I'm not good at this

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm not good at this

Post by Ariakai on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:10 am

Ok, truth time. I spent around 6 hours trying to make this. This is the first forum I've joined since 2012 where I actually have some intent on being part of a community so I wanted it to look good, but...I'm really not comfortable with this sort of thing. I only worked so hard because I've joined forums before where not making an intro thread really puts people off or makes them feel offended or makes them believe I'm some sort of troll or bot.

If anyone's curious about stuff like how I got here or why I like pokemon, etc. I don't mind just answering though. I am here to try to make friends, get into the meta, and feel like part of a community again, I'm just not much for exposition, I'd rather my contributions or actions speak for themselves. I'll just toss out some general info and some links for that purpose.

I use this username for most online game related things and it is my name on Showdown so I thought I'd use it here too. Other names I go by online are Kazekai for general purposes or KazeLynn on places related to the PlayStation network. And no, before you ask, my name isn't Lynn, I just wish it were. It's actually my name in Pokemon games when I'm not forced to play as a guy because of bad female designs. (Hello Gen 3.) If anyone ever wanted to chat in Discord or something most people know me as Kaze by now but I don't mind being referred to as Aria either, I've used both names for a long time, the latter slightly less.

Some links:
deviantART: http://kazeskyfox.deviantart.com/ I'm not a prolific artist but I hope being on a fan forum again will give me some motivation, I have only made one pokemon image I am satisfied with so far. http://kazeskyfox.deviantart.com/art/Swablu-and-Altaria-472295005

Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Kazekai I mostly post Art Academy/Pixel Paint doodles and bad joke screenshots, a lot of which are borderline inappropriate. (I am seriously surprised Nintendo doesn't flag some of them considering how I basically turned the Tingle Tuner into a euphemism.)

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/KazeSkyfox/ Just in case, I guess.

I also have a Twitter but I wouldn't recommend going there. It's basically my own personal Armus. I suspect Nintendo came across it one day and arbitrarily assigned my FC type as poison just to spite me from using it to trash talk them so often.

I think that's everything, I'll put my 3DS FC in my description when I get around to making it.

I also make mid-range to extremely long posts. I try to be brief but I'm not always successful.

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm not good at this

Post by Dragon Arbock on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:56 pm

You don't have to be afraid- we wouldn't have bitten you for not making an introduction thread.

Also, your Altaria drawing is really nice- better than me for sure.
But regardless, welcome, and hope you enjoy your stay.
(If you think you're bad at introductions.. I'm bad at replying to them).

Fanfiction | Dragon Cave | DeviantArt | Order of the Griffin | Flight Rising | tumblr
(Thanks Gamer for the banner~)

Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noverys on Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi! I can't wait to see more of your art! (The Swablu/ Altaria was amazing!)

noverys
Lord Helix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:30 pm

I'm happy you guys like my altaria drawing, and thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it.

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anix_Senpai on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Yay~ Another artist joins us~! Glad to have ya on board and you're drawings are super nice~! Also I'm thrilled someone draws on miiverse too~ Names Anix btw and I hope you stay with us!

Anix_Senpai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Anix_Senpai wrote:Yay~ Another artist joins us~! Glad to have ya on board and you're drawings are super nice~! Also I'm thrilled someone draws on miiverse too~ Names Anix btw and I hope you stay with us!

You also draw on miiverse? Can I have a link?

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anix_Senpai on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:07 pm

Ariakai wrote: You also draw on miiverse? Can I have a link?

Sure, Here you go! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AmericanLionTree
I'm also called Anix on there so you'll know its me! ^^

Anix_Senpai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:54 pm

Anix_Senpai wrote:
Ariakai wrote: You also draw on miiverse? Can I have a link?

Sure, Here you go! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AmericanLionTree
I'm also called Anix on there so you'll know its me! ^^

I followed you, I like your banner. I see we also have Animal Crossing HHD in common. Very Happy

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anix_Senpai on Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:47 pm

Ariakai wrote: I followed you, I like your banner. I see we also have Animal Crossing HHD in common. Very Happy

AND you know what Animal Crossing is PLUS like happy home designer!? ...Buddy I think we're gonna be good friends~! ^^

Anix_Senpai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:59 am

Anix_Senpai wrote:
Ariakai wrote: I followed you, I like your banner. I see we also have Animal Crossing HHD in common. Very Happy

AND you know what Animal Crossing is PLUS like happy home designer!? ...Buddy I think we're gonna be good friends~! ^^

Aside from pokemon, the 2 nintendo franchises I follow religiously are animal crossing and zelda. I wasn't gonna get HHD at first but I caved and, well, do not regret it at all now. Very Happy I hope you can decorate your house with this much detail in future games. :O Being able to have coffee tables reasonable distances from couches is pretty important to me.

I need to get back into ACNL, half my villagers have probably deserted by now though since it's been about a year and a half. Very Happy

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:26 am

(I really need to get caught back up with the introductions >.< )
Well, I'm late, so...hey XD Glad to see another artist around here. And I thought everyone knew what Animal Crossing was...or am I part of the small group that does like it?

