Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty Not on my watch!

Post by Pigmaniac Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:11 pm

Here's my fusion of Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander: Bulbertle! (Name WIP)
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 DzsTejL
Pigmaniac
Pigmaniac
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by verys Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Where is the judging, exactly? confused
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:29 am

I was /very/ busy, so I'm working on judging now, so the rest of this week is an off week.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:50 pm

oKAY OKAY i'M VERY LATE Oh yikes work caps locks.
I can judge now- both at once, yes (here we go..)

Cosplay Round;
13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Pikach10
(Oh frick my work computer crashed everything- bye paragraphs >.>) Basically, this sprite is pretty good for being fairly detail heavy, but the arm has a weird straight sleeve, the white outline is too light, and the pants need a bit better shading. Also, the hat rim may or may not be too narrow.
B-

LlamaMinister wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 QqMwv8w
This is really quite clever, and good for scratch. The only real problem I have is the teeth having such a dark outline.
A-

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Scyther__jason__voorhess_by_jathavansiva-d8uvd6r
This isn't a bad idea, but it wasn't executed well. The sprite is full of things that needed more attention and cleaning up, such as the scratched parts having an all black outline, and some of the recolored parts still containing green outline.
C-

Master BetaX wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Ryuga_10
(Yes, I am KH trash ;p) Anyway, this sprite is fairly good. What really bothers me about it is the fact that the Rayquaza part has the full highlight-base-shadow coloring, but the coat lacks a third, which I think it could really use to help imply more details and to fit better with the rest of the sprite.
B+

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Israfe10
This is good and all, but for the most part it isn't much more that a recolor. Sly as it may be, I can't give too many creative points for it.
C

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Natsu_10
This is fairly interesting and a nice fit. For the most part it's good, the the sleeved arm gets somewhat lost against the black of the body. Either the arm should have been a few shades lighter, or the scarf could have been positioned to break up the arm from the body.
B

Zell wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 282nvqo
This suffers from the same issue as future's, but also the white outline color is much too light, especially when coupled with the black outline.
C-

Leopardmask wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Qoeudd
This is interesting, to say the least, but I have one question- why not mega Absol? Anyway lots of this is actually pretty good, such as the jewelry. It could have used maybe a bit of refinement, but that's not a big deal. What bothers me is the 'hair' and the bit on the tail. Even if you were trying to be more realistic about it all (such as not having it crazy and gravity-defyingly floaty), the colors should still be more washed out. Also, what is up with the mark looking like it's on some banner hanging from the tail? The sun mark should have easily been put on Absol's upper leg/lower back no problem.
B-

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Batchu_by_yria101-d8vbkca
This is really, well, it works better than expected. The detail work is, for the most part, spot on. The /only/ part that's a little questionable is the waist part. The belt feels a little messy, and the shape of the spandex is a bit uneven, and it could have used some shading. Overall, really good, but just a bit short of perfect.
B+

Hessehl wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Maya_ralts_by_hessehl-d8vdwen
This is really interesting, and from a first glance, it almost looks perfect. However, up close I notice that while the hair and head are beautifully shaded,.. the rest of it suffers a bit. Why?- well, the problem seems to be that you took the colors right from the Ace Attorney sprite, and this was a mistake. The reason why?- they don't have enough shades to match up with the amount pokemon normally uses, which really looks weird next to the shades you took right from Ralts. Also, the use of black outline is a bit inconsistent as well.
B

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Hps9SvO
..It took me a very long while to realize this was an Adventure Time cosplay. Oops. I don't watch the show don't hurt me. Anyway, this is probably cuter than the actual AT character. For the most part, I like what you did- the ears are a bit inaccurate to the character, but that's probbaly the best you could have done, all things considered, and otherwise, no real flaws.
A

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Kabuto_heracross_by_crimsonignis-d8veemc
Last but not least. This one is.. so weird. Like, it's not bad, but there are parts that need to be done differently. For example, the head is pretty good, though the chin peace is a little weird and not quite matching to the character. The chest plate however- it's much too small and non-conforming, by all rights it should have been larger and wider around Herecross instead of being so smooshed that it's hard to tell that that's what it is. The feet and hand details are pretty good as well, but the belt doesn't wuite stand out enough against the body with that grey outline. Overall, this sprite is largely a mixed bag.
C

1st; KittenCutie1
2nd; LlamaMinister
3rd; Master BetaX, Yria/Mara LB

Open Round; (judging in progress)
Leopardmask wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Fehojc
(IT TIMED OUT AGAIN ArgggH *dies*) Okay you're all getting a quick summary. Overall not bad. It's fairly accurate and the highlights emphasize metal. The helmet does need work though, with the middle spike needing to be longer and more trident shaped.
B+

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Entry_10
This is more of a little-more-than-a-recolor recolor as opposed to a revamp. IT still has all the anatomical flaws of the original, and uses the same shading instead of it being redone. also, why is there so little black?
C

