Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Empty there very good

Post by Karasugaming Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:37 pm

Verys Blade they are very good but your only allowed to have 1 entry so your going to have to pick one of your excellent designs and decide which one is your only entry
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by BetaX Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Suicun10
To Be Honest, This is My First Sprite Revamped of Any Pokemon. And I Suck at it...
Notice I've seen Most people who did the revamped, They didn't enlarge a little to their proper size as the DS Sprites. Neutral
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Empty don't put yourself down

Post by Karasugaming Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:15 pm

BetaX the Suicune revamp is amazing don't put yourself down by saying its not great. for a first attempt at Revamping Gen2 Sprites its really good so don't put yourself down i hate to see fellow spriters put themselves down for the work they have done.
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Karasugaming Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:15 pm

futurecreateor wrote:This is my third round entry - Weavile.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Weavil12
I used the Gold and Silver sprite so it has a different colour pallet. If it doesn't count here is a regular colour pallet, but if the first one is okay it will be my entry.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Weavil13

Ummmm isn't that sneasel not weavile?
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:33 am

BetaX64 wrote: Notice I've seen Most people who did the revamped, They didn't enlarge a little to their proper size as the DS Sprites. Neutral
That just because most of us do basic revamps instead of resize revamps. As the type wasn't specified, it won't matter, or it shouldn't at least. Wink
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:22 am

LlamaMinister wrote:
BetaX64 wrote: Notice I've seen Most people who did the revamped, They didn't enlarge a little to their proper size as the DS Sprites. Neutral
That just because most of us do basic revamps instead of resize revamps. As the type wasn't specified, it won't matter, or it shouldn't at least. Wink
just saying. Very Happy It also doesn't mean that I hated it, in fact, I Love all of the revamps that you guys made. And you're right it doesn't really matter at least. All you guys did these sprites in this contest showing that you guys have effort into it. So good job guys and I bet some of you guy's sprite maybe better than mine someday in this round or the next. I Should Shut Up Now.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:33 am

BetaX64 wrote:I Should Shut Up Now.
Nah its fine Razz.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:29 am

I didn't mean for it to sound like you hated them, just wanted to say the different types is all. tongue
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:19 am

13gamer2000 wrote:
futurecreateor wrote:This is my third round entry - Weavile.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Weavil12
I used the Gold and Silver sprite so it has a different colour pallet. If it doesn't count here is a regular colour pallet, but if the first one is okay it will be my entry.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Weavil13

Ummmm isn't that sneasel not weavile?
Yeah my bad tongue
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:23 am

LlamaMinister wrote:
Some of the sprites match the size of their DS counterparts. Not the larger pokémon tho.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [2nd gen revamp, 3/14]

Post by Brawler139 Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:13 pm

Here is Snorlax from Silver version.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Snorlax_recolor_by_brawler139-d8logxx
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:06 am

Alright, judging time more on time this time (well that sentence got out of hand..)
Anyhow-

LlamaMinister wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 4q20jl
Not a bad job at a revamp, but there are a few 'corrections' you made that bother me. Now, I'm all for completely redoing the shading, as sometimes the sprites really need it, but your changes do little more than confuse the light source, as its body now looks like it's being lit from the side, which does not match the head. The original's angle here would have been fine with little modification. Secondly, I want to address the fire. I understand fire can be a tricky thing to work with. What you did here does not look natural. I suggest to google pictures of real fire to see what I mean. Also it seems like you tried to make it trail the length of the neck, and while this may seem odd, Rapidash's flames don't act like a real horse's mane in that sense.
C

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 249_co10
First things first, that entire outline is black. With Lugia primarily being white, you definitely needed some color outline in there. I'm confused because I see one or two spots where you actually did this near the wing fingers, but nowhere else. Also, Lugia if a fairly large pokemon that could have benefited from being resized, and with that had some corrections made to its anatomy that 2nd gen just didn't have the space for (like larger/longer wings). This sprite could have also used another shade, knocking the white up to the highlight color, and the current shadow color should be the base color (it's usually not a good idea to use pure white as a base color anyway).
D

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Blastoise_by_crimsonignis-d8kzk3s
This is another sprite that it might have been nice to see resized, but at least this one doesn't suffer from the need of anatomy corrections to fit in with newer sprites. This actually looks fairly nice, but I feel like a few of the highlights on the shell should have been corrected from their original positions. The shadows you added are mostly good though. There's maybe one or two spots were it doesn't feel like it contours naturally (like on the back leg), but it's not extremely noticeable.
B+