Life isn't the kindest mistress. She will do anthing and everything to break you and to try and force you to fall victim to her cruelty. You can't, however, let her win, for when you give up and succumb to life's cruelties, that is when you die as a person. Those who keep fighting, even if they are fighting a battle they can't win, are the people who truly succeed, because success isn't measured in how well you do in the end. It's measured in how hard you fight to get to where you are.

~LM

LlamaMinister
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Anix_Senpai on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:45 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:I thought everyone knew what Animal Crossing was...or am I part of the small group that does like it?

You're part of the small group that knows what it is lol. Trust me, if there were more animal crossing peeps on here, I'd be posting a lot more animal crossing stuff XD

Anix_Senpai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:47 pm

There might be more than you think XD
I mean, let's be honest here, you didn't know I was a fan, didya?

Life isn't the kindest mistress. She will do anthing and everything to break you and to try and force you to fall victim to her cruelty. You can't, however, let her win, for when you give up and succumb to life's cruelties, that is when you die as a person. Those who keep fighting, even if they are fighting a battle they can't win, are the people who truly succeed, because success isn't measured in how well you do in the end. It's measured in how hard you fight to get to where you are.

~LM

LlamaMinister

Back to top Go down

Post by Anix_Senpai on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:10 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:There might be more than you think XD
I mean, let's be honest here, you didn't know I was a fan, didya?

Nope! but hey, I'm glad to know you're a fan too!Very Happy my favorite past time was doodling Animal crossing villagers as humans just like pokemon Razz

Anix_Senpai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:13 pm

My favorite past time was being sad and lonely tongue
Still is, actually.

~LM

LlamaMinister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:58 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:My favorite past time was being sad and lonely tongue
Still is, actually.

You got cubone as a result on the first MD games didn't you?

...that's what I always got.

I guess with there being so many closet AC fans around then maybe there can be some discussion about it? Very Happy

Also do you guys have a discord chat or something? I've signed into the forum chat several times but it's empty. Surprised

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:54 pm

Actually, I got Treeko, if I remember right. Which I'm alright with. He is my favorite starter, after all.

But no, we don't have a Discord. And the Chatbox is usually empty since a lot of our users are in school right bow. I might pop in there in a bit. I'm about to head off to the store.

~LM

LlamaMinister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:51 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Actually, I got Treeko, if I remember right. Which I'm alright with. He is my favorite starter, after all.

But no, we don't have a Discord. And the Chatbox is usually empty since a lot of our users are in school right bow. I might pop in there in a bit. I'm about to head off to the store.

Problem is, I'm usually up at night. :/ I figured that was why it was pretty empty. I just happened to get up today at a reasonable hour.

Treeco was my favorite starter...he has to war with serperior for my heart now though, and both of them are likely to lose to rowlett. Very Happy But at least his mega is awesome.

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:09 pm

I wasn't too keen on the Gen 5 starters, myself. Seem rather over-designed to me, but I do like its idea and concept.

Rowlett looks good, though. But Treeko wins because Grovyle is awesome.

~LM

LlamaMinister

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:17 pm

Ariakai wrote:
Problem is, I'm usually up at night. :/ I figured that was why it was pretty empty. I just happened to get up today at a reasonable hour.

Treeco was my favorite starter...he has to war with serperior for my heart now though, and both of them are likely to lose to rowlett. Very Happy But at least his mega is awesome.
Err I suppose you live in The States or Canada cause it's day for a lot of people on here when it's night for you

FutureCreator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:38 pm

FutureCreator wrote:
Ariakai wrote:

Err I suppose you live in The States or Canada cause it's day for a lot of people on here when it's night for you

Stateside, EST (so, same time as a lot of canadians I've met I guess) but...yeah. ): At least I can keep up with stuff on forums.

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Oh, I live in the states too, but an hour behind you.

~LM

LlamaMinister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:47 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:I wasn't too keen on the Gen 5 starters, myself. Seem rather over-designed to me, but I do like its idea and concept.

Rowlett looks good, though. But Treeko wins because Grovyle is awesome.

Still surprised the sceptile line wasn't dual grass-dark just based on design and pokedex entry.

Not that it matters much to me, just a thought I always had.

I can't really tell if gen 5's starters are over-designed tbh, they look about as complex as gen 2's starters to me - especially meganium. And definitely look less complex than gen 4's starters to me. (not that it ever stopped me from loving torterra, strange typing and all) but they do have some elaborate patterns across their bodies in their final evos I guess which I don't see on the other starters except infernape.

God I hope rowlett's evolutions are good, if that rumor about its final evo being an archer is true it will be my favorite pokemon. Very Happy

LlamaMinister wrote:Oh, I live in the states too, but an hour behind you.

Neat, I guess that'd make it fairly easy to coordinate games together, if you wanted to sometime. Razz

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Oh, absolutely ^u^ Don't have too many others that are on around the same time as me due to school for everyone else, so it could be fun!

~LM

LlamaMinister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top