LM's character, Moyaird, can use magic. As could many others in Season One. Now it is considered base magic because the users can just do it whenever they wish.

Alchemy differs in that it is genuinely considered a science; therefore, anyone could actually do it without requiring magical blood or what have you. Alchemy is often science-based in that it requires pictographs, symbols that translate to mathematics equations which in turn tap into the metaphysical lay-lines of the world or whatever (what powers the symbols often changes with each story).

Now if someone uses a book to summon Raikou, it depends on how it happened. If opening the book and saying some words or simply looking at a script awoke the Beast, then it is magic. If the book had symbols or instructions on how to do so--something any being could theoretically do--it is alchemy. As for stones becoming Zekroms, sounds more like a summoning crystal. And while possibly anyone could do that, there is not set principles for this aside from the stone having the power to change into Zekrom. If the stone were an ingredient, then it becomes alchemic. But as LM aptly stated, magic is more energy based (power drawn from something causing incredible changes or whatever). Alchemy is much more humble--and pretentious--since it does not create energy, like magic. It just brings about existing matter.

[And this is so not like FMA. See, I had a prosthetic arm before turning Jelly, then someone suggested I be an alchemist which I assumed had something  to do with my professor title. And I said sure. As for the symbols, uh. Yeah, that's pretty similar. Except I use a book. So it's different.]

BUT. You are technically correct, Future, about this not seriously being alchemy. To a point. People like Nicholas Flamel speculated there was a real-world process for actually converting one type of matter to another. My book does no such thing, it summons. Which is magical, granted. But it is still alchemy because it involves the mathematical/symbolic symbols, which "IRL Alchemy" (because that exists apparently) does as well. But yes, just cuz Mr. Flamel used the phrases "alchemy" and "iron to gold" does not mean that is the only form of alchemy. Afterall, he never succeeded from what we know, so maybe my versions is the true form! But Future's sentence "alchemy is chemistry with magic" pretty much sums it up. And hell, maybe the Raikou Book and Zekrom stone really are Jelly Alchemy, in which case plot threads could be formed in Season Two regarding the pretentiousness of my alchemy.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:40 pm

I thought the jelly colloctive Rp was dead
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:57 pm

Is.... is it not?
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Galladeguy77 Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:07 pm

Galladeguy77 wrote:My character has a giratina and is currently in the distortion world, is that ok?

I am an embarrassment to humanity.
Galladeguy77
Galladeguy77
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down