Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Jathavan Wed May 13, 2015 1:05 pm

VerysBlade wrote:Jeez everyone is doing Umbreon... Looks like I started something
I think it just because umbreon is the easiest to work with as I started when she announced to the umberon as look it is is basically a blank canvas
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by FutureCreator Wed May 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Here is mega not-umbreon. Mega Jolteon:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Mega_j10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Wed May 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Rising_badge_by_yria101-d8slgk6
This also is not a revamp to d/p style. It is much too small, and honestly it deviates too much from the original. In fact I'm not even sure  what that base sprite you have going on there is supposed to be- it's not the official, nor does it match any official. Regardless, your sprite just isn't a d/p styling of the badge.
D

I had no idea how the style acully looked like. Don't try schearching it on google. You will get the wrong images and in the end you will do it wrong XD.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed May 13, 2015 2:50 pm

(I'm not sure what's sarcasm, but), yeah, that first image there is kinda what you wanted..

Though.. future reference says not to take /anything/ for granted next time I do a round like this.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Wed May 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed May 13, 2015 8:04 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 O02e7m
Woo! It's great to be back in this. So, this is Mega Glaceon. It's almost all scratch work, besides the lower end of the tail.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Thu May 14, 2015 11:09 pm

My submission this round will be Mega Jolteon

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Mega_jolteon_by_crimsonignis-d8teiy0
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Empty Mega Flareon

Post by Pigmaniac Sat May 16, 2015 12:44 am

Haven't made an entry in the competition for a while so it's good to be back. Here's my Mega Flareon!
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 6pkbU3Q
Pigmaniac
Pigmaniac
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat May 16, 2015 7:27 am

Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Empty Unintentional Absence

Post by Leopardmask Sat May 16, 2015 9:54 am

Huh, I haven't been getting any notifications on updates in this thread for like 2 weeks. I sorta forgot about the thread without my regular email notices, so I completely missed the badge round (not that I would have known what to do for it) and I don't think I'll have time to make a mega Eeveelution either since it's already Saturday. Bummer, I actually have a kind of idea of what I want to do, but I'm limited to only using my computer until noon and I'm not going to be able to complete something in only a few hours Sad
I'm gonna check my profile info and stuff, see if something got messed up.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sat May 16, 2015 5:33 pm

And now for something completely different!

Mega Espeon

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 JwFlFTq
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Brawler139 Sat May 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Welp, it looks like I'm going to be missing another week. Man, I was working on a Mega Flareon also, but I haven't had the time to work on it again this week. Oh well, I guess I'll work with this week's theme then.
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun May 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Judging now, yes yes.

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Mega_l11 theres also some overworlds on the left and right side of the picture
Interesting, but a slight bit plain. I get what you were trying to go for with the bit of face armor (and in general as Leafeon has a really great defense stat), but it needed a little more with slightly better execution. For one, the bits of armor don't really look like metal, since they don't really have a sheen (not enough contrast, and lacking a highlight shade.) Secondly, I'm not sure exactly what's up with the bits around the feet, but they don't really conform to the shape of the legs. Also, maybe a bit of armoring on the back would make the design feel a little more put together.
C+

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Mumbre13
Right away this is a bit too dark to be easy to look at and pick apart the outlines from normal viewing distance. I think you were trying to empathize the darkness of a new moon, bit it's just a few shades too dark. Otherwise, the design is just.. plain, and the most unique thing about it feels like it was lifted from Absol.
C-

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Umberon_mega_eveloution_by_jathavansiva-d8t48kw
I am not entirely sure what I'm looking at here (especially on the left, though I  guess I'm not judging that). Really though, this feels more like something out of Blue Dragon than Pokemon. I'd say it could be a cool embodiment of the Night Shade attack, but Umbreon doesn't even learn that. As far as the sprite itself, the red line on Umbreon lack a conforming curve to them in most places (like the tail and the head). The 'shadow' itself is very jagged feeling and just doesn't work well. It probably would have benefited from a lot less of the lighter purples to give more of a defined outline.. and the rings look out of place (and how does a shadow emit light?). I think to do this really right, something more detailed than pokemon style might also be needed here.
D

