Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

+41
DekuMarowak
FutureCreator
Infinity Calli
Essix
nya2468
Pixel Profligate
Dragon Arbock
Kitten
Mitchell Boot
CrimsonIgnis
Yria/Mara LB
Lex Callaina
Karasugaming
Hessehl
TeamNingo
TriShade
Gantorn
Zell Justice
Professor Morel
PoLlOrOn
Capta1n_Henry
Lady Phosphorus
Sir Tman
JTGamer_BR
Samuronite
CraterChest
Audio_Soul
Smileycorp
Istas
DanH03
stormneko
ryu
MizuCyne
AeroTheMaverick
J A Y
Chawizawd
redxephyr
ZeroScale
secretsupergirl
GrimlockGabe
Warlock
45 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:03 pm

I know I'm late but nobody ever gives me a hard enough time for it..

Essix wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Dragop10
So, I can tell that's Serperior and Dragonair, but what is that face?- Pretty sure it's Dragonair's but it's hard to make out with all the details around it. Using a gray outline would have helped some, but I think the leaf curl blocking the eye is worse. You also left gray outline on the stomach from Dragonair, which should now be green. As a fusion it feels more like a Serperior repose, or a Dragonair disguising itself as one, rather than a clear mix of the two pokemon. Another thing, where the leaf collar connects it stops abruptly and goes straight down, rather than being a smooth curve. The sprite wouldn't be so bad, but the face blending in so much with the other details brings it down.
C

Karasugaming wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Karasu10
This is cute and not that bad. However, using actual black outline for the black side of the hoodie would have helped, as the colors are already too close together. It is also perplexing that the pants are black but use lighter shades. If you mixed the shadow color of the hoodie and used the shadow of the pants as the highlight for the hoodie, it would have looked better. For the most part, the sprite just needs more contrast.
B-

FutureCreator wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Untitl10
I already forgot this was a pokemon. Ignoring it being forgettable, this is really rather good. Could have used perhaps a lighter gray to outline parts of the pink, but I'm unsure of the color limits for these as is.
A

nya2468 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Solgal10
This is cool. I admit I'm unsure if there are for PMD or HG/SS, but I'm gonna say they're too big for the latter. As far as what criticism I have for them, well largely has to do with an inconsistency I see. On the side view, the bottom part of the mane comes down much further than in the front view- in the front it should be blocking the rest of the chest. Meanwhile, from the side, the pokemon is too skinny. The chest and body area should come down closer to where the legs bend. Otherwise, the face is and mane are nicely detailed.
B

noverys wrote:
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Elias_10
Oh, I do see the improvement from when you posted it in a different thread. I think this sprite is pretty good, with only a few little things for me to nitpick. Mostly, the shading on the arms is a bit sharp. With the arm across the chest, it looks a little like he has scars. With the arm holding the pokeball, the upper arm muscle is bulging when it should not be. Other than that, nothing much bad to say about this sprite.
A-

Infinity Calli wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Trainer___001_by_infinity_calli-dai43lq
Biggest flaw this sprite has is lack of contrast, or in places like the arms, lack of shading altogether. The hat also has no shading on the blue, and the outline uses its lights and darks in the wrong places. Meanwhile the hair is solid black, which should be avoided, an the outline of anything above the waist has missing pixels. I see the effort, but it lacks polish.
C-

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Chase_by_crimsonignis-dai4p7x
Oh.. live action to sprite. Fun. I will say that's a lot of details to try and fit into a sprite like this, so to even try is commendable. As for the sprite itself, it looks fairly good. One complaint I do have is not using some silver on the front of the weapon to help it stand out a bit more, though it only helps so much. The free hand is also a little weird- you would see at least two of the fingers from the side since the pinky is shorter. One other thing is the shoes have some double-black on the bottom. Still, pretty nice for what it is.
A-

And now for the evolution/pre-evolution round;

