Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Leopardmask Sat May 23, 2015 9:18 am

Yria, that's a really interesting progression. I don't think I've seen someone do a color change like that.
Also: Dang, I just noticed the "scratch" in the round title... I finished my own armored Mewtwo, but I started with the Gen V sprite so I don't think it'll count. I'll post it anyway, just in case it does (I don't want to miss the deadline waiting for a confirmation on whether it counts or not) but if I'm interpreting the rules for this round correctly, then I don't have anything. I should've stuck with the jellybean Pokemon.

My version of Armored Mewtwo:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Fehojc
(I can tell something is wrong with the middle spike of the helmet but I have no idea how to fix it...)
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat May 23, 2015 11:00 am

Leopardmask wrote:Yria, that's a really interesting progression. I don't think I've seen someone do a color change like that.

Thanks but what do you mean by color change?
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sat May 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Yria/Mara LB wrote:
Leopardmask wrote:Yria, that's a really interesting progression. I don't think I've seen someone do a color change like that.

Thanks but what do you mean by color change?

Heh, I see what they mean.

Also, yeah, sorry, Leopardmask. It would be unfair to everyone else if I let you get away with it.
You could keep it for some other round I have in mind maybe a bit later, though.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hessehl Sat May 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Here's my entry
Hessehl
Hessehl
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat May 23, 2015 1:07 pm

Hessehl wrote:Here's my entry

Is your entry nothingness? If not, I think you forgot to add your entry...
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hessehl Sat May 23, 2015 1:19 pm

Small error,
I can't post the picture now since I'm on my mobile so I'm leaving the link:
sta.sh/01ze5kjs7or
Hessehl
Hessehl
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Sat May 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:

Also, yeah, sorry, Leopardmask. It would be unfair to everyone else if I let you get away with it.
You could keep it for some other round I have in mind maybe a bit later, though.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Well, looks like I've got nothing this round. I only started doing scratch builds with Hailektrik, so I don't have anything in my file, and I'm not gonna be able to do anything new on this short notice. This is why you read the round title carefully I suppose.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Sat May 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Hetali14
Here we are, my first entry after many weeks of procrastination. It's the Hetalia character based off of Russia. I used this [X] image for reference.
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sat May 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Here's my entry!

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 H1oSFiU
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun May 24, 2015 9:42 pm

I'm judging, I'm judging (got distracted by Indycar and Sonic Heroes ;p )
(Now I'm being pestered and watching Nascar.. gah it's so late I don't want to work tomorrow T-T )

futurecreateor wrote:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Nebula14
Hm, I do like seeing others' steps when spriting- it's interesting to see how other people work. Anyway, there are things about this that are good, though there's also parts that need work. The shirt and shoulder area is for the most part well done, but what bothers me is that I can't tell if that's supposed to be a collared shirt, or a very large v-neck (and if it is a collar, how  is the N on the shirt printed over the collar?). Also, I would recommend some shading on the neck. The head is alright, but has a few issues- the mouth needs some outline on the bottom, and the hair could really use more shading and some highlights. Overall not bad, but there are just several flaws.
C+

LlamaMinister wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 LFXXrBm
Quite ambitious of you. For the most part, your armor is accurate, but the sprite as a whole feels a bit unpolished. There's so much going on that more defined, darker outlines around areas like the bottom of the helmet would help, and a well contrasted highlight to give more of a metal look would have helped. Also, while it is /mostly/ accurate, there are parts that are off-model, such as the chest and waist plates being too far apart, and the helmet having a few little detail problems. Not a bad attempt, but needs a few touch ups.
B-

BetaX64 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Rayqua10
Hey, welcome back Beta. Also.. you would do Rayquaza, wouldn't you. You did rather well with this; it's almost hard to tell it's not official- almost. You did a good job with the head, and the finned body segments, but where I can immediately tell something is off is the chest and arm area. The Chest segment is just too long- much longer than in the official sprites. The arms on the other hand ar mostly alright- it's just the shading looks a bit too blocky. Oh, and the tail tip is also too thick. Otherwise, good job.
B+

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Freest10
Heh, I do admit that is good. The line work is near flawless. As that stands, where I really find fault is with the colors- in particular, both the blue and the grey are too bright; it's especially evident in that the black markings down the legs don't really stand out. The would have been better a bit darker and with some outlining. The other thing is, you could use a larger area of shading around the legs, and the shading on the arms is very rigid; it's just straight lines. Bottom line, your line work is nice, but your coloring needs work.
B-

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Hydrei10
Interesting, but with a pokemon as large as Hydreigon, I think you really should have used the full 56x56 area. From what I can see, while the proportions in gen 3 aren't perfect, the 'wings' really could have been bigger. Also, that much solid black is not very appealing, and would have looked better with some of the blue dithered in at the least in the places where there should be some form of highlight. You also did not attempt to stripe the pink areas on the body or tail.
C

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Kumon_kaito_vs_by_crimsonignis-d8ufyot
Hm, not bad at a glance. Your shading on the face is fairly consistent and the clothes look well done. If I had any real complaints, its that the nose seems somewhat small, and the ear is a little high-set. Otherwise, this is rather good.
A-

