Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

+41
DekuMarowak
FutureCreator
Infinity Calli
Essix
nya2468
Pixel Profligate
Dragon Arbock
Kitten
Mitchell Boot
CrimsonIgnis
Yria/Mara LB
Lex Callaina
Karasugaming
Hessehl
TeamNingo
TriShade
Gantorn
Zell Justice
Professor Morel
PoLlOrOn
Capta1n_Henry
Lady Phosphorus
Sir Tman
JTGamer_BR
Samuronite
CraterChest
Audio_Soul
Smileycorp
Istas
DanH03
stormneko
ryu
MizuCyne
AeroTheMaverick
J A Y
Chawizawd
redxephyr
ZeroScale
secretsupergirl
GrimlockGabe
Warlock
45 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun May 29, 2016 12:21 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Lapras_by_crimsonignis-da4ab7l

I wasn't sure what to make at first but at the end I just chose the Lapras sprite from crystal
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon May 30, 2016 7:02 pm

[To those who didn't know, I was away all weekend- judging will be conducted at some point tonight]
[..then hopefully all rounds after this will be on schedule..]
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon May 30, 2016 10:08 pm

Okay, next round is to create a sprite of a character from a non Pokemon game in the Pokemon style.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Capta1n_Henry Mon May 30, 2016 10:42 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Okay, next round is to create a sprite of a character from a non Pokemon game in the Pokemon style.

Do anime games count?
Capta1n_Henry
Capta1n_Henry
Solarbeam Sunkern

http://capta1nhenry.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon May 30, 2016 10:44 pm

As long as it is a video game of some sort. I also suggest you give us a reference of the character when submitting too.

EDIT: Just to specify, the character HAS to originate from a game. They can't be a character from a show or movie that then got a game.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Mon May 30, 2016 11:01 pm

So should it be in trainer sprite form? Or mugshots?
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon May 30, 2016 11:03 pm

A sprite is a sprite. As long as it one of the Pokemon styles, it's allowed.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Tue May 31, 2016 12:02 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Monour10
I present Monokuma as a monoursa

Link to reference: http://danganronpa.wikia.com/wiki/Monokuma
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue May 31, 2016 12:18 am

Samuronite wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 5573712_orig
It's not quite just a recolor, but it appears rather rushed. For one, there's some green pixels on the right wing from the original sprite that you completely missed. there's also pure white instead of light green for a highlight on the back of Ho-oh's neck. Your shading on the orange-feathered part of the wings is not that good, and completely inconsistent between the two. The outline on the beak jumps very abruptly from a light shade to black, which makes it look jagged, and there's a lot of double-pixelation with the black on the under part of the body and the tail feathers. The sprite also could have benefited from being made larger or having some proportions tweaked to closer match newer Ho-oh sprites.
C

TeamNingo wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Entry_3_revamp_mewtwo_by_pokeminer20-da3n654
This one, on the other hand, is a straight recolor. None of the shading was changed, ..which is more apparent because BW style usually doesn't use dithering. As such, there wasn't a lot of effort put into this sprite at all.
D

Karasugaming wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Spr_1b11Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Venusa10
This sprite has a few issues. For one, it definitely should have been resized. This sprite was also not reshaded at all, and the bit of black you removed near its underside actually altered the shape of the leg in a bad way. You removed the spots, which is fine, but you didn't replace them with the small bumps Venusaur has now. The yellow flower also no longer looks like it has a hole in the center. You tried, but it still needs a lot of work.
D

JTGamer_BR wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Entrie__2___revamp___swimmer_by_jtgamebr-da3onfr
This sprite also wasn't reshaded, and it's very evident. The hair is oddly square in the front, and the hand is rather large. The hair is also using pure white highlights, which you shouldn't do. Overall, this sprite just don't look very good.
D-

TriShade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 QKNqhtK
Not bad. The shading was redone to remove the dither, though not vastly different from how it was before. The outline was largely fixed up, though the two dark blue pixels not connected to anything by the feet look weird still. Also, the tail should have been reshapes slightly, and use a lot less of the light gray shade. Otherwise, not too bad.
B