Essix wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Lapras10
Biggest problem I have with this is the shell. Lapras's shell is nothing like a gastropod's so using a spiral shell here is somewhat unbelievable. This pokemon is also rather large for a pre evolution. Ignoring that, the eye is blocky, and the cream underbelly ends abruptly. The shell is also not centered on its back, with the front-left edge ending on the right side of its neck. Overall, it needs work.
D+

noverys wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Corsol10
While unique, this looks oddly more like an alolan form of diglett or dugtrio. The sprite itself looks nice enough, though some of the branches are more lobe-like, as they don't get thinner as they get further from the stem. Shading, however, is spot on.
B+

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Baby_durant_by_jathavansiva-daiq5d9
Meanwhile, this pre evolution looks too similar to its final. It's almost just like it, except without the bolts in the sides and smaller jaws. Issues I have with the sprite include the eyes, which are close to rectangular, along with there being no shading on the legs. The metal is shaded nicely, but that's all it has going for it.
C-

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Torkoal_pre_evolution_by_crimsonignis-daiw9t7
Now this is cute, if anything. The snout and legs reminds me a bit of Turtwig, so I think it's clear to me what it was based off, but that doesn't really detract from it otherwise. As a pokemon it is believable as the pre evolution to Torkoal, and I can't find much to complain about regarding the spritework.
A

Mizuurei wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Spr_4p11
Okay, you're late.. but I'm late too, so you get one warning. Anyway, Spiritomb is not a pokemon I would have thought needed an evolution, but this is kinda cool. I will say it makes an interesting use of the orbs. If I have any issues, it's that pure black should not have been used for the eye swirls. Also, a little hard to tell that the one hand has a 'beckoning' finger pose, but that's because I couldn't distinguish the other finger from the arm. I also think the one sphere shoulder would have looked better behind the face than in front, but that's preference.
A-

Okay.. this week's round;
Create an eeveelution for a type eevee cannot evolve into
End date; 10/1
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

Post by Essix Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:55 pm

Dragon type eeveelution.
It doesn't look like dragon but eh?
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Dragon10
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

http://fanfictionessix.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:38 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Poison_eeveelution_by_crimsonignis-dajo96u

Here's a poison type eeveelution.
I was going for a bit of a feral/rabid animal sort of design.

CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:03 pm

Hm.. should I extend this round since I only got two entries?
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:37 pm

WAIT STILL ON TIME!
This is Spectreon (almost named it Oni-on till I realised how that sounded). Based on the concept of spirit fire and those wierd japanese bead necklaces.

EDIT: Forgot to specify, if you haven't guessed it's a Ghost type.
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Spectr10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by J A Y Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:08 pm

https://imgur.com/as6dTkz

Sorry, thought the round was over already cuz of the rating.
Its a prevolution to Throh and Sawk. doesn´t have a name.
J A Y
J A Y
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:26 pm

wrong round its an eeveelution round
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by J A Y Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:53 am

Oh god dammit
J A Y
J A Y
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by J A Y Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:30 am

Ok, now for real.
I present you a dragon-type eeveelution. Call it what you will, i call Draceon.
https://imgur.com/JEK5arb
J A Y
J A Y
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:37 am

I will judge in the morning, was busy.. but for now;
Next round; Sprite your ideal final evolution to the Alola starters.
End date; 10/15
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:36 pm

;(((((( Not taking part in this one, didn't spoil the second evos for myself yet.
I might take part if it can be based on just the first forms.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:00 pm

Wait, do we sprite all three or just one?
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Just one.
And Future, you can base it off the first if you want. For some people the middle forms might already not be leading to 'ideal'.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Essix Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:36 am

So is this on or not? I really want to know cus I liked this!
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

http://fanfictionessix.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:01 pm

Well, nobody entered the last round, so I too that to mean people were too busy with school an life.
Everyone, let me know by posting in the discussion thread how busy you are and if there's still interest.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Well, seems we are starting up this again, eh? Well, let's keep it somewhat simple, just as a warmup.

So, this week's round:
Create a Trainer Sprite. Yup, that's it.
End date: The 1st of January.