Zenox-rmp wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Pokymo11
Type: Dark/poison.
The poison typing is at least a neat idea considering Umbreon is supposed to be able to secrete a poison from its skin (too bad it doesn't even get Toxic by level up though..). Either way, out of all the Umbreons, this one looks the best put together. The poison element is there and visible, but there's also detail not tied to it so it doesn't take over the pokemon entirely. The cloud-like wisps are rather fitting, coomon to see around a moon in the night sky. They look fairly nicely done, with the shading implying the shape adequately. Only thing that really bothers me is that the little wispy parts end a bit bulgy instead of tapering off.
A-

nya2468 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 To_sho19
This one was not a bad effort either. I like how you did not just use the regular Umbreon sprite. For the most part this is good, but there a re a few things that just look a bit off. The ears have a bit of jaggedness in the lines that could be smoothed, and they're set a little to far down the head for Umbreon. Its nose is also just a rectangle- it's unnatural and somewhat detracts from its other features. For the most part I like the patterning, but the lines that are supposed to represent the separation of the toes should not have been colored like that. IT messes with their purpose and just doesn't look good. Also, the mark on the back foot could use a bit of softening by adding a few more pixels from one of the darker shades around it. Anatomically, the far back leg is too far forward and looks like it's attached to its ribcage rather than its hip. Overall it was a good effort, but a few key things need to be fixed.
C+

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Mega_j10
This is an edited pose, and I like that- it really helps sell that this Jolteon is more powerful than it was before. As far as what you did, I think it works pretty well, and it's obvious enough that that's electrical energy radiating off it. Replacing the mane for it is just proportionally enough change to make the mega different, but not too different. As much as I look, I can't really find any glaring flaws. Good job. (on the shiny you missed a blue pixel by the ear though, but I don't grade shinies).
A

LlamaMinister wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 O02e7m
This one is certainly interesting in that it actually looks like an ice type (something Glaceon didn't do very well, honestly). In order, the parts that were made to be ice actually look like ice (there's enough contrast to give an icy look). The head crest looks nice, but the ice on the tail doesn't blend well into the reso of the tail- maybe making the bottom pointer and three-pronged would have helped (so it would look like the end is surrounded in ice rather than just being inexplicably there). The ice coming off the back foor looks good, but the front could maybe be more pointy. The other thing that bothers me most about the sprite though is that the face is too rounded- the eevees are foxes and have at least a bit of snout to them, on that would be visable even as a slight indentation at this perspective. Also, I question your choice to shorter Glaceon's most defining feature- without the long appendages on its face, it's a little hard to distinguish from a frozen Leafeon.
B+

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Mega_jolteon_by_crimsonignis-d8teiy0
This one is an interesting case, in that for the most part you just ended up making it more spiky and inverting its colors. It's not bad by any means, but it just doesn't sell the idea of it being a mega- in fact the only way I could see it was if Jolteon got a new special attacking version of Pin Missile or something (since that was its semi-signature move, even though it never had the stat to use it). Technically speaking, I don't see anything really wrong with the sprite, except maybe the frontmost foot looking a bit odd. Anyway, good sprite, but not really quite a mega (and it might just be me, but the color swap almost makes it look like a normal type).
B

Pigmaniac wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 6pkbU3Q
This is a frame 2 sprite, but it's used to good effect here. The idea itself isn't bad here- Flareon's flame-like fur actually becoming fire does work, and the ashen look of the rest isn't too shabby either. The fire itself, in the tail at least, is almost too intense though, to the point where it looks pillow-shady. There are ways to fix this- I'd say look at Infernape's flames and try to break up the yellow into something a little more natural looking. Also, with such a strong fire, I would have given the highlights on the ashen fur a yellow-orange tint. Speaking of the ashen, there just is not enough contrast on between the shades on the main body, and it really starts to bring down your sprite. Overall this idea is good, it just needs a a few touch ups.
B-