Hessehl wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Latest?cb=20100411194355&format=webpSilver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Ho_oh_revamp_by_hessehl-d8kzoo8
Yes, I was waiting for someone to figure it out without me having to tell them. This is the kind of effort that truly makes a revamp rather than a glorified recolor. Knowing when to rescale and to make intuitive corrections can make all the difference. As far as the sprite stands, this is quite nice, and the blocky feathers technically make it more accurate than the B/W sprites. Only real complaint I could find is that the orange highlight on the neck and chest is really out of place, in in a slightly darker shade, maybe, would have been better used on the wings.
A

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Weavil12
That's a-ok, I for one like the g/s coloring. Looking at this sprite though, the first thing I really notice is that the shades you picked don't really have enough contrast between them. As for the shading, the one arm shouldn't really be completely shadowed, and while you have a highlight color, it's hardly used, and not really in the right places. On another note, though, you didn't do too bad for revamping a sprite with a large amount of black.
C

ThatBritishYoshi wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 FrZWoFt
(Oh frick I click view image and almost had to retype everything- if that ever happens I'll probably just throw grades without reexplaining, bleh), Anyhow, your sprite. I hate to say it, but it's not really that good. Your shadows are very blocky and don't conform to the shape of the body at all.  Also, with having only two shades, this feels much more like a straight recolor than a revamp with the proper depth of colors. Oh, and the black parts on the skull should maybe be a dark brown with black outline, because as is it just doesn't look right. Sorry.
D

Kiriyawave wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Miltank%20Revamp_zpscppwy8cg
Well I'm not Jem, so no points for bribery ;p Moving on, another case of not bad but not great either. Milktank is one of those that sorta lacked a shadow color probably due to color limits or something along those lines. I can't really fault it too much for this, but the brighter pink could probably take up a bit more area to make up for it. Technically speaking, you didn't do too bad of a job, but there's an area on the near arm where you tried to remove some double pixelation, but it doesn't look good as a result. Using colored outline would have been better than removing it altogether. You also messed up the triangle shaped mark on its head.
C+

Leopardmask wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 29nhuu8
Ah yes, this sprite was resized too. I'd say good on you, but this one probably didn't need it ('a' for effort though). Most of this sprite looks really good, with the exception of the arms. The one on the ground should be less bent and more flat, so it looks like it's laying with the arm spread out, rather then laying awkwardly on it. The arm in the air, I just feel it should be more narrow towards the tip. You maybe could have used the highlight on a few more places too.
B

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Giovani_and_lance_by_jathavansiva-d8l71p5
You only get one so I'm taking the first one. Now, I have a feeling you already had these made for who knows how long, and I think you might have benefited from just making a new sprite, because, frankly, this isn't really good.I appreciate what you tried to do, but the whole torso is facing the wrong direction, and so are the arms. The cape you made is very rough and incorrectly shaded, and the body has just about no shading. I don't mean to be harsh- i can tell you tried, and it doesn't even look like you used parts from the newer Lance sprites, it's just this sprite needs more work and looks like it was rushed beyond reason.
D-

DracaufeuX wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 2iw155u
Aw it's pudgy Pika. While I'd say to modernize it, I guess with Pikachu it's just a matter of preference. Anyhow, I can tell you tried to redo the shading, but the trouble is you didn't do the best job of it. The highlight is really, really underutilized. Also, the shadow under the chin comes down a little far, and the shadow on the stomach is a bit bizarre. The shadow on the leg should also probably continue up the back as well. Overall, not bad, but it could use some corrections.
C

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Revampiaspritiacontestia_by_yria101-d8lf5zg
This is actually a nice update to this sprite, and you ever resized it some. However, there are a few things that hold it back. While you updated the face quite nicely, the hooves didn't translate so well. They should be larger. Also, the legs aren't very accurate to modern Girafaraig- they should have a bulging elbow joint. Overall I also feel the sprite could have used more shading along the back ridges, and the highlight on the stem of the tail looks poor.
B

Pigmaniac wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 8kKnzVA
Aw, cute. Right.. I can tell that you changed the shape of the head to fit more with the newer sprites, however you inadvertently removed his other eye. Something about thta just doesn't look quite right. Also, you almost misused the colored outline- you have too much in some places, and not enough in others, so that the black outlining actually looks jarring, if that makes sense. Also, the bottom jaw needs some outlining- that was missed entirely. also, the tail flame is also technically inaccurate to fire- yellow ought to be closer to the center, and could use more red or even an orange in there.
C

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Pidgeo11
Not bad, but seeing it next to the more modern sprite really makes me wish you modified it to be a tad taller. Anyhow, your biggest fault is you for the most part used the exact shading of the old sprite, so this is really just, point for point, a recolor. Also, the whole outline is black. Again, this is a no. I'm sorry, but this sprite needs its shading redone, and segments of colored outlines added in before I can consider it a revamp.
D