Have fun everyone!
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:16 am

maybe if im the only one who enters then ill win
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Maya12
Here's an OC of mine: Maya
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:38 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Wes_by_crimsonignis-datpk3b

Its a good thing I brought my laptop on vacation, otherwise I wouldn't have participated.
Anyways, here's Wes, one of my OCs.
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:02 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 DHbCZNL

Best post something now before it's too late. This wasn't what I'd had in mind for the contest, but.... I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have this reviewed.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:15 am

i can never keep my times or dates straight oops. i couldn't finish anything new, so here's an oldie

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 9B1Qvvd
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:52 am

Welp my Lillie sprite was going too slow, so here's an old OC - Team Ragnarok Admin Sophrosyne.
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Ragnar10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:33 am

here one I did that no one knows about besides DA
Her name is Lucille and if I was a girl she'd be my OC
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Lucill10
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by J A Y Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:06 pm

https://i.imgur.com/ELk0ool.png

My entry to this. Perfectly fine since it´s 1st of January for me.
J A Y
J A Y
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:55 pm

Judging will be out soon. In the meantime, the next round:
Devamp a Gen 3 Pokemon.
Due date: January 8th
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:16 pm

noverys wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Maya12

First, I want to say that I have no idea what the shirt...shawl...thing she is wearing. The detail on it is pretty solid, though some of the shades are far too similar to one another. Otherwise, the details throughout are great, the use of black in the outlines looks splendid, and the hair looks superb. Over all, this sprite is generally great. The design of the character isn’t quite my style, but that’s just a personal thing. So, great job, Verys.

A-

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Wes_by_crimsonignis-datpk3b

Ah, now this is more my style. But...one thing really, really irks me. His legs and arms look too long when compared to his torso size. Like, his upper arms look like they are the entire length of this torso. Also, the shading under the knees on his pants looks much too dark there. Otherwise, though, the details are pretty solid all throughout, and the outlines look pretty good throughout too. Just need to touch up those proportions.

B+

Professor Morel wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 DHbCZNL

This one also looks quite good. The colors and shades are really, really good looking, and the design looks solid as well. There are a few things that do need some touch ups, though. Firstly, his left arm (the right one, from the viewer’s perspective) looks...odd. I can’t tell if it’s going into his pocket or behind him based on the shading. It also looks wider than his other forearm, though this could possibly be perspective. There are also a few areas that look a little cluttered, like his collar. But overall, looks good.

B+

Kitten wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 9B1Qvvd

I remember this one. Glad I finally have a chance to review it since I’ve improved. Overall, the sprite is pretty...okay. It’s not bad, but it’s a little bland. The details are fairly sparse, the shading overall is rather simple, and while those aren’t really bad things, they are things that could be improved upon. One big gripe I have with it, though, it the lack of any black outlines in the red parts. The hair also has no shading, though that is somewhat excusable with the few pixels you would have had to work with.

B-

FutureCreator wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Ragnar10

Hmm. Now this is interesting. The idea and design you are going for, is good, but the execution needs a little work. The detailing overall looks very cluttered and messing, and in some areas, I can’t even tell what the details you were going for are, like on the chest. This may partially be because of the color palette, seeing as the colors you used are so similar. One other thing, though. The lightsource isn’t consistent. Like on the boots.

C+

Karasugaming wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 Lucill10

Going with a simple start, eh? Well, this one is a little hard to properly judge with such a dark color scheme. Another thing is the shorts. They don’t look like they are clothes, and instead like they were painted on. Overall, this is pretty simplistic, but needs some general work.

C+

J A Y wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 11 ELk0ool

Oh, I like the idea of this one. Though, it has some...problems. Firstly, the purple undershirt looks like it has some pillow shading, which is a no no in the Pokemon style. And this sprite has the problem of using too much black in the outlines, specifically on the cloak. His leg also looks far too straight. The shades for all the colors are also too close to one another, which causes it to look pretty flat. The area around the neck also looks pretty confusing and cluttered. It’s a good idea for a design, but it could use some work.

C
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next