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Untitl10
This is really good as a fusion (and for your sake I'll judge it as such), but as a fakemon, it's more of an amalgamation of parts then its own thing. The arms and legs are obvious as to where they came from, and should be edited to be more distinct to really make it your own. also, it makes no sense for the arms to have tufts of fur when the rest of the body is that of a steely lizard.
A-

LlamaMinister wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 F4KTNHG
This is actually really impressive in that it's really detailed, but it does not feel cluttered. If I had any criticism it's that the hair and metal bits should have a highlight shade, but otherwise, good job.
A

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Physod10
This comes off as more of a poison or flying type than it does a fighting. Meanwhile, your use of highlight is rather bad, and the shading is done at an angle rather against the norm for pokemon. Also, the legs seem kind of off anatomically, but it's hard to pinpoint how exactly.
C

Hessehl wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Dahlia_hessehl_by_hessehl-d8w5cui
I have never pokestudio'd. It's not bad (though I'm not a fan of the jpeg-like outline- and I don't care if that's how they do it). What really bothers me though is the angle of the hand on the chest compared to the lack of bulge under the cloak for the elbow joint. In that position, you can;t have one without the other. Also, the length of the other arm feels a bit short, bur that could be that the hip is just too low.
B

RandomUncertainty wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 TA9gCUI
This sprite is really just overall rather plain. You used way too much black outline on the dress, as well, and the contour lines for the fabric should really be a lighter color. Also, the shading could use a bit of work.
C-

Zell wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Fairy_11
This sprite isn't bad. It's only up close that it's flaws are really apparent. There's some weird grey pixels int he outline of the sleeves, the knee joint is off somehow, and there is some double pixelation on the torso. Also, it's really weird that the shadowed eye has no iris.
C+

Zenox-rmp wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Pokemo13
Oh lord Mew help me. (Am I meant to take this seriously, or..?) Anyway, most of it meshes ok, but that face.. oh dear.. nope nope nope nope nope.
D

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Conwuesttest_by_yria101-d8w8fcx
This isn't bad, but it has some similar problems to the other one. The hair has no highlight, and the shadow color is /so/ close that it's like it isn't even there at all, and it looks flat. The arm is also a bit noodly-looking, but mostly the elbow joint needs more defining. Also, the head seems a little large for the body, proportion-wise.
C

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 VLM9pDS
This is really rather good, once again. The only things that really bother me are that the chin should be a pixel wider at the bottom, and maybe the hair that isn't highlighted should make use of more shadow to add more definition.
A

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Kiva_emperor_form_by_crimsonignis-d8wb1av
This is mostly good. Where I find issue is that it looks a little off model when compared to the source. The head crescent seems like it should be bigger, and the collar doesn't look quite right. it's not bad, but it's just off.
B+

Master BetaX wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Lol10
Of course Beta would do a mugshot on an open round. As usual this is pretty great. The only thing that really perturbs me is that the chin is a bit too narrow- basically the whole face comes to somewhat too sharp of a point. Otherwise, there really isn't anything bad.
A

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Thunder_fist_by_brawler139-d8wbpqa
This is a nightmare fusion. Mostly though, I can tell that the one arm is just a rotation of the other arm, and it doesn't work from an anatomy perspective or otherwise. Also, other than the arms and the head, not enough is really changed.
C-

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Splicing_by_jathavansiva-d8wc4z8
This could have worked, but was executed poorly. The wings are facing the wrong way in relation to the rest of the body, the tail looks like it's attached to the body on both sides, and there is grey outline left over from poor recoloring.
C-

Pigmaniac wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 DzsTejL
Lastly, this fusion looks too much like an orange Bulbasaur, mostly because the elements from each are unbalanced. The Squirtle's shell should come down and form around the legs like a shell really works, and maybe rounding off Bulbasaur's head would help it mex better with Charmander.

1st; LlamaMinister, KittenCutie1, Master BetaX
2nd; VerysBlade
3rd; Leopardmask, CrimsonIgnis

(also, the rest of the week is an off week, as it's almost over already, and.. anyone still interested in that tournament?)
C-

Last edited by Dragon Arbock on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:

Leopardmask wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Qoeudd
This is interesting, to say the least, but I have one question- why not mega Absol? Anyway lots of this is actually pretty good, such as the jewelry. It could have used maybe a bit of refinement, but that's not a big deal. What bothers me is the 'hair' and the bit on the tail. Even if you were trying to be more realistic about it all (such as not having it crazy and gravity-defyingly floaty), the colors should still be more washed out. Also, what is up with the mark looking like it's on some banner hanging from the tail? The sun mark should have easily been put on Absol's upper leg/lower back no problem.
B-

Well, I thought since a lot of people use fabric to represent hair, I'd try to do the same. So Absol has the cloak that also represents the tail hair. I don't know why I didn't just put the mark on Absol itself instead of the cloak - I think I wanted the cloak to start in a normal spot and it extended over the area where the mark should be anyway.
And I seriously thought about using Mega Absol, but I don't have a sprite for it on hand, I didn't want to use someone else's sprite, and I felt like I wouldn't really have enough time to scratch my own Mega Absol.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty I see what you mean here

Post by Karasugaming Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:31 pm

[quote="Dragon Arbock"]oKAY OKAY i'M VERY LATE Oh yikes work caps locks.
I can judge now- both at once, yes (here we go..)

