Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:51 pm

Alright, sorry fr the lateness everyone- family all came over yesterday and I was forced to mingle (hence why I posted the next round in the thread before this judging).

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Darkrai_by_crimsonignis-d8nqqd6
Very nice and fairly accurate to how black-colored pokemon were shaded in gen 2. Like Umbreon, for example, they were not afraid to use large amounts of black for the shadow color. Using the dither red to shade the white looks good as well. Overall, I can't really find any glaring flaws. Good job.
A

Leopardmask wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 10ru3k2
Not sure why you made this a bit smaller than it needed to be, but I guess that's alright. Overall it's not bad, but its right front paw is a bit odd, perspective wise, and all the claws could have used some highlight. Also might not have been bad to use a lighter shade of grey, so it would work better for shading the white as well.
B-

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Mimejr12
Interesting.. it almost looks more like the project of scratch, but that doesn't make it bad. My only real problem is with the shading. The white on the forehead should be dithered to make a smoother transition, and I'd redo the shading on the hat-thing to make it fit the shape more.
B

Hessehl wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Haxorus_by_hessehl-d8obe8j
This is a good resize job, and it's a shame too.. because while you used 4 colors, you didn't use a white. ..this is a sticky situation, because technically you didn't break any limits of the hardware that I'm aware of, but you broke the established sprite rules for gen 2- I tried to find an exception, I really did, but it doesn't look like there is one. That's not to say, that with some reshading, this couldn't be altered to fit in line with it. I tried messing with it to see if removing the grey would work, but it might be better to cut the red, since that's not important to the shading- and lots of gen two pokemon are missing colors, so this is fine.
B+ (I don't think your grade deserves to be too hurt, considering what you did is hardware-legal.. just not in line with the style).

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Flygon_devamp_by_brawler139-d8oe4jo
Okay, I know that's not Flygon's gen 5 sprite (it's the gen 4), but I'll disregard that since it still needed to be resized. The biggest issues I find have to do with the anatomy of the near leg, and the hands. When I did a gen 2 Flygon sprite, I didn't shrink the hands- the reason some sprites get away with having the 'wonky' proportions, is that some things just didn't work if made any smaller. Also, the shading should be fixed up- as it is it doesn't make much sense. Good attempt though.
C

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Hsow5Se
This is a very nice job as well. The resize work is good, and you adequately substituted in for colors to work around the color limit. The shading is good, and I can find very little bad to say about this. Maybe just should have added an extra pixel on the near head-fluff to make it look more like two separate fluffy spikes, but that's just a nitpick.
A

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Devampie_by_yria101-d8o9ahg
Gah, Yria stop linking to your DA I just about missed yours! (sorry, but an images stands out a lot more against all the posts than a link does). Anyway, you did a good job with the resizing. What I'm wondering about though is that you probably should have tried to incorporate the yellow- it looks like you planned to at one point. The issue I have with the 2 greens is that is makes it look monochrome, which is more of a gen 1 thing. Overall, not too bad though.
B+

futurecreateor wrote:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Arceus10
(Okay I really need to get the miscellaneous discussion out of the thread- it makes it hard for me to find things, sorry). Anyway, the resizing job here is good, I don't really have any complaints with that. What I don't like though, is how you decided to do the yellow apparatus that hangs off its body- It would have been better done with a dark outlining, and just being colored in with the yellow. As it is now, the checkerboarding just works against it and gives it a cluttered look. Otherwise, I like what you did with the rest of the sprite.
B

Kiriyawave wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Gastrodon%20Devamp_zpskyw8njus
You did not pick a sprite that you would have needed to resize like I had specified, so for that I have no choice but to disqualify it. Regardless, the sprite is very flat, and uses more than 2 colors.

1st; CrimsonIgnis, KittenCutie1
2nd; Hessehl, Yria/Mara LB
3rd; VerysBlade, futurecreateor

Next Round- Create an evolution for a pokemon that does not have one
End Date- 4/11

• No evolutions for legendaries, and no pre evolutions.
  • No evolutions for pokemon that already have evolved twice (like Charizard).
  • This is not a round to create a mega evolution either.