BetaX64 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Suicun10
Eh, you're too hard on yourself, Beta, this is pretty good. You've already got points for resizing the sprite, so if nothing else, there's that. For the most part, I like what you did- added colored outline, changed some of the shading. You even moved the back foot. While I'm not in love with where you put it, it's still better than where it was before. However, there are some things I don't like. There could have been more shadows further down the length of the back, and maybe some on the back leg. The areas of double black in the center of the crystal ought to have been removed. Also, the shading and the shape of Suicune's purple cloud(?) on its back could should have been altered some to be closed to more modern standards. Oh, and the ribbons don't flow like ribbons.
A-

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Snorlax_recolor_by_brawler139-d8logxx
I'm sorry, but this sprite also suffers from 'little more than a recolor' syndrome. You did not change the shading, and you did not resize it. Perhaps more glaring, you mixed up the base and shadow color on the head and hands. This sprite needs a lot of altering before it is really to be considered a revamp.
D-

1st; Hessehl
2nd; BetaX64
3rd; CrimsonIgnis

Next Round- Create a fakemon for a type combination that does not yet exist.
End Date- 3/21
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Create a fakemon for nonexistant type combo, 3/21]

Post by Brawler139 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:47 am

Welp, this is what I get for not watching your tutorial video. :/ I didn't even think about resizing it to match the modern day sprites, and I didn't have enough time to redo it since I was so busy with work this week. (I'm so glad that I'm on spring break now.) After digging through all the type combinations, there's a lot of weird type combinations left like Bug-Dragon, so this will be interesting.
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:56 am

Brawler139 wrote:Welp, this is what I get for not watching your tutorial video. :/ I didn't even think about resizing it to match the modern day sprites, and I didn't have enough time to redo it since I was so busy with work this week. (I'm so glad that I'm on spring break now.) After digging through all the type combinations, there's a lot of weird type combinations left like Water-Fire and Bug-Dragon, so this will be interesting.

Haha, that's alright, I'm sure I'm boring to watch anyway.
I get if you're busy and spriting isn't your primary time sink. Although, if you plan to enter, I suggest sparing at least a bit of time. Have fun with your break, though. (My friend's break is already over. Hope yours lasts longer).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Create a fakemon for nonexistant type combo, 3/21]

Post by Brawler139 Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:09 am

I find your videos interesting and informative. I did watch the image-to-sprite video and scratch sprite video and it's a neat process watching everything unfold as you watch the process and transformation of making or remaking something from another source or entirely from scratch.
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:18 pm

Im really excited for this round, but does it have to be from scratch or can it be partially a fusion? Thanks Smile
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Hessehl Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:37 pm

The concept for my fakemon is a corrupted fairy, that's why she is poison/fairy.
Completly made from scratch an supposed to fit in B/W.
Venairy:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Venairy_by_hessehl-d8ltwow
Hessehl
Hessehl
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:06 pm

This sprite I've actually had for some time. It's totemrage a grass/fire type(I can't belive there isn't a grass/fire type srsly Shocked ).
http://orig15.deviantart.net/fb99/f/2015/074/7/6/totemrage_by_futurecreateor-d7y1sd1.png

Last edited by futurecreateor on Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : on acident)
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Empty This a grass fire type

Post by Jathavan Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Fire_grass_type_fakemon_by_jathavansiva-d8lu1n0
On closer inspection this looks like tangrowth but if I need to redo it I will but I am fine if I can't re enter this round
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Empty Oh sigh

Post by Jathavan Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Someone already did a grass fire type now I am unorignal Crying or Very sad
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:18 pm

VerysBlade wrote:Im really excited for this round, but does it have to be from scratch or can it be partially a fusion? Thanks Smile

Well, if you can make it not look like what you used (like if you want to use something as a base for a loose body shape, but you edit it beyond recognition).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Empty My own pokemon

Post by Karasugaming Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:14 pm

In a world where not many pokemon exist some trainers started to become fused with some of the pokemon they have captured. Karasu has decided to undergo experimentation and is now a mercenary pokemon that fights for justice kinda like a robin hood who kills people from the goverment because they are CORRUPT!
so without further ado Mercenary karasu my own fanmade pokemon. type dark/dragon
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 <a href=Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Mercen10" />

Last edited by 13gamer2000 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : type)
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:18 pm

Um, Gamer, considering if I even allow that.. what's the type?
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:01 pm

13gamer2000 wrote:In a world where not many pokemon exist some trainers started to become fused with some of the pokemon they have captured. Karasu has decided to undergo experimentation and is now a mercenary pokemon that fights for justice kinda like a robin hood who kills people from the goverment because they are CORRUPT!
so without further ado Mercenary karasu my own fanmade pokemon. type dark/dragon
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 <a href=Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 6 Mercen10" />

Hydreigon...?
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Yeah if that's the case, that is not a unique type combo.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next