Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate My Team And Give Ideas For It

2 posters

Go down

Rate My Team And Give Ideas For It Empty Rate My Team And Give Ideas For It

Post by Drakeboy007 Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:10 am

Hey Guys! Today I am sharing a Water type mono team for me and my friends Custom Doubles VGC League. So far I have two Pokemon Gyarados and Polietoad. Let's check 'em out!

Gyarados:
Nature: Quirky
Moves:
Ice Fang
Ddance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Gyaradosite
EV's:
252 Attack
252 Speed
2 Spd (because of intimidate lowers attack, wynaut (pokepun) give it to Spd)

Polietoad:
Nature: Calm
Moves:
Scald
Toxic
Encore
Rest
Ability: Drizzle
Item: Damp Rock
EV's:
Look at Smogon's Set xD

So now you are wondering, Drake, you only have 2 Pokemon. This is where you guys come in. I need water pokemon to complete this team. I need a wall (slowbro but im not yet so sure) set up sweeper, revenge killer, and possibly another wall (quagsire, but still I am not yet so sure) So now, help me out here rate my team and add on!
Until then, ✌
Drakeboy007
Drakeboy007
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Rate My Team And Give Ideas For It Empty Re: Rate My Team And Give Ideas For It

Post by Zenox-rmp Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:58 am

I suggest Gastrodon for wall. It has storm drain as an ability paired with someone else running surf it is really useful, it is also immune to electric type attacks which Gyarados is really weak against, it also gets recover for longevity and you can make it either physically defensive or specially defensive but preferably specially

I'm not sure if you need another set up sweeper. You already have Gyarados as set up. This Pokémon can normally sweep or set up sweep, but it depends on the set. The pokémon I'm talking about is Kingdra. You can either use the focus energy set up or swift swim sweeper. This helps your team since you lack a strong special attacker.

For revenge killer I am thinking about Azumarill. It is one of the few water Pokémon who gets a strong priority move. Aqua jet also gets huge power boost and rain boost. If you even want to set up you can give it bully drum.

As a last wall, either Slowbro or Rotom-Wash. Slowbro is good physically defensive and gets many recovery options. Rotom-Wash has good typing and can pull off many tricks and also 100% accuracy thunder.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakeboy007 Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Thanks cor the reply, but I have a few questions. First off Gastrodon is a whopping x4 weak to grass. I need to counter that somehow. Second, Kingdra is out of the picture due to Xerneas. Azurmarill is broken so I'll take him. Slowbro is great because he has Slack Off and Regenerator. On the other hand Rotom-W is also great. He can use Scald (yes I know Slowbro can use it too) get a burn off on an enemy. Use some Hydro Pumps. And when he is in trouble, use the Electric U-Turn (forgot name xD) for a potential enemy attack. He has Levitate for ground attacks and really doent have any weaknesses. But I don't know who to pick.
Drakeboy007
Drakeboy007
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:01 pm

First of all, Gyarados has ice fang, you can give the Kingdra ice beam and the Azumarill ice punch. Those 3 moves counter the grass weakness well enough since almost only grass type Pokémon use grass type moves.

Kingdra also has access to flash cannon. A timid choice specs 252 ev Kingdra with flash cannon does at least 207,9% to the common power herb geomancy Xerneas set that has 0 ev's in special defense and 4 in hp. You will outspeed it in the rain due to swift swim and completely destroy it.

The Slowbro or Rotom is completely up to you. Both are great, but I prefer Rotom due to volt switch (electric u-turn)
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakeboy007 Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Why thanks for your help! Thses guys will be great in my league and possibly even this one if I want to battle it.
Drakeboy007
Drakeboy007
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakeboy007 Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:33 pm

But can you do me one last favor, help me get these Pokemon Very Happy
Drakeboy007
Drakeboy007
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:35 pm

I don't have my 3ds where I'm at right now, so maybe somebody else can help you.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakeboy007 Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:39 pm

K thanks anyway Very Happy
Drakeboy007
Drakeboy007
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down