Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Zenox-rmp Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:53 pm

[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Pokemo21[/img]

Gallade
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Kitten Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:54 pm

I did Sylveon

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 NojRieF
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Empty Garchomp Gijinka

Post by BetaX Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Garcho10
Again, ignore the Garchomp sprites. All of them are made from scratch... GO KITTIE YOU'RE GOING TO WIN THIS!!!
If you guys want to see more of my drawing other than pixel art, go to deviantart and type BetaX64. That's how I got that Gijinka of Garchomp from.
I procrastinated again because my elder brother tried to download a hack program but instead, a bunch of junk program that it'll never go away, despite trying to uninstalled them it'll never go away. I won't be spriting for a while but I'll be online today.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:49 pm

Cutting it close Beta
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:58 pm

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Cutting it close Beta
Blame it on my elder brother MagicKid. He the one who download a hack program but instead a junk program that my dad is going to best buy to fix it. Well, he doesn't know English so um... Sinko BetaX is VERY VERY INTENSUUU~!!!
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:39 am

Judging time again. This should be fun (ahh so many ><)

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Glaceon_by_crimsonignis-d8ph7i6
This is not a bad job. Though it's in the same pose as the original, it's not easy to tell who it was, at the least. It's mostly good, and I like how you incorporated the Glaceon, though there's a few minor things that hold it back. For one, though outline of the scarf should be a bit darker so it stands out more (the shadow color here is a bit too light to use as an outline). Also, the lower legs that you adapted from the looser pants are a bit odd, and have too much double pixelization.
B

AllistorTheGreat wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Human_mega_gardevoir__i_guess__by_p1x3l2-d8pgo0l
Hm, this is an interesting sprite, though it should probably be flipped to face the other direction- if this was in a game it'd be facing away from the player instead of towards. Anyway, the scratch on this is pretty good, but the shading is somewhat flat, and the shading on the chest just doesn't work at all. I recommend using your middle grey for a lot more. This shading may mimic gen 6's lighting engine, but it does not work for pokemon sprites.
B-

Kiriyawave wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Lucario%20Gijinka_zps0lfnwcu8
This is an interesting but strange to explain sprite. I can tell who this sprite is based off of, so I'm wondering if that had something to do with one problem in particular. Those hands are definitely too small, especially for that upper arm mass.  Also, the boots that you adapted look more like a continuation of the pants, because they don't transition in thickness, nor curve around the leg's shape. The vest is pretty ok, and I know the parts were there already. The head, I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a helmet, but if so, I could believe it, and it's not overly shabby.
B-

Pigmaniac wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 IsuzY5P
This isn't bad.. but it's Cynthia. It's not disguised very well. There's more you could have done to make it true to Meloetta, such as changing the coat, and making the hair thinner and wavier. I'm also not sure what the teal crescent is for.
C-

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Raikou_gjinka_by_brawler139-d8pno72
This is also just Volkner. I'd give you points for the mask idea, but I'd have to take them away again, because the mask is fairly messed up (possibly from taking it from an animation frame), and needs to be cleaned up. Also, the highlight on the pants is too bright, and if you were trying to match the tail color, a custom palette probably would have worked better. The stripes on the jacket aren't bad, though the black cuff on his near sleeve should curve.
C-

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Swampert_gijinka_by_jathavansiva-d8pthkh
This sprite has a differnt set of faults. For one, her near arm is messed up in multiple ways- it doesn't bend correctly, and it looks like she dislocated her shoulder. Also, the fingers on both hands are odd, though more so on the near arm again. The far arm isn't as bad, but it doesn't look like it connects to the body. Also glaring is the face area, with the neck missing pixels, and the face-gills needing an outline as well. Also, the goggle strap should angle down steeper. The rest of the sprite is mostly alright, but the other flaws are too noticeable to be let go.
D+

Hessehl wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Milotic_human_by_hessehl-d8puv7a
For completely from scratch, it's pretty good. The hair is really nice, and the representation of the horn-like part is clever. What mostly bothers me is the skirt, which on top of being a bit of a weird perspective, makes her look disproportionately short. Also, something a bit more tight-fitting or basically form-fitting would be more accurate to Milotic's sleek design.
B

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 0410
This looks more like an anthropomorphized version of Grovyle than a gijinka (which is weird because Grovyle already is kinda that way.) Basically though, this doesn't look like it has any aspect of human to be dressing up as the pokemon. Also, the shading isn't very good, and there's some stray and missing pixels here and there. Where the legs lead to the waist also has an anatomically incorrect shape, and the whole sprite feels rushed. Sorry.
D

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Hoopa10
This is also whatever-his-name-was. Regardless, not enough has been done to fully separate from the base sprite. I do like how you tried to incorporate the rings, and made the one on the chest a necklace. However, the one around the waist is a bit thick, and certain parts of this sprite feel messy. Like the hair, with the ponytail starting almost in his head, and the beard needing a slight tweak to perspective, I feel like if some things would have been pair better attention to, this could have looked a bit better.
B-

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Gijink10
I can also tell that this base trainer was not altered much. I /think/ the bun is new, but two smaller swirl buns like that would have gone further towards accuracy. Also, just using the color of the shell isn't really good enough. Maybe giving her some small shoulder pads with one or two bumps on it even would have been enough to bring the shell into the design. Ultimately, a lot more needed to be done.
D

RandomUncertainty wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Gc73lqS
I know this trainer too. Though its minimal, I can see where you made changes to the attire. While I like the adaptation for the stomach diamond, I think the black marks could have been a bit larger. Also, the shoulders could have used maybe a few small spikes. You slimmed the legs down, though I think some kind of bulky padding would have been better for the sake of accuracy.
C

