Wait, WHAT?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wait, WHAT?!

Post by Ariakai on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC2y4-kSiUI

It's been a year and a half since this video was made, is it still the case that you basically NEED ORAS just to feasibly battle competitively?

I only use AS for move tutoring, please tell me I do not actually have to PLAY it! That would be horrible, especially since I hate the hoenn region (too much stupid water and I hate diving) and you can't even customize how you look so I had to play as a guy because the girl looks horrible in RSE. >.< Plus I really worked hard to make my trainer in X look like the kind of trainer I want to be seen as and I have to give that up now because of this?

Is this why I can't find altariaite in X? I thought I could just get a friend to help me transfer it over but it SERIOUSLY won't work in X at all?

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wait, WHAT?!

Post by Dragon Arbock on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:08 pm

Nope it won't work at all- it's like any time they have adding things in a third version game, and they didn't make a patch to include these things in XY because they want people to buy ORAS.

If you want to use ORAS content, or battle people using ORAS content, you need ORAS.

Fanfiction | Dragon Cave | DeviantArt | Order of the Griffin | Flight Rising | tumblr
(Thanks Gamer for the banner~)

Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Yeah, real dick move on Nintendo's part (they've kinda been making a lot of those, like shuting down Pokemon Uranium). I didn't even bother buying ORAS after hearing about it, I just decided to wait till Sun/Moon to transfer.
A trainer from ORAS and a trainer from XY can battle, however the oras one can't use Dragon Ascent, Cosplay Pikachus, ORAS megas or primal reversions.

FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Having to buy ORAS for new content is one thing but not being able to transfer it to XY makes no sense.

Why would they make a remake the premium version instead of just giving us pokemon Z? ORAS is a remake and hardly a good one (they didn't improve on the 2 things I wanted them to) and the only thing that makes it feel like a premium is the soaring (I wish flying actually worked like this) and the dexnav.

I basically sped through it so I could use the battle resort, this has completely ruined my plan of primarily using X which is the game I bred everything on. I wish I knew this before I taught half my team HM moves instead of using a slave thus ruining a lot of pokemon. :/

I guess I have to wait for gen 7 to get competitive. :/ I don't want to basically divide people who're using ORAS because I'd rather use X. >_>

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:51 am

Just send your pokes over to ORAS trhough the GTS

FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:54 am

I primarily breed and train on Y. I just send them all to OR once I'm done.
I didn't like ORAS as remakes either, but oh well.

Fanfiction | Dragon Cave | DeviantArt | Order of the Griffin | Flight Rising | tumblr
(Thanks Gamer for the banner~)

Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:45 pm

I have personal issues with using ORAS instead of XY, a big one being that I wouldn't be the OT and all their happiness would reset to 70.

Plus, and I know this is probably not something anyone else would understand but, I play as a guy in ORAS primarily because may from the anime angers me deeply but if I knew I would've had to use this game for online functionality I'd have chosen a girl and lived with it. Plus you can change how people see you in the club thing in fortree which I wish I knew about before.

The reason that is a big deal to me is, I'm sick and tired of people online mistaking me for a dude. Maybe it's not a big deal to everyone but it certainly is to me. :l

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top