Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what exactly is a "weather war"?

4 posters

Go down

So what exactly is a "weather war"? Empty So what exactly is a "weather war"?

Post by Ariakai Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:11 am

I've heard the term thrown around a bit and one of the SLN videos says they basically do not exist anymore but I'm curious about what they were anyway. Was it just where 2 people spammed sunny day and rain dance one after the other until someone ran out of PP?
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

So what exactly is a "weather war"? Empty Re: So what exactly is a "weather war"?

Post by FutureCreator Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:27 am

No a weather war was a thing in gen 5 where each side would send out a pokemon with the abilities Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream or Snow Warning in order to set up their weather. It doesn't exist anymore because weather set by these abilities only lasts 5-8 turns now, while in gen 5 it was infinite
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

So what exactly is a "weather war"? Empty Re: So what exactly is a "weather war"?

Post by Ariakai Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:43 pm

Oh, so, I guess it basically forced people to have someone with the Cloud Nine ability to counter it and people probably switched in and out a lot then?

I can see where that would be annoying but people can still use stuff like drizzle, I've used it or rain dance to set up rain Dish pokemon or Thunder users in gen 6.

I guess the idea now though is that you can actually kill weather starters though to keep them from renewing their effect.

(Mostly trying to piece this together, correct me if I'm missing something.)
Ariakai
Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindoflame Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:08 pm

I was not playing during this time; from my understanding, weather teams (a team designed around a weather condition) were so strong that almost everyone used one or needed a counter to one at all times. I expect that matches would become a cycle of attack -> switch -> set weather -> switch -> attack -> set weather. My theory as to the reason they were called Weather Wars is because when two weather teams meet, the battle was won by whoever could set up and make use of their weather best.
Kindoflame
Kindoflame
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Apex Leo Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:07 pm

Here's the thing I never was around gen 5 silver league but I'm betting most of the teams were rain teams. As every weather effect did so much. Sandstorm and hail only activates few abilitys make blizzard 100 percent accurate and increase rock type special defense and damages other types. Sunlight gives fire types power benefits and grass types ability benefits and rain gives both to water types
Apex Leo
Apex Leo
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down