MisterInkwell wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 EZXLFef
Heh, I like this idea. I had always wanted a pre-evo of Skarmory, really, since in the games they already hatch with the hardened wings. Anyway, this is fairly good, but if I had any complaints, it's the use of dither on the non-damaged parts. The metal plating on Skarmory should be very smooth, and thus have smooth and sharp transitions, rather than gradual dither. Also, there should be more of an overhang of the top of the beak over the bottom jaw.
B+

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Work_2_by_yria101-d8uewro
Interesting, but for the most part, way too little contrast between the shades you used. It's about as effective as if you hadn't shaded at all, and the hair could have also used highlights in addition to darker shadows. Another thing, your apparel conforms to the lines of the body , making it look painted on, rather than looking like it actually wraps around the body (worst offender is the arm band that doesn't even curve to conform to the shape). Not trying to be harsh, but this sprite really suffers from its flaws.
C

Hessehl wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Entry_by_hessehl-d8ufq76
I am actually quite amazed at the ambition some of you guys have. This is really cool (and I might just have to do a round for these soon). As far as I can see, it's hard to find any definite flaws- if I have any grievance at all, it's that I'm not a fan of the lighter color you used for the outline of the hair- I know that's how they do it, but they mix it in with a lot more of the darker outline color.
A-

TriShade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Hetali14
This isn't /bad/, but it's not the best either. While you tried, it doesn't match the character you linked to very well. Regardless, the eyebrows are much too thick, and the ears are very high-set. The eyes are actually too high up as well, as they are invading the forehead space. I guess you could say the biggest problem with this sprite is positioning and proportions. The sprite also lacks some shading in places but that's the lesser of its problems.
D+

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 H1oSFiU
This sprite is gorgeous looking. The lines are very clean, and the shading and contrast is very well utilized. Also, hands can be tricky, and that hand is great. Very nice job.
A

1st; KittenCutie1
2nd; CrimsonIgnis, Hessehl
3rd; BetaX64, MisterInkwell

Next Round- Sprite a pokemon cosplaying as a character from an anime, video game, book, etc.
End Date- 5/30
  • You can change the pokemon's color.
  • You can not change the pokemon's anatomy
  • Pokemon only. No trainers.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Sun May 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Whoa, interesting idea. Ooh, I have an existing sprite I can modify! It's a little simple right now but I'll bet I could add some stuff and make it work!
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun May 24, 2015 10:20 pm

Good luck.

On another note, I wonder if I should add a cop of the scoreboard to the bottom of each round.. (I have no idea if anybody ever looks at it).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInkwell Mon May 25, 2015 3:03 am

I'd definitely look at it if you did -- maybe inside an expandable spoiler for those who want to check it?

Also I know exactly what I'm doing for this round and it's going to involve spriting guns, oh lordy. We can modify existing pokemon sprites for this as in previous rounds, right? Scratch is not required? (And if we do scratch, does it need to conform to size constraints of existing sprites or can it be larger to allow for more detail?)
MisterInkwell
MisterInkwell
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Mon May 25, 2015 5:45 am

Dragon Arbock wrote:

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Work_2_by_yria101-d8uewro
Interesting, but for the most part, way too little contrast between the shades you used. It's about as effective as if you hadn't shaded at all, and the hair could have also used highlights in addition to darker shadows. Another thing, your apparel conforms to the lines of the body , making it look painted on, rather than looking like it actually wraps around the body (worst offender is the arm band that doesn't even curve to conform to the shape). Not trying to be harsh, but this sprite really suffers from its flaws.
C

To be honest you where right. So I tryed to fix it and it looks much better. Altough I probally didnt fix everything.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Fixed_10
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Empty Entry

Post by Karasugaming Mon May 25, 2015 6:21 am

Entry is pikachu cosplaying as red
Enjoy.[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Pikach10[/img]
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon May 25, 2015 7:50 am

@MisterInkwell You can modify existing sprites, yes. (Size still should be kept reasonable, though- like, don't got over 110x110- 96x96 is usually plenty of room).

@Yria/Mara LB Yes, it does look better. Could probably still use a bit more, but still better.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Mon May 25, 2015 9:29 am

Wait, so... the Pokemon doesn't have to be cosplaying a chara from the Pokemon universe, right? It could be some other thing entirely?
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon May 25, 2015 10:18 am

Leopardmask wrote:Wait, so... the Pokemon doesn't have to be cosplaying a chara from the Pokemon universe, right? It could be some other thing entirely?
Yeah, that's the idea. (it's fine if you do, but you don't have to.)
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Mon May 25, 2015 2:58 pm

Awesome! The sprite I started will work then!
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon May 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 QqMwv8w
So, this is Gastly as a Boo. It's all scratch (I don't know why I keep doing scratch), and it isn't as good as I want it to be, but I have to go out of town in a day or two, so I had to kinda rush it.

...but I still think it's adorable ^-^
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Mon May 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Aw man, all of a sudden I have another idea and now I can't decide which one to do scratch
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Tue May 26, 2015 5:41 pm

Jason Voorhess toSilver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Scyther__jason__voorhess_by_jathavansiva-d8uvd6r Scyther
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Tue May 26, 2015 8:03 pm

Ooh, the bloody scythes are a nice touch.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Tue May 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Ryuga_10
MY ENTRY!!!
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 17 Empty noice

Post by Karasugaming Tue May 26, 2015 10:29 pm

#organizationXIIgetsextrapointsDAlikeskingdomhearts

also nice job beta
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next