Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new weirdo enters...

+3
Professor Morel
Zenox-rmp
Dragon Arbock
7 posters

Go down

A new weirdo enters... Empty A new weirdo enters...

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Sun May 01, 2016 6:49 pm

Hello! I'm MyGenderIsLitwick... my nickname is Spider, as I figure that's easier to type. You can just call me that.

I feel a bit awkward introducing myself here as this does seem to be a pretty battle-centric group and I'm not a very battle-intensive trainer. I'm more the kind of trainer that just like to play through the story, collect/care for all the Pokémon, and keep some personal favorites close by me.

A bit of a newb when it comes to actual gameplay too... I mean, I've loved Pokémon all my life, but mostly through the anime, toys, cards, etc. I grew up with only a Gamecube as a kid and, shockingly enough, hadn't gotten myself a main, hand-held Pokémon game until the release of ORAS when I started college. (Everyone in college seems to go through a second childhood, I've also noticed.) By now I've finished the story for both OR and Yellow, what with the VC release. The goal I'm making for myself is to play catch-up and play a game in each region... Kanto and Hoenn down, 5 more to go counting Sun/Moon. I'm getting there. clown

Some fun facts about me maybe? I studied as a writer, and took some side classes in Theatre. Alto singer in a choir growing up. Very gothic tastes that would probably match that of a Hex Maniac - you cannot talk to me for too long without me bringing up what a REAL vampire is like. Yes, I am still salty after Twilight.

To make this more awkward, I'm going to ask for a good sprite artist right off the bat... like I mentioned, my artistic talent lay more in the written word, vocal work... not so much in digital art. I've made a Pokémon-universe self off a kind of generator thing in dA a long time ago, added some things from a different Pokémon site for personality, and most of what I got is currently my profile picture. If someone could work with this and wants some more details, just let me know. I'm willing to offer my other skills in exchange, if you want something like a trade.

So... hi. I believe I've said everything Pokémon-related I had to say other than, well... I tend to prefer ghost and psychic types and my favorites for various reasons (definitely not always battle reasons) are as follow: Mew, Keldeo, Litwick, Lucario, Unown, and Togepi. Hope we get along.
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

A new weirdo enters... Empty Re: A new weirdo enters...

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun May 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Hello there.

It's okay if you're not super into battling, there's lots of ways to just participate in the community. I breed for competitive pokemon, but I don't really battle that often.

There are several spriters here, maybe wait and see if anyone is up for spriting your trainer (I do sprite, though I prefer pokemon to trainers.. but if no one else wants to, I suppose I can).

Anyway, feel free to intermingle, and I hope you have a decent time.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Sun May 01, 2016 7:08 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums. I'm not a spriter myself, as I'm more of a battler, but there is a pixel art section in which you can do your request.
If there are any more questions I or any of the other regulars are willing to help.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Sun May 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Thank you both, I'm perfectly fine for now. Smile I'm also sorry my initial post may have been a bit overboard, but it figured it's enough to start conversations.
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun May 01, 2016 7:24 pm

It's fine, it does help to start people talking.

As for playing the other games, since you have a 3DS, you can play DS games as well- Johto and Sinnoh regions are available to play via gen 4 DS games (DPPt, and HGSS).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Sun May 01, 2016 7:30 pm

Yup, I've been making plans. Smile Just getting the extra cash to buy them (I'm catching up in a couple game series), about one at time. Next I'll be searching ebay for a Johto remake with a Pokewalker too - seems like a cool add-on.
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Sun May 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Quoi? A writer you say? Well, well, how oh so nice! I'm thoroughly in love with writing, though I ought to get far more practice in that I do. Anyway, fear not about battling. This cite is for anything Pokemon related, and then even some things that aren't. Post as you will on what you will. I should say, however, our most active areas are in fact the battling, spriting, and role playing threads.

And, though there are those better than I present here, I would love to help with a pixeled trainer portrait. Always looking to sprite yet always finding myself without proper inspiration. That about covers it from me. And I'm sure you'll get along fine with the people here (we don't like Twilight, either).
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Mon May 02, 2016 4:00 am

Welcome to our club (insert spongebob meme here)

I am kind of a really competitive person when it comes to pokemon BUT I don't always like to show it off (mainly because I get my ass handed to me by zeno) but I try to stick with the artistic side of things and yeah im kinda the same just to get through the story or just having fun with the pokemon I like but as I said before.

Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon May 02, 2016 4:42 pm

Welcome to the forum! ^u^ Sorry I'm late to this, but I hope you enjoy your time here! And, you are looking for a pixel artist, eh? Well, I'm one, though I feel there are better ones here than I xD Still, should you be interested, you can scrounge around the Pixel Art section for my things OR check out my dA (Same name as here) for my Pixel Art things. Hope you enjoy it here! ^u^
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Tue May 03, 2016 9:57 am

Welcome to the forums! (Gosh I really am Late with checking all of this XD)
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Tue May 03, 2016 10:13 am

Karasugaming wrote:Welcome to our club (insert spongebob meme here)

I am kind of a really competitive person when it comes to pokemon BUT I don't always like to show it off (mainly because I get my ass handed to me by zeno) but I try to stick with the artistic side of things and yeah im kinda the same just to get through the story or just having fun with the pokemon I like but as I said before.

You're so nice, Gamer Razz . It's not always though. I have to admit that I'm good/decent at battling but I have many things to improve on. But I guess I'm kind of competitive person when it comes to battling.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Tue May 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Wow, thank you... I have no personal computer so I stepped away for a while, but am happy to see so many responses. Cool I think that's three people who has offered to help with my spiriting now, so I'm very grateful! When I have more time, I'll probably take a look through to contact someone with details.

And yeah, Professor Morel, I did study to be a writer. I'm off from school currently for a number of reasons, but I feel like it's my strongest talent. And, honestly, like you I haven't been much writing done either. I tend to just be reading now; I've gotten myself hooked into the Anne Rice novels, the Vampire Chronicles and the Lives of the Mayfair Witches. I've become so distractible. Laughing

I also may check out some roleplaying threads later... I see roleplaying as a kind of practice mixture of writing and acting, if done right. My only problem is if there's so many people the plot tends to move without me. I'll see~
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Thu May 05, 2016 12:28 pm

I also thought I'd specify that, regarding the goal I mentioned of playing a game in each region, having accomplished only Kanto and Hoenn so far, I would stop to mention that my father picked me up a copy of Pokémon Platinum yesterday, so know that I'm also currently working on the Sinnoh region. Very Happy
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum