Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Smogon Cliche - Volt-Turn Hyperoffense

Go down

Another Smogon Cliche - Volt-Turn Hyperoffense Empty Another Smogon Cliche - Volt-Turn Hyperoffense

Post by l0rd ch1mez Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:00 am

To start things off, Volt-Turn has always been the better core in my eyes. It supports overall offense which so happens to be my play style. The aim of Volt-Turn is to "volt-turn" until you have the wanted Pokemon in the battlefield. Volt-Turn'ers are usually fast to avoid contact with the opposing Pokemon. And thus, I'm here to present my Volt-Turn team.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Manectric (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk, 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Azumarill (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Time for the overview of the team. Before you question me, "Umm, didn't you tell us Volt-Turn'ers are supposed to be fast? 'Cause I ain't seeing any fast U-Turn'ers," I'm going to explain that. It's simple really - if you don't have speed, go for bulk. As you can already see, Manectric is the main special offense for the team and plays the part in 'volt' of 'volt-turn'. Whereas for 'turn', we have both Scizor and Landorus-T. Both possess important roles in the team, Landorus-T being the Rock Setter and Scizor being the main U-Turner.

Now to the rest of the team members. Not much to say since this is a hyperoffense team. To explain the Scarf on Tyranitar, it stops most of the Sp. Atkers out there. It outspeeds and delivers to things like Greninja, Latios, Latias, Heatran and so on. It is a surprising outtake unlike the usual D-Dance set. Azumarill's set can be changed and is really recommended. Sitrus Drum isn't a big deal in OU anymore thanks to the new Mega's. Assault Vest set or Choice Band are two of the items that are highly suggested.

To end it off, this team is really week to Mamoswine. Well, I mean, Mamoswine cripples every offensive team anyway. Unless you get lucky with Azumarill's or Scizor. Until next time, this is your father.
l0rd ch1mez
l0rd ch1mez
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down