NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NEW POKEMON SUN AND MOON INFO!

Post by LlamaMinister on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:29 am

I wouldn't be so sure. Blue and Red seem to be there because they are pandering to Genwunners, and Wally because ORAS. So, Cynthia might be there because remakes for DPPl.

Life isn't the kindest mistress. She will do anthing and everything to break you and to try and force you to fall victim to her cruelty. You can't, however, let her win, for when you give up and succumb to life's cruelties, that is when you die as a person. Those who keep fighting, even if they are fighting a battle they can't win, are the people who truly succeed, because success isn't measured in how well you do in the end. It's measured in how hard you fight to get to where you are.

~LM

LlamaMinister
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:22 am

LlamaMinister wrote:I wouldn't be so sure. Blue and Red seem to be there because they are pandering to Genwunners, and Wally because ORAS. So, Cynthia might be there because remakes for DPPl.
Who cares, really? It kind of makes sense for them to be in the game to talk to the new kid twenty years after the first game was...
...Would they be thirty-one in the game?!

CallMeFreak
Belated Slowbro

View user profile http://callmefreakfujiko.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:38 am

Personally, I think it would make more sense for Brenden and May to be there alongside Wally, since this region is significantly more similar to Hoenn than Kanto, but that's just me.
And they won't be that old. Otherwise Wally should be pretty freakin' old comparatively. That and time doesn't really follow the same rules as the real world.

Life isn't the kindest mistress. She will do anthing and everything to break you and to try and force you to fall victim to her cruelty. You can't, however, let her win, for when you give up and succumb to life's cruelties, that is when you die as a person. Those who keep fighting, even if they are fighting a battle they can't win, are the people who truly succeed, because success isn't measured in how well you do in the end. It's measured in how hard you fight to get to where you are.

~LM

LlamaMinister

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:09 am

On the contrary LM it wouldn't be logical for brendan or may and the only thing that both regions have in common is water just alot of water there are no other similaritys (only saying this cause hoenn is 2 chunks of land and an island city) also its the 20th anniversary of pokemon so of course there going to put red and blue in the game and there 30 years old. on another note my theory of a DPP remake might be true a munchlax event and cynthias in the game for some unkown reason but its nice to see her in wonderful 3d glory. seeing as wally is still young the events of sun and moon are likely to just take place after the events of ORAS.

Also after reading past comments can we stop F@#$ing arguing about logic in pokemon its F@#$ing pokemon the only logic in the game is what type is strong and weak against the other for F@#$s sake (/O_O)/ ~ l___l its right around the corner so thats the only good F@#$ing thing thats related to this chat F@#$ing hell

Karasugaming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noverys on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:23 am

Guys did it ever occur that it would be like PWT and just have ALL the champions? It wouldn't make that much sense to just have Wally and Cynthia, I think they were only in the trailer to appeal to new fans from ORAS, and Cynthia to add to D/P remake hype.
EDIT: probably should have read the previous page

noverys
Lord Helix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm

I got an explanation for Decidueye's part ghost typing. It's based on an Hawaiian owl, the Stilted Owl, who went extinct.

Edit: Litten3 is based on "Black Mask," a wrestler who's the "bad" counterpart to Tiger Mask. That's what I've read anyway.

I know pretty much nothing about wrestling, so I'll just leave it at that.

CallMeFreak
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:35 am

CallMeFreak wrote:
LlamaMinister wrote:Well, yeah, it's clearly meant as a way to remind people that "hey, look, Gen 1 was cool." I'd even be willing to actually bet money that Red is the superboss of the game.
Well, since Cynthia and Wally were shown with them, I'm assuming that there's going to be a thing like they had in B2W2... I can't remember what that was called. The post game thing that you can avoid.
Well, people seem to like them being there and I really don't care.

Edit: I dunno what happened but it's fixed now.

I think his problem is mostly that when people do stuff like this, it's because they don't think their game can stand on its own anymore so it has to rely on legacy. "Hey, we know nobody likes the new stuff so here's some old stuff, please give us money still."

But it could also just be an anniversary thing, I mean, why not celebrate your legacy? I think they should've left that as a surprise or something though, or revealed it in some kine of celebratory event for their 20th birthday - y'know, for the people who'll actually get it. Because pokemon still rakes in new fans every year and none of the new guys on the official news feeds will understand the significance.

I don't mind that it's in the game or anything but I've seen games make the mistake of referencing their past so much that it's practically the only identity they have left instead of continuing to grow and evolve. Mario absolutely has become this, and all it does is trap a game in the past. It's never healthy and I just hope pokemon isn't headed there too. I don't mind canonical nods to older stuff, but I really hope gamefreak isn't starting to believe their newer entries are less valid than their older ones - that's the attitude shitty people my age have who can't move the fuck on from gen 2, and those people should never be taken seriously.

