Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event thread

4 posters

Go down

Event thread Empty Event thread

Post by FutureCreator Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:28 pm

I thought a thread like this would be useful. Post any and all event pokemon you know of being recieveable here.

Anyways, here's one. There is a chance to get darkrai for about 1 or 2 days more with the code DARKRAI2016.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Event thread Empty Re: Event thread

Post by FutureCreator Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:38 pm

Ok so if you live in North America the code is actually Darkrai20, the previous code works for Europe and Oceania
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:59 pm

I don't keep up with events, how exactly do you redeem said codes?

Nevermind, a friend told me. Very Happy

...of course it's in a cherish ball. I hate you game freak.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:08 am

Heyo, so we have another event, this time it's just through wifi. From October first till October 24th you can get your hands on the event pokemon Keldeo.

You can also get Volcanion till the 30th of October in Gamestop in North America and in these stores for the European countries:
Pokémon Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel Tie-In - Gamestop (IT/DE/DK/FI)
Gamestop, Neo Tokyo, Gamzone and Spillsjappa (Norway)
Bart Smit, Intertoys & ToysXL (NL)
Dreamland & Broze et Fun (BE)
GAME (UK)
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:43 am

You guys don't happen to have data-trading threads for those of us who can't get out to these places just for event pokemon do you?
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:35 am

I don't get what you mean by data trading. If you mean someone tell you the code, then you are out of luck the codes are one use and they usually give one per person
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:51 pm

FutureCreator wrote:I don't get what you mean by data trading. If you mean someone tell you the code, then you are out of luck the codes are one use and they usually give one per person

Data trade = trade over something, then trade it back. Basically give it to someone for dex data - usually the other person gives something rare in return as collateral so they can't just steal it.

My goal is to complete the pokedex but these stupid events make it real hard, because of the cherish balls you can't just trade online events for real ones now anymore either because gamefreak hates their users I guess.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:15 pm

Well you could start a thread on the trading section and ask someone
Tbh I'm not up for it since I got screwed over and a had a rare pokemon stolen by a previous member of the forums and since you're a bit newer I will withold my trust for now.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:27 am

FutureCreator wrote:Well you could start a thread on the trading section and ask someone
Tbh I'm not up for it since I got screwed over and a had a rare pokemon stolen by a previous member of the forums and since you're a bit newer I will withold my trust for now.

I understand. Trust is earned overtime, I'd imagine a lot of other people probably feel that way too and I can't blame them.

I had similar experiences way back in gen 4's time, the collateral rule actually became enforced on an IRC I went to and if I tried setting up a thread like that, I'd go by the same rules since they were the best system we came up with, but I guess I should wait until people respect me a little more. Very Happy

This thread is a good idea btw, trying to dig through serebii posts to find vent info is less desirable.
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzuki Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:24 am

Thanks for sharing the info on the Volcanion event. I'll have to stop by one of my local Gamestops to get it. That's the last one I need for my national dex before Sun and Moon come out.

Yuzuki
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:59 pm

Thank you SO much for making this thread. I cannot exaggerate how many Pokemon I lost this year because of not knowing that Nintendo was giving them out. A couple of days ago I went into GameStop to buy a mouse (they did not have one Sad)*. I saw a poster up for the Genesect. I knew I was early, but I asked them for the code anyway. They gave me the code for a VOLVANION. I had absolutely no idea that they were being given out. I guess I should not complain because I was lucky and got tried to buy a new mouse before the 31. It is also fortunate that I did get Mew back in February, which was the one I wanted most because I really like it and I needed one for my competitive team.

* https://xkcd.com/541/

EDIT: Quick question; how do the IV and EV on the gift Pokemon work?
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:30 am

EVs, like all newly obtained pokemon, are all zero. IVs and natures are usually random, though sometimes pokemon like that are nature-locked. So if you save right before getting the pokemon and reset the game after seeing it has bad IVs or a bad nature - the IVs and nature will be different.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:14 pm

I have some extra Volcanions and Genesects if anyone missed them. Just ask and I will send the codes to you in a PM.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Jut learned that 2 Legendary Pokemon are being given out almost every month this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNnaJZ8Z4EY

Counting today, Dialga and Palkia are available for only 2 more days. You have to get the codes at a Gamestop, so the clock really is ticking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylbzDB1JdSc
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:33 pm

The 2 L. Pokemon being given away this month are Entei and Raikou. Unfortunately, they codes can only be pick up from Target from April 22nd though 29th. I am going to try and go to a store early and see if they might give any away.

P.S. I have 8 Dialga and Palkia codes if anyone wants them.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down