PoLlOrOn wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Pokemon_Silver_(J)_BlisseySilver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Blissey_by_polloron-da3ridi
Finally, someone resized. I can also see that an effort was here to reshade. Its face looks a little off, but if being honest it looks off in all its sprites to me. If anything bothers me, really, it's how you shaded the front-most hair curl.. and also that the lower body should be under more shadow.
A-

redxephyr wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Gen_5_10
This sprite is lacking a lot of black outline on the back towards the fringe where it could really use it. Meanwhile, it had too much black on the head, and double-pixelation around the mouth. You also removed a lot of the definition from the fringe, and didn't add the tan extending into it like the newer sprite has. You did reshade it some, but the alterations you made to the outline hold it back, and you used too dark a tan in the transition from the blue to tan on the body.The fire is also too intensely yellow in places- the amount of yellow should be reduced.
C

Capta1n_Henry wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 BfnK5fE
Perhaps rather simple, but not too bad. I'd like to knock you for using dither in a gen 5 spirte.. but since Ditto was one of those who just had their gen 4 sprites carried over for BW, well.. though I still think you should have changed it. If anything, though, there should be less black near the highlights. It's dangerously simple, but it does mostly work, with a few alterations.
B

FutureCreator wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Aeroda10
This is pretty good, you reshaded it nicely.. though a few things look off. For one, when you resized it, and had to tweak the lines, you messed up the shape of the feet- the bottoms are no longer pointed to look like a talon. The hands were however not altered at all, but should have been, as they look very poor in their original form. You added an odd dark pixel under the eye, which doe not look right. Taking it away and then taking away a white pixel on the bottom row of the eye looks better. The outline of the nose and jaw also appear slightly jagged, and the one tooth sticking up is strange since the one on the other side does not protrude.
B-

Essix wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Team_r10
his is not a revamp, nor are either of these sprites a gen 1 or 2 sprite.
[DQ]

stormneko wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Tumblr_o7r32aVVsZ1s0q25yo1_250
Part of the fringe lacks outline, and the shading does not do well to define the shape of it. You are also lacking the merging of the tan fur into it like the modern sprite. Using the shadow tan color for some of the outline here is ill-advised, as the outline for the one foot and arm are too light as a result. The lower jaw also seems to be missing a front. I do however like your interpretation to wrap the flame collar around to the other arm.
C+

Gantorn wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Butterfree_by_gantorn-da3zsfp
One thing that stands out to me is how you added detail to the back wing. The only negative to that is that the antennae blend into it.. but it was still probably better to have done then not. What I did notice though, is that the sprite could use more shading on the body, like using a lighter shade on the chest to add definition- as it is now, it's somewhat flat. As it is now, it's not bad, but could use a tweak or two.
B+

Sir Tman wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Tumblr_o7t97gfyeQ1tmpg7po1_250
After everything you leave it on a transparent background.. This is your one time warning with that before we start docking your grade for it. ..Anyway, some of what you did is good, but some is not. You did reshade the sprite, but you actually took some of the highlights away entirely. you also missed fixing the one missing pixel out outline on the head. Regardless, what suffers most is the front leg on the ground, that looks like even more of a stub without the highlight or some form of outline to help define it. The leaf and the mouth were redone nicely, but the back could use more black outline, and overall the stub leg detracts from it.
B-

Audio_Soul wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Machamp_recolor_by_audio_soul-da419l6
This sprite is missing a lot of outline. As it is, it's mostly a recolor with the dither from the sprite removed, but it's missing a lot of outline in general, and only has black outline, with not colored outline. As it is now, it needs a lot of fixing up.
D-

DanH03 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Zapdos11
This sprite is a really shotty recolor- not only was it not reshaded, or shaded at all, all of the highlights were stripped away, so it's now a very flat sprite with seemingly random bits of dark yellow. The orange beak also has yellow outline, and none of the black bits were redone at all. This sprite is just bad.
F

Zell wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Uq8z
I can see that you reshaded, but it looks off in places- most notably, around the neck and chest area, the shading is very straight. The hands, meanwhile, lack any attempt at fingertips to better match modern Mew. The head could also have been tweaked to be a bit smaller.
B-

Mitchell Boot wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Persian_revamp_for_sl_sprite_contest_by_magiquezmaster-da42vl0
One problem I have with this sprite is how you made no attempt to redo the claws on the back foot, which really don't look good at all. Meanwhile, there is double-pixelation with the black on the face, and you missed a spot of orange under the eye from the old sprite. The mouth also has no business being pure black. One other thing is that you made it harder to distinguish the shape of the outstretched paw, shading it as you did- there should be no shadow on the top of that toe, and more underneath it.
C

CraterChest wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Alakazam1stto5th_zps969npvwv
This sprite almost looks like a gen 2 sprite. I think the reason why is because this sprite is largely a recolor, not redoing any of the shading save for the spoons, and has a lot of black outline. There's even places with lots of double-pixelation with the black. This sprite also should have been resized, but that's the least of its problems.
D-