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Mega_flareon_by_yria101-d8tjuj9
This idea, I just don't know if it's fitting for Flareon. In fact without the tail it'd almost be a better normal type eeveelution. It feels like you took too much of the unruliness out of Flareon, really. Parts of this I could maybe get behind- The black feet aren't bad, but for some reason you didn't color the toe outlines- as said before, you cant just make those whatever color you want without ruining their purpose. Also, the back foot looks a bit to flat (not in shading, I mean it looks like someone ran over it). The scarf pat and hair part are fine, but the tail looks paper thin- like it has a fancy fan attached to its lower back instead of a tail. I think most of that has to do with how its shaded, but some certainly has to do with the shape of the lines and that none come down into the tail past where they meet.
C

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 JwFlFTq
This one's a little simple in appearance, but I like the elegance of it. The only thing is, if you're going to do something that's simple in effect, you should have at least done a more original pose. I like the extension of the head jewel into a sort of tiara, though the white pixel on the middle gem is a bit too much. The entwined tail is cool too. The main problem I have is, ironically, with what you actually did change with the pose- more specifically, the front-rear leg. Espeon is not a deer or horse-like pokemon, but you gave it the elbow joint of one. Both cat and fox leg joints don't work that way, and the only way it could is if you broke it horrifically (basically, they can't bend forward like that, only backwards). Your silken veils look nice though- I get a bit of s fairy vibe off them however (not sure if that was intentional).
C

1st; futurecreateor
2nd; Zenox-rmp
3rd; LlamaMinister

Next Round- Create a pokemon-related sprite completely from scratch
End Date- 5/23

• (You guys requested it, so here you go)
  • Basically you can make whatever you want (pokemon, trainer, etc), but it must be entirely scratch. I don;t care if you do already existing Pokemon not from gen VI, but you must not use parts from this sprites either.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Sun May 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Yay, a reason to finish the jellybean Pokemon that an admin of a Pokemon FB page was talking about, within a week!
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon May 18, 2015 2:23 pm

My entry is based on a trainer sprite, its a mugshot(the trainer sprite is not scratched). This is team nebula admin Quark.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Nebula14
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon May 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 LFXXrBm
Welp...I made Armored Mewtwo...I think I broke my brain whilst making this.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Tue May 19, 2015 9:59 am

LlamaMinister wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 LFXXrBm
Welp...I made Armored Mewtwo...I think I broke my brain whilst making this.

Aw, man, that's what I was gonna do! Well, mine is a different pose and stuff, so I guess I still could do mine.
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInkwell Wed May 20, 2015 8:33 am

What are your feelings on back sprites for pokemon (as in, the ones you see when you send your own into battle)? The idea I have would work far better as one.
MisterInkwell
MisterInkwell
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed May 20, 2015 1:01 pm

MisterInkwell wrote:What are your feelings on back sprites for pokemon (as in, the ones you see when you send your own into battle)? The idea I have would work far better as one.

That is perfectly fine.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Wed May 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Do revamps/devamps count for this round?
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed May 20, 2015 9:38 pm

VerysBlade wrote:Do revamps/devamps count for this round?

Well, straight revamps and devamps aren't really scratch, unless you are just going to make fully new sprite (at which point you're just making a scratch sprite in whatever generation's style).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Thu May 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Rayqua10
Guess Who's and not ready for it? Yes, BetaX is back! I got my computer back and I have my stuff and My head hurts man, I was dizzy for the past 3 days... I couldn't even go to school with this headache. So i'm sorta still on a hiatus. But I can still sprites and it'll be great!
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Empty Scratch mega lucario

Post by Karasugaming Thu May 21, 2015 11:09 pm

(many of you have probably seen this from past forums) but im entering a old scratch sprite i made mega lucario enjoy :I
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 16 Freest10

This was one of my greatest accomplishments in 2014 and i cried because of how good it looked ;-;
i hope you guys enjoy one of my greatest creations from 2014
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Fri May 22, 2015 3:41 pm

Nooo God dammit I had finally finished my custom Pokemon scratch sprite but it got deleted
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next