Speaking as someone who's been a pokemon fan SINCE gen1 and actually remembers what it was like to be a kid in that time. I don't have a problem with moving on so I don't know what their mental complex is.

Karasugaming wrote:On the contrary LM it wouldn't be logical for brendan or may and the only thing that both regions have in common is water just alot of water there are no other similaritys (only saying this cause hoenn is 2 chunks of land and an island city) also its the 20th anniversary of pokemon so of course there going to put red and blue in the game and there 30 years old. on another note my theory of a DPP remake might be true a munchlax event and cynthias in the game for some unkown reason but its nice to see her in wonderful 3d glory. seeing as wally is still young the events of sun and moon are likely to just take place after the events of ORAS.

Also after reading past comments can we stop F@#$ing arguing about logic in pokemon its F@#$ing pokemon the only logic in the game is what type is strong and weak against the other for F@#$s sake (/O_O)/ ~ l___l its right around the corner so thats the only good F@#$ing thing thats related to this chat F@#$ing hell

Arguing about logic and trying to piece things together in a way that makes sense brings us closer to the fiction that we love and is part of the enjoyment of said fiction for some of us. Suspending disbelief isn't always enough, making a world we care about seem more believable makes it seem closer to ours.

Although admittedly arguing about this stuff is a lot more fun when everyone involved enjoys doing it.

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:43 am

Weee~ new Gaijin Goomba about Deci... Grass/Ghost birb.

CallMeFreak
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by noverys on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:49 am

I thought it was based off of the extinct stilt owl, or it was just emo and, you know... there's probably multiple reasons though.

noverys
Lord Helix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:50 am

noverys wrote:I thought it was based off of the extinct stilt owl, or it was just emo and, you know... there's probably multiple reasons though.
It is.
But Gaijin's reason is better and cooler. (Like always.)

CallMeFreak
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:52 am

Maybe that and what Gaijin Goomba said. Remember, one pokémon can have multiple origins.

''Then James Bond bursts into your house and smashes your phone out of your hand'' -Futurecreator 2015.
''Quote that shit.'' -Llamaminister 2015

Zenox-rmp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:46 pm

CallMeFreak wrote:Weee~ new Gaijin Goomba about Deci... Grass/Ghost birb.

because it's based off robin hood and he was basically impossible to catch? I mean he was like a ghost in his own forest.

Last edited by Ariakai on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Also, can we just mention the fact they are continuing the Gen 6 starter theme of RPG classes?

~LM

LlamaMinister

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:51 pm

What class would Primarina be based on?
Also, Arrow to the knee!

''Then James Bond bursts into your house and smashes your phone out of your hand'' -Futurecreator 2015.

Zenox-rmp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:52 pm

Easy, Bard.

~LM

LlamaMinister

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:54 pm

Ah true. So the useless class?

Zenox-rmp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Useless? Hardly. It's always important to sing to a dragon and charm it to fight on your side.

~LM

LlamaMinister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:57 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Useless? Hardly. It's always important to sing to a dragon and charm it to fight on your side.

Plus you're the most popular at parties.

I don't personally care that they're based on RPG classes because it means I get my fox mage and robin hood pokemon. :V

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:57 pm

What If the dragon is deaf?

Zenox-rmp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LlamaMinister on Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:00 pm

Then your dungeon master is a dick to the bard.

~LM

LlamaMinister

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp on Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Don't Call my mom a dick!

Zenox-rmp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:38 pm

I don't think a bard is an RPG class .-. unless you're playing something like Dungeons and Dragons

Karasugaming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariakai on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:40 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Then your dungeon master is a dick to the bard.

either that or someone's playing a genocide run Very Happy

Karasugaming wrote:I don't think a bard is an RPG class .-. unless you're playing something like Dungeons and Dragons

DnD was the OG RPG yo

Ariakai
Belated Slowbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:54 pm

Karasugaming wrote:I don't think a bard is an RPG class .-. unless you're playing something like Dungeons and Dragons
Final Fantasy has bards.
Though Prima... Popplio3 could also be a healer/white mage.
Anyway, we forgot about the Japanese trailer, which shows more than the English trailer, like the fact that Red and Blue are indeed just there for the "Battle Tree." Where characters from older games not only battle you, but battle with you.
Also, Red has a "96" on his shirt. That honestly took a while for me to figure out... I feel silly now.
Cosmog seems to be important somehow. Is it Lillie's Pokemon? Or is it just a side thing? We'll find out soon...Maybe...
And I think the last thing I've noticed is that the guardian Tiki Pokemon all have yellow bodies. I understand that it takes a lot less memory to just have one color but... Well, at least the animation is short... And brutal.

CallMeFreak
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:04 am

Cosmog is the thing in Lillies bag

Karasugaming

View user profile

Back to top Go down