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Gijinka_froslass_by_yria101-d8q18v4
At a first glance I really like how this looks; that is to say, it's visually appealing. For the most part, this is quite nice, and I can see a lot was done to change it. There are, though, a few flaws that should be addressed. First off, her hands coming to a point is kind of bad, and the hards are just a little small in general. Second, he foot and leading up to her ankle is a bit too sharp of a transition- it should be more gradual, and the top of her toes should be highlighted to better show the shape and angle. Lastly, the front of the skirt has a weird open fringe, something Froslass does not have, and just doesn't look right regardless.
B+

Zenox-rmp wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Pokemo21
Not bad. Once again I'm assuming that's a helmet of some kind. I'm pretty sure this is similar to the bad sprite too, but some changes were made. Something not good though, is that the shade of grey outline you used looks too light compared to the black outline it's mixed with, which is a bit jarring. Also, the black outline is on the wrong side of the elbow blade. Green gloves and some lines coming from the pants cuffs would have been nice touches too.
B

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 NojRieF
Took me a minute, but I know this base sprite too. For what you started with, this is a really good final product. The edits you made also means you had to do some reshading even of the base. As it is, you did a good job on the hair, and the detail of the bow and ribbons. The whole outfit is nice too, and I find it had to really find much fault with this. If anything, the black on the foreleg around the knee is a bit much considering it is mostly absent is such large quantities in the sprite elsewhere.
A

BetaX64 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Garcho10
Beta, you're lucky I'm quite the slacker too (also sorry about your computer- tell me exactly whats wrong, I might be able to help). Anyway, this is a pretty good sprite too. It has the same level of complexity, though, your lack of utilization of a highlight shade starts to work against you. You have so many details, in fact, that with just the two shades you used, it becomes a bit hard to sort all the details involving the hair and arm overlap from a distance. Also, the legs are set a little wide apart, especially for the pose. Otherwise, this design is very creative.[/quote]
A-

1st; KittenCutie1
2nd; BetaX64
3rd; Yria/Mara LB

Next Round- Sprite a Kalos Pokemon
End Date- 4/25
  • You can base your sprite off official concept art, or make up your own pose
  • This round does not include megas.
  • And by Kalos I mean Pokemon new as of gen 6, not Pokemon in the Kalos dex.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:55 am

Dragon Arbock wrote:
This is not a bad job. Though it's in the same pose as the original, it's not easy to tell who it was, at the least. It's mostly good, and I like how you incorporated the Glaceon, though there's a few minor things that hold it back. For one, though outline of the scarf should be a bit darker so it stands out more (the shadow color here is a bit too light to use as an outline). Also, the lower legs that you adapted from the looser pants are a bit odd, and have too much double pixelization.

You said "too much double pixelization" but I only see one accidental case of double pixelization. I think the parts your seeing as double pixelization are just two black outlines next two each other.
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:58 am

It is double pixelization. The area where the boots meet with the legs could have been handled better, and I was actually more talking about the grey.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:01 am

Well theres no arguing with the judge. So i guess I'll leave it like that and try to do better this round.
Also the gray part is just a shadow made by "warping" the sprite
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:10 am

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Well theres no arguing with the judge. So i guess I'll leave it like that and try to do better this round.
Also the gray part is just a shadow made by "warping" the sprite

Sorry, I just have to be as objective as possible when judging. If I picked just on favorites, the results would certainly be different.
I do hate sounding like I'm nitpicking the sprite to death, but it is just the little things that separate the best of these. Keep trying and good luck in the future.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:02 am

B=8 in Europe, right?
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:57 am

Zenox-rmp wrote:B=8 in Europe, right?

Yes it is Zeno Razz
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:22 am

FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:22 pm

futurecreateor wrote:Ok here is my entry - Yveltal.

http://futurecreateor.deviantart.com/art/Yveltal-498828021
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Yvelta10
that looks suspiciously similar to some yveltal sprites on google images... Suspect
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:38 pm

VerysBlade wrote:
that looks suspiciously similar to some yveltal sprites on google images... Suspect
Not really. Do a side-by-side.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Empty Whoops

Post by verys Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Oh, sorry. I didn't look good enough.
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:20 am

Well its up on google images because its on deviantart, if it's similar check the link
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Empty sorry!

Post by verys Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:04 pm

futurecreateor wrote:Well its up on google images because its on deviantart, if it's similar check the link
yeah youre right sorry
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:38 pm

AllistorTheGreat wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Kalos_pokemon_slurpuff_by_p1x3l2-d8qmmw3
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Empty No time :(

Post by Leopardmask Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Hmm, well, I'd love to participate this week but it's Wednesday evening and I haven't even started and this isn't gonna be an easy one for me... plus school projects are taking a lot of my time right now. Bummer. Maybe next week.
The other entries I've seen so far look cool though!
BTW, I would've done Dedenne. If anyone is stuck on which Pokemon to do :)
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriyawave Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Here's one I did from scratch. It's Hoopa :3

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Hoopa2b_zpsjkiagnnh

Last edited by Kiriyawave on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kiriyawave
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:59 pm

Kiriyawave wrote:Here's one I did from scratch. It's Hoopa :3

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Hoopa2_zpsv8zw3ndj

It's kind of large for a Pokemon sprite. I'd recommend scaling it down.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriyawave Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:59 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
Kiriyawave wrote:Here's one I did from scratch. It's Hoopa :3

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Hoopa2b_zpsjkiagnnh

It's kind of large for a Pokemon sprite. I'd recommend scaling it down.

Just did that :3

Kiriyawave
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Empty Quilladin

Post by verys Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:11 pm

I did a random number generator cuz I couldn't think of a poke to do Laughing Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Quilla10
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:29 am

Heres Tyrantrum

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 13 Tyrantrum_by_crimsonignis-d8qydc6
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next