Last edited by Dragon Arbock on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by FutureCreator Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Where is my sprite? Arceus?
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:05 pm

futurecreateor wrote:Where is my sprite? Arceus?

Sorry, I missed yours- it's the only sprite on that page -_-;
I'll fix it.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
futurecreateor wrote:Where is my sprite? Arceus?

Sorry, I missed yours- it's the only sprite on that page -_-;
I'll fix it.
No prob Rolling Eyes
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:11 pm

I was wondering can we do like fusion evolutions, because I have an idea of an evolution of solrock and lunatone that is a solar eclipse.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Devampie_by_yria101-d8o9ahg
Gah, Yria stop linking to your DA I just about missed yours! (sorry, but an images stands out a lot more against all the posts than a link does). Anyway, you did a good job with the resizing. What I'm wondering about though is that you probably should have tried to incorporate the yellow- it looks like you planned to at one point. The issue I have with the 2 greens is that is makes it look monochrome, which is more of a gen 1 thing. Overall, not too bad though.
B+

I will do the picture it another way the next time, just need to find out how...
And yes I planned to do the yellow but I didnt know what to do with the light green then.
Probally had used yellow yo shade that.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:31 pm

To post an image, right-click on your image on deviantart and select 'copy image location', then paste the copied information between the image tags like so;
Code:
[img]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/317/7/f/kyle_larson_s_target_42_car_sprite_by_gothica_the_eevee-d86ckn0.png[/img]
Which gives you this;
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Kyle_larson_s_target_42_car_sprite_by_gothica_the_eevee-d86ckn0
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Thank you il'l do that next time Very Happy
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriyawave Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:15 pm

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Hsow5Se
This is a very nice job as well. The resize work is good, and you adequately substituted in for colors to work around the color limit. The shading is good, and I can find very little bad to say about this. Maybe just should have added an extra pixel on the near head-fluff to make it look more like two separate fluffy spikes, but that's just a nitpick. wrote:
A

Kiriyawave wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Gastrodon%20Devamp_zpskyw8njus
You did not pick a sprite that you would have needed to resize like I had specified, so for that I have no choice but to disqualify it. Regardless, the sprite is very flat, and uses more than 2 colors. wrote:

I hate to sound like an ungrateful person but I take issue with your critique on my entry.

1) "the sprite is very flat" It's a 2nd generation sprite ._. , most of those sprites were pretty flat back in G/S/C

2)"uses more than 2 colors" Here's my issue with this critique. Based on your wording, you take issue with this because it uses more than 2 colors, yet as shown above, KittenCutie1 also used more than 2 colors in the sprite and yet you gave this person an A. I'm not saying that this user doesn't deserve the A, I'm just saying that it's kinda conflicting when you have an issue with using more than 2 colors and yet you don't bring it up with the sprites that use more than 2 colors but still give a B or above.

Kiriyawave
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Kiriyawave wrote:2)"uses more than 2 colors" Here's my issue with this critique. Based on your wording, you take issue with this because it uses more than 2 colors, yet as shown above, KittenCutie1 also used more than 2 colors in the sprite and yet you gave this person an A. I'm not saying that this user doesn't deserve the A, I'm just saying that it's kinda conflicting when you have an issue with using more than 2 colors and yet you don't bring it up with the sprites that use more than 2 colors but still give a B or above.

Theirs uses 2 colors (yellow and blue), and black and white (a total palette of 4). Yours uses 3 colors (blue, dark yellow, and green), and black and white (A total of 5- not an option for the hardware, and not in line with the style of gen two sprites).

And no, you could have done a better job shading- it's called dither, and it's used to create the illusion of having more colors.

Also, I DQ'd you for ignoring that I said to pick a sprite you had to resize- that was half of the challenge.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:17 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Heliol12
Ignore the Heliolisk Sprites. It's just an example of it.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Marowak_evoulution_by_jathavansiva-d8oy3n9

Pokedex entry 1: Excollarbreeze is the mother/father of cubone and often lives in intense hunting due to this they are often hunted to extinction and as such it it has over time grown a heart of ice which melt to almost none but their kin, as such in fear of death it breaks of a part of it skull and attaches it to the egg giving cubone the memories of its parents, to one day grow a heart of ice similar to their own.