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Week_three_revamp_celebi__by_yria101-da479oy
This is actually pretty good. Reshade nicely, and I like the change you made to the eyes. If I had to dock it for something though, it would be the hands and arm- you can no longer make out the fingers, and the arm is just very oddly shaped, and needs more of a curve.
B+

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Lapras_by_crimsonignis-da4ab7l
This sprite looks just about like the real thing- that is to say, it's really good. You resized it, which is a big plus, and reshaded it rather well. The only negative I have is that the horn is a bit misshapen.
A

Next round is as LM said;
Sprite a character from a different video game in Pokemon style, it can be in any format (standard pokemon, trainer, mugshot, overworld, etc).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamNingo Tue May 31, 2016 1:06 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Entry_4__frisk_by_pokeminer20-da4jtvi

So, Undertale, a great game. this is Frisk, the person you play as. beside from the right hand (I got that from the Nathan sprite i entered in round 1) This sprite was practically a scratch. The body, shadings, and arms could use some work but all in all, i did pretty good on this one. I used the Image on this site as my reference [http://undertale.wikia.com/wiki/Frisk]. judge kindly plz Very Happy

Last edited by TeamNingo on Tue May 31, 2016 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot it link to my reference)
TeamNingo
TeamNingo
Wild Abra

https://sites.google.com/site/theroughningosagav1/

Back to top Go down

Post by Essix Tue May 31, 2016 5:17 am

Ignore it -_- I done my work wrong

Last edited by Essix on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

http://fanfictionessix.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Tue May 31, 2016 1:43 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
Sprite a character from a different video game in Pokemon style, it can be in any format (standard pokemon, trainer, mugshot, overworld, etc).
Essix, I'm pretty sure it has to be from an already existing non-pokemon game.
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue May 31, 2016 2:27 pm

VerysBlade is correct.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Tue May 31, 2016 2:31 pm

:D
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Capta1n_Henry Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:10 am

I made an OW sprite for Kung-Fu Man from M.U.G.E.N.
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 NNXdXWA

Reference Pic:
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 PogY7Qr

Last edited by Capta1n_Henry on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Capta1n_Henry
Capta1n_Henry
Solarbeam Sunkern

http://capta1nhenry.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Tman Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:35 am

Can we do mugshots?
Sir Tman
Sir Tman
Wild Abra

http://pokemontreasure.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by stormneko Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:57 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Tumblr_o83fteoBQX1s0q25yo1_100
Henry from Fire Emblem: Awakening. i've married this skinny pale loser on every playthrough he is truly my husband and i will fight anyone who leaves him unmarried
references:
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/8/85/Henry_(FE13_Artwork).png/revision/latest?cb=20130502181145
http://65.media.tumblr.com/1fbc0dfffa1107afa92eb5a0232227ea/tumblr_mo1vtbAkQQ1ruc976o1_1280.jpg
stormneko
stormneko
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Sir Tman wrote:Can we do mugshots?
yeah as long as they're in the pokemon style and size
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Essix Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:19 pm

VerysBlade wrote:
Dragon Arbock wrote:

I don't understand? Is it suppose to be custome sprite or custom sprite from game? (like different sprite game putted into pokemon sprite?)
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:31 pm

It is supposed to be a sprite of a non-pokemon character in pokemon format.
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Sans. (:
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Sans10
References:
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:50 pm

Essix wrote:
VerysBlade wrote:
Dragon Arbock wrote:

I don't understand? Is it suppose to be custome sprite or custom sprite from game? (like different sprite game putted into pokemon sprite?)

A fan character for a pokemon romhack is not a character from a non-pokemon game.
You are supposed to sprite an official character from a non-pokemon game, in pokemon style.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Essix Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:21 pm

VerysBlade wrote:It is supposed to be a sprite of a non-pokemon character in pokemon format.
Oh, Thank you for explaining it to me. Smile I can not change this work then?
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Boot Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:27 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 Rosalina_generation_5_style_trainer_sprite_by_magiquezmaster-da52qlj

Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy

References:

Last edited by Mitchell Boot on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot references)

Mitchell Boot
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:38 pm

I sprited Fiona from Clash of Heroes. Hope yah like it.
(To be specific, when she was a ghost. )
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 4 0e974e3ea8e07bb1bb6c9447bec71b48-da53052

Refferance:
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next