Cosplay Round;
13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Pikach10
(Oh frick my work computer crashed everything- bye paragraphs >.>) Basically, this sprite is pretty good for being fairly detail heavy, but the arm has a weird straight sleeve, the white outline is too light, and the pants need a bit better shading. Also, the hat rim may or may not be too narrow.
B-
I agree with you with the rim of the hat cause i was starting to get ocd from the hat rim yes the white outline should be a bit darker and the sleeves were really hard to make cause of how stubby pikachus arms are ;-;

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Entry_10
This is more of a little-more-than-a-recolor recolor as opposed to a revamp. IT still has all the anatomical flaws of the original, and uses the same shading instead of it being redone. also, why is there so little black?
C

Oh crap I forgot to put black on it i knew i was forgetting something XD

Also what tournament you talking about a battling tournament or this spriting tournament
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:04 pm

13gamer2000 wrote:
Oh crap I forgot to put black on it i knew i was forgetting something XD

Also what tournament you talking about a battling tournament or this spriting tournament
[/quote]
Eh, that happens..

Also, the sprite tournament.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell Justice Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:22 pm

Of course , I am still interested . But if you wanna stop judging , maybe give the judge power to another person , if you want to make someone else a judge , I thought of LlamaMinister or CrimsonIgnis.
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:29 pm

I don't mind judging, but I wouldn't mind having one or two to fall back on should I be really busy (like last week or the upcoming last week of July will be).

I'd need to evaluate any who are up for the challenge first though.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty Eh

Post by Karasugaming Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:53 pm

I have nothing better to do but I don't mind being a judge I can cretique on some sprites even though im not the best spriter.
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:27 am

I would like to help with the judging.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:29 am

If I remember correctly Llama and Ignis would like to help with the judging.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:30 pm

(Ok, I'm working on a test to evaluate people for judge status, but for now..)

To celebrate today's release, the round this week is to Sprite a playable character that appears in a Super Smash Bros title.
Round ends 6/20. Have fun~
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty You should probably

Post by Karasugaming Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:47 pm

You should probably say that the pokemon characters in SSB should not be allowed to be used seeing as someone could just post a random pikachu sprite
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:52 pm

13gamer2000 wrote:You should probably say that the pokemon characters in SSB should not be allowed to be used seeing as someone could just post a random pikachu sprite

I /guess/ but Greninja is still spriteless, and if someone wanted to make a whole new sprite for Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, or Charizard, I'd allow it.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty Sprite created

Post by Karasugaming Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:52 pm

1st entry for this weeks selection
ITTSSS!!!!
Kirby Kirby Kirby thats a name you should know
Kirby Kirby Kirby He's the star of the show
He's more than you think he's got maximum pink!
Kirby Kirby Kirby's the one
He's coming RIGHT Back at ya
He's coming RIGHT Back at ya
Give it all that you take your very best shot
KIRBY!
KIIIIRRBYYYY!!!!
Kirby Kirby
Kirby Kirby Kirby's the onneeeeeeee
Right back at ya
Yeah

So yeah heres kirby
I scratched the kirby sprite and used my old original kirby sprite for reference
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 New_an10[/img]
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:46 am

Oh my god, this took soooooo long to make! Anyways, here is Meta Knight (Cape form) as he appears in Smash 4.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Metakn10

P.S. Ok just noticed the blur. Here is the sprite itself:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Meta_k10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Empty Tounge Attack

Post by Jathavan Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:13 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Ludwig_by_jathavansiva-d8y1gq1
This is a scratch sprite so the color pallet is a little bit off.

Last edited by Jathavan on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Okay her crown has fallen of and i got no time to get it on deviantart but: PEACH
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Peach_11
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:25 pm

My submission is the Planking King, Luigi

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 The_planking_king_vs_by_crimsonignis-d8y3qqn
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:00 pm

Here's my entry ^^

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 HqSr4tS
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Brawler139 Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:51 am

Here is my very late entry based on the official image.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 20 Ness_scratch_by_brawler139-d8y5fm0
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:53 pm

(Internet is garbage right now- I think my brother is stealing all the bandwidth with youtube uploading or something- I'll pick up the judging tomorrow morning at work).
For now.. was anybody actually interested in doing that partners round?
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:55 pm

I still am.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:01 pm

I am really interested in a partner round even though I never really participate in the contest. I like the idea of choosing partners but it'd also be cool if there was another round with random partners. Of course, that would need to factor in timezones and such...
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next