Pokedex entry 2: Living in the brutal wilds Excollarbreeze has adapted its bone clubs into dual swords developing ice powers and powerful armours being a close species every child born is giving a bone club must be used for life and carry on the parents legacy with their hearts slowly turning into ice and therefore is hard to befriend.

Pokedex Anime entry: Excollarbreeze, The Tribal Wolf Pokemon, Being almost hunted to extinction this Pokemon is distrustful to pokemon and only shares love to their kin.

Type: Ground/Ice
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Yay this is my entry! It's called Beagasso.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Smearg10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:53 pm

futurecreateor wrote:Yay this is my entry! It's called Beagasso.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Smearg10
I think an a good ability for this pokemon is that it can use thinner so even after using sketch you can reset it so you can use it again and that the green brush is filled with thinner.
(just a suggestion)
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Heres my submission

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Dunsparce_by_crimsonignis-d8p3a7z
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Empty Holy

Post by verys Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:10 pm

BetaX64 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Heliol12
Dang youre too good Beta!
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:13 am

VerysBlade wrote:
BetaX64 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Heliol12
Dang youre too good Beta!
Thanks!
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:23 am

Maractus's evolution and yes I know its the worst thing ever Razz.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Maractus-Evolution-idk-525992595

AARG I cant get the image right uhhm... maybe like this?

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Maractus_evolution_by_yria101-d8p5uhf
And it worked Very Happy

Link to the deviant arts if u want it for any reason.
http://yria101.deviantart.com/art/Maractus-Evolution-idk-525992595

Last edited by Yria/Mara LB on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the link...)
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:13 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Maractus_evolution_by_yria101-d8p5uhf
And it worked Very Happy

http://yria101.deviantart.com/art/Maractus-Evolution-idk-525992595[/quote]

I think it would be really cool if it was actually a pre-evolution as the flowers aren't in bloom but it would be much smaller
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:10 pm

Jathavan wrote:

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Maractus_evolution_by_yria101-d8p5uhf
And it worked Very Happy

I think it would be really cool if it was actually a pre-evolution as the flowers aren't in bloom but it would be much smaller

Actually, I kinda see them as cactus fruit, if you've ever seen them;
https://www.google.com/search?q=cactus+fruit&biw=954&bih=682&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=eAsoVczYDMSeNoGmg-AJ&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
Not saying that was their intent, but cool nonetheless.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
Jathavan wrote:

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Maractus_evolution_by_yria101-d8p5uhf
And it worked Very Happy

Actually, I kinda see them as cactus fruit, if you've ever seen them;
https://www.google.com/search?q=cactus+fruit&biw=954&bih=682&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=eAsoVczYDMSeNoGmg-AJ&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
Not saying that was their intent, but cool nonetheless.

It is cactus fruit Razz. But I made it look like the flowers are closed just to add some detail.
If it was a pre evolution the flowers wouldn even be there if u look on the logic side.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Empty Draaceon

Post by verys Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Here's a dragon type evolution of Eevee: Draaceon. You evolve Eevee by leveling it up to level 20+ with another dragon type in your party. Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Draace12

Last edited by VerysBlade on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to fix the size. Sorry DragonArbok!)
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:21 pm

VerysBlade wrote:Here's a dragon type evolution of Eevee: Draaceon. You evolve Eevee by leveling it up to level 20+ with another dragon type in your party. I upscaled for size reasons.     Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Draace11

I suggest that you take this down and post the non-upscaled version. This will be the last time I give you a chance to fix this.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Create an evolution for a pokemon, 4/11]

Post by Brawler139 Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Here is an evolution to Swalot.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Swalot_evolution_by_brawler139-d8pbhqr
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
VerysBlade wrote:Here's a dragon type evolution of Eevee: Draaceon. You evolve Eevee by leveling it up to level 20+ with another dragon type in your party. I upscaled for size reasons.     Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 11 Draace11

I suggest that you take this down and post the non-upscaled version. This will be the last time I give you a chance to fix this.
I fixed It! Sorry Man!
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next